Articles on this Page
- 10/10/16--09:56: _Andrzej Wajda, Acad...
- 10/10/16--09:56: _The Birth of a Nati...
- 10/10/16--09:56: _Michael Ealy joins ...
- 10/10/16--10:58: _Paris Jackson’s boy...
- 10/10/16--10:58: _Quinoa Queen Shaile...
- 10/10/16--10:59: _ONTD Original: Is t...
- 10/10/16--10:59: _Ryan Lochte is Enga...
- 10/10/16--11:36: _Celine Dion Says La...
- 10/10/16--11:41: _Misha Collins campa...
- 10/10/16--11:48: _Amber Tamblyn Speak...
- 10/10/16--12:42: _Alleged Leaked Earl...
- 10/10/16--12:43: _Laura Prepon to dir...
- 10/10/16--12:43: _Guy Ritchie to dire...
- 10/10/16--12:43: _DCTV Films Massive ...
- 10/10/16--13:20: _Queen Carrie Fisher...
- 10/10/16--13:47: _Leaked THE DARK TOW...
- 10/10/16--13:47: _Shia LaBeouf and Mi...
- 10/10/16--13:47: _Daniel Craig backtr...
- 10/10/16--13:47: _Planet Earth 2 trai...
- 10/10/16--13:48: _Jon Voight Goes on ...
- 10/10/16--09:56: The Birth of a Nation and Nat Turner in His Own Words
- 10/10/16--09:56: Michael Ealy joins the cast of "Being Mary Jane"
- 10/10/16--10:58: Paris Jackson’s boyfriend covers up Confederate flag tattoo
- 10/10/16--10:58: Quinoa Queen Shailene Woodley is Arrested!
- 10/10/16--10:59: ONTD Original: Is the new Power Rangers movie going to flop?
- 10/10/16--10:59: Ryan Lochte is Engaged.
- 10/10/16--12:43: Guy Ritchie to direct ALADDIN live action movie
- Guy Ritchie, stylistic director of Lock stock and two smoking barrels, The man from U.N.C.L.E. and Sherlock Holmes (to name a few) is set to direct the movie, written by John August (Big Fish, Iron Man)
- It will be a non tradional take, but keep the musical aspect of the animation
- will include Ritchie's signature non-linear style
- 10/10/16--12:43: DCTV Films Massive Crossover Event
- 10/10/16--13:47: Leaked THE DARK TOWER trailer
- 10/10/16--13:47: Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth apparently tie the knot
- 10/10/16--13:47: Planet Earth 2 trailer released
- 10/10/16--13:48: Jon Voight Goes on Twitter Rant in Defense of Donald Trump
Leading Polish filmmaker Andrzej Wajda dies at 90 https://t.co/VpPeaBtZcR— TIME (@TIME) 10 października 2016
* Andrzej Wajda has died at the age of 90
* he died in hospital of lung failure after being put into a medically induced coma in recent days
* Last year he directed Powidoki, which is Poland’s official entry for this year’s Academy Awards
* he made almost 40 movies ( Katyń, Ashes and Diamonds, Man of Marble etc.)
TIME: The Birth of a Nation and Nat Turner in His Own Words https://t.co/7JykyAgNty— N-Feeds (@NFeedsApp) October 9, 2016
In addition to the infamous ahistorical rape scene the article discusses the differences between the film and what happened historically. Among other things the film omits Nat Turner's belief that he was chosen by the Holy Spirit as well as the numerous murders of women and children committed during the rebellion.
Ealy will play Justin Talbot, the new producer of Great Day USA, and unfortunately for Mary Jane, he is also the man who previously got her fired from CNN
He was approached directly by his friend Union to consider taking on the role.
Paris Jackson’s boyfriend’s controversial Confederate flag tattoo has gone up in flames.
Over the weekend, tattoo artist Justin Lewis’ Instagram account revealed 26 year old musician Michael Snoddy had the offending ink covered up with curling flames (and added a cigarette to the cackling skull above).
“Cover up on my buddy @michaelsnoddy love ya brother,” Lewis captioned a before-and-after image of the 26-year-old tattoo.
Snoddy has defended his love of the Confederate flag by stating it's simply about southern pride and nothing more. He has multiple pictures on Instagram shamelessly displaying the flag. In the past he's claimed he couldn't be racist or else he "wouldn't be dating a black girl".
Snoddy was also caught using the n-word several times on his Twitter account.
The tweets, dating from 2009 to 2011, feature repeated use of the word n***** and resurfaced following the earlier allegation.
"@lolmattd hooked us n***** up at 'The S***'!!!" reads one post.
In 2011 he tweeted: "Thirsty thursday with the n*****".
"put your hood up n****, put your hood up!!!!," was another.
Shailene Woodley, clay and bone broth eating enthusiast, was arrested this morning during a peaceful protest of the Dakota Access Pipeline. Shailene and around 100 other protestors were arrested for protesting after engaging in protest on a construction site. The Dakota Access Pipeline is set to be built on Standing Rock Sioux land and burial grounds.
Guess what, ONTD? I have my eyes set on a new movie after Floptastic Flop:
Did you know that the Power Rangers movie was originally supposed to be released July 22, 2016? Did you know it was pushed back to January 13, 2017? But isn't the release date is March 24, 2017? Yes, that means it got pushed back twice.
The title was originally: "It's less than 6 months before the release date and there is no trailer", but
Who is this movie appealing to? For example, the only reason Pixar continues to make Cars movies is because the toy sales make up a killing for its lower box office returns. There are going to be toys from this movie
Is this being marketed to the people who grew up watching Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers? That's debatable as this looks nothing like the TV show and won't compare to the very first Power Rangers movie. Lionsgate scrapped the script for the version that would have been an actual modern update of the original show so they don't care about your nostalgia 25-35 year olds. The only similarities are quite frankly the names and bare bones personality but then we get ALL THAT ANGST. Plus as far as we know, unless they signed non-disclosure agreements, none of the original cast were asked to cameo so the old fans looking for some real nostalgia are currently shit out of luck
There's no way this movie is going to be over PG-13 (obviously) so the question on how it handles its serious tone compared to other PG-13 movies (Fantastic Four, Batman Begins, etc) remains to be seen.
Wikipedia says the budget for the movie is $150 million but the source article says its $120 million. Advertising dollars is not mentioned so we'll stick with a range of $120-150 million budget. It will not be released in China so there's absolutely no way this movie will make $240-300 million to break even on box office returns alone. Fantastic Four was released in twice as many countries, according to IMDB, and it only made 39.9% more than its budget.
Plus this movie has some competition:
● Logan is being released on March 3. That's 3 weeks before Power Rangers. If Logan is good and has legs like Deadpool, that will take some of the 17+ crowd away from Power Rangers.
● Kong: Skull Island is being released on March 10. That's 2 weeks before Power Rangers. I'm going to say King Kong is more well known than Power Rangers based on it still being a thing after 83 years. This could have some legs.
● Beauty and the Beast is being released on March 17. That's just 1 week before Power Rangers. This movie is obviously targeted towards Families and girls. Cinderella made $201.2 million in America. This movie could do similar numbers. This movie won't take away the male demographic like the previous two movies can and probably will but ask yourself this: After watching the teaser trailer for Power Rangers do you think it appeals to girls? I don't think really think so
● King Arthur: Legend of the Sword is being released the same day. That's some competition for the male demographic.
● Ghost in the Shell is being released 1 week after. Will curious minds see the movie to see how
The biggest factor of all is word of mouth and reviews. This is what killed Fantastic Four. This could ultimately kill the Power Rangers movie. We'll see how the screenings/premiere plays out.
So Good Luck, Lionsgate, I
@Uptomyknees i know this is bold here. but new power rangers trailer looks like chronicle. lionsgate stole some story.— Parris Watkins (@superparris28) October 9, 2016
Yeah, it appears they hired the writer of Chronicle and he wrote a Power Rangers movie, so they fired him and made Chronicle instead. https://t.co/F8lVEJqoU5— Max Landis (@Uptomyknees) October 9, 2016
Did anyone think this didn't look like Chronicle? I mean they go to some rocky place and discover some alien objects that gives them actual super powers? Their suits look like something from Iron Man and their morph should remind you of Venom. Not to mention the Red Ranger's mirror stare down looked exactly like Spider-man 1. Why stop there? Breakfast Club misfits come together and become friends.
1. They could done better with the casting. The Red and Pink Rangers are pretty basic (and Red Ranger looks like Zac Efron). Ludi should have been the Red Ranger after watching the teaser, IMO because he is gorgeous. Obligatory, they changed Rita from an Asian person to a white one.
2. The last Power Rangers movie (Turbo) did very badly in theaters but no one is or was checking for it anyway.
3. You shouldn't be giving Saban any of your money to be honest. Why? See Power Rangers Super Megaforce: Legendary Battle. They completely over invited Rangers to participate and turned many away who wanted to return. Then they offered little money for a trip across the world for what was less than 5 minutes of screen time. That episode was terrible and was such an F You because it should have been better and they admitted it but GREED. Plus we aren't getting this. My nostalgia dollars are going to remain in my pocket because this movie doesn't cut it.
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
ONTD, remember when you said Fantastic Four wasn't going to flop? What excuse will you make when Power Rangers flops? Will it be the same excuse?
ryanlochte Memories forever!!! #thelochtes #LA
Ryan Lochte, 33, is engaged to model girlfriend, Kayla Rae Reid, 25. The couple met in January 2016 in a Hollywood nightclub.
kaylaraereid Speechless. Absolutely beautiful.
So in love with YOU. ❤️
In an interview with CBS Sunday Morning, Celine Dion, 48, admits that late husband Rene Angelil was the only man she has ever kissed. The couple met when she was 12 years old, and he was 38.
At 6:02 in the video, Dion says, "Before he left, it was very, very difficult for all of us,” Celine said. “For me especially, and my children, to see the man of my life die a little bit more every day. And when he left, it was kind of a relief for me that the man that I love, the only man that I kissed, the only man that I loved — yeah, I never kissed another man in my life. So the man of my life was my partner, and we were one. So when he stopped suffering, I said to myself, ‘He’s OK. And he deserves not to suffer.’"
I'm currently sitting on a plane at O'Hare airport on my way to Iowa. As you may have noticed, I’ve been encouraging folks to register to vote (and to get their friends registered). But I think it’s important to walk the walk, so I'm heading to Iowa to help people get registered to vote.
Tomorrow (Note: He posted this late last night so he's doing it today), I’ll be kicking off the day at a local park in Mt. Vernon, Iowa, then will be stopping in at coffee houses in various cities. If you're an Iowan (or even adjacent to Iowa), come get registered to vote and join me for a cup of coffee! Here's my schedule (all times are subject to change because, as you well know, traffic in Iowa can be brutal):
10 AM-10:45 AM Memorial Park Gazebo
(First Street NW, Mount Vernon, Mt. Vernon, IA)
11:15AM -12:00PM Blue Strawberry
(118 2nd St SE #100, Cedar Rapids, IA)
2:00 PM -2:45 PM Smokey Row
(639 Franklin Street, Pella, IA)
3:45-4:30 Mars Cafe
(2318 University Avenue, Des Moines, IA)
I'll be campaigning for Hillary and encouraging Iowans to volunteer for her campaign while I'm on this tour, and I hope you'll join me in supporting her to become the first woman President in US history. It's imperative that we don't hand someone as unhinged and divisive as Trump the keys to the Oval Office. No matter where you are in the US, please make sure you're registered to vote. Don't let your voice be left out of the conversation.
Please comment below. I welcome a dialogue and I will be responding as I can to questions, criticisms, diatribes and compliments. Oh, and one more thing: with any chance that a prejudiced, misogynistic, narcissist like Donald Trump could take the Oval Office, I think it’s crucial we not lodge 3rd-party “protest votes” at this moment. It would be great if we had more choices in American politics, but this is not the moment to launch that fight. Hillary has my vote.
See you tomorrow, Iowa!
Earlier in the year Misha attended a Trump rally to interview some of his supporters. He ended up describing the rally as one of the scariest things that he's ever witnessed and drew comparisons between Trump and Hitler.
In bonus Trump fuckery...
She has since unliked the tweet and it has been deemed an accident by a member of her staff.
Source 1, 2 and 3
The video is long but it's worth a watch. He talks a lot about the language that Trump uses to get people fired up but that he has no actual policies and also about his experiences in the white house with Hillary. Also this is mostly an excuse to continue ranting about all this fuckery.
amberrosetamblyn I need to tell you a story. With the love and support of my husband, I've decided to share it publicly.
A very long time ago I ended a long emotionally and physically abusive relationship with a man I had been with for some time. One night I was at a show with a couple girlfriends in Hollywood, listening to a DJ we all loved. I knew there was a chance my ex could show up, but I felt protected with my girls around me. Without going into all the of the details, I will tell you that my ex did show up, and came up to me in the crowd. He's a big guy, taller than me. The minute he saw me, he picked me up with one hand by my hair and with his other hand, he grabbed me under my skirt by my vagina— my pussy?— and lifted me up off the floor, literally, and carried me, like something he owned, like a piece of trash, out of the club. His fingers were practically inside of me, his other hand wrapped tightly around my hair. I screamed and kicked and cried. He carried me this way, suspended by his hands, all the way across the room, pushing past people until he got to the front door. My friends ran after him, trying to stop him. We got to the front door and I thank God his brothers were also there and intervened. In the scuffle he grabbed at my clothes, trying to hold onto me, screaming at me, and inadvertently ripped off my grandmother’s necklace, which I was wearing. The rest of this night is a blur I do not remember. How I got out to the car. How I got away from him that night. I never returned for my necklace either.
That part of my body, which the current Presidential Nominee of the United States Donald Trump recently described as something he’d like to grab a woman by, was bruised from my ex-boyfriend's violence for at least the next week. I had a hard time wearing jeans. I couldn’t sleep without a pillow between my legs to create space.
To this day I remember that moment. I remember the shame. I am afraid my mom will read this post. I'm even more afraid that my father could ever know this story. That it would break his heart. I couldn't take that. But you understand, don't you? I needed to tell a story. Enjoy the debates tonight.
An early draft of 'The Legend of Mulan' centers the story around a white hero who falls for - and saves - Mulan. https://t.co/TveNOdL7Lx— Angry Asian Man (@angryasianman) October 10, 2016
@angryasianman I can back you up on what you’re saying. I confirm everything you said about that draft.— Joel de la Fuente (@joeldelafuente) October 10, 2016
- Script suggests the male hero is a 30 something European trader
- He decides to help Mulan after falling for her
- He fights to protect her and saves China
- Even if the draft was scraped people are outraged it existed
This better not be true.
She told U.S. breakfast show Today, "I start directing my episode of Orange in about a week and a half... Talk about a challenge! I'm really excited about it. That's something I've wanted to do for a long time, and I'm getting my shot this show...
"It's gonna be great. Everyone's so supportive, and I've directed myself before so that'll be fine... I can't wait."
who would be your dream Aladdin cast, ONTD?
Long day. Great day. pic.twitter.com/rCS70L5QDZ— Stephen Amell (@StephenAmell) September 29, 2016
The sun in shining 🌞 weather is sweet🍦make you wanna move 💃 your superhero feet 💥 pic.twitter.com/4WWc6QuHxg— Caity Lotz (@caitylotz) October 3, 2016
Whaaaaa!? pic.twitter.com/mXFD15yAgV— Caity Lotz (@caitylotz) October 5, 2016
-Villains: The Dominators, part of an alien empire called Dominion, a society that's status is denoted by the size of a red circle on their foreheads. (past post)
-Who is Back: (Arrow 100, which takes place during the crossover) Katie Cassidy, Susanna Thompson, Jamey Sheridan. If Katie Cassidy will appear anywhere else outside of the Arrow episode in the crossover is not yet known. (past post)
-Supergirl kicks off the event, but it doesn't seem like characters from the other 3 shows will appear in her episode.
Are you excited for the crossover, ONTD?
sources: BrandonR Insta / BR2 / CaityL Insta / CL2 / CL3 / CL4 / CL5 / CL6 / CaityL Twitter / CL T2 / ChylerL Insta / CandiceP Insta / DavidH Insta / DavidR Insta / DanielleP Insta / EchoK Insta / EK2 / GrantG Insta / GG2 / GG3 / GG4 / JohnB Twitter / MaisieRS Insta / MehcadB Insta / PaulB Insta / StephenA Insta / SA2 / StephenA Twitter / SA Twitter / WillaH Insta / WH2 / WH3
Space mom accused Drumpf of being a coke addict when a fan asked her about the sniffling on Twitter.
“Tell me something about that sniffle...coke head or no?” the fan tweeted.
"I'm an expert & ABSOLUTELY" the former cocaine addict but now actual inspirational queen answered.
Trump spent 95% of the second debate sniffling and the other 5% complaining how the world is against him.
if carrie fisher says it, it must be true
Source and the tweet
They were married in Vegas today by an Elvis impersonator and the entire wedding was livestreamed on TMZ. Real wedding or more Shia "performance art"? Who knows.
-Last year, when Daniel Craig was asked if he would rather do another Bond film he said that he'd "slash my wrists" and "wants to move on".
-However, he now seems to have bactracked and says he willing to do more Bond films, after all:
"As far as I'm concerned, I've got the best job in the world. I'll keep doing it as long as I still get a kick out of it. If I were to stop doing it, I would miss it terribly," he said at the New Yorker Festival on Friday.
-He has been offered $150 million to sign on for two more Bond films.
The BBC have released a trailer for the upcoming Planet Earth 2 series, which follows on from the hugely successful Planet Earth series released back in 2006. Narrated once again by the British national treasure, Sir David Attenborough, the new series features 6 episodes and includes a whole episode dedicated to animals living in urban areas. The show is due to air November 2016.
Radio Times article
I am so ashamed of my fellow actor Bobby DeNiro's rant against Donald Trump. What foul words he used against a presidential nominee. cont'd— Jon Voight (@jonvoight) October 8, 2016
who has worked harder then any other man I know in the past year and a half to get a good message to the American people. cont'd..— Jon Voight (@jonvoight) October 8, 2016
I don't know of too many men who haven't expressed some sort of similar sexual terms toward women, especially in their younger years. cont'd— Jon Voight (@jonvoight) October 8, 2016
Donald Trump's words were not as damaging as Robert DeNiro's ugly rant. Trump's words did not hurt anyone. Can you imagine. cont'd— Jon Voight (@jonvoight) October 8, 2016
if any Republican said words like Robert DeNiro used - against Hilary Clinton or Barack Obama? All hell would break loose. cont'd— Jon Voight (@jonvoight) October 8, 2016
I am calling for all Trump supporters to express their outrage and anger against DeNiro and all of the Republican turncoats cont'd— Jon Voight (@jonvoight) October 8, 2016
against Trump. Let Donald Trump know we are completely behind him, and may God give him the strength to continue his calling.— Jon Voight (@jonvoight) October 8, 2016