Articles on this Page
- 06/29/15--20:08: _Something Only 5% o...
- 06/29/15--20:10: _Avril Lavigne liter...
- 06/29/15--20:33: _Carlegend Raenaissa...
- 06/29/15--20:34: _Mike Posner (& a bu...
- 06/29/15--21:01: _Katy Perry VS Nuns
- 06/29/15--21:19: _13 Cast Reunions Th...
- 06/29/15--21:20: _The Power of Two wi...
- 06/29/15--21:20: _Tom Hardy will wear...
- 06/29/15--21:20: _Could Frank Ocean’s...
- 06/29/15--21:22: _Me. I am Messiah Ca...
- 06/29/15--21:23: _ONTD Original™: 10 ...
- 06/30/15--17:03: _Creed Official Trai...
- 06/30/15--17:04: _Donald Glover cover...
- 06/30/15--17:26: _Karrueche Tran Reve...
- 06/30/15--17:40: _Eminem gets his act...
- 06/30/15--17:41: _Donna Karan Steps Down
- 06/30/15--17:43: _An ONTD original: A...
- 06/30/15--18:00: _Everyone Hates Trum...
- 06/30/15--18:06: _USA ADVANCES TO WOR...
- 06/30/15--18:37: _Pretty Little Liars...
- Everyone was pretty much cast off the street, and Chloe Sevigny came on as the lead at the very last minute.
- Behind the scenes, every boy was trying to have sex with a fifteen year old Rosario Dawson, who had her very protective mother on set ("You didn’t have sex with anybody. You just talked a lot," her mom yelled from the audience during the Q&A).
- Rosario hasn't seen the film since co-stars Justin Pierce and former neighbor/friend Harold Hunter committed suicide and passed away from a drug overdose, respectively. She had a crush on Pierce and says of Hunter, "[he] was so talented and so free and just such a remarkable being. He bet me a box of donuts on the L train we were going to get married – I’m still mad about that.”
- (Rich) suburban kids wanted to move to NYC after the film came out, surprising Leo Fitzpatrick. “I mean, it’s kind of a cautionary tale…”
- 06/29/15--20:33: Carlegend Raenaissance Jepsus' new album debuts at #1 in Japan!
- 06/29/15--20:34: Mike Posner (& a bunch of naked people) - Be As You Are
- 06/29/15--21:01: Katy Perry VS Nuns
- 06/29/15--21:19: 13 Cast Reunions That Happened In 2015
- 06/29/15--21:20: Could Frank Ocean’s First Snapchat Be A Hint About His New Album?
- 06/29/15--21:22: Me. I am Messiah Carey...a smart lyricist
- Seatsmart's study is based on average reading levels required to understand the lyrics of songs
- Reading level for a sample of 225 songs collected were at 3rd grade or lower
- Mariah's level is at 3.95(idk what this means tho, higher numbers are better)
- Songs from artists such as Kesha have a reading level of 1.5 (oop)
- Country music overall ranks highest of all genres, the study suggest that it may be due to the vocab (hillbilly, hallelujah, etc) and also because country singers are less likely to use chants and sounds (yeahs, ohs, etc)
- Lyrics are becoming dumber - see 1234
- During 2005, which was the year Mimi emancipated, the average lyrics were around 3.25 and it has now dropped to 2.75
- In the rock genre, Nickelback came out on top beaiting bands such as the Foo fighters and linkin park
- 06/29/15--21:23: ONTD Original™: 10 Forgotten Horror TV Shows That You Should Watch
- 06/30/15--17:03: Creed Official Trailer
- 06/30/15--17:04: Donald Glover covers "Marry You" by Bruno Mars
- 06/30/15--17:26: Karrueche Tran Reveals Her Father Is Gay
- 06/30/15--17:40: Eminem gets his action hero on!
- 06/30/15--17:41: Donna Karan Steps Down
- 06/30/15--17:43: An ONTD original: Accurate Fan Magazines
- Trump is suing for breach of contract and also defamation of character (seriously this is the dude that claimed all Mexican immigrants were rapists).
- In response Univision has basically said "Bring it, bitch" and says they look forward to defending themselves in court.
- Cheryl Burke and Thomas Roberts stepped down as co-hosts for the English language broadcast while Roselyn Sánchez and Cristián de la Fuente already stepped down from the Spanish language broadcast a few days ago.
- Since NBC and Univision have pulled the show Miss USA is now planning to stream online via the Miss USA website.
- 06/30/15--18:06: USA ADVANCES TO WORLD CUP FINAL!
- 06/30/15--18:37: Pretty Little Liars 6x06 Preview
More facts at THE SOURCE
Larry Clark is still creepy as fuck and this was one of the movies that terrified me as a kid/teen.
Avril discusses misdiagnosis and how her fans helped her.
All jokes aside Lyme Disease sounds horrible.
Thank you Japan!!! You made E•MO•TION #1!!!! ❤️🇯🇵 pic.twitter.com/BNqWHhwyEv— Carly Rae Jepsen (@carlyraejepsen) June 29, 2015
If that wasn't already a big achievement for the Canadian Queen of Pop, thanks to a special sale that's currently running on iTunes, her previous album, Kiss, has re-entered the top 10 for albums in Japan! Queen of Japan!!!
As a reminder, her new album, E•MO•TION, will be released on August 21st in North America and September 25th in the UK....what....
Show your support by pre-ordering her album or one of her bundles today!
If you can't wait for the album's release in your country, why not import the Japanese deluxe copy, which includes 3 bonus tracks.
Can we just take a moment and talk about what a cohesive, f@cking awesome album this is? Warm Blood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bad Blood
Source: Carly's Twitter
Oh, Lord! Katy Perry is fighting with nuns over the sale of an L.A. convent... seriously: http://t.co/AyhKjDmWL4— E! Online (@eonline) June 29, 2015
- The nuns claim they own the of the villa-style Retreat House in Los Feliz and want to sell it to restaurateur Dana Hollister for $15.5. However, Archbishop of Los Angeles Jose Gomez also claims legal ownership of the convent and hopes to sell it to Katy Perry for $14.5
- According to the L.A. Times, the 2015 Highest-Paid Female Celebrity in the World visited the convent to make nice with the nuns, but her efforts didn't work.
- The nuns did their research on Perry and were shocked and disgraced by what they found.
- "Well, I found Katy Perry and I found her videos and…if it's all right to say, I wasn't happy with any of it," Sister Rita told the L.A. Times.
5. Cruel Intentions (Elle Woods, Buffy, and the other one that I cannot recall.)
4. Suite Life of Zack and Cody (The twin that had the nude leak, the other one, and Ashley.)
3. Lizzie McGuire (ONTD's Walking Queen, the side kick, and the guy from the show that is not Gordo.)
2. Gilmore Girls (A bunch of white people that I don't know because I never watched this show.)
Full Fuller House (DJ, Aunt Becky, and Stephaine.)
SOURCE 1 | SOURCE 2
Seeing the Charmed ones interact on twitter always makes the child in me smile. Which sister and episode of Charmed is your favorite, ONTD? All Hell Breaks Loose is my favorite episode and Prue is my queen.
This Friday, July 3rd, Tom Hardy and other actors such as Terry Jones, Charlotte Riley, Stephen Fry, Graham Norton, will be wearing an "eye-catching" item of clothing to bring awareness (?) to colon cancer. Colon cancer is the U.K.'s second biggest deadly cancer even though it is curable. They invite others to join them.
You can register or donate here: http://www.standouttostop.org/
hopefully it's his birthday suit.
-Frank Ocean's Snapchat handle is "arealglitterboy".
Frank, The Weeknd, Miguel, this is such an amazing time for REAL male R&B artists.
Mods, this has not been posted at all.
Mariah florishes her songs with her wide vocabulary to create diverse range of festive moments see-
youtube sources 12345
If youre looking to get educated, book some tickets to Mimi's educational seminar which will be held in Caesar's Palace!
What is your fav Messiah Carey lyric, ontd?
With the premiere of the Scream television series upon us, and then the debut of Scream Queens this fall, could horror be making its way back to the small screen? The popularity of The Walking Dead and American Horror Story have both definitely helped to revive the genre, too. Still not enough to quench your thirst for scary TV? Well, here is just a handful of obscure horror gems from the yesteryears of television.
Death Valley (2011)|
The Undead Task Force (UTF) in San Fernando Valley, California is assigned the job of protecting the city from the recent surge of supernatural creatures: zombies, werewolves, and vampires.
Starring Caity Lotz (Arrow), Bryan Callen (MADtv), Bryce Johnson (Popular, Pretty Little Liars), Tania Raymonde (Malcolm in the Middle, Lost), Texas Battle (The Bold and the Beautiful), Charlie Sanders
This short-lived black comedy never stood a chance on MTV. It should have been aired on a more appropriate network like Comedy Central or even SyFy. Fans of Reno 911! might appreciate the dark humor in this mockumentary. While not scary, Death Valley has some laughs and an amusing ensemble.
A young man takes over his deceased twin’s website that investigates the bizarre and supernatural. Along the way, he and his colleagues come across ghosts, an Asian vampire, a giant pteranodon, a desert squid, cannibalistic humanoids living beneath the sewers, and more.
Starring Ethan Embry (Can't Hardly Wait), Lisa Sheridan (Invasion), Karim Prince (Power Rangers), Lizette Carrion (Over There)
This X-Files for the younger crowd missed its mark by well over a decade. Seeing as it revolved around the Internet, FreakyLinks was a bit ahead of its time. Embry played the charming ghost hunter and thrill seeker, Derek Barnes, in this drama developed by Haxan, the creators of the breakthrough found footage horror movie The Blair Witch Project. Many of the paranormal cases were silly yet accessible, and the cast worked well together. The technology comes off as dated, but FreakyLinks still holds its own in rewatches.
Harper's Island (2008-2009)|
A wedding held on a secluded fisherman's island, best known for a series of murders committed there years ago, is targeted by an unknown killer.
Starring Elaine Cassidy (The Others), Christopher Gorham (Popular, Jake 2.0, Ugly Betty, Covert Affairs), Katie Cassidy (Arrow, Melrose Place), Cameron Richardson (Point Pleasant), Adam Campbell (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt), C.J. Thomason (General Hospital), Jim Beaver (Supernatural), Richard Burgi (Desperate Housewives)
This whodunnit was basically a slasher in a serialized format. The deaths were quite bloody for network TV, and it kept you on your toes. Just be forgiving once you get to the end as the big reveal is a bit disappointing.
Night Visions (2001-2002)|
An anthology with tales about the supernatural as well as the twisted nature of humans.
Starring Henry Rollins (host), Thora Birch (Ghost World, The Hole), Timothy Olyphant (Justified), Natasha Lyonne (Orange is the New Black), Randy Quaid (Vacation franchise), Amy Jo Johnson (Power Rangers, Felicity), Jason London (The Rage: Carrie 2), Bridget Fonda (Lake Placid), Bill Pullman (Mr. Wrong), Jonathan Jackson (Riding the Bullet), Katharine Isabelle (Ginger Snaps), Chad Lowe (Pretty Little Liars), Jerry O'Connell (Sliders), Jay Mohr (Ghost Whisperer), Kelly Rutherford (Gossip Girl, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr.)
Anthology lovers will find some entertainment in a few of these stories. Plenty of familiar faces, too.
Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction (1997-2002)|
Five stories are told: some are false, some are based on factual events. At the end of the episode, the truth is revealed.
Starring James Brolin (host), Jonathan Frakes (host)
On average, there was usually only one actual horror story to be found in every episode. For a seemingly family friendly series, the scarier tales were effective. For instance: a young girl's cat is only visible to her; a family is haunted by a pair of disembodied red eyes; a house sitter watches footage of someone digging in the basement of the very home she's staying at; a boy goes missing after entering a closet supposedly inhabited by a monster; and teenagers accidentally summon a malevolent entity with a spirit board. Even when a story is outed as true, more than likely, the real life account it's based on is completely different. Don't let that ruin the fun, though.
Dead Set (2008)|
As a zombie outbreak takes place throughout the country, the staff of the reality show Big Brother is left stranded inside of the studio.
Starring Jaime Winstone (Donkey Punch), Andy Nyman (Peaky Blinders), Kevin Eldon (Hot Fuzz), Adam Deacon (Wilderness), Riz Ahmed (Nightcrawler)
This self-contained series is a wonderful way to spend Halloween night. It's just as cheeky as it is scary and gory.
Extreme Ghostbusters (1997)|
Dr. Egon Spengler recruits a group of college students to help deal with the city's ghost problem.
Starring Maurice LaMarche (Animaniacs, Futurama), Tara Strong (Teen Titans, Drawn Together, The Powerpuff Girls), Pat Musick (Duckman), Jason Marsden (The Lion King), Billy West (CatDog, Doug, Futurama), Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), Rino Romano (Godzilla: The Series, Sailor Moon)
It should be noted that the previous Ghostbusters cartoon was a mostly well crafted show that could appeal to both kids and adults. There were definitely some eerie episodes, too. Unfortunately, its reboot did not last as long. The art was more stylized, and the themes (racism, antisemitism, childhood trauma, ableism) in several episode were not very subtle either. A common gripe amongst fans was that it adhered too much to the "politically correct movement" of the late '90s. Really? With that being said, the show did boast some genuinely ominous stories. The episode "Grundelesque" is especially good.
An investigator, Paul, of miracles for the Catholic Church loses his way after a tragic case. Paul eventually joins an organization that solves supernatural anomalies.
Skeet Ulrich (Scream), Angus Macfadyen (Turn), Marisa Ramirez (Blue Bloods), Hector Elizondo (Pretty Woman, The Princess Diaries)
The failure of Miracles could be narrowed down to ABC's poor handling of it on its schedule. Coverage of the Iraq War preempted the show's airings, too. Fans tried to save Miracles, but it was hopeless. Fans were lucky to find the show on DVD years later, with the entire season included. Despite the show raising conversation about faith and religion, it was not done in a brow beating manner.
Point Pleasant (2005)|
A young woman washes ashore on a small beach town, bringing along with her an epic mystery that involves a timeless war between good and evil.
Elisabeth Harnois (Solstice), Grant Show (Melrose Place, Devious Maids), Sam Page Desperate Housewives, Mad Men), Dina Meyer (Birds of Prey), Richard Burgi (Desperate Housewives, Harper's Island), Aubrey Dollar (Dawson's Creek), Cameron Richardson (Harper's Island), Susan Walters (Teen Wolf, The Vampire Diaries), Alex Carter (CSI, Veritas: The Quest)
This FOX flop was like another similarly themed show, American Gothic. Interestingly, Point Pleasant has nothing to do with the town that the Mothman originated in. Missed opportunity? This series was probably geared towards the O.C. audience yet it may have come off as a bit too heavy or dark.
Special Unit 2 (2001-2002)|
A cop joins Special Unit 2, a secret task force that hunts down monsters called Links.
Alexondra Lee (Paranormal Activity 4), Michael Landes (Final Destination 2), Richard Gant, Danny Woodburn (Passions), Jonathan Togo (CSI: Miami)
Remember UPN? Maybe you saw some commercials for this buddy cop comedy. Back when it was called the Sci-Fi Channel, SyFy aired marathons of this cancelled series. Those who don't mind camp and situational humor in their horror might be down for Special Unit 2. It has fun with itself, and it creates an interesting mythology for its collection of monsters.
Images source: my tumblr
What forgotten shows do you like, horror or otherwise? Recommendation post for general binge watching or creepy post.
Note to Mods: These images are hosted at my tumblr, though. I am not hotlinking from some random tumblr. I host them at my tumblr because TinyPic is acting up.
IDC, I am HFT.
Go to the SOURCE for the audio
Eminem's new video for Phenomenal will be released exclusively on on Apple music July 3rd and it looks like Em is gonna kick some butt and take names! (or you know look confused and run the fuck away-which ever is best!)
Either way I am excited!
This is defiently different for Em but I am glad he is trying something new. Don't get too excited ontd!
-Moët Hennessey Louis Vuitton says there are no immediate plans to replace her and the line will be indefinitely suspended
-She's leaving to focus on her Urban Zen foundation and will remain as an advisor to Donna Karan International
-Donna Karan International will instead put their focus into DKNY
Stanning is inherently delusional (for some fans more than others) and celebrities play into it for fan loyalty (again some more than others). But what if stans & artists told the truth?
Here's what some fan magazines might look like if they were accurate (click images for larger versions)
Taylor Swift and the Swifties
A Taylor Swift fan mag, Beige Bitch Monthly has up-to-the-minute trends and quizzes for white girls who are proud to be basic. Fans love the instagram tutorials and guides on reaching your #squadgoals.
Katy Perry and the Katy Kats
K. for Katy Kats offers relatable advice to the pre-teen girls that still buy Katy's albums. Each issue has EXCLUSIVE content from Katy on dating douchey guys (you can totally change him!) and the latest trends in cultural appropriation.
Iggy Azalea and the Igguanas (?)
Though it had just a short run, Supremacy, the premier publication for Iggy fans, has taught literally tens of readers how to develop their own faux blaccent. This publication was shortlisted for a Pulitzer in 2014 for its feature on DIY buttpads.
Rihanna and the Navy
A BRAND NEW publication, AARihP was launched to help the Navy carry on after their fave has retired. AARihP is packed with practical advice on dragging celebrities on social media, and contains Rihanna's personal essays on being superior to current popstars despite being completely mediocre.
Britney and the Britney Army
Though it's been struggling for years (it went digital-only after the release of Britney Jean), readers just refuse to let Planet Britney go. Popular recent features include Arm Dancing At Home, and a 6-part guide to lowering expectations at work.
SOURCES: Me, and calinewarkwc69 for editorial help.
-Germany gets a penalty. Sasic misses thank God.
-US gets penalty and Carli Lloyd scores to take the lead. Germans scream #NoEraPenal.
-Carli Lloyd pass to O'Hara for second goal.
-Abby Wambach came in the second half for some light exercise.
-Alex Morgan was dreadful.
-Fucking Sydney came in during OT y'all ain't shit.
-It was a great game.
-Japan/England face off tomorrow to see who will be the second team in the final.
-FUCK YOU LALAS!
PLL returns in 2 weeks