Articles on this Page
- 11/05/16--15:15: _The Exorcist 1x07 P...
- 11/05/16--15:30: _Hennessy: We have n...
- 11/05/16--15:52: _The X Factor Might ...
- 11/05/16--16:37: _The Crown on Netflix
- 11/05/16--16:37: _Kylie Jenner: Pregn...
- 11/05/16--18:00: _Dave Chappelle -- P...
- 11/05/16--18:00: _Chicago Cubs rally ...
- 11/05/16--18:11: _Drizzy Reunites wit...
- 11/05/16--18:21: _Stevie Wonder teams...
- 11/05/16--19:07: _T.I tells Lil Wayne...
- 11/05/16--20:14: _Benderwhip Cumbersn...
- 11/06/16--09:07: _Anatomically correc...
- 11/06/16--09:19: _Weekend Box Office:...
- 11/06/16--09:31: _Jane Zhang video ha...
- 11/06/16--10:03: _Racist YA novel rec...
- 11/06/16--10:20: _Jinger Duggar weds ...
- 11/06/16--10:52: _Mother Mother - The...
- 11/06/16--11:01: _Robert Pattinson, E...
- 11/06/16--11:11: _Salem co-creator Ad...
- 11/06/16--12:03: _Lady Gaga Is On A S...
- 11/05/16--15:15: The Exorcist 1x07 Promo - "Father of Lies"
- 11/05/16--15:30: Hennessy: We have nothing to do with "Headphanie" bottles
- 11/05/16--15:52: The X Factor Might Actually Enjoy Being Racist
- 11/05/16--16:37: The Crown on Netflix
- 11/05/16--16:37: Kylie Jenner: Pregnant With Tyga's Baby?
- A source who claims to be close to the couple says Kylie is infected with Tuna spawn
- Tuna and Blac Chyna's son King has been telling people that Kylie's "womb is occupied"
- 11/05/16--18:00: Dave Chappelle -- Pissed At Report Saying He's Pro Trump
- 11/05/16--20:14: Benderwhip Cumbersnoot is hosting SNL tonight
- 11/06/16--09:07: Anatomically correct Na'vi reborn dolls are apparently now a thing
- 11/06/16--09:31: Jane Zhang video has music world BUZZING! P
- 11/06/16--10:03: Racist YA novel receives backlash
- 11/06/16--10:20: Jinger Duggar weds Jeremy Vuolo
- 11/06/16--10:52: Mother Mother - The Drugs (Official Music Video)
- 11/06/16--11:11: Salem co-creator Adam Simon explains 3X01
- 11/06/16--12:03: Lady Gaga Is On A Spree: Urging Everyone To VOTE & Calls Out Trump
The Rance family begins to disintegrate as days pass without any sign of their missing daughter. Marcus enlists the aid of Mother Bernadette to help him with his latest problem, Tomas finds himself snared in a web of lies after news of Casey's possession becomes public knowledge and Father Bennett's investigations into the mysterious Tattersal corporation lead him directly into danger.
A group of white young adults started producing labeled Hennessy including uncredited lines from Young M.A's hit song "OOOUUU". "You call her Stephanie? I call her Headphanie".
After online outrage for using Young M.A's work to market their company, "Lilac Company", without credit they pulled their bottles and went private.
Hennessy has denied their involvement in all of this.
I'm confused...WHY exactly is this pastel-colored Hennessy being named "Headphanie"? Thats not what Young M.A. was referring to in the song.— 21 Sandwich (@Acquired_Taste) November 3, 2016
How you gonna call Hennessy Headphanie when we're already calling Stephanie, Headphanie? pic.twitter.com/LuXQCWZM2p— Tauji (@MsHoneyBrown_) November 3, 2016
These are the people behind headphanie cognac. They cashing out with black culture and black consumers pic.twitter.com/WAXa5Pn2Pt— DouBle (@DoublexDown) November 3, 2016
The long-faded singing competition that has so warmly embraced "rapper" Honey G's modern blackface (by awarding her with repeated standing ovations from the judges) has now decided to dress up the oddball contestant Saara Aalto in a phantasmagoria of racism to perform a Girls Aloud single. The art direction is perhaps not surprising for a show that featured two Asian contestants over its entire run.
Saara had previously attempted a singing career in Asia.
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Netflix's 'The Crown', about a strong female leader and the many dudes bothered by that fact, is a great show: https://t.co/GKs5Omsrpb— WIRED (@WIRED) November 4, 2016
"In a welcome twist, The Crown is less of a bombastic, sweeping romance and more of a clear-eyed depiction of Elizabeth’s rise from young monarch to fiercely respected popular figure."
Is anyone watching this? It was interesting and a lot less propagandist than I thought it would be, lol.
Tweets: 1 | 2
Pregnant!? https://t.co/kx04G3aVJh— Star Magazine (@Star_News) November 5, 2016
Dave Chappelle -- Pissed At Report Saying He's Pro Trump https://t.co/OSf7BFxVIa— TMZ (@TMZ) November 5, 2016
- Says he went in on Trump just as much as he went in on Hilary
- He's already voted and according to his camp, he voted for Hilary
Yesterday the Chicago Cubs had a rally and parade in Chicago celebrating their first World Series win in 108 years. Officials are now saying that 5 million people were in attendance which makes it the largest gathering of people ever in the United States and number seven for gatherings worldwide.
The current ranking is as follows (shockingly none of which are in Brazil) -
1. Kumbh Mela pilgrimage, India, 2013 - 30 million
2. Arbaeen festival, Iraq, 2014 - 17 million
3. Funeral of CN Annadurai, India, 1969 - 15 million
4. Funeral of Ayatollah Khomeini, Iran, 1989 - 10 million
5. Papal gathering in the Philippines, 2015 - 6 million
Both the Cubs rally and 1995 World Youth Day follow with a total of 5 million each.
Source 1 and 2
These posts are going to stop soon so don't worry about it non-baseball ONTD. I just thought the numbers were really interesting.
Sources: @RollingStone. YouTube. @LiveShed.
#VIEWS already a classic~
Do you have faith, ONTD?
[email protected] This is my son & daughter showing me this for the first time & asking me what you mean? I'm at a complete loss of words here. Wayne I've known you over a decade. Our daughters grew up together practically. Reginae' spent countless times at my house with Niq-Niq when you were in prison & you extended my daughter the same courtesy when I was in the same position. Our relationship outside of music is what makes me sensitive to your disposition. I KNOW you wired a bit different than most other responsible adults, but still nigga U TRIPPING!!!! I don't know what you goin thru,or what you are attempting to avoid but this shit is absolutely unacceptable!!!! You're disrespecting yourself,bringing shame on your family name & tarnishing your legacy. You have children (including mines prior to now) that have looked up to you. You have sons & a daughter that depend upon your leadership. Bro if you don't stand for something out here,all the money,jewelry,cars,mansions bandannas & hit records don't mean shit!!!! Our people are being oppressed!!! We are being hunted,captured & slaughtered out here daily!!! You have to get outta that bubble that you've been living in & get out here & educate yourself on what's going on around US!!! I'm always here to share whatever knowledge or understanding I may have to assist your growth & development,but u MUST STOP this buffoonery & coonin' you out here doin. You looking like somebody who has something to gain or lose by pretending like it's not as bad as BLM making it seem & you're not aware of an issue that needs to be addressed. That's what would be considered "Uncle Tom Shit".... I know U,YOURE BETTER THAN THIS!!!!! I've been proud to call myself a fan & a friend of Lil Wayne ,but if that must end in order to stand up for those who can't do it for themselves...So be it. If you're not prepared for a question in an interview,say No Comment Bro. But stop embarrassing yourself & everyone out here who's been supporting you. There is no middle ground. Oppression knows no neutral party,either you're part of the oppressed,or you with the oppressor. There is no such thing as oppression not affecting you. It's #USorELSE out here
If you aren't aware, last week clips of Lil Wayne's interview with Nightline came out. In the video Wayne is asked about his thoughts on Black Lives Matter. His response:
Black Live Matter “just sounds weird,” he said. “I don’t know that you put a name on it. It’s not a name, it’s not ‘whatever, whatever,’ it’s somebody got shot by a policeman for a f**ked up reason.”
“I’m a young black rich motherf**ker,” he continued. “If that don’t let you know that America understand black motherf**kers matter these days…”
He also pointed out “That man white,” referring to the camera man, “He filmin’ me. I’m a n*****. I don’t know what you mean, man.”
“Don’t come at me with that dumb bull—-, ma’am. My life matter,”
“I don’t feel connected to a damn thing that ain’t got nothing to do with me.”
Lil Wayne says he doesn't feel connected to Black Lives Matter movement. Watch tonight on Nightline at 12:35am ET. pic.twitter.com/28eBGfpSja— Nightline (@Nightline) November 2, 2016
I can't believe this is the same man who wrote Georgia..Bush. Lean is a helluva drug. I can't even listen to Mad peacefully anymore.
- Beings at 10:30c/11:30est
- Solange is preforming!
Viewing post. Here's a certified ONTD list of names for him (courtesy of mhfromnh):
Earlier this week Babyclon, a company which specializes in making those super realistic silicone reborn dolls, unveiled the latest creation to their line... Na'vi babies. Shockingly they have been incredibly well received and demand seems to be high even though they are selling these for nearly $1,900 a piece.
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
What did you see this weekend, ONTD?
A star was born last week, when the video for Jane Zhang's Timbaland produced 'Dust Off My Shoulders' was unleashed. If you haven't seen this orgasm for the eyes, check it out!
YA (Young Adult) Book twitter is currently having a meltdown over debut author Keira Drake's upcoming novel 'The Continent'. The Goodreads summary states:
"For her sixteenth birthday, Vaela Sun receives the most coveted gift in all the Spire—a trip to the Continent. It seems an unlikely destination for a holiday: a cold, desolate land where two “uncivilized” nations remain perpetually at war. Most citizens tour the Continent to see the spectacle and violence of battle—a thing long vanished in the Spire.
But an idyllic aerial exploration is not to be had: the realities of war are made clear in a bloody battle seen from the heli-plane during the tour, leaving Vaela forever changed. And when a tragic accident leaves her stranded on the Continent, she has no illusions about the true nature of the danger she faces. Starving, alone, and lost in the middle of a war zone, Vaela must try to find a way home—but first, she must survive."
(Spoiler: The two 'uncivilized' nations are based off of Native American and Japanese culture)
Justina Ireland, a published YA author and blogger, managed to acquire an ARC (Advanced Readers Copy) of the novel after initial stirrings about the book's racist content and revealed that the novel was filled with a bunch of racist nonsense.
So, 25% through the Continent and so far this book is...not good.— Justina Ireland (@justinaireland) November 3, 2016
All the PoC introduced are there to impart a Lesson for the white folks.
Like, the "natives" are out here murdering each other and the white folks from the Spire are all "oh, this is gruesome."— Justina Ireland (@justinaireland) November 3, 2016
Also worth noting: first PoC with a speaking role is a black dude who is the groundskeeper. So...yeah.— Justina Ireland (@justinaireland) November 3, 2016
...I mean, this isn't a great leap of logic here... pic.twitter.com/qJ0fsCaNqa— Justina Ireland (@justinaireland) November 3, 2016
She runs to chase a plane, the Topi capture her. They are red-skinned savages who use arrows and hatchets and hobble her to keep her close.— Justina Ireland (@justinaireland) November 4, 2016
They feed her jerky and berries, then get drunk around a fire and one tries to rape her. Because, of course they do. They're savages.— Justina Ireland (@justinaireland) November 4, 2016
Feeling preeeety lucky the one black dude was the groundskeeper right about now. pic.twitter.com/YmOiu06eey— Justina Ireland (@justinaireland) November 3, 2016
It's okay. She's saved by a ninja. A literal ninja. With almond shaped eyes.— Justina Ireland (@justinaireland) November 3, 2016
Y'all. This ain't what we mean by more representation.
(I'm only posting certain snippets. In order to read a summary of the book in a tweet thread, just click here.)
The backlash against Justina Ireland by Keira Drake's fans started immediately afterwards with one star goodreads and amazon reviews of Ireland's books and anonymous letters to her editor and agent. (Most of the one-star reviews have been removed)
After being called out, author Keira Drake attempted a bit of damage control with this response. Apparently, the Topi are inspired by LotR and the Aven’ei's language is only based off of Japanese (despite some characters having Japanese names and Japanese words being used) + the culture itself is just a random mix of Asian and European cultures. She also states that she couldn't possibly be racist because she's part-Native American...or something. Her husband is also getting in on the fun as well. Stay tuned.
This is only a small snippet of the drama that has been going down for days. It's gotten super messy.
*Duo officially began "courting" on June 21st and were married on November 5th
*There were 1000 guests
*Vuolo's father Chuck officiated
*Jessa was MOH and Vuolo's brother Chris was best man
How soon after your first date did you marry your partner ONTD?
Canadian indie rock darlings Mother Mother released the video for their new single "The Drugs".
Source 1 | 2
Not their best, but not their worst IMO.
Highlights from the video:
* The title of the episode, 'After the Fall' is a reference to Arthur Miller, whose play 'The Crucible' they've "traumatized" in Salem. 'The Fall' often refers to the fall of humanity, when the Devil tempted us to disobey God's number 1 injunction to not eat the apple. But if also refers to the fall of the Devil himself, since he was once an angel (The angel).
* The Essex witches go back to the Pagan-Goddess-earth-nature worshiping religion and cult that existed before Judeo-Christianity and this version of the Devil, they had magic and go back to the dawn of time. But now they see that the pact they made with the Devil did not deliver the world they wanted and a land for them.
* The real question for Cotton-Anne: Is this going to be George and Mary from season 1? Will she just control him with her familiar? We see how tender, in a strange way, that relationship really is and how much she loves him and in the end she knows they can't go on like this and she has to trust him... Sort of. The minute he can, Cotton tries to leave, but he's got Brown Jenkins inside him so if he does or says the wrong thing, he's in trouble. That's one of our first real glimpses of the witch that Anne might be on her way to becoming.
Well, the ratings are just as bad as they've always been. Salem airs Wednesdays on WGN America at 9/8C.
Lady Gaga is doing her part and using her platform today to bring attention to the important election coming up here. She went on a spree today, and is still going, urging people to vote, she openly criticized Trump calling him a "political impostor" and telling her fans to vote Hillary.
.@MELANIATRUMP to say u will stand for "anti-bullying" is hypocrisy. Your husband is 1 of the most notorious bullies we have ever witnessed.— #VoteHillary (@ladygaga) November 6, 2016
Have you respectfully been encouraging your loved ones & friends to vote, ONTD?