Articles on this Page
- 12/07/16--20:01: _The View Discusses ...
- 12/07/16--21:15: _Tina Fey Full Speec...
- 12/07/16--21:17: _Sofia Vergara Is Be...
- 12/07/16--22:08: _Jeffrey Dean Morgan...
- 12/07/16--22:10: _The “Gilmore Girls”...
- 12/07/16--22:11: _Recochoku Releases ...
- 12/08/16--16:03: _Power Rangers creat...
- 12/08/16--16:04: _SW: Rogue One - Off...
- 12/08/16--16:05: _first official stil...
- 12/08/16--16:31: _New Power Rangers p...
- 12/08/16--18:45: _Chris Kimball's leg...
- 12/08/16--18:47: _Dragon Quest Heroes...
- 12/08/16--18:55: _Liam Payne of 1D ca...
- 12/08/16--19:07: _Supernatural 12x09 ...
- 12/08/16--19:09: _Fifth Harmony's "Wo...
- 12/08/16--19:12: _Legends of Tomorrow...
- 12/08/16--19:14: _BIGBANG teases come...
- 12/08/16--19:20: _You guys, Russell T...
- 12/08/16--19:24: _American Film Insti...
- 12/08/16--19:24: _Did the Grammys' co...
- 12/07/16--21:17: Sofia Vergara Is Being Sued By Her Embryos
- 12/07/16--22:08: Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Wife More Protective of Him After Negan Fame
- 12/07/16--22:10: The “Gilmore Girls” have the right to choose
- 12/07/16--22:11: Recochoku Releases their Year-End Charts for 2016
- Kana Nishino
- back number
- Sandaime J Soul Brothers (from EXILE TRIBE)
- ONE OK ROCK
- Namie Amuro
- Hikaru Utada
- Gen Hoshino
- Kenta Kiritani (Taro Urashima)
- RADIO FISH
- BUMP OF CHICKEN
- Miyuki Nakajima
- DREAMS COME TRUE
- Kenta Kiritani (Taro Urashima) – Umi no Koe
- AKB48 – 365 Nichi no Kami Hikouki
- RADWIMPS – Zen Zen Zense (movie ver.)
- RADIO FISH – PERFECT HUMAN
- back number – Christmas Song
- Gen Hoshino – Koi
- Kana Nishino – Torisetsu
- Hikaru Utada – Hanataba wo Kimi ni
- ONE OK ROCK – Wherever you are
- Gen Hoshino – SUN
- Namie Amuro – Hero
- Kobukuro – Mirai
- Namie Amuro – Mint
- JY – Suki na Hito ga Iru Koto
- Sakura Fujiwara – Soup
- AI – Minna ga Minna Eiyuu (Full Version)
- Ketsumeishi – Tomo yo ~Kono Saki mo Zutto…
- Aoi Teshima – Ashita e no Tegami (Drama Version)
- Flower – Yasashisa de Afureru You ni
- Perfume – FLASH
- Motohiro Hata – Himawari no Yakusoku
- Miyuki Nakajima – Ito
- RADWIMPS – Nandemonaiya (movie ver.)
- back number – Heroine
- Sandaime J Soul Brothers (from EXILE TRIBE) – R.Y.U.S.E.I.
- Hikaru Utada – Fantome
- RADWIMPS – Kimi no Na wa.
- Kana Nishino – Just LOVE
- DREAMS COME TRUE – DREAMS COME TRUE THE BEST! Watashi no Dorikamu
- back number – Chandelier
- Sandaime J Soul Brothers (from EXILE TRIBE) – THE JSB LEGACY
- Ikimonogakari – Cho Ikimonobakari ~Tennen Kinen Members’ BEST Selection~
- Gen Hoshino – YELLOW DANCER
- Various Artists – 2015-nen Yougaku Souzarai! Party Anthem Hits! 2015 Best Edition (Basically a "NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC" equivalent)
- Various Artists – HiGH & LOW ORIGINAL BEST ALBUM (LDH's HIGH & LOW movie soundtrack)
- Satoshi Hayashibe
- Shake it Off - Taylor Swift
- Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
- See You Again - Wiz Khalifa
- Happy - Pharrell Williams
- I Really Like You - Carly Rae Jepsen
- Umi no Koe was the CM song for AU's popular ad campaign
- 365 Nichi no Kami Hikouki was the theme song of NHK asadora (Morning drama) "Asa ga Kita"
- Zen Zen Zense (Movie ver.) was the theme song of the movie "Kimi no Na wa"
- Christmas Song was the theme song of popular drama "5-Ji kara 9-ji made ~ Watashi ni Koi Shita Ikemen Sugiru Obousan"
- Koi is the theme song of popular drama "“Nigeru wa Haji da ga Yaku ni Tatsu”
- Torisetsu is the theme song of movie "Heroine Shikkaku"
- Hanataba wo Kimi ni was the theme song of popular asadora "Toto Nee-chan"
- Wherever You Are has a CM tie-in with Apple (Interesting thing to note is that this song was released about 6 years ago )
- Sun was the theme song of popular drama "Kokoro ga Pokitto ne"
- 12/08/16--16:31: New Power Rangers poster reveals zords
- America's Test Kitchen sued Chris earlier this fall for allegedly building a competing company while still on ATK's payroll
- Chris left ATK a year ago and says he started the other business venture after ATK said they were going to oust him
- Now he says ATK has unfairly interfered with his new venture
- Court battle is ongoing
- 12/08/16--18:47: Dragon Quest Heroes II Announced
- 12/08/16--19:07: Supernatural 12x09 promo
- 12/08/16--19:09: Fifth Harmony's "Work from Home": 2016 Most Popular MV
- 12/08/16--19:12: Legends of Tomorrow Mid-Season Finale Spoilers
- 12/08/16--19:14: BIGBANG teases comeback with "Fxxk It"
- 12/08/16--19:24: American Film Institute's Top 10 Film & TV Shows of 2016
- A source told AP that the country song was rejected by the Recording Academy's country music committee
- This made Daddy Lessons ineligible to be up for consideration.
- Despite this, she still received the most nominations this year.
- Breitbart misused Weather Channel's content to claim that global warming is over.
- Weather Channel's Kait Parker (The meteorologist featured on the Weather Channel content used by Breitbart) drags Breitbart and the U.S. House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology with facts and science.
- Whoopi questions if it should be the Weather Channel to factcheck a newstory when that's the job of the media and if we hit a point where we can no longer rely on the media to do the factchecking.
- Sara Haines points out that based on her experience working in two different networks, you are constantly reminded that you can not take a person's quote or voicing and putting it into the opposite meaning to suit your own message. She also mentions that networks have a checks and balances system to address this issue, and one can get fired for doing it.
- Joy drags the government (via U.S. House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology's Twitter) for using Breitbart as a source and Whoopi extends this point by saying that the government has retweeted and endorsed bad information.
- Sunny Hostin ends the discussion by highlighting that there are still journalists that factcheck and hold people accountable (Cites Anderson Cooper as an example) despite the overall trend of media not doing their job of factchecking.
Full Weather Channel Video for those Interested
Sources 1 / 2
have you ever taken a person's quote or voicing and put it into the opposite meaning to suit your own message to make a post-fact opinion?
A right-to-life lawsuit has been filed in Louisiana against Sofia Vergara on behalf of her two frozen embryos. The female embryos are listed as "Emma" and "Isabella" in court papers.
Vergara has been engaged in a California court battle with her ex-fiance Nick Loeb over the embryos they created in 2013 (she wants them destroyed and he wants them implanted in a surrogate). But he apparently dropped that suit this week after the judge ruled in favor of Vergara's request to force Loeb to identify two of his previous girlfriends who had abortions after he impregnated them.
The new lawsuit contends that Emma and Isabella, by not being born, have been deprived of an inheritance from a trust that has been created for them in Louisiana. It accuses Vergara of refusing “to allow her daughters Emma and Isabella to continue their development, so they remain frozen in a tank,’’.
Loeb is not listed as a plaintiff in the lawsuit, but appears to be behind it. Although Loeb doesn't currently live in Louisiana, he attended college there and is still a reserve police officer there. He apparently believes that he will have better luck with a lawsuit in the traditionally pro-life, conservative South than in California.
Louisiana law forbids the destruction of frozen embryos, and is the only state in the U.S. to consider them "juridical persons" . But several legal experts told the New York Post that it will be difficult to convince a judge that the case should be heard in Louisiana since the embryos are in California.
Hilarie Burton, 34, wife of The Walking Dead's Jeffrey Dean Morgan, 50, attended the Adrienne Shelly Foundation’s 10th Anniversary Gala on Monday, Dec. 5 and opened up about how life has changed following her husband's revived fame following his casting as the infamous villain Negan in Season 7 of AMC's TWD.
“Yeah, I feel like I’ve kind of had to turn into this like raging bully to protect him! Like I’ve got my hand out a lot, you know, you turn into, not to be a stereotype, but a bitch! You gotta protect the home front!” About their usually quiet life she says, “It’s different. Jeffrey is such a sweet, quiet, kind of shy guy, and so to see that performance, and have people now that we’re out in public kind of expect that out of him — he’s an introvert.”
“Rory doesn’t have to keep the baby,” Sherman-Palladino told TV Line. “There are choices here that she can make. It’s just the left turn. It’s that curveball that life throws you.” She added in an interview with BuzzFeed: “I think that somebody as smart as Rory is going to take a step back and look at all the angles, and then make her decision, because it’s too important a job to make the wrong decision when it comes to kids.”
From the article:
"The acknowledgement of Rory’s right to choose — without condemnation or judgment — is a huge step forward for a medium that’s struggled to represent women’s reproductive health in a way that’s responsible and considerate of both sides of the conversation. For too long, abortion has been depicted as a last-ditch option that women should be talked out of: When their families, friends and spouses voice concern, these women will realize their error of their ways and keep the child."
- Article talks about how far we have come on TV. Mentions "I Love Lucy" where they couldn't even say the word pregnant.
- Mentions shows that chickened out of doing abortion episodes - Family Guy, Degrassi High's US episode, Jane The Virgin (but did it right later on)
- Shows that got massive backlash way back when for doing an abortion episode - The Defenders, Maude, etc
- Mentions shows that wanted to have their cake and eat it too where the woman has a change of heart at the clinic (Felicity, The OC, Beverly Hills 90210)
- Shows that actually did it right: Crazy Ex Girlfriend, The Good Wife, Scandal, Girls, Jessica Jones etc.
- Thinks that Gilmore Girls is an example of how women have choices despite the fact that nowhere have they implied in the actual series that having an abortion was a possibility for any of the Gilmore women.
Read more at the SOURCE.
Sorry mods! Hope this goes through
Recochoku is one of Japan's major digital music distributors, and people commonly use its charts to gauge an artist's digital sales power (With some degree of variance/error due to exclusively looking at one distributor, demographic/sampling bias tied to how it's more popular among youths/keitai (cellphone) culture, not having numerical units sold, etc). Some argue that digital charts provide a more accurate landscape of which artists are popular in Japan due to the tendency to buy multiple physical copies in the idol scene. The company recently released its yearly chart which tracks sales from December 1st 2015 to November 30th 2016. Without further ado, here are the numbers (For the remaining top 100 of any chart, you'll need to visit Source 2 which is in Japanese although I make some references to it later in the post).
Top 25 Digital Singles:
Top 10 Digital Albums:
Top 3 Best New Artists:
Top 5 Western Songs (Found in original source; translated by xhurlyburly):
Interesting Things to Note Based off of a Quick Glance (aka a disclaimer that I might have missed something if I'm wrong):
- Most of higher charting digital singles/songs have a big tie-in that contributed to its popularity and high digital sales.
- Kana topping the Recochoku overall sales chart is contributed to a combination of multiple (six) singles within the top 100 along with a top three selling album on Recochoku.
- Similar to Kana's situation, Sandaime J Soul Brother's position can be contributed to multiple (five) singles within the top 100 along with an album that did well on Recochoku.
- AKB48's second overall position while having only two singles within the top 100 (The other one being in the 80s) and an album in the mid 50s suggest that their overall discography (Along with the immense success of 365 Nichi no Kami Hikouki) played a role in achieving this position.
- SMAP had two of their old singles pop up in the charts. This is likely due to rumors (Which were later confirmed) of disbanding.
- Several older songs also popped up in the digital single charts. In addition to ONE OK ROCK's Wherever you are; SMAP's Orange and Sekai ni Hitotsu Dake no Hana; and Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe, Sandaime J Soul Brother's Hanabi, JUJU's Yasashisa Afureru Youni, and Otsuka Ai's Planetarium also appeared in the digital singles chart.
- After checking the 2015 chart and not spotting Yasashisa Afureru Youni in the top 100, it's likely that Flower's popular cover of the song spurred sales for the original.
- Excluding the rival groups run by Sony (Nogizaka46 and Keyakizaka46), the only other 48G group to appear on the overall artist list is NMB48 (This was also the case in 2015).
- For those that are sad about the state of female soloists, most of the old school female soloists are within the top 100 of the overall artist chart (e.g., Ayumi Hamasaki, Koda Kumi, Mika Nakashima, Otsuka Ai, Crystal Kay). While their popularity has fallen compared to their peaks, their cumulative discography can still get some sales.
- One interesting thing to note is that Shiina Ringo did not appear on the overall artist and hasn't released new music within the past year (She was #46 last year and closely ranked with everyone except Ayu because of A BEST's chart longevity). This observation may suggest that her cumulative discography as a soloist does not sell as well as other notable female soloist, but the discreprency is made up by her releases selling more compared to her peers. However, one has to keep in mind that a significant portion of her discography was under her band Tokyo Jihen and does not count towards her own sales.
Sources 1 / 2 / 3
i may or may not do a j-pop megapost later this week
Haim Saban, the creator of the Power Rangers series, has been very critical of the Democratic party recently. Saban, who gave Hillary Clinton $10 million over the course of her campaign, has spoken out against DNC chair hopeful Keith Ellison, calling him an "anti-semite" and an "anti-Israel individual" for his past support of the Nation of Islam. Saban went on to say that Keith Ellison would be a disaster for the Jewish community and the Democratic party. Keith Ellison recently addressed his support of the Nation of Islam, disavowing the group's anti-semitism.
Haim Saban and Cheryl Saban chipped in an additional $2.2 million for Hillary Clinton in the waning days of election https://t.co/vlY2srEaiV— Variety (@Variety) December 8, 2016
donnieyenofficial I like to express my appreciation for those who had made this remarkable moment came true; my fans, my team and most important my family especially my wife Cecilia! As my business and life time partner, she's spent each day dedicated managing my life, kids and career in the last 14 years, so this achievement is deservingly hers as well!
Sources:Star Wars YT, Donnie Yen Insta
Good amount of new footage in the back half.
Would you (like Baze Malbus and the Cinemagoers of the PRC) go where Donnie Yen goes, ONTD Rebel Alliance?
+ The first trailers will be unveiled online Thursday night — one domestic (premiering on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live!) and one international, with a few different shots and lines of dialogue between them. “Enough where I thought it would be fun for people to see both,” producer and Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige.
+ Homecoming begins with Peter wrestling with a return to his normal life in Queens after being recruited by Stark and surviving his first huge superhero battle (see: Civil War).
sources1 / 2
mods, i fixed the source :)
Once upon a time, many years ago, there was a long and terrible war. When the war finally ended, the people of the world made a solemn pact never to fight again. The world was divided into seven realms and peace reigned for a thousand years.
One day, cousins and fellow knights-in-training Lazarel and Teresa reunite in the Kingdom of Harba, far from their Dunisian home. Little do they suspect that the Dunisian army is about to invade, with their old friend Prince Cesar at the helm.
The long-kept peace is broken and the world descends into chaos. With the aid of High King’s envoy the cousins must travel to Accordia for a meeting with the Supreme Sovereign of the Seven Realms to find a solution and bring back peace to the world!
Sources: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Congratulations Louis Walsh for setting the worst example on handling media for his band who are about to step into a very hard industry— Liam (@LiamPayne) December 9, 2016
Maybe it's about time you realise it's not all about you and shut the fuck up for once, let them speak— Liam (@LiamPayne) December 9, 2016
Liam Payne, formerly of 1D, had some shit to say about Louis Walsh, boyband manager and former Xfactor judge.
The context is Louis Walsh was asked if Cheryl was coming back to the X-factor, which Walsh is currently a judge on, at a photocall for one of Walshs' bands and Walsh told the reporter the event isn't about Cheryl, so now Liam went on this rant to defend Cheryl.
In case you're confused, Liam tweets are about Cheryl and Louis Walsh-L pic.twitter.com/FUNb5IWLJp— 1D Updates (@OT4WWUpdates) December 9, 2016
liams dramatic twitter callouts :') what a nostalgic 2013 1d throwback
Fifth Harmony's "Work from Home" has been crowned the most viewed mv from 2016 with over 1.1 billion views. This is 5H second music mv to reach this milestone. "Worth It" has now 1.2 billion views.
"ladies & gentlemen, fifth harmony: the biggest girl group in the world. don't ever play yourself. they don't want [them] to win, so [they] gonna win more. [ ... ]I love them" - DJ Khaled
-malcolm's back as darhk & thawne's bitch boy
-stein tells sara about the aberration he created (his daughter lillith)
-LEONARD IS BACK as a figment of mick's imagination
-get ready for mickaya...i think...seriously
-rip hunter appears at the end of the episode in 1967 as a director in hollywood
BIGBANG begins the teasers for their full length album MADE, which will include title tracks "Fxxk it" and "Last Dance" as well as a new song called "Girlfriend"
- Russell Tovey looks back at the incident in which he said that he was grateful for his dad and all the childhood bullying that cured him of being “really effeminate.” And he didn't want to hurt anyone.
- "Things come out the way you don’t intend them to. It was a very upsetting time for me. … I learned from it and I’ve grown from it".
ONTD, can you stop being a macho man to feel sorry for what you said, just when your new film happens to come out? (What are the chances?!)
Film: Arrival, Fences, Hacksaw Ridge, Hell or High Water, La La Land, Manchester by the Sea, Moonlight, Silence, Sully, Zootopia
TV: The Americans, Atlanta, Better Call Saul, The Crown, Game of Thrones, The Night Of, The People vs. OJ Simpson, Stranger Things, This is Us, Veep
The Institute also announced a special award to be given to OJ: Made in America.
resubmitted without cut mods!