Articles on this Page
- 02/24/17--11:52: _Oprah Winfrey expla...
- 02/24/17--12:07: _ 8(4) Famous Actors...
- 02/24/17--12:15: _Cress Williams Set ...
- 02/24/17--12:21: _The View with Howie...
- 02/24/17--12:30: _Marie Claire on Cas...
- 02/24/17--12:51: _Only one woman was ...
- 02/24/17--12:57: _New Music Video: Al...
- 02/24/17--13:00: _Rolling Stone Ranks...
- 02/24/17--13:21: _Emotion by Carly Ra...
- 02/24/17--13:31: _Every Oscar Winner ...
- 02/24/17--13:33: _The Clooneys at the...
- 02/24/17--14:26: _Diane Kruger and No...
- 02/24/17--14:33: _The Voice coaches, ...
- 02/24/17--14:39: _The first Flash ret...
- 02/24/17--14:39: _Kim makes the same ...
- 02/24/17--14:53: _Tinashe to perform ...
- 02/24/17--15:07: _Annette O’Toole Tal...
- 02/24/17--15:19: _Black Sails: 405 Cl...
- 02/24/17--15:20: _2017 César Award wi...
- 02/24/17--15:41: _Did Nicki Minaj com...
- 02/24/17--11:52: Oprah Winfrey explains why she 'didn't want babies'
- 02/24/17--12:07: 8(4) Famous Actors Who Have Literally Never Been Good In A Movie
- 02/24/17--12:15: Cress Williams Set as 'Black Lightning' for The CW's DC Drama
- 02/24/17--12:21: The View with Howie Mandel talks about Bannon/Priebus bromance
- 02/24/17--12:57: New Music Video: Alaska Thunderfuck ft. Gia Gunn - "Stun"
- 02/24/17--13:00: Rolling Stone Ranks All Best Actor Oscar-Winners Since 2000
- 02/24/17--13:31: Every Oscar Winner For Best Cinematography. Ever.
- 02/24/17--13:33: The Clooneys at the Cesar Film Awards
- 02/24/17--14:26: Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Unloading Groceries In New York
- 02/24/17--14:39: The first Flash returning to DC Comics
- 02/24/17--15:07: Annette O’Toole Talks Stephen King’s It
- 02/24/17--15:19: Black Sails: 405 Clips - Is the best ship getting resurrected?
- 02/24/17--15:41: Did Nicki Minaj come for Remy Ma on "Make Love"?
her work with the boarding school
"It is more rewarding than I would ever have imagined. I was doing this to help them, but it has brought a light to my life that I can’t explain. For me it was perfect, because I didn’t want babies. I wouldn’t have been a good mum for babies. I don’t have the patience. I have the patience for puppies, but that’s a quick stage! But this is so rewarding."
"When people were pressuring me to get married and have children, I knew I was not going to be a person that ever regretted not having them, because I feel like I am a mother to the world’s children. Love knows no boundaries."
in 2013 in an old interview
"If I had kids, my kids would hate me."
"They would have ended up on the equivalent of the 'Oprah' show talking about me because something [in my life] would have had to suffer and it would've probably been them,"
her life-long battle with weight and food.
"[My weight] has been the go-to comfort for me. You use it as your coat and your shield, and it keeps you from doing things. You don’t have to go to that party because you don’t have a dress to wear and nothing is going to fit you. But the wonderful thing for me is that I reached a point where I no longer wanted to hide,"
Do you want to have babies ONTD ? And Why ?
8. Ashton Kutcher
4. Megan Fox
3. Jared Padalecki
2. Jennifer Love Hewitt
Let's Be Real, this list is missing Kristen Stewart
Cress Williams will return to the network with the starring role in Greg Berlanti's latest DC Comics drama Black Lightning.
Today's hosts: Joy Behar, Sara Haines, Sara Haines, Jedediah Bila, Howie Mandel (Guy Friday co-host)
Today's HOT topics:
Are Steve Bannon and Reince Priebus work buddies?
Howie Mandel wants Nick Cannon to come back on America's Got Talent
Guest Breitbart Senior Editor Joel Pollak talks about Bannon's Relationship with
SOURCE:1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Marie Claire breaks down the following arguments people use to justify giving Casey Affleck a (white) pass and explains why it's not ok. There are more detailed answers at the SOURCE that are worth reading.
"It started with my spontaneous Instagram of Casey Affleck. He was on a magazine cover heralded for giving one of "the year's best performances," so I posted it with the hurried caption "with all due respect—barf." Before long, people were debating Affleck's credibility in the comments, and a friend of mine (note: he's a white, liberal male) chimed in to inform mansplain to me that Affleck's recent headlines, while creepy, described mere "harassment"—not "assault."
Let's back up for a moment: Casey Affleck was hit with twin lawsuits in 2010—both from women who worked on his mockumentary I'm Still Here. They alleged that Affleck discussed his sexual exploits during filming, forced a crew member to flash his genitals to them, attempted to persuade one of them to stay in his hotel room using physical force and intimidation, and crawled into bed with one of them while she was sleeping. She says she awoke to find him in his underwear, his arms around her and his hands touching her body. (Court documents are available both here and here. Affleck vehemently denied the accusations and threatened to countersue; both cases were settled out of court.)"
This doesn't sound like simple "harassment," right?
They're making a big deal out of nothing
"But why would a woman risk her career over "nothing," only to be known as a famous actor's victim?"
They could have just quit their jobs
"This reasoning—aside from being wildly unfair—completely ignores the power dynamics of Hollywood, not to mention society in general."
The timing is suspicious
To critique the timing of any woman speaking out against an abuser is to assume we know what it feels like to be ready to speak out. The most sinister thing about sexual violence is that it's so ingrained that many victims don't realize it's happening.
People think it wasn't violent
We hear this refrain a lot: "It could have been worse!" This is the Hollywood equivalent of: "It's just locker room talk."
Violence isn't just physical. It can be the intimation of something physical. Even if force isn't inflicted, it is violence to make a professional feel sexually coerced in her place of work.
"It is sadly par for the course for people to have blind spots about sexual violence, but to ignore it —especially while applauding the alleged perpetrator's professional achievements, as is the case with Affleck—is unacceptable. If we're ever going to move past this problem, we need to demand accountability. We need to ditch our blind spots and stop giving free passes to powerful (and often white) men."
Turns out his company, Affleck/Middleton Project also donated $5K to Trump so there's another reason to reconsider rewarding this guy.
SourceMods I hope this is OK given the lengthy amount of quotes and the source link appears to be outside the cut as far as I can tell.
- Of the 41 new broadcast dramas being shot this pilot season, only one hired a woman: Liz Friedlander for Las Reinas
- This is a decrease from the past couple of years. Four women were hired in 2015: Ava DuVernay (CBS’ For Justice), Sanaa Hamri (Fox’s Studio City), Coky Giedroyc (ABC’s Broad Squad), and Julie Anne Robinson (ABC’s The Catch). Two women were hired in 2016: Jennifer Getzinger (NBC’s Miranda’s Rights), and Friedlander (ABC's Conviction).
- This is also the second consecutive year that no WOC directors were hired for either drama or comedy pilots.
- Things are slightly better on the comedy side but not by much: this season, five (potentially six) comedy pilots will be spread out among three female directors. Last year, nine comedy pilots were spread out among eight female directors. This means the same, experienced female directors are going out for the same assignments, instead of new ones being given an opportunity to break out
- Numbers are similarly low for non-white male directors: this year, four were hired for drama pilots and three for comedy pilots. That's a decrease from last year, when seven were hired for dramas and three for comedies.
- Sources in the Deadline article have some possible explanations for this terrible trend: There was a push to “think outside of the white male box,” but the networks only went after established female directors who were either too busy/uninterested: Susanne Bier, Kathryn Bigelow, Elizabeth Banks. There are also less open pilot assignments, which means more and more shows already have big-time directors (who are of course white and male) attached to the pilot before it even gets greenlit
- The EEOC recently investigated Hollywood's sexist hiring practices and fount that major studios systemically discriminated against women directors. They're currently in talks for a settlement, but there's possibility of a lawsuit.
Source 1, 2
Mariah Paris Balenciaga (rise queen, rise!)
Leg double to Ms. Thunderfuck:
ready for rpdr s9, ontd?
- 16. Jean Dujardin, 'The Artist' 2011 (over: Demián Bichir - A Better Life, George Clooney - The Descendants, Gary Oldman - Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Brad Pitt - Moneyball)
- 15. Jeff Bridges, 'Crazy Heart' 2009(over: George Clooney - Up in the Air, Colin Firth - A Single Man, Morgan Freeman - Invictus, Jeremy Renner - The Hurt Locker)
- 14. Jamie Foxx, 'Ray' 2005 (over: Don Cheadle - Hotel Rwanda, Johnny Depp - Finding Neverland, Leonardo DiCaprio - The Aviator, Clint Eastwood - Million Dollar Baby)
- 13. Sean Penn, 'Mystic River' 2003 (over: Johnny Depp - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Ben Kingsley - House of Sand and Fog, Jude Law - Cold Mountain, Bill Murray - Lost in Translation)
What?! E-MO-TION went gold in South Korea! Happy happy surprise! Thank you 💋 pic.twitter.com/pcUSxvJtJN— Carly Rae Jepsen (@carlyraejepsen) February 24, 2017
I like her hair but...
1961 Winner - West Side Story
1993 Winner - Schindler's List
2001 Winner - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
2005 Winner - Memoirs of a Geisha
2012 Winner - Life of Pi
What beautiful films have you seen, ontd?
PARIS, FRANCE - FEBRUARY 24: George Clooney and Amal Clooney arrive at the Cesar Film Awards Ceremony at Salle Pleyel on February 24, 2017 in Paris, France. (Photo by Rindoff/Charriau/Getty Images)
For Diane Kruger, love is alive https://t.co/lcAVpfcHlr— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) February 24, 2017
Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus were spotted in New York unloading groceries from a vehicle. Not a figure of speech, they were really unloading groceries.
If you need a refresher, Diane was rumored to have cheated on Joshua Jackson, her boyfriend of a decade, with Norman while Joshua was filming a documentary in the Philippines. Diane and Norman's reps denied everything, but Diane and Joshua broke up in July 2016 and she has been spotted with Norman since then.
Garrick's return was teased on the last page of Flash #9 back in October, when his famous helmet was seen floating along in the Speed Force. He has not been seen since 2011 when the New 52 reboot erased him from DC's main continuity (though a younger version of the character has been a part of the company's Earth 2 book).
"The Button" begins April 19 with Batman #21.
this crossover is already iconic.
Kim this looks nasty, honey pic.twitter.com/Z7Iz62pilk— Vox Populi, Vox Dei (@Omgitstamz) February 23, 2017
No stranger to showing off her culinary skills on Snapchat, Kim posted some snaps of her cooking for Kanye the only things she knows how: Fried Chicken, rice and beans, corn bread, and banana pudding. Of course this led to Twitter dragging her.
y does Kim kardashian always feel the need to post & tell everybody anytime shes making soul food? & her corn bread looks like cum mufffins pic.twitter.com/ybkkJGoG9m— tori (@ttorrri) February 24, 2017
@KimKardashian was making chicken on her snap the other day and all that shxt looked like it was still bleeding 😂😂— Ni••a in da Pink Hat (@FuckYouPulze) February 24, 2017
I had to go see for my damn self this Kim feast of soul food😂😂😂 & I know it ain't enough seasoning on that chicken pic.twitter.com/r7NwJJJjDH— Bri' (@_BriNikole) February 24, 2017
@KimKardashian snap chat food looks Hella disgusting! Looking like I'd be on the shitter all day— ♡Mrs. Arruda♡ (@ashlokas) February 23, 2017
Someone gotta tell @KimKardashian Black folks don't just eat fried chicken wings + mac & cheese. That's beginners food anyways.— Jouelzy (@Jouelzy) February 23, 2017
Would you have a plate of Kim's soul food ONTD?
The video is blocked for people outside of the US, it seems. You might need to use a VPN plugin.
The full show will air TONIGHT at 9PM ET/PT on DIRECTV ch 239 and U-verse ch 1114. Besides "Company", she'll be performing "2 On", "All Hands on Deck", "Party Favors" and "Superlove".
source 1, 2, 3
Annette O'Toole gave a lengthy interview (available at the source) for Women in Horror month about her time working on the miniseries adaptation of Stephen King's It. A few quotes:
On remembering John Ritter: "John was a wonderful human being and we thought the world of one another. I continue to think that. I feel his warmth around me all the time."
The scariest scene in the film for her: "I mostly remember the cup of tea that had this weird sludgy chocolate syrupy stuff that was the blood. It was probably the only scene in the whole film that FELT scary to shoot, because none of my buddies were there. It was just me. Just me and the really scary lady and the cup of chocolate blood stuff."
On the upcoming remake/re-adaptation: "I don’t think they need to remake anything that was good the first time."
Her favorite King novel: "I think my favorite though is his novel, Salem’s Lot. It really terrified me. I also loved The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon and Mr. Mercedes. I like the more off-brand King the best."
The best ship being the Walrus, of course! Silverflint who? Dimplemas who? Blint who? Flintrus is where it's at!
Or at least I like to think Silver's talking about the Walrus in one of those new promo clips floating around. The only one to be found on a non-banned site is over on Inverse, featuring Eleanor & Mrs Hudson (aka the Handmaiden of Deceit aka Mrs Stephens) talking.
Meanwhile, Toby Stephens was asked by a fan on Twitter about That Thing that has caused the entire fandom to collectively lose its goddamn mind this past week. His reply is exactly what one might expect.
I mean this rly doesn't mean shit, but don't we all want to believe?
In other news, OP has been checking in on the props/costumes being auctioned off now the show is ending, and one of the items caught my eye. I don't consider it particularly spoilery, but I'll hide it anyway:
Does this mean John gets a new prosthetic, since we haven't seen this version before? Who's gonna make it? Is it Billy, to stay in his favour? Is he gonna have a shirtless scene sweatily forging the boot for LJS? Otoh the episode in the item description is listed as 307, which is correct for the peg leg, but not the boot. Thoughts?
(They're also auctioning off Flint's ninja outfit, lots of dresses, various stunt weapons, etc. A while ago they even sold Marcus Aurelius with the inscription!!]
The big winners were It's Only the End of the World which won Best Director, Actor, and Editing, Divines, which won Best First Film, Best New Actress and Best Supporting Actress, and Elle, which won Best Film and Best Actress.
Best Director: Xavier Dolan for “It’s Only the End of the World”
Best Actress: Isabelle Huppert for “Elle”
Best Actor: Gaspard Ulliel for “It’s Only the End of the World”
Best Supporting Actress: Deborah Lukumuena for “Divines”
Best Supporting Actor: James Thierree for “Chocolat”
Best New Actress: Oulaya Amamra for “Divines”
Best New Actor: Niels Schneider for “Dark Inclusion”
Best Foreign Film:“I, Daniel Blake” by Ken Loach (United Kingdom)
Best Original Screenplay: Solveig Anspach, Jean-Luc Gaget for “The Aquatic Effect”
Best Adapted Screenplay: Celine Sciamma for “My Life as a Zucchini”
Best Documentary Film:“Thanks Boss!” by Francois Ruffin
Best First Film:“Divines” by Houda Benyamina
Best Original Score: Ibrahim Maalouf for “In the Forests of Siberia”
Best Sound: Marc Engles, Fred Demolder, Sylvain Rety, Jean-Paul Hurier for “The Odyssey”
Best Editing: Xavier Dolan for “It’s Only the End of the World”
Best Cinematography: Pascal Marti for “Frantz”
Best Costumes: Anaïs Romand for “The Dancer”
Best Production Design: Jérémie D. Lignol for “Chocolat”
Best Animated Film:“My Life as a Zucchini” by Claude Barras
Best Animated Short Film:“Celui Qui a Deux Ames” by Fabrice Luang-Vija
Best Short Film: (TIE) “Maman(s)” by Maïmouna Doucouré and “Vers la Tendresse” by Alice Diop
Before 2016, things were seemingly cool between the two emcees as they have each complimented and hinted at working with each other in the past. As Nicki Minaj rose to fame and commercial success as the self proclaimed "Queen of Rap", Remy was stuck behind bars (instead of spitting them) until her release in 2014. No chance for competition or collaboration.
However, last year Remy Ma released "Wait a Minute (Remix), and fans took it as a diss against Nicki. Remy Ma raps, "Will I smoke this bitch? Yes / Probably fail my piss test / Get rid of those fake breasts / And put a vest on this bitch chest"
Remy also visited Hot 97 to drop a freestyle which could be interpreted as shots at Nicki. "All this talk about my son and your son / I'm hot and your whole world revolve around me, bitch, I am THE sun."
Even though the "my son, your son" line in particular seems clearly aimed at Nicki, Remy also went on Hot 97 to explain that she has no beef with Nicki:
“Do that to me…I’m going to smack your head off. That’s how I’m going to feel,” Remy added. “Girl never did nothing to me. Number two: history, this is known people, check my history. Any person that I ever had a problem with or felt any type of way about – I’ll have no problem saying your name. I don’t want you sitting there wondering if I’m talking about you. I’m going to say your name, your government name, I’m going to talk about your kids, your dog, your grandma.”
Fast forward to today and Gucci Mane released "Make Love" (feat. Nicki Minaj)
Nicki raps, "Oooohhh, oh you the qu-e-e-the queen of this here? One platinum plaque, album flopped, bitch, where? (bitch, where?) Hahaha, ahhhhh, I took two bars off just to laugh / You see, silly rabbit, to be the queen of rap / You gotta sell records, you gotta get plaques / S, plural like the S on my chest / Now sit your dumbass down / You got an F on your test"
People are speculating this line is about Remy since her first and only album There's Something About Remy: Based on a True Story, did not sell well, and she only has one certified platinum single, "All the Way Up" w/ Fat Joe. One plaque, not plaques, plural.
So, ONTD, is this the beginning of a genuine rap beef? I have to admit I don't know Remy Ma's music very well, but that freestyle on Hot 97 may have turned me into a fan. The veterans on Twitter are saying Remy would body Nicki in a battle. What do you think?
source | source