Articles on this Page
- 06/23/13--22:12: _Ellen Page Doesn't ...
- 06/24/13--18:45: _9 Completely Surpri...
- 06/24/13--18:45: _10 Fun Bling Ring T...
- 06/24/13--18:45: _The sun shines high...
- 06/24/13--18:46: _Club Owner: Chris B...
- 06/24/13--18:59: _Holland & Posey on ...
- 06/24/13--19:06: _10 Classic TV Shows...
- 06/24/13--19:13: _Queen Cate Post
- 06/24/13--19:19: _Angelina Jolie Urge...
- 06/24/13--19:34: _Pop Ladies News Rou...
- 06/24/13--19:35: _Queen Messiah Delay...
- 06/24/13--19:56: _Allure Magazine: 9 ...
- 06/24/13--20:04: _Nigella Lawson rema...
- 06/24/13--20:09: _Kristen Stewart Get...
- 06/24/13--20:12: _switched at birth 2...
- 06/24/13--20:13: _Madonna teaches fit...
- 06/24/13--20:13: _Journalist Michael ...
- 06/24/13--20:26: _Your Favorite Rappe...
- 06/24/13--20:26: _‘Teen Wolf’ Recap: ...
- 06/24/13--20:37: _BLACKHAWKS ARE THE ...
- 06/24/13--18:45: 9 Completely Surprising Greatest Hits Albums
- 06/24/13--18:45: 10 Fun Bling Ring Tidbits You Will Not Learn From the Movie
- 06/24/13--18:59: Holland & Posey on Loveline Live!
- Posey is called a powerbottom. (Reminded me of when Posey said Isaac was going to thrust Posey with Isaac's greatness.)
- Posey was quite the slut when he was younger and, ergo, the subject of his bro's admiration.
- Posey is just as beautiful in real life as he is on Teen Wolf.
- Posey is basically married with his girlfriend whom he met and was in love with since they were 11.
- The host is OBSESSED with Posey's beauty
- Posey says no to threesomes even when if the girlfriend says yes.
- Posey jokes about liking some light bondage.
- Posey likes pooping with the door open. (He seems to like the word "poop" and its variations, doesn't he?)
- Posey knows the difference between blunts and joints. (no comment)
- Holland is Even better looking in person than on Teen Wolf.
- Holland likes older guys and dated guys whom were 10-12 years older than her when she was younger. (Ian/Holland looking more and more canon)
- Holland picked Teen Wolf while in college where she was originally pre-med. (So is Teen Wolf an upgrade or a downgrade?)
- Holland is flustered when she swears.
- Holland doesn't pick her nose or litter.
- Holland hates the act of showering, but loves its consequences.
- Holland is an angelic, humble soul that shames all your conceited faves.
- Studied women's studies.
- Holland gives some good advice.
- Many straight guys like tranny porn.
- "What do you do when your partner is away?" is the question for this episode. The callers, the hosts, Holland, and Posey answer.
- Holland and Posey are asked how they deal with the downsides of celebrity, e.g. fans and paparazzi alike stalking and photographing them at every available opportunity.
- 06/24/13--19:06: 10 Classic TV Shows You Still Can't Watch Online
- 06/24/13--19:13: Queen Cate Post
- 06/24/13--19:19: Angelina Jolie Urges U.N. Security Council to Stop War Zone Rape
- 06/24/13--19:34: Pop Ladies News Round Up
- 06/24/13--19:35: Queen Messiah Delays Album?
- 06/24/13--19:56: Allure Magazine: 9 New Ponytails to Try This Summer
- 06/24/13--20:09: Kristen Stewart Gets Tattoo in Nashville
- 06/24/13--20:12: switched at birth 2x14 promo "He Did What He Wanted"
- 06/24/13--20:13: Madonna teaches fitness class to some fans + candids
- 06/24/13--20:26: Your Favorite Rappers Tweet What They Really Think About Each Other
- 06/24/13--20:26: ‘Teen Wolf’ Recap: Deucalion Reveals The Secret Behind His Powers
- 06/24/13--20:37: BLACKHAWKS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
"I am actually acting in a video game called Beyond Two Souls, so it was not appreciated."
Remember how The Last of Us' Ellie once bore a more-than-striking resemblence to Canadian actress Ellen Page? And remember how Naughty Dog subsequently redesigned her to better resemble her voice actress, Ashley Johnson? But arguably, Ellie still carries certain... Ellen-Page-ish qualites?
In a recent Reddit Ask Me Anything, Page admitted she did not "appreciate" her likeness being "ripped off" by Naughty Dog, principally due to her legitimate involvement with Quantic Dream's Beyond: Two Souls, another Sony exclusive.
The below question was posed to Page during her recent AMA:
"This has almost certainly been made clear to you several times, but are you aware how much you look like Ellie from “The Last of Us,” a video game which came out about a week ago. She even sounds like you. So much so that almost everyone assumed it was you playing the role.
Which leads me to my questions:
How did you like playing the role of a video game character when doing “Beyond: Two Souls?” Do you prefer live action? Have you seen any footage of “The Last of Us” and would you have taken the role as Ellie if approached?"
To which Page replied:
"I guess I should be flattered that they ripped off my likeness, but I am actually acting in a video game called Beyond Two Souls, so it was not appreciated."
This was the original Ellie design:
Monday marks the 39th anniversary of The Beach Boys' greatest-hits album "Endless Summer."
The compilation recalls such megahits as "Surfin' U.S.A.," "I Get Around" and "California Girls." It also brings to mind the many greatest-hits efforts that flood the new-release catalog every year, including a plethora of albums that come at random intervals in artists' careers
Many premature, others simply unexpected, here are some recent musicians you may be surprised to learn have greatest-hits releases.
5. Hilary Duff
Debut album: 2002
Number of previous albums: 4
4. Gretchen Wilson
Debut album: 2004
Number of previous albums: 3
Debut album: 2001
Number of previous albums: 4
Debut album: 1999
Number of previous albums: 4
Debut album: 1998
Number of previous albums: 3
Source: Full List
Sofia Coppola's The Bling Ring was initially based on Nancy Jo Sales's Vanity Fair article "The Suspect Wore Louboutins." The author eventually expanded her initial piece into a full-fledged book called The Bling Ring: How a Gang of Fame-Obsessed Teens Ripped Off Hollywood and Shocked the World. By virtue of its length, it is able to delve much deeper into the case than the article or even Coppola's film. Here are our ten favorite tidbits from the book:
1. Other notable attendees of Indian Hills, where the Bling Ring attended high school? “Erik Menendez, who killed his parents ... and Katie Cassidy, David’s daughter; she was on Gossip Girl.”
2. Bling Ring leader Rachel Lee did, in fact, hit the bathroom during the robbery of Rachel Bilson’s house. Says Nick Prugo: “We were in Rachel Bilson’s bathroom and Rachel just had to go, so she just ... yeah. I remember the incident so well. I can recall the smell, which is really nasty, disgusting. When you’re in there,” robbing someone’s house, that is, “you have a rush, like I’ve had to pee when I’ve been in there, but I would never use their bathroom, just in fear of that maybe some type of evidence would be left there. I think that’s weird, personally.”
3. Courtney Ames has no sense of smell. The other members of the Ring would play tricks on her by putting cans of tuna into her car so everything smelled like rotten fish ... including Courtney.
4. Poor Courtney also was bullied by Alexis Neiers and Tess Taylor: “There was this song called ‘Sexy Can I’ by Ray Jay" — about a man with a taste for designer fashions (“Gucci on the feet, Marc Jacob on the thigh”) begging a hot girl to have sex with him (“Sexy can I?”) — “and basically me, Alexis and Tess made it into a song about Courtney ... It was like, ‘Courtney can I'?"
5. Johnny Ajar (a.k.a. "Johnny Dangerous") bought the pistol stolen from Brian Austin Green’s house “because the stupidest fucking thing to do would be to let them run around with that.”
6. Though TV show Pretty Wild (and The Bling Ring) depicts the Neiers girls (plus live-in friend Tess) being homeschooled, they had long graduated by the time the reality series aired.
7. In the film, the kids sing along to Rick Ross while driving through the streets of California. In real life, while driving, they listened to “a techno-y song” called “Satellites.” After “doing a mission,” they would often also pump Lil Wayne’s “Got Money.”
8. One of the Bling Ringers did, in fact, steal a rug from Orlando Bloom’s house: “It’s a very odd thing, because these things hit you later,” Bloom said.
9. Nick Prugo and Rachel Lee sent e-mails to TMZ planting a story that Nick was a friend of Lindsay Lohan’s and had been "hanging out with her on the Burbank, California set of ABC Family film Labor Pains" in order to arouse suspicion that Lohan had been involved in the burglary of her own house. It worked. TMZ posted "LiLo May Have Connection to Burglary Suspect" on September 22, 2009.
10. Alexis Neiers didn’t just happen to be in jail at the same time as Lohan (as the movie details), but she also was fortunate enough to stay in the same cell that Paris Hilton occupied when she was there in 2007 for violating her probation.
( source )
Oooookay then. Thoughts, ONTD?
Selfie with my homie Tveit!
Charl Brown @thecharlbrown 5h
Great Day @yankeestadium BWay Bombers @ConstantineM @nickjonas @kevinjonas @aarontveitnet @BrandonVDixon @RoRoCov pic.twitter.com/YxZSwkWSnJ
Source 1234 5
Chris Brown's female accuser is full of it ... so says the owner of the nightclub where the singer allegedly assaulted the woman -- in fact, the owner tells TMZ, CB never even touched her.
The owner of Heat Ultra Lounge in Anaheim tells us, "Based on the information which we have gathered from our security company, mall security, and other party goers which were at HEAT on Saturday night; It is apparent that the alleged incident regarding Chris Brown is false."The owner says 24-year-old Deanna Gines had repeatedly tried to jump on stage during Chris' performance at the club -- and later tried to rush Chris in his roped-off VIP area.
The owner says Gines got tossed as a result of her behavior -- and while being taken out, the owner says Gines took off her heels and threw them at security. The owner says police were called to arrest Gines, but eventually let her go home with her friends. As for any potential injuries Gines may have suffered while being kicked out, the owner simply said, "Heat staff and security did what they had to do ... [Chris] was a complete gentleman."
(video won't embed, click picture to hear her fishy interview)
Chris Brown says he's been falsely accused of assaulting a woman in an Orange County nightclub over the weekend, and based on the chit chat we had with her on "TMZ Live" today ... he may have a point. 24-year-old Deanna Gines claims Brown pushed her to the ground as he was leaving the club, tearing the ligaments in her right leg in the process. She says she filed a police report.
So we asked if she planned to sue Brown for medical expenses and pain and suffering -- a reasonable assumption, right? Gines said all she really wants is an apology. Even more curious ... even though she said all she wants is an apology ... she's pressing on with her criminal allegations. And, she's already lawyered up.
It happened in the O.C. ... but it smells like Denmark.
This story keeps getting fishier and fishier. Even though this evidence has been presented I am sure all of ONTD will continue to vilify him!
Loveline is a radio show that has a variety of hosts on. Last Sunday (June 23, 2013), Tyler Posey and Holland Roden made an appearance. They walk in at around the 12:35 mark, but the actual interview begins around the 17:45 mark.
Video won't embed. Watch here.
Warning: the audio is NSFW in most parts.
Some highlights from the show were:
Teen Wolf live watch post?
Online television offers a truly dizzying array of choices. Viewers of services like Hulu and Netflix, as well as customers of iTunes and Amazon Digital Services, can stream, rent or purchase episodes of television shows from every era.
But not every show that ever aired is legally available online. Surprisingly, there are plenty of high-profile shows that are not available for online consumption – not even for purchase. (All shows listed are on DVD tho.) For a variety of reasons, there are some seriously popular (or once-popular) shows that you just can't find online.
Here's my list of the concluded shows that were popular in their day and are not currently available online in any streaming form. DVD collections do not count, and the show doesn't have to be free online: shows on HBO Go are regarded as online, even if you have to subscribe to HBO to get them. (I'm looking at you, Sopranos.) And because legal is the watchword here, I am not going to count the ways you can download copies of episodes with BitTorrent or watch them on YouTube.
Note that the availability of online shows is constantly shifting.The Cosby Show was once on Netflix, then off, and now is on Hulu Plus. Nor is this list complete: you may have your own favorites that you can't find online.
Thanks to the DC Comics/Warner Brothers money machine, you can view Batman animated series episodes practically anywhere on the Internet. But the original 1966-1968 classic show starring Adam West and Burt Ward is not showing online at any Bat-time or any Bat-channel. For comic-book aficionados, this is both bad (it's Batman!) and good (the Batusi? Really?). But at the end of the day, who wouldn't want to relive the harrowing cliff-hangers we saw as kids while also catching the barely disguised innuendo we can detect as adults?
3. The Golden Girls
In the days when comedy shows reigned supreme, this one showed viewers that old could mean funny. For seven seasons, from 1985-1992, this NBC show featuring four sharp women was acerbic enough keep even younger audiences interested. But older audiences flocked to this show, and might again if it was more widely distributed online.
4. The Honeymooners
"To the moon, Alice!" Or at least to the nearest IP address, please. But alas, the comedic genius of Jackie Gleason and an incredible cast of comedy veterans is not to be found online now. Popular from 1953-1956, and then even more when it was revived as a part of a variety show from 1966-1970 (with sporadic episodes throughout the '70s), this comedy about working-class couples remains timeless. (I don't remember much about this show, but wasn't the husband verbally abusive? I can see why no one would want to stream that.)
One of the longest-running shows on television, this medical procedural/comedy/war series ran for 11 seasons on CBS, bringing the Korean War into our homes every Monday night. You wouldn't think a show about a medical unit in a proxy war in Asia would be a hit so soon after the actual Vietnam War, but it was. The chemistry of the cast and the razor-sharp writing kept this show alive far longer than the conflict in which it was set. I'd like my kids to see this one.
8. The Six Million Dollar Man
You can rebuild him. You can make him better than he was before. Faster. Stronger. But if you want to actually watch Lee Majors as the world's first bionic man online? Forget it, the show's locked up tighter than the OSI. Okay, so the show doesn't rank up there with the greats, but it was pretty decent sci-fi that managed to bring super-heroics to the screen and show us a surprisingly realistic future of bionics. Even if they always did run in slow motion.
Rest at the source. (FIXED)
Found this and thought it was interesting. A few of these I've wanted to see streaming, but many of them you can't find the whole series online, and this list was being good by only mentioning legal streaming.
Cate Blanchett shopping in Milan May 19, 2013
Giorgio Armani and Cate Blanchett, the new face of Armani's latest women's fragrance, Sì.
Cate Blanchett picked up her sons Roman and Ignatius Upton from a private school in Sydney, Australia on Tuesday (June 11).
His Holiness the Dalai Lama presents Cate Blanchett with a gift during a public talk on June 16, 2013 at the Sydney Entertainment Centre in Sydney, Australia.
Summer issue of 032c.
By Jean Genet
In a new translation by Benedict Andrews and Andrew Upton
cast: Cate Blanchett, Isabelle Huppert, Elizabeth Debicki
Sydney Theatre Company's Maids is a radiant production BY:JOHN MCCALLUM From: The Australian
TO bring together two actors of such greatness is wonderful but to bring them together in such a play as this is brilliant. Genet's unsettling 1947 existentialist drama about two maids, Claire (Cate Blanchett) and Solange (Isabelle Huppert), who play out their fantasies of abjection and domination, is full of layers.
In their little acted-out "ceremony", Claire plays Madame and Solange plays Claire (at least this time) but the theatrical levels are always shifting, flickering back and forth between different realities that are, in the end, all performances, like the theatre and like our lives.
And there is the fact that we are watching Blanchett and Huppert in magnificent, tour-de-force performances. They are celebrities as well as great actors and this layer - just watching them strut their stuff - becomes part of the fabric of the production. Add Elizabeth Debicki (who played Jordan Baker in the recent film The Great Gatsby) as an almost offensively young, beautiful, stupid and cruel Madame and we see Genet's squalid drama of dreams and play-acting lifted into a different realm.
Add also Alice Babidge's set: coolly glass-walled with reflected lights and mirrored reflections of the action, and festooned with such an excess of flowers that it looks like a star's dressing room. There is an impossibly long rack of furs and dresses at the back: for Madame her clothes, for the maids their costumes.
Sean Bacon has designed and operates a live video feed, screened hugely above the stage, that peers into the actors' faces and movements from outside the walls, like paparazzi snaps but more luminous and revealing. The music by Oren Ambarchi is like the score of a movie, by turns heightening and lowering the mood in a frankly manipulative way.
It is impossible to know what is real here, not even the intimations of sex and murder that underpin the oppressive world of class struggle that Genet evokes, and his celebration of the defeat of the glamorous by the sordid, a defeat aesthetic rather than political.
But Benedict Andrews's fine direction guides us beautifully through it. The turning points are all clear and revelatory and then instantly undercut, within scenes, within lines, within words.
Blanchett's and Huppert's performances are master-classes in ringing all these changes. Huppert has a stunningly performed long speech in the penultimate scene in which she rehearses the triumph of the abject as a kind of timid victory dance.
Blanchett's near-hysterical performances as Claire/Madame are brilliant, comically aping Madame's style and mannerisms, and in their febrile intensity only serving to emphasise the underlying pain.
By the end of this production, of a play that can be alienating for those who yearn for simple human reassurance, the defeated maids' ironic victory becomes quite radiant.
Tickets: $50-$105. Bookings: (02) 9250 1777. Until July 20.
Cate Blanchett, Isabelle Huppert debut in 'The Maids' in Australia
It's a pairing that theater producers in New York and London would no doubt go ga-ga over. But for the time being at least, only audiences in Sydney, Australia, can catch Cate Blanchett and French film icon Isabelle Huppert performing a frightening folie à deux in a new production of Jean Genet's "The Maids."
Blanchett and Huppert play the homicidal houseservants Claire and Solange, respectively, in the Sydney Theatre Company's English-language production that is directed by Benedict Andrews. Rounding out the three-person cast is Elizabeth Debicki as their wealthy mistress. The 22-year-old Debicki recently appeared in the movie "The Great Gatsby" in the role of Jordan Baker.
"The Maids," first performed in 1947, was loosely inspired by France's notorious Papin affair, in which two maids -- who were sisters and rumored to be incestuous lesbian lovers -- killed their employer's wife and daughter in 1933.
The play follows Claire and Solange as they play-act the roles of mistress and servant in a sadistic game of domination and subjugation. Andrews' production places the story in a kind of timeless period and features video projections above the stage, according to reports.
Reviews of the new production, which opened Saturday, have so far been favorable. The Sydney Morning Herald praised Blanchett and Debicki, the latter of whom "carves up the stage in a performance encapsulating the callousness of the haves toward the have-nots." The live-video component to the staging "proves more decorative than illuminating."
The Australian noted the two lead actresses are "celebrities as well as great actors and this layer -- just watching them strut their stuff -- becomes part of the fabric of the production."
London's The Guardian singled out Blanchett for her "picking up every nuance." Overall, the production has "evidence of brilliance in every moment.... It's a rich theatrical experience, if not fully realised."
The Sydney Theatre Company has brought some of its productions to international audiences, including "Uncle Vanya" last year for the Lincoln Center Festival in New York. The company hasn't made an announcement whether "The Maids" -- which runs through July 20 in Sydney -- will travel abroad.
A bit of French theater trivia, for those who are interested: Huppert's daughter, actress Lolita Chammah, played one of the murderous servants in a 2011 production of "The Maids" in Paris.
The Sydney Theatre Company has posted a trailer of "The Maids," with scenes from the production.
By: Ben Neutze
Tim Winton's 'The Turning'
The trailer for Tim Winton's best-selling novel 'The Turning' has been released ahead of its World Premiere at the Melbourne International Film Festival. The much-anticipated film adaptation features some of Australia's top talent including Cate Blanchett, Rose Byrne and Hugo Weaving. The film is a collaborative effort that consists of 17 chapters, which each features a different director and stellar cast. "We came upon this idea of extending a personal invitation to seventeen great creative minds to interpret one chapter each and asking them if any of the stories particularly spoke to them, affected or resonated with them,” Producer Robert Connolly said. The film will release as a unique cinematic event across Australia later this year.
You may bow now peasants.
Angelina Jolie appeared before the United Nations Security Council on Monday, urging the body to ramp up the fight against rape in war.
The actress, who serves as a goodwill ambassador for the U.N. high commissioner for refugees, declared, ”Hundreds of thousands — if not millions — of women, children and men have been raped in conflicts in our lifetimes.”
Jolie noted that the Security Council had to take a stronger stand on the issue.
“You set the bar,” she said. “If the… council sets rape and sexual violence in conflict as a priority it will become one and progress will be made. If you do not, this horror will continue.”
Jolie urged the diplomatic leaders, “Meet your commitments, debate this issue in your parliaments, mobilize people in your countries, and build it into all your foreign policy efforts. Together, you can turn the tide of global opinion, shatter impunity and finally put an end to this abhorrence.”
Shortly after Jolie addressed the gathering, the Council adopted a resolution demanding the complete and immediate cessation of sexual violence in armed conflicts.
U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon honored Jolie’s participation in the cause, calling on officials to “be part of a global coalition of champions determined to break this evil.”
Lily Rose ‘Lily Allen’ Cooper Allen reckons her new album will be out in March 2014'
Lily Rose Allen Cooper or whatever she’s calling herself these days has said she’d quite like her album out next March.
Having a chat to the Sunday People (as quoted here), the ‘Alfie’ hitmaker said: ”I’m really enjoying writing it (the album) and hope it will be ready for March.”
Is it the same as the stuff you were doing before, Lily?
“It is very different to what I’ve done before.”
So there you have it.
ADELE ATTENDS COLUMBIA RECORDS EVENT IN NYC
Adele hasn’t been seen too, too much since she nabbed her Oscar for Best Original Song for ‘Skyfall,’ but the lovely and talented Brit was spotted at an industry event recently.
She hit NYC to attend a celebration for Columbia Records exec Rob Stringer. It was held at the Pierre Hotel on June 21 and she posed with Jay-Z and John Legend, in addition to the guest of honor.
Demi Lovato Chooses “Made In The USA” As Next Single
Demi Lovato is set to continue her chart-slaying run with a new hit (hopefully): Billboard reports that Lovato has selected the pop-rock anthem “Made In The USA” as her next single, which doesn’t come as much of a surprise — it was an early candidate for a follow-up to “Heart Attack,” all radio-friendly heartland-baiting sentiment. The song hits mainstream radio on June 27; Lovato will also appear on Good Morning America for their Summer Concert series that same day.
Reportedly, Lovato co-directed the clip — which a press release says includes “some special surprise actors.” Any guesses on who?
JESSIE J TO UNDERGO SURGERY ON HER ANKLE… AGAIN
Jessie J paid a visit to the doctor in the spring for some foot pain, and now, sources report that she’s set to undergo ankle surgery at the end of the year. No!
This isn’t the first time the ‘Price Tag’ songstress has dealt with this issue — she injured her left ankle back in June 2011 and underwent vast reconstructive surgery as a result. According to The Sun, it’s still causing her quite a bit of suffering, and doctors will reportedly remove the metal plate from her foot some time around the holidays.
“I’m getting some time off at Christmas and I’m having surgery to have the plate removed,” she said. “It is flicking against my bone and is causing a lot of pain.”
Back in April, Jessie J took to Twitter to explain the nature of her 2011 injury:
"Just to explain... I broke my foot 2 years ago in June. I had reconstructive ankle surgery. I had a… http://instagram.com/p/YSq6l-Q0Vk/"
Despite doctors’ warnings, she’s still known to strut around in stiletto heels onstage, and she hopes that her upcoming procedure won’t be too much of a setback.
“I’m hoping it will be sorted at Christmas then it will be done and dusted and I can have some down time,” she said.
Nicki Minaj, Wale & Juicy J Take Us Behind The Scenes Of “Clappers”
Nicki Minaj is nothing if not consistent. Last week the bottom-heavy femcee took us behind-the-scenes of “#Twerkit” and now she’s back with a sneak peek at Wale‘s similarly themed “Clappers” video. The head Barb looks more relaxed this time, happily holding court with Jerry Seinfeld‘s new BFF and a slightly inebriated Juicy J.
It could have something to do with the attention Wale lavishes on Nicki. He profusely thanks the femcee for being in the video, humbly admitting that she’s doing him a big favor. Meanwhile Juicy J hovers in the background, talking about weed. Other highlights of the six-minute clip include The Gifted MC singing Aqua‘s “Barbie Girl” to Minaj as she poses for a colorful photoshoot and Mr J expressing his love for women with cellulite.
Do you prefer “Clappers” to “#Twerkit”? Should Nicki stop featuring on songs about big booties? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
I'll be sad if it is delayed, but if that means a better album, I can learn patience. Or try, at least. Maybe? I think? WHY MARIAH, WHY!?!?!?111 WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?!!11111 I STAYED UP ALL NIGHT LONG TO SEE YOU PERFORM ON GMA AND NOW THIS!?!?!
*breathes* I'm OK. I'm OK!
Sometimes, the only way to beat the suffocating summer heat is to camp out in front of your AC unit and crank it to arctic. But for those days when you can't avoid the muggy outdoors, choose a hairstyle that doesn't stick to the back of your neck. Here's some celebrity inspiration.
LONG AND SILKY
FRAMED BY FRINGE
LIGHT AND AIRY
Nigella Lawson has refused to dismiss claims that she is planning to divorce her husband, Charles Saatchi, after he was photographed holding her by the neck.
The television cook, known as the “domestic goddess”, moved out of her marital home with her teenage children from her first marriage over a week ago.
She has since been seen in public without her wedding ring here, but has so far made no comment about the incident despite Mr Saatchi, 70, accepting a police caution for assault.
Miss Lawson, 53, is said to have told friends that she “wants out” and is on the verge of ending her nine-year marriage, according to a Sunday newspaper.
However, her spokesman declined to make any comment when invited to respond to the report.
So far the only official statement Miss Lawson has made came last Monday, when her publicist confirmed that she had “left the family home with her children”
Mr Saatchi was pictured with his hand around his wife’s throat as the couple sat outside Scott’s, a seafood restaurant in Mayfair popular with celebrities, on June 9.
The millionaire art collector initially described the incident as a “playful tiff”, claiming that he had held Miss Lawson’s neck repeatedly to “emphasise my point” while the couple discussed their children.
However, Mr Saatchi later voluntarily went to Charing Cross police station and accepted a caution for assault. He explained that he did this to avoid having the incident “hanging over all of us for months”.
Miss Lawson has moved out of the marital home in Chelsea, West London, and is temporarily staying in a rented apartment in an exclusive private members’ club in Mayfair.
On Sunday a suitcase with clothes spilling out of it was delivered to the five-storey block of flats where she is lying low.
Meanwhile, the paparazzo who took the original pictures that sparked the furore has dismissed Mr Saatchi’s claim that the incident was “a playful tiff” and Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg’s suggestion that it could have been a “fleeting thing”.
The photographer, using the pseudonym Jean-Paul, said the incident in fact lasted 27 minutes.
He told the Sunday People:“People have asked why I didn't intervene, why I didn't go over. The answer is simple - I would have been arrested. I'm paparazzi so everyone hates you to begin with.
“We are all lumped into the same category but I wasn't hounding her. The best thing I could do was carry on taking the pictures because now everyone can see that Charles Saatchi is an abuser.”
The Twilight beauty stopped by the Pride and Glory tattoo parlor in Nashville, Tenn., Friday, where she posed for pics with fans after getting a new tattoo.
A source exclusively tells E! News Kristen "came in with a group of five people, all on their way to the airport, and they stopped in to get a quick tattoo."
Although it's difficult to tell, it looks like the actress opted for a small design in red ink on her right wrist, but it's unclear if it's a symbol with any special meaning. The source could not provide any specifics on K.Stew's tat, although it appears to be her first.
Kristen was "supersweet, real shy. Didn't want anybody to know who she was," the insider adds.
The group—which included three gal-pals along with Stewart's good friend C.J. Romero—"had a great time," and the parlor "tried to respect her wishes and make sure she was comfortable."
Looks like it was a success!
Robert Pattinson's ex has been road-trippin' as of late after splitting with her beau in May.
Last week, she hit Hooters in Texas before heading to Memphis, Tenn., where she played pool and posed for pics with fans at the famous Coyote Ugly Saloon.
ugh bay/ty in this preview. but the sooner they fuck the sooner his boring ass can gtfo.
daphne/jace who even cares. and lol nikki/toby.
Attending a business meeting
Today, Forbes posted a cover and article of Madonna from her Blonde Ambition Tour era
As we close in on publishing this year’s Celebrity 100 list of the most powerful entertainers and athletes this Wednesday, June 26 at 8 AM ET, we’re taking a look back at a few memorable celebrity cover stories from our past, including this one, on Madonna, who we declared to be one of the shrewdest businesswomen we’d ever seen, much to her irritation.
(Read the article at the second source)
Mere hours before the fiery car crash that took his life, journalist Michael Hastings sent an email to friends and colleagues urging them to get legal counsel if they were approached by federal authorities.
“Hey [redacted] the Feds are interviewing my 'close friends and associates,'"read the message dated June 17th at 12:56 pm from Hastings to editors at the website BuzzFeed, where he worked.
"Perhaps if the authorities arrive 'BuzzFeed GQ', er HQ, may be wise to immediately request legal counsel before any conversations or interviews about our news-gathering practices or related journalism issues.”
Hastings added that he was onto a big story and that he would, “need to go off the radat [radar] for a bit,” according to KTLA in Los Angeles.
Fifteen hours later, in the early morning of June 18, Hastings was driving a Mecredes C250 at a high speed when he lost control in LA’s Hancock Park neighborhood, causing the car to fishtail and crash into a palm tree. The impact caused the car to burst into flames, trapping the 33-year-old inside.
Conspiracy theories surrounding Hastings' death began to circulate almost immediately.
On Twitter and several sites across the web, speculation was rampant that the death of Hastings - whose 2010 article for Rolling Stone led to the resignation of U.S. Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal, then head of the U.S. operation in Afghanistan -- was no accident.
Also Friday, WikiLeaks released two messages on Twitter that added fuel to the fire.
“Michael Hastings' death has a very serious non-public complication. We will have more details later,” said the first. Two hours later, WikiLeaks tweeted more specific information.
“Michael Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Jennifer Robinson just a few hours before he died, saying that the FBI was investigating him,” the second message read.
It was speculated by others that Hastings was working on a story about Drone Surveillance in the U.S.
LAPD officials said on Friday that no foul play was suspected in the fatal accident -- although that did little to quell theories about his death.
Investigators are trying to determine whether there was a mechanical problem with the car, according to the L.A .Times. The car burst into flames after hitting a tree in the one-car accident at 4:20 a.m. Law enforcement sources said the car was believed to have been traveling at a high rate of speed.
Interview with witness to the crash:
As I prepare to hit the BET Awards red carpet this weekend, I attempted find questions to ask rappers that are unique and newsworthy. I was starting to draw a blank but it looks like my job may have just gotten easier. Thanks to the investigative skills of Twitter, we now know what various hip hop artists think of one another. Although they smile in each other's faces now, the real tea is that they couldn't stand one another years ago. Check out their opinions as told by their Tweets circa 2010.
Am I the only person who finds this hilarious? From Wale & Meek d-riding Rick Ross' arch nemesis to ASAP Rocky talking trash about Wiz but now on tour with him. This is pure comedy at its finest. I've got to ask these rappers about this.
Plus, three more corpses pop up in Beacon Hills! (Why am I not surprised?)
If you’re a big fan of dudes getting tortured, I’m sure you loved all of the Derek (Tyler Hoechlin) scenes on the June 24 episode of Teen Wolf. The evil Alphas — headed by the blind, yet super-terrifying Deucalion (Gideon Emery) — interrupted Derek’s training session with Cora (Adelaide Kane) to drop some serious knowledge. For starters, we finally found out why Deucalion is so revered by his evil pack: He’s been absorbing other werewolves’ powers, and now…
HE’S THE DEMON WOLF!!!
I’m not entirely sure what means, but there was a lot of lightning when he said it, so he’s clearly not f***ing around anymore.
Messin’ With The Twins
Isaac (Daniel Sharman) finally figured out that the twins at school are the same twins that attacked him on the season premiere — what the hell took him so long?! — so he immediately started screwing with their heads.
The whole thing eventually led to the twins taking off their shirts — oh, hellz yeah — in the middle of the hallway, then combo-shifting into that giant were-creature we saw on the premiere. You might wonder how it’s possible that not a single person saw this happen, but then you remember this is Teen Wolf. Are we still holding onto reality?
Isaac & Allison?
This week’s episode also introduced the concept of Isaac and Allison (Crystal Reed) as a potential couple, and I’m really not sure how I’m supposed to feel. I’m glad they don’t hate each other anymore, and it was fun watching them get all flirty in detention, but like I’ve said in previous recaps, I’m a purist. Allison belongs with Scott (Tyler Posey) and that’s all there is to it.
Another One Bites The Dust
Actually, make that three! Besides the body the kids found during gym class, Lydia (Holland Roden) also used her still-unexplained power of corpse magnetism to find a second victim: the music teacher. And then there’s Mr. Harris, who was seen tied to a tree and begging for his life at the end of the episode.
“I did what you asked!” he screamed, but whoever he was talking to had negative f***s to give, and ended up killing him anyway. (Bye, Mr. Harris!)
What do we think, gang? If it’s not one of the new Alphas, who is killing off all these humans?
Odds & Ends
1. Bianca Lawson sounds so bad-ass when she speaks French. She should never stop speaking French.
2. I’ll give anyone $100 if they can explain that druid/oak nonsense the veterinarian was yammering about.
3. I know this week’s victim has a girlfriend, but am I crazy for thinking he was flirting with Scott in that opening scene? I think I’ve just been single for too long.
4. I love that Isaac and Scott are roommies now. It’s sure to make the love triangle even more awkward. Plus, Stiles (Dylan O’Brien) will probably also get jealous.
This episode was LOADS better then last weeks. Can't wait for Messiah Scott vs Demon Deucalion and absolutely here for the Mclahey scene at the end.
ETA: Teen Wolf 3x05 Promo Frayed (Thanks isuspectnargels :) )
June 24 (Reuters) - The Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup championship on Monday by beating the Boston Bruins in the National Hockey League's (NHL) best-of-seven championship final.
* Founded in 1926, the Blackhawks are one of the "Original Six" teams that made up the league before the first expansion in 1967. The others were the Boston Bruins, Detroit Red Wings, Montreal Canadiens, New York Rangers and Toronto Maple Leafs. * The Blackhawks currently play in the Central division of the Western Conference. * They have won 15 divisional titles and three conference championships (1992, 2010 and 2013). * Chicago have won the Stanley Cup five times (1934, 1938, 1961, 2010 and 2013).
* After winning the championship in 1961, the Blackhawks lost five Stanley Cup Finals (1962, 1965, 1971, 1973 and 1992) until their triumph in 2010.
* The Blackhawks (36-7-5) won the Central this season and were ranked first overall in the Western Conference. The also won the Presidents' Trophy for scoring the most points in the NHL. * After cruising by the Minnesota Wild 4-1 in the first round of the playoffs, Chicago faced elimination in the conference semi-finals before winning three straight over Detroit to prevail in overtime of the decisive seventh game. In the conference final, they beat the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings with a double overtime win in Game Five.
* The Blackhawks' head coach is 54-year-old Canadian Joel Quenneville, a former NHL defenseman who joined the team in 2008 after coaching St. Louis and Colorado. * The captain is Canadian center Jonathan Toews. He has been selected to the NHL All Star Game twice. He won the Conn Smythe Trophy as the most valuable player in the 2010 Stanley Cup playoffs when the Blackhawks won their last title. He has also won Olympic gold and world championship gold medals. (Compiled by Steve Keating; Editing by Frank Pingue)
SHAW JUST DROPPED LIKE 5 F-BOMBS AND KEITH AND HIS BABY HAVE ME SOBBING OMG!! WHAT A FUCKING GAME