EXCLUSIVE: Johnny Depp launched an investigation into Hollywood 'Peeping Tom' http://t.co/jdjaXLWPgC— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) August 28, 2015
- Depp began his own private investigation into assistant director Kevin Thomas Roy, whom he worked with on a film when he suspected him to be a voyeur who spied on actresses using hidden cameras.
- The Hollywood superstar had his security detail look into Roy’s past during the 2010 movie shoot, but the investigative team was forced to drop the issue when their criminal records search came up empty, that changed recently after Roy’s now-ex-wife went to the police after finding the hard drive containing the videos and photographs and turned them over to investigators.
- According to an L.A. County District Attorney’s search warrant obtained by Jezebel last month, Roy was accused of filming unsuspecting women in at least five states.
- The warrant further alleges that Roy had a hard drive containing 40 videos and more than 400 photographs of women taken by hidden cameras stashed in dressing rooms, bathrooms, etc.
- Roy worked with a long list of Hollywood actresses that includes Penelope Cruz, Scarlett Johansson, Amber Heard, Judi Dench, Olivia Munn, and Olga Kurylenko.
- Lionsgate has since fired Roy from from the set of the upcoming film Allegiant, which stars Shailene Woodley.