Articles on this Page
- 11/30/16--18:20: _Demi Lovato Opens U...
- 11/30/16--18:32: _Promo for Vikings t...
- 11/30/16--18:42: _Canadian Cops Threa...
- 11/30/16--18:50: _Survivor 33x11 - Ab...
- 11/30/16--18:52: _Lucian Piane contin...
- 11/30/16--20:08: _Here is your daily ...
- 11/30/16--20:10: _"Younger" star Nico...
- 11/30/16--20:32: _Pokémon Sun and Moo...
- 11/30/16--20:46: _Trailer for 'The Be...
- 11/30/16--20:57: _franco's i am micha...
- 11/30/16--21:37: _Rami Malek Narrates...
- 12/01/16--16:20: _Female Spinoff of "...
- 12/01/16--16:26: _In Who Asked for Th...
- 12/01/16--16:38: _Natasha Bassett tal...
- 12/01/16--17:02: _Harry Potter and th...
- 12/01/16--17:11: _Melanie Martinez - ...
- 12/01/16--17:12: _Jessica Chastain fo...
- 12/01/16--17:51: _Natalie Portman is ...
- 12/01/16--17:55: _New YA book generat...
- 12/01/16--18:16: _No Korean film or a...
- 11/30/16--18:20: Demi Lovato Opens Up About Her Bipolar Disorder Diagnosis
- 11/30/16--18:32: Promo for Vikings tonight at 9/8c
- 11/30/16--18:42: Canadian Cops Threaten to Punish DUI Criminals With Nickelback
- 11/30/16--18:50: Survivor 33x11 - About To Have A Rumble
- 11/30/16--20:08: Here is your daily dose of cringe: Zara Larsson sings Beyoncé songs
- 11/30/16--20:46: Trailer for 'The Belko Experiment'
- 11/30/16--20:57: franco's i am michael gets a theatrical release
- 11/30/16--21:37: Rami Malek Narrates A Documentary About an Alleged NSA Base
- 12/01/16--16:20: Female Spinoff of "21 Jump Street" is being planned
- 12/01/16--16:26: In Who Asked for This News : Shawn Mendes for Flaunt Magazine
- 12/01/16--17:11: Melanie Martinez - 'Mrs. Potato Head' Music Video
- 12/01/16--17:12: Jessica Chastain for The Edit
- 12/01/16--17:51: Natalie Portman is NOT fan-friendly!
- 12/01/16--18:16: No Korean film or actor has ever won an Oscar
*"The biggest misconception is you’re fine one minute and then you’re not fine the next minute, and in reality, that’s not how it works."
*People throw the word "bipolar" around without realizing how hurtful negative stigma around mental illness can be.
*Bipolar disorder is something Demi has; it doesn't represent who she is.
*Demi deals with her mental illness by taking things day to day and doing something every day that makes her feel good.
*She's been in the studio, but she won't release new music until it's ready.
Bonus photo for the Be Vocal campaign!
mods if this could please be up before 9pm EST, that'd be wonderful!
In a now deleted Facebook post, Kensington Police offered the following gift for those caught drinking and driving:
"When we catch you, and we will catch you, on top of a hefty fine, a criminal charge and a years driving suspension we will also provide you with a bonus gift of playing the offices copy of Nickelback in the cruiser on the way to jail."
The department's constable says that they have nothing against the band, but ask that the public act smart so that they don't have to open "a perfectly good unopened copy of Nickelback".
CNN Source which described Nickelback as Canada's most questionable gift to the world
ONTD, are you the joke of your country?
Adam successfully played a hidden immunity idol on Hannah...but it wasn't necessary because Will flipped to the majority. Zeke was voted out 5 - 0 over Hannah.
Please put unaired spoiled discussion under an lj-spoiler cut!
Facebook is obviously run by Satan 💁🏻♂️ Don't spread love or truth, children!!!
It's racist to tell people you love them now!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Gotta love idiot gays! 💁🏻♂️❤️🏳️🌈🙈
I am so happy to be almost rid of the parasite
Child rapists, the Clintons
The parasites are similar to the ones that infect and mind control cats. It is SCIENCE.
🚬 start smoking, kiddos!
Please show some compassion. We are ALL just a few blood sugars away from a psychotic breakdown. pic.twitter.com/zY1QNDQYp9— RuPaul (@RuPaul) November 28, 2016
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. We ALL walk a fine line when it comes to mental health. Please show some compassion.— RuPaul (@RuPaul) November 28, 2016
Source 1 and 2
As part of a recent interview where she professes her love for Beyoncé, Swedish pop star Zara Larsson sang a few Beyoncé songs acapella for a video montage. Some of the songs Zara sings in the video include Yoncé, Diva, Sorry, and Kitty Kat.
TRIGGER WARNING: SECONDHAND EMBARRASSMENT
Sources: YouTube + Twitter
Nico opened up to Vulture about his sexuality and how he slept with a straight friend in High School to help him come out.
“This is going to sound fucked, but I knew that he was really struggling. And I was like, ‘Look, if I hook up with him, maybe it will make things easier for him.’ We hooked up. There was no assplay at all. It was just dick-to-mouth here. He was shaken up about it and I was like, ‘It’s fine. What happened last night doesn’t make you the person that you are. Why are you putting so much weight on it?’ And when that happened, I was like, ‘Oh, I’m thinking about this differently than everyone else is thinking about it.’”
Nico previously spoke about being sexually fluid but seems comfortable identifying as bisexual now.
“The more I’m having these conversations, the more comfortable I am identifying as bisexual. I’ve been so hesitant about using the word for so long, because it does have a negative connotation in our generation. People fought for so long for that ‘B’ in LGBT, and I refuse to be the person that’s going to throw that away because I think I have a more colorful word.”
What is the nicest thing you have done for a friend?
In the Americas, Sun and Moon sold 3.7 million copies since it's release November 18th which is a 85% increase compared to the previous installment, Pokemon X and Y. In Europe, where it was was released a week later, sold 1.5 million copies. Pokemon Go is said to contribute to the significant increase in sales.
How are you enjoying the game so far?
In a twisted social experiment, a group of 80 Americans are locked in their high-rise corporate office in Bogota, Colombia and ordered by an unknown voice coming from the company's intercom system to participate in a deadly game of kill or be killed.
- i am michael tells the true story of michael glatze, played by franco, who was a high-profile gay youth activist who provoked controversy when he became a straight christian pastor and claimed he was no longer gay
- zachary quinto plays glatze's boyfriend, while emma roberts plays the woman who becomes his girlfriend
- i am michael will go into theaters and digital release january 27
- Writer of "22 Jump Street" (Rodney Rothman) will possibly write and direct the female spinoff of "21 Jump Street"
- the film would revolve 'around two female cops who go undercover as students in some sort of school setting' just as the two previous "21 Jump Street" movies had
- Rothman also wrote the script for the
Shawn Mendes 🔥 pic.twitter.com/8pO5C9867Y— Music News & Facts (@musicnews_facts) December 1, 2016
Sources 1) Yawn Mendes 2) Flop of the Pops 3) Shady Music
Australian actress Natasha Bassett sat down with ET to talk about playing Britney Spears.
ET visited the set of the movie in Canada, where Natasha is seen dancing to "I Love Rock 'n' Roll."
Talking about the role, Natasha said that she's not a dancer and has never danced in her life.
Natasha says that she hopes Britney will watch the movie since it's a love letter to her.
The film will include the kiss with Madonna at the VMAs as well as the snake performance.
Lifetime's Britney Spears biopic will run for two hours and comes out in February 2017.
Source: YouTube 1 + YouTube 2
Check your local listings to see when the Britney biopic will air!
- Broadway's Lyric Theatre will be completely redesigned, remodeled, and reconfigured from 1,900 seats to approximately (more intimate!) 1,500.
- J.K. Rowling is "fully, fully supportive" of the whole thing: "I'm delighted we are one step closer in bringing Harry Potter and the Cursed Child to Broadway and very excited by the proposed plans."
- $163 million domestic + $344 million international = $507 million worldwide after just two weekends.
- 75% (barely) Certified Fresh on RottenTomatoes.
Source 1 + 2 + 3
ONTD, have you read the Cursed Child and Fantastic Beasts scripts yet?
love this song. she couldve done a bit more considering the lyrics tbh
Chastain also appeared in the 2017 Pirelli calender photographed by Peter Lindbergh alongside Rooney Mara, Kate Winslet and Penelope Cruz
Natalie Portman was on her WORST behavior at an Oscar screening for her new movie "Jackie", according to a new report.
A source tells Naughty Gossip, "At a screening tonight at The Walter Reede theatre in Lincoln center, the actress was NOT interested in fan interaction. Flanked by an entourage, Natalie entered the theatre moments before the film ended and refused to sign autographs or do photos with people. In fact she didn’t even acknowledge the 3 or 4 fans waiting for her outside the lobby. She was downright rude. This follows screenings a few weeks back where she had the exact awful attitude."
Sources say Amy Adams did the same type of screenings this week and "couldn't have been sweeter!"
A new YA novel by the author Julie Murphy (of the best-selling Dumplin') has created controversy among YA readers and members of the LGBT community. The book, Ramona Blue, follows a girl who is "an out and proud lesbian" but falls in love with a boy. The Goodreads summary is this:
Ramona was only five years old when Hurricane Katrina changed her life forever. Since then, it’s been Ramona and her family against the world. One of only two out lesbians in her small town and standing over six feet tall with unmistakable blue hair, Ramona knows she’s destined for something bigger than the trailer she calls home in Eulogy, Mississippi. But juggling multiple jobs, her flaky mom, and her well-meaning but ineffectual dad forces her to be the responsible adult of the family. Now, with her sister, Hattie, pregnant, her responsibilities weigh more heavily than ever.
The return of her childhood friend Freddie brings a welcome distraction. Ramona’s friendship with the former competitive swimmer picks up exactly where it left off, and soon he’s talked her into joining him for laps at the pool.
As Ramona falls more in love with swimming, her feelings for Freddie begin to shift as well, and she must decide if knowing who she is is more important than figuring out who she might become.
Lesbian YA readers have not been pleased by this description, since writing a character specifically as a lesbian and then having her fall in love with a boy is hardly revolutionary and a lot like the "you just need to find the right man to change your mind!" narrative that lesbians are constantly subjected to.
The author (who is bisexual) did not address lesbians' concerns, but said the book is about bisexuality and suggested on twitter that the whole thing was a result of a "vague jacket copy" for the book, and said she was receiving "gross threats" via email.
I'm in the process of writing new, less vague jacket copy for Ramona Blue. Also, discourse is healthy. Gross threats via email are not.— Julie Murphy (@andimJULIE) 1 de dezembro de 2016
when you open your inbox to CHOKE & DIE BITCH emails so you cuddle your cats instead bc if you decide to choke & die it will be on their fur— Julie Murphy (@andimJULIE) 1 de dezembro de 2016
Whether the jacket copy is vague or not, here are the author's own words, from an interview: "The book is set on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and follows a too-tall blue-haired girl named Ramona as she’s entering her senior year. As a young child, Ramona survived Hurricane Katrina and though her memories of it are distant, it's been a shadow that’s followed her family ever since. Ramona lives in a small FEMA grade trailer, which is falling apart in every way, along with her father, her pregnant sister, and her sister’s slacker boyfriend. She's also finding that she has feelings for a childhood friend who has recently returned to town. That wouldn't be a problem, but Ramona is a lesbian and this friend happens to be a straight boy. So everything Ramona knows about her life is changing. Her home is too small, her sister isn't prepared to be a mother, and Ramona worries that she’s abandoning a part of herself if she is in a relationship with a boy."
Meanwhile, fans of the author are defending her, alleging that the book is meant to represent sexual fluidity, that the people who are criticising her are biphobes and don't understand human sexuality, and also that Chasing Amy is positive bi representation.
Lesbians and other people who have expressed concern about misleading lesbian representation in this book are being called bigots, biphobes and garbage on social media. There is a "ratings war" on Goodreads, where Julie Murphy supporters are rating the book 5 stars, and the people unhappy with the book are rating it 1 star.
not gonna feel bad criticizing author perpetuating harmful LESBIAN stereotypes even if she & her fans wanna call me a biphobe for it. SHRUG— j♔ (@journeyette) 1 de dezembro de 2016
"it's not about lesbophobia" y'all say pic.twitter.com/BcmYYbQrtf— j♔ (@journeyette) 1 de dezembro de 2016
Some of the criticism towards the book:
Some of the support for the book:
whose side are you on, ONTD?
* No Korean movie has ever even been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film. Unfortunately, this probably won't change for 2016 because South Korea decided to submit the "sporadically entertaining (but ultimately impenetrable) espionage thriller" The Age of Shadows instead of The Handmaiden.
* The source points out that this means Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland has more Oscars than the entire country of South Korea. (AiW won an Oscar for Best Art Direction.)
idk about any of the major categories, but the handmaiden at least deserves a win or two in one of the technical categories imo. ontd, are you surprised that no korean movie has ever won?