- "Calum has perfect the lost art of using his pick to get the real grit out of the string of the bass, and Ashton took time to study the technique of playing drums, which most drummers don't typically do," Feldmann says. "I am constantly impressed by their strong work ethic in the studio. It's wouldn't sound like 5SOS without each of them. Michael has his dark, emo side, whereas Luke has this really pop-punk hooky sound of guitar playing. When you put them together, they really complement each other."
- New album has a more mature statement compared to their debut album which was written when they were between the ages 16-18.
- "The first thing we realized as a band when we started writing songs at 15, 16," recalls Irwin, "is that you can write a song, but to write a real song that's from your heart, and that really connects with you emotionally and spiritually, that takes time."
- Mitra Darab, Capitol's Senior Vice President of Marketing thinks that they have One Direction potential and that they paved a new lane for this generation for punk bands.
- People who have helped write for 'Sounds Good Feels Good' include members of Good Charlotte, All Time Low, Sum 41, John Feldmann, Bonnie McKee, among others.
- They were suppose to write with Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crüe fame but there were scheduling issues.
- They've helped inspire other artists such as All Time Low enlisting John Feldmann for their album, 'Future Hearts.
- They wrote and recorded on the beach and Bonnie McKee held weird therapy sessions for Ashton.
are you ready for this generation's punk bands, ontd?
ps what does it take for a 5sos tag?!!