Articles on this Page
- 05/05/17--12:19: _David Lynch will ne...
- 05/05/17--12:19: _Dunkirk - Main Trailer
- 05/05/17--12:20: _ONTD Original: 90s ...
- 05/06/17--07:08: _Untucked - Season 9...
- 05/06/17--07:34: _Sean Penn Gave Tom ...
- 05/06/17--07:35: _ONTD Original - "Z...
- 05/06/17--08:43: _Swedish boyband FO&...
- 05/06/17--08:43: _Miley Cyrus Reposnd...
- 05/06/17--10:15: _Manzo's are the lat...
- 05/06/17--10:16: _A new law in France...
- 05/06/17--10:21: _The Last Kingdom Se...
- 05/06/17--12:29: _Meghan Markle watch...
- 05/06/17--12:30: _Animal Kingdom Seas...
- 05/06/17--12:30: _Billy Ray Cyrus is ...
- 05/06/17--12:45: _Original: 5 Flop Po...
- 05/06/17--13:40: _Guardians Of The Ga...
- 05/06/17--13:40: _FCBD: Captain Ameri...
- 05/06/17--13:41: _Vikings s5 Instagra...
- 05/06/17--13:44: _ONTD Original; Proo...
- 05/06/17--14:06: _Ellen DeGeneres wil...
- 05/05/17--12:19: David Lynch will never make another movie
- 05/05/17--12:19: Dunkirk - Main Trailer
- A Christopher Nolan film, coming out on July 21, 2017!
- 05/05/17--12:20: ONTD Original: 90s Rock #1s You May Have Forgotten
- 05/06/17--07:08: Untucked - Season 9 episode 7
- 05/06/17--08:43: Swedish boyband FO&O return with Carly Rae-esque 'So So Good'
- 05/06/17--08:43: Miley Cyrus Reposnds To Critcism Of Her Billboard Interview
- 05/06/17--10:15: Manzo's are the latest Housewives Alums Who Can't Pay Their Taxes!
- NJ.com reported this morning that the popular New Jersey banquet facility The Brownstone, which was featured prominently on the Real Housewives of New Jersey, owes $381,179.00 in back property taxes from 2014-2015.
- The banquet facility is owned by Albert Manzo, husband of former Real Housewife of New Jersey Caroline Manzo.
- The banquet saw its property taxes double in one year from $70,000 to $143,000 after the city reassessed the venue's value.
- The investigation gets zanier as Albert Manzo is now the Deputy Mayor of Paterson, NJ after the mayor, Joey Torres, was indicted for corruption. Torres appointed Manzo the deputy mayor right before the charges came down.
- The investigation also revealed that the Manzo's owe the state of NJ $208,000 in back state taxes and also $37,000 in civil suit judgments.
- The Manzo's previously owed $110,000 in back taxes for 2004-2005 and took them seven years to pay it off.
- 05/06/17--10:21: The Last Kingdom Season 2 is now available on netflix
- 05/06/17--12:29: Meghan Markle watches boyfriend Prince Harry play polo in Ascot
- 05/06/17--12:30: Animal Kingdom Season 2 Promos & Premiere Date!
- 05/06/17--12:45: Original: 5 Flop Pop Albums That Deserved Way More Love
- 05/06/17--13:40: Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Cast plays some games
- 05/06/17--13:41: Vikings s5 Instagram post
- 05/06/17--13:44: ONTD Original; Proof Miley Cyrus is basically a college student
- 05/06/17--14:06: Ellen DeGeneres will not let Trump on her show.
David Lynch discussed changes in the film industry: "Things changed a lot. So many films were not doing well at the box office even though they might have been great films and the things that were doing well at the box office weren't the things that I would want to do."
Asked to clarify if that means he will never make another movie, Lynch responded "Yes it is."
His last film was 'Inland Empire' in 2006.
Warner Bros. Pictures YouTube
Let's take a trip down memory lane to 90s rock #1s, using songs from Billboard's Mainstream Rock Tracks (pre-1996 it was called Album Rock Tracks) chart.
The Wallflowers frontman, Jakob Dylan, has said that the song is about the "death of ideas."
Lenny Kravitz has had so many hits, it's hard to keep track. He was first nominated for a Grammy in 1994 with "Are You Gonna Go My Way". What's your favorite song of his?
"In the Meantime" became a one-hit wonder for the British-American rock band, Spacehog. Which is sad because this song is really good!
oh god i had such a crush on him... An underrated voice in rock, Travis was still a teenager when his band Days of the New recorded their first album and this hit song.
Quite possibly my favorite 90s rock band! Alice in Chains helped usher in the grunge genre, and with lead singer Layne Staley's iconic vocals, solidified their place in rock music history. Unfortunately, Layne struggled with depression and drug addiction and died at the age of 34. RIP Layne :(
This ear worm tune from Everlast was one of the last of the 90s rock hits; this particular song crossed genre music charts and radio stations. But after "What Its Like," at least mainstream-music wise, he was basically never heard from again.
SOURCES: YouTube: Wallflowers // Lenny Kravitz // Spacehog // Days of the New // Alice in Chains // Everlast. Music Stats: Wikipedia rock number ones // Wallflowers Wiki // Lenny Kravitz's Wiki // Layne Staley wiki. Rock icon made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com is licensed by CC 3.0 BY.
Favorite 90s rock band or song?
What year were you born ONTD?
Turns out Booger has an amazing story about Sean Penn and Tom Cruise. https://t.co/3xXEizvRVp— Heat Street (@heatstreet) May 5, 2017
Heat Street is trash but it was the only place that had an embeddable source so please forgive me.
• Curtis Armstrong, who acted in Revenge of the Nerds and Risky Business, has a memoir out July 11th. In it, he talks about his experiences, including witnessing tension between Risky Business co-stars Rebecca De Mornay and then relatively unknown Tom Cruise.
• Tom's longtime friend (since 1980) Sean Penn visited the set and during a dinner with Cruise complaining De Mornay was constantly telling him what to do on set, including how to read his lines. This displeased Sean Penn.
• Sean responded “Character stuff? She’s giving you notes? Tell her to fuck off.” and Tom, smiling and blushing, responded . “Yeah…I’d love to fuck her though." (Cruise and De Mornay would later have an intense two year relationship, which started while filming after she cheated on boyfriend Harry Dean Stanton with Cruise, Risky Business' director later said their audition/early filming tension seemed to be of the sexual kind).
• Penn told Tom to fuck her then, Tom responded while he would like to, he couldn't, and Penn shot back “Just tell her either she fucks you or she’s off the picture.” Neither Tom's response or if Penn was "joking" is noted.
• HOWEVER, Sean Penn has of course denied this incident ever happened. His publicist said: “Sean Penn vehemently denies ever saying such a thing.”
• Armstrong also tells about after Tom and Rebecca hooked up, running into their bedroom with another Risky Business co-star Shera and throwing ice on Tom and Rebecca's bed before the four partied it up at the hotel bar.
• Penn also set fire to a pile of napkins on a restaurant table. But whatever.
Sean Penn is trash, news @ 11.
Zoe Saldana is known for two things - starring in scifi blockbusters and her chronic verbal diarrhoea which she refuses to address and seek treatment for. In this post we countdown the most wtf, juiciest, most braindead comments of Zoe's career and ask ourselves..."Zoe Saldana said what?!"
10. On being Colourblind...." I think science fiction has given me the ability as an artist to be colourblind, and gender-blind, and to imagine and reinvent myself and be the chameleon actors are supposed to be." - Zoe speaking in an interview with Daily Telegraph, Australia - 2017
- I guess her colour-blindness is why she doesn't realise she is the only WOC in these films.
9. Zoe has been having issues with colours long before that 2017 interview. In 2013, she infamously said....
" To me there is no such thing as people of color cause in reality people aren’t white. Paper is white. People are pink, it’s a bit ridiculous when I have to explain to a human being, that is an adult like I am, that looks intelligent but for some reason I have to question his intelligence and explain to him as if he was a two-year-old, my composition in order for him to say, “Oh I guess I can chill with you, I can work with you.” - BET, 2013 via the frisky - video no longer online.
- Zoe, if you have to break down your race/ethnicity in order for someone to chill/work with you - they are not your friends!
8 . An organization of Colombian students and professionals had come out against her film " Colombian" for (amongst other things) its lack of creativity and cultural awareness. Wall Street Journal asked Zoe about it and here's what she said...
“shame on them...I wish I knew how to address stupid unintelligent comments but I don’t… it’s just a shame that there are so many people out there that think so ignorantly.” - WSJ - via colombiareport, 2011
For number seven, it's our first tie of the list
7. That time she declared that no one knew who Nina Simone was before her messy film caused her to trend.
"The fact that we're talking about her, that Nina Simone is trending? We [f—king] won," Saldana stated. "For so many years, nobody knew who the [f—k] she was. She is essential to our American history. As a woman first, and only then as everything else." - Allure, june 2016
Also at number 7 - I almost left this out because it just might be so deep that I don't understand it, but I'm adding it in case someone smarter can shed some light. Timecode: 02:10
7. “I cannot wait until the word ‘ethnic’ is erased from our everyday vocabulary,...“In America, everything that’s not ‘American’ is ethnic but outside of America everything that is American is ethnic. So in reality there’s no such thing as being darker or lighter, when in reality you’ve just been this way your whole life. Unless you’re comparing me to something, then I’m always going to be taller, smaller, skinnier, bigger or lighter or darker.” - Queen Latifah show - 2014
6. At six is the comment that inspired this post...
"Of course, there’s racism everywhere.... “I’m not saying that there isn’t. But I think that sexism is much stronger and it’s much more aggressive. And turn on the TV, just read the newspaper all the CEOS are primarily male.” - Sway in the Morning - 4th May 2017
time code: 19:47
- I wonder what race those male CEOs are? hmmm. It is not surprising she has this stance in light of her comments about race and ethnicity. In this same interview, she talks about how her and her sisters don't use about "white" or "black" to describe people. There's so much nonsense in this interview starting from 12:40.
5. On the rise of Trump
“We got cocky and became arrogant and we also became bullies...We were trying to single out a man for all these things he was doing wrong,” she continued, “and that created empathy in a big group of people in America that felt bad for him and that are believing in his promises.” - AFP Via Daily Beast, Jan 2017
- Yup, it was our "bullying" that created Trump's supporters. Not their rampant racism.
4 . Months later she learns that America is racist.
“There was a realization that I just had in this last election is that, that America is racist" - Sway in the Morning - 4th May 2017
- no shit, lady, no f**king shit! I'm cheating a bit by using two quotes from the same interview, but she is a gift that keeps on giving. time code: 19:30
3. Zoe was quizzed about taking on the role of Nina Simone and the reaction she was getting from the public.
“What keeps me focused is, and what kept me from, I guess, getting stressed or being hurt by the comments, is that I’m doing it for my sisters, I’m doing it for my brothers.... I know who I am and I know what Nina Simone means to me,” Saldana said. “I can only rely on that and maintain as much humility as possible, so that when I have to face the world and we have to then give the movie to the world to see, and share it with them, that if it comes back in … a negative fashion or positive, I’m gonna keep my chin up. … And Nina was like that too.I did it all out of love for my people and my pride of being a black woman and a Latina woman and an American woman, and that’s my truth,” Hip Hollywood 2013
- we can only assume she means her real life sisters.
And for number one it had to be a tie....
1. “We have a Black president right now. So why the f— would I sit down and talk about how hard it is for Black women in Hollywood when there’s a Black president in my country?" - ebony magazine 2011.
1. Zoe Saldana an Afro-latina woman, co-signs with a some lady saying she (Zoe) is a victim of reverse racism. Proving that Zoe doesn't understand race even at the most basic level.
- @Zoesaldana twitter, 2012
Q1 - got Celeb,
Q2 (ibtimes) and (youtube)
Q4 and Q6 (swayinthemorning, youtube)
Q7 (allure)(youtube, queen latifah)
Q8 - colombiareports
Q9 - (thefirsky)
Q10 - (dailytelegraph)
What do you think ONTD? Are there some quotes you feel deserve a mention, but were not included? let us know in the comments. Interesting how she usually comes for POC rarely ever white people/men?
Run Away With Me, ha impact!
Miley Cyrus has taken to Instagram to defend her quote about rap music. View quote in previous post here
She will never understand. We all predicted this. Got her man back and completely did a 180... AGAIN
ONTD, how much do you owe in back taxes?
France fights unrealistic beauty ideals with new weight requirements for models and labels for photoshopped images https://t.co/xcx9cjfsWD— ET Canada (@ETCanada) May 6, 2017
* The doctor’s assessment measures a model’s overall health.
* with special regard to their body mass index (BMI).
* the new law aims to challenge eating disorders and inaccessible ideals of beauty.
* the law requires digitally altered photos to be labelled as such.
* Photoshopped images of models will have to be labelled “photographie retouchee”.
* Italy, Spain and Israel have also already passed a law regarding underweight models.
the engagement is coming
Episode 2.01 Synopsis
After a risky heist misfires, the boys blame Smurf, sending shock waves through the family. Baz copes with being a single parent, while Deran makes plans for the future.
TNT's Animal Kingdom Returns Tuesday, May 30, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT)
Sources 1, 2, 3
For the 25th anniversary of its release, Billy Ray Cyrus is releasing an EDM remix of 'Achy Breaky Heart'. The song apparently features Bootsy Collins.
He's also planning on dropping the Billy Ray part of his name and going to the hospital where he was born (hospitals are not where people go to get name changes) to legally change it to Cyrus.
Billy Ray Cyrus is changing his name (sort of) https://t.co/2kpkca6oVh— Vulture (@vulture) April 30, 2017
Cyrus has experimented with putting out other remixes of his hit before:
In a follow up to my previous post, 5 Flop Albums From Big Name Acts, I now present 5 Flop albums that should not have flopped:
1. Mariah Carey - Glitter (2001)
-Glitter is the ill-fated and often mocked soundtrack to Carey's 2001 film of the same name (the soundtrack was released September 11, 2001).
-Glitter was a disco-influenced album (something everyone now wants from Gaga).
-While it is not Mariah's worst performing album, it was considered such a critical and commercial failure at the time that it led to her being dropped from Virgin Records.
-The infamous TRL incident, the appearance of strange messages on her website, and subsequent hospitalization also preceded the release of Glitter.
-"Loverboy", the album's first single, was to feature a sample by the Yellow Magic Orchestra, which J.Lo eventually ended up using on her track "I'm Real". Despite the fact that Carey had licensed usage for the sample first, J.Lo's album was released earlier, forcing Mariah to change "Loverboy" last minute.
Why it deserved better:
-The album is far from flawless and certainly has some tracks that need to be skipped ("If We" is a mess of a track and the vocals on "Want You" are not her best). However, the ballads are beautiful and the throwback disco sound works well in tracks like "All My Life", "I Didn't Mean To Turn You On", and "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life".
2. Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion (2015)
-One of ONTD's fave flop albums (buy Emotions on iTunes!), Carly Rae's follow up to her breakout smash hit "Call Me Maybe" was a critical success but a commercial flop (outside of Japan, where it went Gold).
-In it's first week it sold a little over 16 000 copies in the states and just 2 600 in Canada (because Canadians are apathetic af).
Why it deserved better:
Because it's a great pop record with very little filler (I only ever skip "LA Hallucinations").
Kelly Rowland - Talk A Good Game (2013)
-While the album made it into the top 10, it has gone on to sell about 215 000 copies worldwide (Rowland's lowest performing solo album) and nobody talks about it anymore.
Why it deserved better:
-If you listen to the album today, it holds up well. It's cohesive, melodic, and honest. Rowland addresses personal issues like domestic violence and her jealousy towards Beyonce on the emotionally raw track "Dirty Laundry". The entire album is filled with pop bops and smooth R&B jams. Do yourself a favour and revisit it.
4. Christina Aguilera - Bionic (2010)
-Christina released 2 back to back flops - 2010's Bionic and 2012's Lotus - and while Lotus sounds dated today, Bionic not only holds up well, but it might have been ahead of its time.
-Bionic had critics divided (making both worst-of and best-of year end lists) and commercially it failed to live up to expectations.
Why it deserved better:
-Aguilera embraces female empowerment and celebrates sexual desire throughout the album (like on tracks "Prima Donna", "Sex For Breakfast", and "Woohoo").
-Her vocals are great (with very little of the over-singing she's famously mocked for).
-The album is cohesive yet diverse sonically and is still listenable 7 years after it's release.
-"Birds of Prey" is a smooth and haunting track that is undeservedly overlooked (and features a great subtle vocal performance from Aguilera).
Britney Spears - Glory (2016)
-The album did well critically and is not her worst performing album, however it failed to really make an impact with none of the singles breaking into the top 10 ("Slumber Party" debuted at number 86).
Why it deserved better:
-Glory is fun, catchy, fits in with the music trends of 2016, and features much better vocals and production than her previous album, Britney Jean. It's a major step in the right direction for Spears.
Picture Source: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Text & Video Source: 1 2 3 | 4 5 6 7 | 8 9 10 |
11 12 13 | 14
''Chris Pratt, Kurt Russell, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista and Michael Rooker may work together every day on set of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, but we wanted to see how well they really knew each other. So we put their friendship to the test in a new game show called 'Guess the Guardian.'''
''Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Kurt Russell and the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 take on the ultimate test to see how well they really know their fellow Guardians at the Marvel sequel's UK premiere!''
''Would you snog Star-Lord? Marry Rocket? Avoid The Incredible Hulk? Watch Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Michael Rooker, and Pom Klementieff, stars of new Marvel sequel Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, play a hilarious game of Snog, Marry, Avoid: Marvel edition! ''
Nick Spencer talked about today's Free Comic Book Day issue of Secret Empire.
The last page shows Captain America, the leader of HYDRA, standing over the bodies of Marvel's fallen heroes and lifting Thor's hammer Mjolnir.
"It's a big, scary moment for the Marvel Universe. We wanted an iconic image that would signify to the audience and to everybody in the Marvel Universe that the fight was sort of over before it began."
On why Cap would be able to lift the hammer after his villainous turn to HYDRA, Spencer says "It certainly is a plot point we're going to keep coming back to and revisiting and talking about. We're going to talk a little about what the meaning of 'worthiness' is." Spencer also said that he's working closely with Thor writer Jason Aaron on how Thor and Asgard will connect to the book.
After breaking up with her Nicholas Sparks movie co-star and leaving her safe Disney funded bubble, Miley Cyrus threw herself into 'real life', becoming the twerking, appropriating icon she'd apparently always wanted to be.
Since then Woke Kween Miley has gone through several reincarnations, which while seemingly 'random', have closely paralleled the well worn trajectories of her white, trust fund endowed co-ed cohorts, ensconced in various private colleges across America. Miley's past few years have been full of the same blatant contradictions, changes in political outlook and embarrassing cultural faux pas, but unfortunately hers have all happened in the glare of the public eye.
Freshman year ('I can drink!''Vacay! OMG I'm almost as dark as you!''I slept with a black guy!''Odd Future are my everything!''Thug Life!''I'm a down ass bitch!''I'm ratchet af!''I was so basic in high school!')
Yearbook quotes;'"My last record [2009's EDM-inflected Can't Be Tamed] I feel so disconnected from-I was 16 or 17 when I made it. When you're in your 20s, you just don't really know that person anymore." [source]
“That’s not what I’m trying to do. I love ‘hood’ music, but my talent is as a singer” [Source]
“My shtick is I'm the homey.” [Source]
"Are there any good German trannies? Any good German tranny bars?" before having to clarifying herself: "Tranny bars, like guys as girls."[Source]
Sophomore year ('Gay guys are like, my spirit animals', 'I slept with a girl! 'I love weed', 'I love ketamine', 'I love MDMA', 'Do you have any weed?''What's your dealer's number?''I'm so fucked up''People think I'm so weird')
Yearbook quotes; “I really don’t like coke. It’s so gross and so dark It’s like what are you, from the 90s?” [Source]
“One time I smoked a joint with peyote in it, and I saw a wolf howling at the moon.” [Source]
"I know what I'm doing. I know I'm shocking you. When I'm dressed in that teddy bear thing, I think that's funny. I was saying yesterday, I had this obsession about this character that's like an adult baby. Like if you see a baby do something like that it's so warped and weird, but there's something creepily hot about it. So when I'm in that teddy bear suit, I'm like a creepy, sexy baby. But I forget that it's, like, people in Kansas watching the show. That people sit their kid in front of the TV and are like, "Oh, an awards show! Let's watch."[Source]
Junior year; ('I just want you to know...some people have war in their countries', 'We're gonna get some ayahuasca and go up to Joshua Tree over Spring Break', 'My privilege pigeonholes me, because people think I can't empathise or contribute and its really hard for me sometimes. Because if people like me don't do it who else is going to?''Dreadlocks aren't a part of anyone's culture')
"I’m very open about it – I’m pansexual. But I’m not in a relationship. I’m 22, I’m going on dates, but I change my style every two weeks, let alone who I’m with."[Source]
Senior Year ('I think I was just rebelling for the sake of it', 'My parents hired a social media cleaning service as my graduation present', 'No I don't remember dating them''Its time we all grew up, you know?''Urban music is so aggressive''I LOVE Chance the rapper!''My fiancee and I are basically our parents''I'm so basic now')
Yearbook quotes; “This is crazy,” she says with her signature raspy-voiced charm, “but I haven’t smoked weed in three weeks!” [Source]
“In Malibu, when she’s not making music or doing two hours of Ashtanga yoga daily, Cyrus says she likes nothing better than walking her dogs or grocery shopping, where she’s generally unbothered. “I love talking to people, and I approach them in a normal, ‘Don’t treat me different, ’cause I’m not’ way. That’s what started this evolution for me, getting out of my Dead Petz phase,” she says, referring to her 2015 album, the tour for which featured her in a unicorn outfit with a strap-on phallus.“ [Source]
“The fact that country music fans are scared of me, that hurts me. All the nipple pastie shit, that’s what I did because I felt it was part of my political movement, and that got me to where I am now. I’m evolving, and I surround myself with smart people that are evolved.“ [Source]
“Dude, I was shocked that people gave a fuck about the [MTV Video Music Awards in 2013, when she performed with Robin Thicke] -- the twerking, the teddy bear. It’s a totally different time, and I don’t think that would freak people out anymore."[Source]
Congratulations on graduating Miley! We're all so proud of you!
LAUER: Would you like Trump to come on the show?— Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1) May 5, 2017
ELLEN DEGENERES: "No...He's against everything that I stand for." pic.twitter.com/2vxTa13gw3
Matt Lauer asks Ellen if she'd let Trump on her show, she says No.
Thank you, Ellen, for your principled stand. https://t.co/zNwHZtTlSO— George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) May 6, 2017
Sources: 1, 2, 3