Articles on this Page
- 12/08/18--22:44: _Jason Momoa hosts t...
- 12/08/18--23:13: _Rita Ora talks abou...
- 12/09/18--01:32: _New Stills From "Th...
- 12/09/18--01:33: _Netflix releases fi...
- 12/09/18--01:33: _Ryan Murphy receive...
- 12/09/18--01:34: _Japan's Crown Princ...
- 12/09/18--01:34: _Memorial and museum...
- 12/09/18--01:34: _Is Prince William t...
- 12/09/18--01:35: _ Taylor Swift’s st...
- 12/09/18--01:35: _Amy Schumer posts p...
- 12/09/18--08:31: _Ariana Grande under...
- 12/09/18--08:31: _Tara Reid suing 'Sh...
- 12/09/18--08:31: _Nyle DiMarco on the...
- 12/09/18--08:31: _Writer offers apolo...
- 12/09/18--08:32: _Preview of Kingdom ...
- 12/09/18--09:02: _Weekend Box office:...
- 12/09/18--10:11: _Katie Cassidy is ma...
- 12/09/18--10:41: _'Doctor Who' offici...
- 12/08/18--09:53: _The owner of Too Fa...
- 12/08/18--11:36: _Captain America: Re...
- 12/09/18--01:32: New Stills From "The Favourite"
- 12/09/18--01:33: Ryan Murphy received his star on Hollywood Boulevard.
- 12/09/18--01:34: Japan's Crown Princess Masako pledges to do her best
- 12/09/18--01:34: Is Prince William trying to break up Meghan and Harry?
- 12/09/18--01:35: Taylor Swift’s stalker sent to prison
- 12/09/18--01:35: Amy Schumer posts puking video on Instagram
- 12/09/18--08:31: Ariana Grande under fire for 'quinceañera' joke
- 12/09/18--08:31: Tara Reid suing 'Sharknado' producers for $100 million
- 12/09/18--08:31: Nyle DiMarco on the cover of JÓN Magazine
- 12/09/18--10:11: Katie Cassidy is married!
- For his friend's birthday, the owner of cosmetics company Too Faced Jarrod Blandino posted an IG Story which had a cake with the words "Rich Lives Matter" written on top of it.
- He received immediate backlash for trivialising the BLM movement.
- In his apology, he said: "I posted a pic of Jeremy and me at a surprise party a group of our friends had thrown for Jeremy's upcoming Birthday. There was a cake at the bottom of the photo that someone had brought to the party that has something insensitive & unacceptable written on it. I'm so sorry and I take complete responsibility for posting it." His full statement is here.
- Of course, beautuber Jackie Aina had to be dragged into the mess.
- Jackie had a collab w Too Faced to expand their shade range for their Born This Way foundation.
- Some people started to call her out for not calling out Jerrod, bc she has to do everything I guess.
- To which, Jeffree ~shades~ Jackie for not speaking up because she worked with Too Faced:
- Side info, Jeffree has also called Jackie a "gorilla" and an "irrelevant rat" in the past.
sources:the cake, the collab&the cracker.
ontd, are you over the beauty community?
- 12/08/18--11:36: Captain America: Reinventing the Patriot
Jason Momoa's hosting this week's episode of Saturday Night Live - to promote 'Aquaman' - with musical guest Mumford & Sons. Hopefully it's not a hot ass mess.
Back in February, it was reported that MOGUL, MENTOR, and BRAND Rita Ora had joined Justice Smith, Ken Watanabe, Bill Nighy and Ryan Reynolds (Pikachu’s voice) in the Detective Pikachu movie.
While on promotional duties to promote her long awaited second album,
Meanwhile, Billboard has yet to release the full Billboard 200 chart to see where exactly Ora’s second album debuted. This possibly due to a combination of Thanksgiving weekend and a chart error made between Travis Scott and Tekashi69‘s album sales. HDD didn’t have Rita in their building chart so it’s safe to say Phoenix missed the Top 50 in the States.
A 14-year-old Rita debuts her acting chops as Rosanna in the 2004 British crime film.
Fast and the Furious 6
Who could forget about her Iconic role as “Race Caller (Uncredited)” in 2013’s Fast and Furious 6? “This is London!” and “Ready? Steady...” are often quoted.
The Fifty Shades of Grey franchise
Honestly? I’m shaking. That kidnapping scene? On the edge of my seat. Rita Ora played Christian Grey’s sister Mia Grey in the franchise and delivered a suspenseful performance. International Sophisticate Magazine called Rita, and I quote, “entirely adequate.”
balgalrita delivers yet another chlling and stunning performance with Jake Gyllenhaal.
ONTD, will you be watching Detective Pikachu in theaters next year?
Sources:1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Have you seen The Favourite yet ONTD? What did you think ?
The knights will return. Saint Seiya is coming to Netflix. pic.twitter.com/0ZjADlihhA— NX (@NXOnNetflix) December 9, 2018
- Netflix's 'Knights of Zodiac: Saint Seiya' released it's first trailer.
- It's bad. Every single language they've released the trailer in is criticizing the dubbing.
- The animation is not the same as the last movie, as some people expected.
- It'll premiere sometime in 2019.
- People are mad Shun is now a woman. Because god forbid you have feminine men on TV.
Balenciaga! pic.twitter.com/ycPeVMcVFs— Variety (@Variety) 8 grudnia 2018
Sarah Paulson, Kathy Bates, Anela Bassett, Cody Fern, Finn Wittrock, Leslie Grossman, Billie Lourd, Emma Roberts, Jessica Lange and Gwyneth Paltrow attended the ceremony.
Sarah Paulson attends a ceremony honoring Ryan Murphy with a star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame on December 04, 2018 in Hollywood, California. pic.twitter.com/EyOmfN1OG3— AHS CAST PICS (@Ahscastp) 6 grudnia 2018
Drama Queens @ImAngelaBassett and I enjoyed a moment after @MrRPMurphy @LAWalkOfFame ceremony yesterday. @MsSarahPaulson delivered a kickass tribute. All the @AHS8Apocalypse attended. Kudos Ryan! pic.twitter.com/927ZWP03Lt— Kathy Bates (@MsKathyBates) 6 grudnia 2018
Leslie Grossman, Sarah Paulson, Billie Lourd, Emma Roberts and Cody Fern at Ryan Murphy's Hollywood Walk Of Fame star ceremony. pic.twitter.com/pSFWhEERCz— American Horror Stories (@AHS8Apocalypse) 4 grudnia 2018
Cody Fern via lesliegrossman/IG pic.twitter.com/EffSUv4cWb— American Horror Stories (@AHS8Apocalypse) 4 grudnia 2018
Jessica Lange takes the stage at Ryan Murphy's Hollywood Walk of Fame star ceremony: "I think it is extremely rare to suddenly find someone that you can have an ongoing artistic exchange with" https://t.co/DKOUxdXaqfpic.twitter.com/doHrdxWO6U— Variety (@Variety) 4 grudnia 2018
sources: 1234567 8
Japan's Crown Princess Masako pledges to do her best despite feeling 'insecure' about becoming empress in mere months, in a candid statement released on her 55th birthday https://t.co/SZtbLZAouCpic.twitter.com/ZkamJAE6n0— AFP news agency (@AFP) 9 grudnia 2018
- she will become an empress in mere months,
- Emperor Akihito is going to step down on April 30, 2019,
- Masako's husband Naruhito will ascend to the throne,
- feels insecure about how helpful she is going to be,
- wants to devote herself to the happiness of the people,
- she is Harvard- and Oxford-educated,
- left a promising career as a diplomat,
- she is recuperating from a stress-induced illness,
- people are unhappy because she gave a birth to a girl,
- her daughter most probably won't become an empress.
Gita's Auschwitz number was not '34902' but '4562' from April 1942. Due to the number of factual errors #TheTattooistOfAuschwitz cannot be recommended as a valuable educational reading to understand the history of the camp. Read our fact-checking review: https://t.co/7bNVPt5I8vpic.twitter.com/vA9jICkTfL— Auschwitz Memorial (@AuschwitzMuseum) 7 grudnia 2018
- Memorial and Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau (former German Nazi concentration and extermination camp) decided to release a fact-checking historical review of 'The Tattooist Of Auschwitz' in their 'Memoria' magazine (free online, click the source);
- the author and the reviews call the book a "document";
- Memorial and Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau points out many mistakes - how and when Lale Sokolov arrived in the camp, an incorrect number he was given, how many people were taken from a bus and murdered in gas chambers, just to name a few;
- the book does not have any footnotes;
- the author did not contact the museum;
- the author has no basic research skills, lacks substantive and technical competence to work on personal sources,
- the book cannot be recommended as a valuable title for people who want to explore and understand the history of KL Auschwitz.
Prince Harry went 'mental' and 'accused William of trying to wreck his relationship with Meghan' https://t.co/FLChMvvetH— Daily Mail U.K. (@DailyMailUK) 8 grudnia 2018
- the relationship between Kate and Meghan is not the reason Harry and Meghan move out of Kensington Palace,
- William voiced concerns over Meghan,
- Harry thinks he's trying to wreck his marriage,
- Herry takes no criticism of Meghan,
- Harry feels he could not protect Diana so he wants to protect Meghan instead.
Taylor Swift’s stalker sent to prison https://t.co/73q9YwNnsk— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) 8 grudnia 2018
- Roger Alvarado broke into Taylor's New York City townhouse in April;
- he was seen climbing a ladder and smashing a window with his hand, then hopped in the shower;
- police found him napping in a bed;
- he was charged with stalking, burglary, criminal mischief and criminal trespass;
- he will serve five months probation in Florida and undergo mental health treatment;
- Taylor never actually lived in the house.
The pregnant comedian posted the above video on her Instagram page.
Ariana Grande joking about her “quinceañera” and people loving it because she’s darkened her skin so much that they actually think she’s Latina is disturbing. She is a WHITE WOMAN, in brown face, holding an award she got over actual Latina woman, joking around about quinceañeras. pic.twitter.com/3ee1lZ8Pif— Muqing M. Zhang (@muqingmzhang) December 8, 2018
Ariana Grande is once again facing backlash on social media, this time over a joke she made while accepting the Woman of the Year honor from Billboard. While delivering her acceptance speech, the songstress thanked the audience for coming to her "quinceañera", which users took issue with as she's not Latina.
The tweet criticizing the singer is currently going viral across social media.
Tara Reid Suing Sharknado Producers for $100 Million https://t.co/ZFJ1MBJEOP— People (@people) December 8, 2018
Tara Reid is suing the producers of her hit movie franchise 'Sharknado' for "misappropriating her likeness and image for a commercial purpose without her consent."
- Photos of Reid in 'Sharknado' were being used on slot machines, gambling products, and alcoholic beverages.
- Her lawyers state the defendants made "millions of dollars in profits" from the marketing, sale, lease, and distribution of products with Reid's image and likeness.
- She is now suing Asylum Entertainment and SYFY Media Productions for $100 million in damages.
Ableism activist and America’s Next Top model cycle 22 winner Nyle DiMarco graces the cover of JÓN Magazine in their latest issue.
“Our cover star is the immeasurably beautiful Nyle Di Marco, winner of America’s Next Top Model, and Dancing With the Stars, and a deaf advocate making waves throughout the world. Nyle chats to us after a gorgeous photo shoot in the Hollywood hills.”
Sources:1 | 2
A follow up to this and this post from this past week. New York Magazine's The Cut writer Mariah Smith issued an apology for an article she had written on newlywed couple Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra, which faced major backlash and was quickly removed from its website. In the article, the writer accused Chopra of marrying Nick Jonas to boost her career writing, “All Nick wanted was a possible fling with Hollywood’s latest It Woman, but instead he wound up staring straight at a life sentence with a global scam artist.”
The Cut has since apologized for publishing the piece but now Smith wrote her own apology tweeting, “I want to sincerely apologize to Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas, and to the readers I offended and hurt with my words. I do not condone racism, xenophobia, or sexism. I take full responsibility for what I wrote, and I was wrong. I am truly sorry.”
Here's a sneak peek at how the epic adventure begins 👀— KINGDOM HEARTS (@KINGDOMHEARTS) December 9, 2018
Check out the #KingdomHearts III opening movie trailer, featuring the first listen of @utadahikaru& @skrillex's song "Face My Fears"! 🎶
Pre-order the song from 9pm PST today/12am EST tomorrow!
Breaking tradition from the main games, Kingdom Hearts 3 will have two new Utada Hikaru songs, with the ending theme being "Chikai/Don't Think Twice" and the opening being "Face My Fears" where she is collaborating with her friend, Skrillex. The song can be preordered tomorrow but won't be available until January 18th 2018.
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
What did you watch this weekend, ONTD?
Katie wed boyfriend Matthew Rodgers this weekend in Sunset Key, Florida.
- The BBC has spoken and they've officially renewed Doctor Who for a 12th series (10 episodes and a special)
- Despite rumours, Jodie Whittaker is coming back for another season as the doctor (no word yet on her companions tho).
- Rumours also said the show will return in 2020 but BBC denied them and confirmed the new season will air Autumn 2019.
- Doctor Who's season finale airs tonight and it'll return Jan. 1st for a New Year's Special instead of the usual Christmas Special.
ONTD, have you liked this season overall? I'm loving Jodie and it started a bit slow but after Rosa, everything has been amazing.
View this post on Instagram
Does #JerrodBlandino, co-founder and Chief Creative Officer of #TooFacedCosmetics, seriously think it’s OK to post a picture of a birthday cake titled “Rich Lives Matter” and mock the #BlackLivesMatter movement in an insensitive, tone-deaf manner? We don’t think so. The Black Lives Matter movement focuses heavily on economic justice, and his socially-detached bourgeois attitude is disgusting and highly upsetting. 😡#UglyInside #OwnYourUgly #BoycottTooFaced #EsteeLauderCompanies
The Avengers: Endgame trailer is here, and we're kicking off our Marvel character series with Captain America. Watch our video on the surprising way Cap reinvents what it means to be a patriot.