Articles on this Page
- 01/29/17--08:50: _Trump TV is ushered...
- 01/29/17--09:22: _CBB Day 25: The hou...
- 01/29/17--09:28: _Weekend Box Office:...
- 01/29/17--10:39: _Rihanna and Azealia...
- 01/29/17--10:58: _Lavender Official T...
- 01/29/17--11:01: _Taraji P. Henson Ha...
- 01/29/17--11:20: _Asghar Farhadi Says...
- 01/29/17--11:51: _Justin Bieber, Tayl...
- 01/29/17--12:00: _Lady Gaga on Super ...
- 01/29/17--13:37: _Sundance Roundup: E...
- 01/29/17--13:38: _The 2017 ONTD Telev...
- 01/29/17--14:16: _Celebrities at the ...
- 01/29/17--14:41: _28 Books With Shock...
- 01/29/17--14:45: _Fifth Harmony Cance...
- 01/29/17--14:54: _The 23rd Annual SAG...
- 01/29/17--15:46: _Carly Rae SLAYS 'O ...
- 01/29/17--15:51: _Miss Universe 2016 ...
- 01/29/17--16:09: _Gigi & Bella Hadid ...
- 01/29/17--16:34: _The 23rd Annual SAG...
- 01/29/17--17:15: _CBB Day 26: Housema...
- 01/29/17--09:22: CBB Day 25: The house targets Jedward + Nominations!
- 01/29/17--09:28: Weekend Box Office: Split continues box office domination
- 01/29/17--10:39: Rihanna and Azealia Banks Get into a Instagram Feud over Muslim Ban
- 01/29/17--10:58: Lavender Official Trailer 1 (2017)
- 01/29/17--11:01: Taraji P. Henson Has Deleted Her Uber Account
- Taraji P. Henson has publicly announced she's deleting her Uber account because the company suspended surge pricing on JFK in an alleged attempt to profit from the Taxi Strike after cab drivers suspended work on saturday to stand in solidarity with protesters against Drump's Muslim Ban.
- This news come after Uber's CEO has allegedly showed his support to the Orange Dildo.
- 01/29/17--11:20: Asghar Farhadi Says He Has Decided Not to Attend the Oscars
- Farhardi (pictured in the tweet holding the Oscar his film A Separation won for Iran) has directed The Salesman, which is nominated for Best Foreign Language Film.
- There was a question over whether Farhadi, an Iranian, would even be allowed in the U.S.
- He has now released a statement saying that while he had initially planned to attend he has changed his mind and even if an exception is made to allow him in the country he will not be attending because of how uncertain the situation currently is.
- Actress Taraneh Alidoosti who stars in the film had previously said she would refuse to attend the Oscar ceremony even before the ban was enacted.
- 01/29/17--12:00: Lady Gaga on Super Bowl: Expect a performance that spans my career
- Talks about how having gone through an eating disorder in her teenage years made the movie (To the Bone) to be really important to her.
- This is the first time she has ever publicly talked about it.
- Wants non-McDonald Donald to know that the Women's March wasn't a Hollywood thing, but America showing peacefully that they were America since he keeps talking about he will be the president to real America or something like that.
- The march also showed the majority of America did vote and they did not voted for Tramp.
- To have a career in directing on TV as a woman you have to be willing to work for free and Shiri Appleby isn't sure if men have to push as hard to get a career going.
- Thinks the conversation is starting to open doors, but how do they make sure that these doors stay wide open?
- Jenny Slate was severely bullied when she was young so she can't imagine how hard it is nowadayd for kids with social media and a big bully as their president.
- On a paparazzi asking him and his wife if they "evolved from monkeys" at the JFK airport: “Black folks have had to deal with being called monkeys for a long time and dehumanization has always been kind of a method of racism and subjugation of black people and that’s just part of American history — and it’s part of the present, apparently. We saw with the former president, Obama, whenever people wanted to discount him or discount his wife, they compared them to apes. And we’ve seen that frequently. I’m not hurt by someone saying that to me because I’m smarter, I’m stronger. I look down on that person that would say something like that. But it’s a shame that it still exists."
- The kissing scene was the first they rehearsed and it was "organic and special and great as every other shot" when they filmed it according to Armie Hammer.
- Says americans need to start thinking globally if they want to survive because the world isn't a monopoly game where the billionaire wins.
- Says that Tramp reminds him of Charlie Sheen when we was on crack because if he keeps talking about winning obsessively.
- Buyers are calling this year one of the weakest in recent years, claiming the movies were mostly uncommercial.
- Winners: "The Big Sick" (starring Najiani Kumail and Zoe Kazan) & "Call Me By Your Name" (starring Armie Hammer and Timothée Chamalet)
- 01/29/17--13:38: The 2017 ONTD Television Small Screen Awards: RESULTS POST
- 01/29/17--14:16: Celebrities at the Producer's Guild Awards + winners
- 01/29/17--14:41: 28 Books With Shocking Plot Twists That Still Keep Us Up at Night
- 01/29/17--14:45: Fifth Harmony Cancels NHL All Star Performance Last Minute
- 01/29/17--14:54: The 23rd Annual SAG Awards - Arrivals
- 01/29/17--15:51: Miss Universe 2016 Viewing Post
- 01/29/17--16:09: Gigi & Bella Hadid Join the #NoBanNoWall Protest in NYC
- 01/29/17--16:34: The 23rd Annual SAG Awards - Arrivals Part 2
- 01/29/17--17:15: CBB Day 26: Housemates are put on trial!
*36 pilots have already been ordered for 2017 season, with comedies and dramas about even and 4 shows given straight to series orders. The orders show some trends emerging.
*Appeal to Trump America: networks are ordering shows they feel will capture viewers who think we aren't being led to the end of days by a deranged Cheeto. Examples include military dramas and comedies themed around red states or political outsiders winning office.
*Appeal to people who wish they could get the hell off the planet before it explodes. Space shows are the new time travel shows, with sci-fi offerings from Fox, NBC, and CBS.
*And more of the same, family comedies, procedurals, and probably eventually 10 new shows about various departments in the city of Chicago.
*Some of the high profile reboots and spinoffs are missing from the order slate so far, so Grandma might have to wait to see that Big Bang Theory spinoff.
What new TV series are you excited to see ONTD?
-The housemates are givin letters from home but with a catch
-Only half the house are able to get letters, half the housemates get to decide who gets a letter while the other half decides who gets theirs ripped up
-Jedward is done playing nice after being targeted by nearly everyone in the house
-Jedward cause Calum to lose his cool
-Kim is reminded that she has not spent as much time in the house as everyone else during Noms
-Half of Jedward tells the house like it is while the other stays silent
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
Rihanna claps back at Azealia Banks 😂 pic.twitter.com/SMqb9uqQrb— Music News & Facts (@Musicnews_feed) January 29, 2017
Azealia ran her mouth as usual after Rihanna spoke out about the Muslim Ban. Rihanna posted the photo below, telling her to stay away from the chickens.
and Azealia continues:
And Azealia has already replied. pic.twitter.com/eTq8mpakgk— Music News & Facts (@Musicnews_feed) January 29, 2017
src: 1 2 3
She is so gross
''After losing her memory, a woman begins to see unexplained things after her psychiatrist suggests she visit her childhood home.''
Are you deleting your Uber account, ONTD? TYFYA!
Over the course of the past few days and despite the unjust circumstances which have risen for the immigrants and travelers of several countries to the United States, my decision had remained the same: to attend this ceremony and to express my opinions about these circumstances in the press surrounding the event. I neither had the intention to not attend nor did I want to boycott the event as a show of objection, for I know that many in the American film industry and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences are opposed to the fanaticism and extremism which are today taking place more than ever. Just as I had stated to my distributor in the United States on the day the nominees were announced, that I would be attending this ceremony along with my cinematographer, I continued to believe that I would be present at this great cultural event.
However, it now seems that the possibility of this presence is being accompanied by ifs and buts which are in no way acceptable to me even if exceptions were to be made for my trip. I would therefore like to convey via this statement what I would have expressed to the press were I to travel to the United States. Hard-liners, despite their nationalities, political arguments and wars, regard and understand the world in very much the same way. In order to understand the world, they have no choice but to regard it via an “us and them” mentality, which they use to create a fearful image of “them” and inflict fear in the people of their own countries.
This is not just limited to the United States; in my country hardliners are the same. For years on both sides of the ocean, groups of hardliners have tried to present to their people unrealistic and fearful images of various nations and cultures in order to turn their differences into disagreements, their disagreements into enmities and their enmities into fears. Instilling fear in the people is an important tool used to justify extremist and fanatic behavior by narrow-minded individuals.
However, I believe that the similarities among the human beings on this earth and its various lands, and among its cultures and its faiths, far outweigh their differences. I believe that the root cause of many of the hostilities among nations in the world today must be searched for in their reciprocal humiliation carried out in its past and no doubt the current humiliation of other nations are the seeds of tomorrow’s hostilities. To humiliate one nation with the pretext of guarding the security of another is not a new phenomenon in history and has always laid the groundwork for the creation of future divide and enmity. I hereby express my condemnation of the unjust conditions forced upon some of my compatriots and the citizens of the other six countries trying to legally enter the United States of America and hope that the current situation will not give rise to further divide between nations.
— Asghar Farhadi, Iran
LA played host to the 2017 NHL All-Star game, which included a celebrity shootout on Saturday.
Taylor Kitsch, Cuba Gooding, Jr., Tim Robbins, James Badge Dale and other celebrities joined the likes of the NHL 100's Nicklas Lidstrom, Teemu Selanne, Patrick Kane and Eric Lindros.
Fans need not worry, Lady Gaga has dispelled the fear of a "Joannefest" halftime performance. She says next week's Super Bowl Halftime show will span her entire career so far. She'll play enough of the early hits to remind audiences why she was once (not long ago) the brightest star in the pop galaxy.
Gaga called into Houston's Mix 62.5 station for a brief chat about the February 5th show,
"We were [rehearsing] in the tent for about a week and a half, then we had to move to bigger studios in Hollywood where we are working on the rest of the show. And then we will send that equipment to Houston where we will finish rehearsals... Fans can expect a performance that spans my career so far... I appreciate everyone that has supported me over the years and that still supports my music and my shows. I can't wait to do a great show for the world!"
Gaga shared a heartfelt message about the long-time dancers and collaborators who have come together to take the stage at this year's Super Bowl Halftime Show.
"What's insane about being here in this moment is I can't stop seeing the faces of all those kids that we danced for all those years. And so many of them were so broken and so afraid and so sad, they would come to our show to feel free and now they get the biggest stage in the world. So, that's like why we're here. It's not just to put on the best show but it's to celebrate, you know, for all the kids that feel different. So, I'm really proud of all of you and I just want everybody in this room to stay focused and really humble and care for each other because anybody else could be there but it's you."
In an earlier post, she confirmed that she will not be bringing out any special guests during her Halftime performance, saying: "It's gonna be only family on that stage."This will make Gaga the first female performer in the Super Bowl history (eighth overall) to perform without guests.
Source | 1 | 2 | 3
Time for the results! 👀
MOST OVERRATED SHOW
GAME OF THRONES
MOST UNDERRATED SHOW
THE BIG BANG THEORY
ALEXIS BLEDEL (Gilmore Girls)
DONALD TRUMP (All the Presidential Debates)
THE BIG BANG THEORY
THE MIRROR REVEALING ALYSSA HEARD PHI PHI TALKING SHIT ABOUT HER (RuPaul)
WHAT ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK DID TO POUSSEY
BEST CANCELLED SHOW
BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
BEST FEMALE EYE-CANDY
GUGU-MBATHA RAW (Black Mirror)
BEST MALE EYE-CANDY
RIZ AHMED (The Night Of)
STEVEN MOFFAT (Doctor Who/Sherlock)
ELEVEN (Stranger Things)
BEST ON-SCREEN COUPLE
JAKE/AMY (BROOKLYN NINE-NINE)
BEST GUEST STAR
GUGU MBATHA-RAW (BLACK MIRROR)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
MILLIE BOBBY BROWN (Stranger Things)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
ANDRE BRAUGHER (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)
VIOLA DAVIS (HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER)
RAMI MALEK (Mr. Robot)
BEST NEW SHOW
BEST ONLINE SHOW
BEST MINI-SERIES OR MADE FOR TV MOVIE
THE PEOPLE VS. OJ SIMPSON
BEST VARIETY SHOW
LAST WEEK TONIGHT WITH JOHN OLIVER
BEST ANIMATED/ANIME SHOW
BEST HORROR/SCI-FI SHOW
Be happy or mad but remember we're all winners 🌟
(img source: all from my hard drive)
Here is the post from last year: 2016
Post any Stranger Things praise/salt in the comments below!
The Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures:
• La La Land (WINNER)
Producers: Fred Berger, Jordan Horowitz, Marc Platt
The Award for Outstanding Producer of Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures:
• Zootopia (WINNER)
Producer: Clark Spencer
The Award for Outstanding Producer of Documentary Theatrical Motion Pictures:
• O.J.: Made in America (WINNER)
Producers: Ezra Edelman, Caroline Waterlow
The David L. Wolper Award for Outstanding Producer of Long-Form Television:
• The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story (Season 1) (WINNER)
Producers: Scott Alexander, Larry Karaszewski, Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, Nina Jacobson, Brad Simpson, D.V. DeVincentis, Anthony Hemingway, Alexis Martin Woodall, John Travolta, Chip Vucelich
The Award for Outstanding Sports Program:
• VICE World of Sports (Season 1) (WINNER — TIE)
• Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel (Season 22) (WINNER — TIE)
The Award for Outstanding Digital Series:
• Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee (Season 7, Season 8) (WINNER)
The Norman Felton Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Drama:
• Stranger Things (Season 1) (WINNER)
Producers: Matt Duffer, Ross Duffer, Shawn Levy, Dan Cohen, Iain Paterson
The Danny Thomas Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Comedy:
• Atlanta (Season 1) (WINNER)
Producers: Donald Glover, Dianne McGunigle, Paul Simms, Hiro Murai, Alex Orr
The Award for Outstanding Producer of Non-Fiction Television:
• Making a Murderer (Season 1) (WINNER)
Producers: Laura Ricciardi, Moira Demos
The Award for Outstanding Producer of Competition Television:
• The Voice (Season 9-11) (WINNER)
Producers: Audrey Morrissey, Jay Bienstock, Mark Burnett, John de Mol, Chad Hines, Lee Metzger, Kyra Thompson, Mike Yurchuk, Amanda Zucker, Carson Daly
The Award for Outstanding Producer of Live Entertainment & Talk Television:
• Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (Season 3) (WINNER)
Producers: Tim Carvell, John Oliver, Liz Stanton
The Award for Outstanding Children’s Program:
• Sesame Street (Season 46) (WINNER)
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
About: Amir is the son of a wealthy Kabul merchant, a member of the ruling caste of Pashtuns. Hassan, his servant and constant companion, is a Hazara, a despised and impoverished caste. Their uncommon bond is torn by Amir's choice to abandon his friend amidst the increasing ethnic, religious, and political tensions of the dying years of the Afghan monarchy, wrenching them far apart. But so strong is the bond between the two boys that Amir journeys back to a distant world, to try to right past wrongs against the only true friend he ever had.
The unforgettable, heartbreaking story of the unlikely friendship between a wealthy boy and the son of his father’s servant, The Kite Runner is a beautifully crafted novel set in a country that is in the process of being destroyed. It is about the power of reading, the price of betrayal, and the possibility of redemption; and an exploration of the power of fathers over sons—their love, their sacrifices, their lies.
A sweeping story of family, love, and friendship told against the devastating backdrop of the history of Afghanistan over the last thirty years, The Kite Runner is an unusual and powerful novel that has become a beloved, one-of-a-kind classic.
Looking For Alaska by John Green
About: Before. Miles “Pudge” Halter is done with his safe life at home. His whole life has been one big non-event, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave “the Great Perhaps” even more (Francois Rabelais, poet). He heads off to the sometimes crazy and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young. She is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart. Then. . . .
After. Nothing is ever the same.
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
About: Voodoo. Decadent socialites packing Lugars. Cotillions. With towns like Savannah, Georgia, who needs Fellini? Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil takes two narrative strands--each worthy of its own book--and weaves them together to make a single fascinating tale. The first is author John Berendt's loving depiction of the characters and rascals that prowled Savannah in the eight years it was his home-away-from-home. "Eccentrics thrive in Savannah," he writes, and proves the point by introducing Luther Diggers, a thwarted inventor who just might be plotting to poison the town's water supply; Joe Odom, a jovial jackleg lawyer and squatter nonpareil; and, most memorably, the Lady Chablis, whom you really should meet for yourself. Then, on May 2, 1981, the book's second story line commences, when Jim Williams, a wealthy antique dealer and Savannah's host with the most, kills his "friend" Danny Hansford. (If those quotes make you suspect something, you should.) Was it self-defense, as Williams claimed--or murder? The book sketches four separate trials, during which the dark side of this genteel party town is well and truly plumbed.
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
About: The year is 1954. U.S. Marshal Teddy Daniels and his new -partner, Chuck Aule, have come to Shutter Island, home of Ashecliffe Hospital for the Criminally Insane, to investigate the disappearance of a patient. Multiple-murderess Rachel Solando is loose somewhere on this barren island, despite having been kept in a locked cell under constant surveillance. As a killer hurricane bears relentlessly down on them, a strange case takes on even darker, more sinister shades--with hints of radical experimentation, horrifying surgeries, and lethal countermoves made in the cause of a covert shadow war. No one is going to escape Shutter Island unscathed, because nothing at Ashecliffe Hospital is remotely what it seems
Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
About: Sue Trinder is an orphan, left as an infant in the care of Mrs. Sucksby, a "baby farmer," who raised her with unusual tenderness, as if Sue were her own. Mrs. Sucksby’s household, with its fussy babies calmed with doses of gin, also hosts a transient family of petty thieves—fingersmiths—for whom this house in the heart of a mean London slum is home.
One day, the most beloved thief of all arrives—Gentleman, an elegant con man, who carries with him an enticing proposition for Sue: If she wins a position as the maid to Maud Lilly, a naïve gentlewoman, and aids Gentleman in her seduction, then they will all share in Maud’s vast inheritance. Once the inheritance is secured, Maud will be disposed of—passed off as mad, and made to live out the rest of her days in a lunatic asylum.
With dreams of paying back the kindness of her adopted family, Sue agrees to the plan. Once in, however, Sue begins to pity her helpless mark and care for Maud Lilly in unexpected ways...But no one and nothing is as it seems in this Dickensian novel of thrills and reversals.
The girls tweeted in excitement about the NHL All Star game just2 hours before they were supposed to perform the national anthem there.
Shortly after they pulled out of performing due to a member falling "ill" apparently.
No further updates were given.
Some fans are speculating that lauren didnt want to perform the anthem due to the situation going on right now, others are deeming them unprofessional.
Do you think they're unprofessional?
Millie Bobby Brown
Source 1, 2 and 3
This will be updated as people arrive. The show begins at 8 PM ET on TNT. We'll move on to a part two if this hits the HTML limit.
The show starts at 7PM EST on FOX.
If you're interested in this year's national costumes, that post is here.
Mods: We have one of these every year, but I understand if it's rejected.
mods you can ignore my first post!
fun fact: their dad is a palestinian muslim and their mom is a dutch christian. they were immersed in both religions growing up
Tracee Ellis Ross
Source 1, 2 and 3
This will be updated as people arrive. Part one can be found here
-Housemates are put on trial and face their harsh realities
-BB brings in true CBB All Stars, Luisa/Saira Khan/Austin/old creepy looking guy to give it to the Housemates properly
-Nicola can't deal with the criticism and attempts to leave the BB house
-Calum is exposed as being two faced