Articles on this Page
- 06/30/15--19:00: _Disclosure - Holdin...
- 06/30/15--19:13: _ONTD Original: Neop...
- 06/30/15--19:22: _Creepypastas are ge...
- 06/30/15--19:45: _Underated Queen of ...
- 06/30/15--19:46: _Jim Carrey compares...
- 06/30/15--20:12: _A new trailer for P...
- 06/30/15--20:13: _Meghan Trainor and ...
- 06/30/15--20:13: _Teen Wolf Season 5 ...
- 06/30/15--20:13: _Scream "Coming This...
- 06/30/15--20:55: _What's on Drake's t...
- 06/30/15--20:57: _Is Hilary Duff dati...
- 06/30/15--20:57: _New Fantastic Four ...
- 06/30/15--21:32: _Promos for UnREAL 1...
- 06/30/15--21:45: _New Shinedown MV: "...
- 06/30/15--22:27: _Selena Gomez confir...
- 06/30/15--22:27: _Fox News Doing The ...
- 07/01/15--16:39: _Stephen Colbert tak...
- 07/01/15--16:40: _Miguel — GQ Magazin...
- 07/01/15--16:41: _Chris Brown Files f...
- 07/01/15--17:22: _Introducing Teen Vo...
- 06/30/15--19:00: Disclosure - Holding On ft. Gregory Porter (Music Video)
- 06/30/15--19:13: ONTD Original: Neopets - Where Are They Now?
- 06/30/15--19:22: Creepypastas are getting their own show on SyFy
- 06/30/15--19:45: Underated Queen of Pop covers Elle Canada Magazine
- 06/30/15--19:46: Jim Carrey compares vaccines to fascism
- 06/30/15--20:12: A new trailer for Persona 5 (a.k.a. "Game of The Year") has leaked
- 06/30/15--20:13: Meghan Trainor and Shazam team up to share her discovered tracks
- 06/30/15--20:13: Teen Wolf Season 5 Supertease
- 06/30/15--20:13: Scream "Coming This Season" Official Trailer
- 06/30/15--20:55: What's on Drake's tour rider?
- 06/30/15--20:57: New Fantastic Four TV Spot and images.
- 06/30/15--21:32: Promos for UnREAL 1x06
- 06/30/15--21:45: New Shinedown MV: "Cut the Cord"
- Selena Gomez had a phone call with The Edge Afternoons, a radio talk show from New Zealand, where she played a game of true or false with tabloide stories.
- The last question was about the comments Diplo made about her and Zedd only being PR.
- She talked to Diplo and he told her that he was just joking when he said that.
- She said, and I quote, “First off, It's very interesting that Diplo would think he knew about my personal life, but he doesn’t,” Selena said between laughs. “I adore Anton [Zedd] a lot and I definitely had a thing with him, which was nice.”
- She also said that she calls him Anton because she's not here for the whole having two names thing and she finds it frustrating. And she also calls Calvin Harris “Adam,” which is his real name.
- You can listen to the whole interview at the source.
- 06/30/15--22:27: Fox News Doing The Most: The Kendrick Lamar Edition
- 07/01/15--16:40: Miguel — GQ Magazine Photoshoot
- 07/01/15--16:41: Chris Brown Files for Paternity
- French-Ivorian beauty Aya Jones walked in an astounding 47 runway shows
- Egyptian-Moroccan Imaan Hammam (pronounced Ee-men) is a breakout star who landed a career-defining Givenchy campaign and her first Vogue cover
- Dominican stunner Lineisy Montero (pronounced Lin-a-see) kicked off her modeling career on the lauded Prada runway (she, along with Aya and Imaan, are among a small cadre of black models to grace the influential catwalk since Naomi Campbell in the '90s)
If you haven't tuned in to the virtual pet site Neopets in a while, you probably missed the biggest 'WHOOPS!' known to the site; The chat filters were disabled over the weekend, introducing Neopians to vulgarity the likes of which some users have never seen.
I know what you're thinking - "Neopets is still around?". Indeed, but as a glitchy shell of it's former self. The events of the 27th and 28th of June was a mix of children running wild to a variety of pent up anger over the site's declining run, after changing various hands from one company to another, each less interested than the last.
So sit back, push down the crushing guilt of having not fed your Neopets in seven years, and take a walk down memory lane.
November 15th, 1999 - created by who the users would affectionately call Adam and Donna, Neopets.com is born. And it took to the web like gangbusters, an alternative for college kids who could have no pets in dorms, or simply wanted something to do.
With the buyout by Doug Dohring in Februrary of 2000, the site turned into a business, Neopets, Inc. Physical merchandise hit the shelves - a trading card game, a magazine, and various plushies that, in retrospect, cost way too much at 12.50$ a pop from Limited Too;
I honor a nation currently in anarchy #neopets
But the Golden Age of Neopia came to an end, as all ages must.
On April 27, 2007, Neopia changed for the stranger. The homepage changed from a few simple sidebars and top banners to its present incarnation of side and top bars with sharp edges;
From the Wikipedia page.
And the pets changed. All of them, unless you were one of the lucky few who had a choice, because the change was just too different. Just so they could wear some clothes, thousands of items which had populated the site since creation, having no use to the player outside of Faerie Quests. Some suffered the mildest of effects,
Well, take a stroll to the NC Mall! Where your real cash could buy some fake clothing!
So now your pet can look like this;
In those years, Adam and Donna left the site they had created...but hey, we got a virtual soccer tournament in the form of the Altador Cup. A repetitive game with representatives from all 16 Neopian lands, it started with a bang and eventually descended into a heavily rigged and biased tournament between the scoring algoritm and a secret league of players using unsavory methods.
Viacom also pushed for more 'games within games' on the site.
Petpet park was a continuation of the inane senselessness of the titular beings, pets your Neopets could own.
The Habitarium was like a bug farm, where you basically raised Petpetpets for Neopoints, the currency in the Neopian Economy (Which is an entire other beast of how badly it degraded over the years. Remember Draik Potions being at the very least, more than ten million Neopoints? Well, they're around 350k now.).
Keyquest was a board game, playing with tokens of pets one redeemed from buying more plushies in the real world, or from the NC Mall. It was a pretty good way to make money and fairly entertaing, a rarity in present - day Neopia.
But all of these aspects are pretty much no more, now that Jumpstart owns the site.
The third buyout took place in March of 2014, and many old time users were wary. Are we going to stop staring at this mid '00's get up? Will plots come back? Can we get some more tangible merchandise? Will someone fix this goddamn economy?
In short; No. In fact, Jumpstart let go some iconic members of staff (this link may lead to an empty board, probably having been purged) people who had been with the site from almost the very beginning. Downtime was frequent, lag even more so. User-input pages would go down for months. The Neoboards, once thriving hubs of activity where many a young one learned about the cruelties of the net, had boards left up for days, when a good one would 'asplode' in a matter of hours, topped at 500 posts.
And the Neoboards is where we find ourselves today.
Now, we of ONTD have seen - and frankly, said and done - worse than what's coming up. But fair warning - this is Not Safe For Work. I left the worst ones at the links that follow the images.
June 26th - the board moderators went home, a freshly - installed filter for the Neoboards installed - can't have those pesky kids saying the word 'uncle' now, can we?
Or so they thought.
On the contrary, once word picked up about the fallen filters, people came from all over the web to watch their childhood hangout go up in flames;
People were rightfully angry that young children were subjected to that. Many of the shitposters were old time users, people with years of work behind them willing to throw it all away because the site had because a soulless corporate machine that was constantly in a state of disrepair.
At present, the site had been avalible briefly Monday morning and down for most of Tuesday, June 30th. You still have time to get over there and whisper a small "Goodbye." to your childhood.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | sandstorm
-SyFy is developing a show about scary internet stories called 'Channel Zero'
-It'll be an anthology, focusing on one story per season
-Candle Cove will be the focus of the first season
-If you haven't read it, you can start here
Favorite creepypastas, ONTD? Mine are 1999 and balloons
*Call Me Maybe mega-hit status a a “fairy tale” and a “double-edged sword.”
*History of how the song became a hit in the USA
*Talks about how removed she was from the making of "Kiss" because the label was in charge
*Took a lot more control with Emotion
*Is turning 30 this year
Read the full interview at this link which does not qualify as a source
Who else but the queen of pop can deliver albums as fabulous as Kiss & Emotion, even in the face of label pressure????
California Gov says yes to poisoning more children with mercury and aluminum in manditory vaccines. This corporate fascist must be stopped.— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) July 1, 2015
They say mercury in fish is dangerous but forcing all of our children to be injected with mercury in thimerosol is no risk. Make sense?— Jim Carrey (@JimCarrey) July 1, 2015
Persona 4 Dancing All Night came out recently in Japan, and their limited edition bundles included an exclusive trailer for Persona 5. Fortunately, someone posted it via YouTube...
According to Atlus, the game is expected to be released later this year.
Also, here's the E3 trailer for Persona 4: Dancing All Night, for those who haven't seen it yet:
Source 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvydlzyV9D4
Source 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Lw4683vkM
Square-Enix Who!!????? SMT/SMT Persona >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Final Fantasy tbh!
Also, if you're interested in getting into Persona or other games in the SMT series, ATLUS is having a sale on the North American PlayStation Store. P4G is $14.99, and P3P is $9.99! But chances are you don't have a Vita, so you can get the PS2 versions for $9.98 altogether!
International pop superstar Meghan Trainor and music-discovery app Shazam are teaming up to bring you Meghan Trainor's discovered tracks. Meghan Trainor will be sharing the tracks she has Shazamed! According to the press release, Shazam hopes to give "fans a unique view into the moments when the world’s biggest hit-makers discover music that inspires them." Other musicians taking part in this partnership include Pitbull, Calvin Harris, Avicii, Jason Derulo, Coldplay, and more.
The full list of musicians: Pitbull, Calvin Harris, Avicii, Maroon 5, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Jason Derulo, OneRepublic, Wiz Khalifa, Imagine Dragons ,Coldplay, Usher, Robin Thicke, Enrique Iglesias, Clean Bandit, One Direction, Linkin Park, Alicia Keys, Meghan Trainor, Tove Lo, Alesso, Shakira, Selena Gomez, Mariah Carey, YG, Fall Out Boy, Shaggy, Pearl Jam, Zac Brown Band, Fifth Harmony, Nick Jonas, Hunter Hayes, Adam Lambert
Sources: Shazam 1 / Shazam 2 / Twitter
What have you Shazamed recently? Here are my Shazams:
What did you think of episode 1 and 2 ONTD?
Did you enjoy the series premiere ONTD? Who do you think the killer is? Do you think they will keep the same killer from the first film or will they change it?
-Bottles of Heineken, Grey Goose, Patron, Hennessy (YASSS), and Jack Daniels
-Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Soap
-Rolling papers & hair trimmers
Fairly reasonable tbh but kinda wack. What would YOU put on your rider, ONTD? Just dying to know!
Earlier this month Hilary was spotted at her favorite restaurant Zinque Coffee & Wine Bar on a lunch date with her personal trainer. The two left the restaurant separately and the paps asked Jason if he was dating Hilary Duff, he responded "No she's just a friend" then the pap brought up if they hooked up off Tinder he replied "I'm not on on Tinder."
Last month the two was spotted out for a workout
Hilary and Jason were spotted again yesterday after a hard workout
would you ship it ontd?
Source FOR DOOM and the Empire images are from my magazine.
Adam meets Mary's family when the show arranges their one-on-one date; Rachel and Quinn make some questionable decisions to win a bet with Chet.
Anyone else watching this show? I personally really liked it. I like Rachel, she gets the job done even if that means screwing someone over. Who do you think Freddie is going to end up with?
- Album 5 in August. They are one of the few metal bands signed to a major these days.
- The band continues to slowly morph with each album. I personally miss their southern rock-flavored style of the first album. But I don't hate this, either.
- I really don't know what the hell Brent is thinking. He looks like Fred Durst, and the song has a slight RATM vibe to it. Guys, nu metal died a decade ago.
- Barry Kerch now has the longest dreds in rock, I think. It's either him or Brian Fair of Shadow's Fall.
- All four albums went gold, 2 went platinum. Will album #5?
I'm lighting a veladora for them so they get back together next year, tbh. Ayúdame, San Juditas. #Zeddlena2k16
When Kendrick Lamar opened Sunday night’s BET Awards with a performance of Alright (which was amazing, Kendrick is a L-E-G-E-N-D), Geraldo Rivera (famed factually profound journalist), an esteemed panelist (and Russell Simmons' #1 fan) on Fox News' The Five criticized it by claiming “this is why I say that hip-hop has done more damage to young African Americans than racism in recent years.” He continued with his statistically sound and fully researched and peer-reviewed views by stating:
"This is exactly the wrong message. And then to conflate what happened in the church in Charleston, South Carolina with these tragic incidents involving excessive use of force by cops is to equate that racist killer with these cops, it is so wrong, it is so counterproductive, it gives exactly the wrong the message."
Article with the embedded video through the link in the Tweet. Direct link to the enlightening Video plus other gems by the Great Emancipator Himself.
Cannot wait for Kendrick to release The Blacker The Berry as a single/music video. Who @ Fox will be frothing at the mouth then?
Chris Brown Files Paternity Docs -- I've Had it with My Baby Mama! http://t.co/0TiYWeK9On— TMZ (@TMZ) July 1, 2015
-Chris is currently paying $2500 a month in child support for Royalty
-Nia is asking it be raised to $15k
-Chris thinks this number is far too much, and has filed documents in Houston to establish paternity
-Chris thinks that if a judge sets the figure it will be more reasonable.
-He's also demanding proper custody guidelines since he says Nia is refusing him the right to visit his child.
Royals! Fashion's freshest faces Imaan, Aya, and Lineisy climb the ranks, change the game, and never ever forget where they came from.
Photo: Daniel Jackson