Articles on this Page
- 05/09/17--07:56: _Jimmy Kimmel on Res...
- 05/09/17--08:30: _Rosewood cancelled ...
- 05/09/17--08:33: _The British Book Aw...
- 05/09/17--08:49: _Guest Host Kristen ...
- 05/09/17--08:49: _Orange is the New B...
- 05/09/17--08:50: _Antonio Sabato Jr. ...
- 05/09/17--09:04: _POP EMERGENCY!!! Al...
- 05/09/17--09:04: _The View talks abou...
- 05/09/17--09:04: _ONTD Roundup
- 05/09/17--10:16: _Dance Moms star Abb...
- 05/09/17--10:17: _Harry Styles writes...
- 05/09/17--10:19: _13 Reasons Why: Bra...
- 05/08/17--17:32: _NBC orders "A.P. Bi...
- 05/08/17--17:33: _Liam Hemsworth To M...
- 05/08/17--18:29: _Watch Conrad Hilton...
- 05/08/17--18:30: _Richard Simmons acc...
- 05/08/17--18:44: _Some Of The One Tre...
- 05/08/17--18:45: _Supergirl 2x21 Promo
- 05/08/17--18:46: _BREAKING: Kristen S...
- 05/08/17--19:16: _Who went home on DW...
- 05/09/17--08:30: Rosewood cancelled by FOX
- 05/09/17--08:33: The British Book Awards 2017 winners are here!
- 05/09/17--08:49: Guest Host Kristen Bell Interviews Charlie Hunnam
- 05/09/17--08:49: Orange is the New Black | Season 5 Official Trailer | Netflix
- 05/09/17--08:50: Antonio Sabato Jr. is running for congress
- Filed paperwork to beging fundraising
- The seat he's running for is currently held by Democrat Julia Brownley
- Sabato was a speaker at last year's
- 05/09/17--09:04: ONTD Roundup
- Pitbull, J Balvin, Camila Cabello Perform "Hey Ma" at 2017 MTV Movie & TV Awards
- Katy Perry on If New Album Will Have A Response to 'Bad Blood'
- Harry Styles shares Sign of the Times video
- Caitlyn Jenner on transitioning: ‘It was hard giving old Bruce up. He still lives inside me’
- Watch Conrad Hilton Unload Racist, Homophobic Rant During Arrest
- Liam Hemsworth To Miley: Don't Call Me A "Straight Dude"
- Celebs React to Political News: Sally Yates Owns Trump-Russia Hearing + Expanded War In Afghanistan?
- Filipino Model, Lily Maymac's past tweets come to light, revealed to be self-hating/white worshipper
- Jennifer Morrison leaving Once Upon a Time
- Bristol Palin welcomes baby #3
- ONTD Original: Celebrities share creepy stories
- Yesterday's ONTD Roundup
- 05/09/17--10:17: Harry Styles writes a song about Taylor Swift
- 05/09/17--10:19: 13 Reasons Why: Brand New Details About Season 2 Revealed
- 05/08/17--17:33: Liam Hemsworth To Miley: Don't Call Me A "Straight Dude"
- Speaking to Billboard, Miley said: ‘I always get in trouble for generalizing straight men, ’cause straight men can be my worst nightmare sometimes.‘And I’m with a straight dude. But he’s always like, “Well, don’t call me that!”’
- She continued:‘I ask him sometimes, “Do you like being a boy?” And he’s like, “I don’t really think about it.” And that’s crazy to me, because I think about being a girl all the time.I’m always like, “It’s weird that I’m a girl, because I just don’t feel like a girl, and I don’t feel like a boy. I just feel like nothing.” So when someone’s too masculine, that really grosses me out.’
- 05/08/17--18:29: Watch Conrad Hilton Unload Racist, Homophobic Rant During Arrest
- 05/08/17--18:30: Richard Simmons accuses former assistant of blackmail
- 05/08/17--18:44: Some Of The One Tree Hill Cast Reunited This Weekend
- 05/08/17--18:45: Supergirl 2x21 Promo
- 05/08/17--18:46: BREAKING: Kristen Stewart is EDGY!!!
- 05/08/17--19:16: Who went home on DWTS? 24x08
*Jimmy returned to his talk show last night after a week off to spend with his family following his son's birth and heart surgery.
*Talks about how his son is doing post surgery
*Responds to some of the critics like Newt Gingrich who said Jimmy was misrepresenting the effect of pre-existing conditions on ability to get care.
*Senator Bill Cassidy (a Republican from Louisiana) shows up to talk about the health care debate.
Caption: I am very grateful about the part that everyone took in Rosewood's journey, because everyone was truly an integral part; the writers who crafted great story-lines, the actors who brought these stories to life, the production crew who sustained the show's infrastructure, and the terrific fans who embraced this phenomenon and became just as much a part of Rosewood as anyone else.
FOX provided a platform for a show that made strides in diversity and the images it
projected, as all-inclusive. We were able to peer into the lives of characters who displayed their hopes, dreams, courage and fears. Rosewood also helped reinforce a newer definition of Family, as a group of people who most care for and support one another.
The Rosewood family, itself was an Extremely Special group of people who’ll be friends forever.
This is not only a part of the industry, it's a part of life. When one door closes, two more can open... Thank you all for your continued #onelove and support. See you back on the screen soon. Big and Small. #PEACE - MC
Caption: Today is a special day. Today I say goodbye to my very first show, Rosewood.
I say goodbye to Detective Annalise Villa. Damn, I'm gonna miss that woman.
To my partner in crime/the guy who mentored me and showed me the ropes on set. The beautiful Morris Chestnut, and when I say beautiful, I mean his HEART, his SOUL. He is the most selfless person I think I've ever met. Kind and gracious.
Our rock. Our captain.
5 days a week, 14 hours a day, he became one of my best-friends.
Love you, Morrisito.
The cast...you're my family.
To all the hardworking crew and writers... you showed me what "movie magic" was really made out of. It's created on the backs of your hard work.
Last but not least, this show and it's incredible characters were created by Todd Harthan. This guy said yes when everyone else told me no, and it has changed my life forever. I adore you. 💙
Gotta give a shoutout to all the fans who have supported and loved us from day 1. The love you expressed via social media for the characters and the story is something we will cherish forever.
Love u all!
source 1, 2
The winners of the British Book Awards (the Nibbies) were announced yesterday, 8th May.
The smash hit The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry (also nominated for the Bailey's, Costa and Wellcome awards) won the Overall Book of the Year AND Fiction Book of the Year, beating Man Booker Prize winner The Sellout, by Paul Beatty.
The script for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, while it lost Children's Book of the Year, won Bestseller of the Year. JK Rowling was also given an Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Book Trade.
The winner of Children's Book of the Year was the mega-success The Girl of Ink and Stars, by Kiran Millwood Hargrave, which also won Waterstone's Children's Book Prize and was shortlisted for a Carnegie medal.
Here are all the nominees and a summary of the winners:
WINNER: The Essex Serpent, by Sarah Perry
(ALSO WINNER OF Overall Book of the Year)
Set in Victorian London and an Essex village in the 1890's, and enlivened by the debates on scientific and medical discovery which defined the era, The Essex Serpent has at its heart the story of two extraordinary people who fall for each other, but not in the usual way. Cora Seaborne is a well-to-do London widow who moves to the Essex parish of Aldwinter, and Will Ransome is the local vicar. They meet as their village is engulfed by rumours that the mythical Essex Serpent, once said to roam the marshes claiming human lives, has returned. Cora, a keen amateur naturalist is enthralled, convinced the beast may be a real undiscovered species. But Will sees his parishioners' agitation as a moral panic, a deviation from true faith. Although they can agree on absolutely nothing, as the seasons turn around them in this quiet corner of England, they find themselves inexorably drawn together and torn apart.
WINNER: What Belongs to You, by Garth Greenwell
On an unseasonably warm autumn day, an American teacher enters a public bathroom beneath Sofia’s National Palace of Culture. There he meets Mitko, a charismatic young hustler, and pays him for sex. He returns to Mitko again and again over the next few months, drawn by hunger and loneliness and risk, and finds himself ensnared in a relationship in which lust leads to mutual predation, and tenderness can transform into violence. As he struggles to reconcile his longing with the anguish it creates, he’s forced to grapple with his own fraught history, the world of his southern childhood where to be queer was to be a pariah. There are unnerving similarities between his past and the foreign country he finds himself in, a country whose geography and griefs he discovers as he learns more of Mitko’s own narrative, his private history of illness, exploitation, and want.
WINNER: Dodgers, by Bill Beverly
Dodgers is the story of a young LA gang member named East, who is sent by his uncle along with some other teenage boys—including East's hothead younger brother—to kill a key witness hiding out in Wisconsin. The journey takes East out of a city he's never left and into an America that is entirely alien to him, ultimately forcing him to grapple with his place in the world and decide what kind of man he wants to become.
WINNER: The Girl of Ink and Stars, by Kiran Millwood Hargrave
Forbidden to leave her island, Isabella Riosse dreams of the faraway lands her father once mapped.
When her closest friend disappears into the island’s Forgotten Territories, she volunteers to guide the search. As a cartographer’s daughter, she’s equipped with elaborate ink maps and knowledge of the stars, and is eager to navigate the island’s forgotten heart.
But the world beyond the walls is a monster-filled wasteland – and beneath the dry rivers and smoking mountains, a legendary fire demon is stirring from its sleep. Soon, following her map, her heart and an ancient myth, Isabella discovers the true end of her journey: to save the island itself.
WINNER: East West Street: On the Origins of Genocide and Crimes Against Humanity, by Philippe Sands
Part historical detective story, part family history, part legal thriller, Philippe Sands guides us between past and present as several interconnected stories unfold in parallel. The first is the hidden story of two Nuremberg prosecutors who discover, only at the end of the trial, that the man they are prosecuting may be responsible for the murder of their entire families in Nazi-occupied Poland, in and around Lviv. The two prosecutors, Hersch Lauterpacht and Rafael Lemkin, were remarkable men, whose efforts led to the inclusion of the terms 'crimes against humanity' and 'genocide' in the judgement at Nuremberg. The defendant, Hans Frank, Hitler's personal lawyer and Governor-General of Nazi-occupied Poland, turns out to be an equally compelling character.
The lives of these three men lead Sands to a more personal story, as he traces the events that overwhelmed his mother's family in Lviv and Vienna during the Second World War. At the heart of this book is an equally personal quest to understand the roots of international law and the concepts that have dominated Sands' work as a lawyer. Eventually, he finds unexpected answers to his questions about his family, in this powerful meditation on the way memory, crime and guilt leave scars across generations, and the haunting gaps left by the secrets of others.
WINNER: Hello, Is This Planet Earth?, by Tim Peake
Hello, is this planet Earth? takes readers on a mesmerizing tour of astronaut Tim Peake’s historic and inspirational six-month Principia mission. Based on over 150 of Tim’s stunning photographs that he took on board the international space station, many of which have not been seen before, this lavish collection showcases the beauty of earth from above, and is the perfect visual time capsule of Tim’s remarkable trip, which captured the imaginations of millions of children and adults across the world.
have you read any of these, ONTD? do you plan to? what are you reading?
Charlie promotes his latest movie King Arthur: Legend of Sword. Talks about his high school heartbreak, a harrowing motorcycle experience, how he came to own his cat and his intense workout regimen.
Stand Up. Orange is the New Black returns with Season 5 on June 9. All episodes only on Netflix.
ONTD, would you ever run for public office?
Alisan Porter, who was a part of #TeamChristina when she won on Season 10 of The Voice, was recently asked by Access Hollywood on whether or not she still keeps in contact with Xtina. She confirms that she was with Christina at her house, then teases X6 with the response, "it's too much, it's too good, it's too crazy, she's ridiculous!"
• Discussed Xtina's new project, "we bond on so many different levels", and also stans her "down-to-earth" personality
• "I know she's working diligently on her project, which... is mindblowing. And I'm so excited for her to release this record when she's ready. It's gonna be crazy."
• Says it's "authentic Christina; everything you want from Christina, you're getting."
Gilbert Saldivar, one of Xtina's dancers, hinted X6 on Instagram, stating, "New Era be Patient.... it's coming!"
His post, which is now private, is being shared and discussed on several Xtina fan forums and fans are freaking out.
If you're a Christina Aguilera fan, you probably know better than to hold your breath for this. However, earlier this year, Christina announced that a new album was coming in 2017 as she exited the stage.
Christina telling the crowd "New album out in 2017!!" as she exits the stage! pic.twitter.com/iqMGixKXoi— Christina Aguilera (@xtinaNOW) February 23, 2017
Today's hosts: Joy Behar, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin, Jedediah Bila and Whoopi Goldberg
Today's 🔥 topics:
It's the Tuesday after Former Acting Attorney General Sally Yates and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper testified at a Senate Judiciary subcommittee hearing concerning Russian interference in the 2016 Presidential Election. The View chimes in on what they learned from it. Sunny brings up witness tampering on Sally via Twitter. Jed thinks they ruined themselves when they got Pence saying stuff that came from Flynn. Jed thinks Pence is not stupid, but people can disagree on that matter.
Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice graces the panel to talk about North Korea,
45's administration, and the role of Russia in the 2016 Presidential Election. She thinks that H.R. McMaster is doing his job properly. Madam Secretary is on a press tour for her new book "Democracy."
For Monday, May 8, 2017:
-Abby Lee Miller was sentenced in bankruptcy fraud case, receiving 1 year and 1 day in federal prison followed by 2 years supervised release
-Also fined $40k and ordered to pay a $120k judgement
-"Sources" say she'll probably serve 10 months in prison
-Miller starred on the reality show Dance Moms for 7 seasons
Same lips red, same eyes blue
Same white shirt, couple more tattoos,
But it's not you, and it's not me,
Tastes so sweet, looks so real,
Sounds like something that I used to feel,
But I can't touch what I see
We're not who we used to be
We're not who we used to be
We're just two ghosts standing in....
• Season 2 will pick up a few months after the end of Season 1
• It will deal heavily with teen misogyny
• Hannah's parents will go to court
• Jessica's rape recovery will feature prominently
• There will still be multiple timelines
• Hannah will no longer be the voice over. A different actor or actors will take over
• Cassettes will be replaced by a different "ancient" technology
• Cliffhangers about Alex, Tyler and Bryce will all be answered
A.P. Bio stars It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia co-lead Glenn Howerton as a philosophy scholar who loses out on his dream job and goes to work as a high school Advanced Placement biology teacher but he makes it clear he will not be teaching any biology. Realizing he has a room full of honor roll students at his disposal, he decides instead to use the kids to his own benefit.
Conrad Hilton Unleashes Homophobic Tirade on Cops During Arrest at E.G. Daily's House (VIDEO) https://t.co/7mc96dlFsi— TMZ (@TMZ) May 8, 2017
Conrad Hilton unleashed his rant to the police as he was being arrested Saturday for grand theft auto after allegedly stealing Rick Salomon's (some poker player) Bentley and driving it to his ex-girlfriend's house.
In it he screams at police "You fucking faggot. You just touched my dick you fucking faggot! That's why I hate you! I don't give a fuck, I'm tired of being raped...(??) it's clean as your asshole, not very clean fucking faggot." He also used the n-word against police but they muted it out.
He ends with "I'm Conrad mother fucking Hilton, don't you forget it!" We won't now henny.
following in his sister's footsteps ic
Richard Simmons Accuses Former Assistant of Blackmail in Bombshell Lawsuit https://t.co/4nUMX6fBKo— People Magazine (@people) May 8, 2017
- Richard Simmons, who's "disappeared" since 2014, filed a lawsuit against National Enquirer and Radar Online earlier this week
- accused his former assistant Mauro Oliveira of selling false information to these tabloids
- Mr. Oliveira allegedly offered tabloids false info on Simmons' disappearance for a few (including being taken hostage by his housekeeper and was transitioning to a female)
A convention company hosted a One Tree Hill convention this weekend in Wilmington (where the show was filmed), causing some of the cast to reunite and post about it on social media.
ONTD, are you nostalgic for past moments in your life?
Favourite/least favourite moments + episodes?
James actually got a plot tonight! I was happy to see that. It also looks like Calista will be in next week's episode.
Kristen Stewart is almost done filming the thriller "Underwater" in NOLA. She and Stella Maxwell are allegedly living togeter.
Don't worry, in case you thought that Kristen is a mature young artist, she would like to remind you how much of a fuck she does not give. Kstew, Stella Maxwell, and Lily Aldridge were hanging out playing pool. Kristen def wasn't being basic... she showed that she is still totally edgy by giving the Miley Cyrus tongue 'n' finger pose.
SOURCE and SOURCE.
Bonner and Sharna
Rashad and Emma
Bonner and Sharna
Me & my TV
Pictures from DWTS Facebook Page
All the dances can be viewed here
Good God, Bonner's "can I pop you guys on the butt?" thing...glad Sharna shut him down. She deserves so much better than this gross country boy who can't dance.