- Director Matthew Vaughn is planning to shoot the sequel next April even though there's no final script yet
- However, Taron Egerton who plays Eggsy in the first movie had nabbed a lead role in Robin Hood: Origin which starts shooting in February
- Usually the actor's rep could manage the scheduling problem but it'll be up to the studios. Insiders do believe it'll work out for Taron, though
- Mark Millar, writer of the original comic book:
“That's the conversation everyone's having right now, because part of what made that movie work is Colin. Colin's fantastic, it was a two-hander, that film. You also want to have the integrity of the story, so if you are bringing him back, it has to make sense. That's where it is at at the moment. Beats of the story have been done. [Screenplay co-writers] Matthew [Vaughn] and Jane [Goldman] are working on it at the moment. Some things have to be worked out, some decisions have still to be made and everything, so it's all fairly amorphous, but all going well.”
- back in February, Vaughn hinted that Firth only died in a wide-angle shot and audience never saw his funeral.
- he said people are upset that Firth might not be in the sequel but he's coming up with ideas at the moment and will figure out how to have him back.
Source: 1, 2
I hope Taron would stick to the sequel tbh. Aaaaand I hope Vaughn sticks to his word in making Merlin gay in the sequel