Articles on this Page
- 01/25/13--10:13: _Trailer For Lifetim...
- 01/25/13--10:28: _ONTD Roundup
- 01/25/13--11:47: _Degrassi: Eclare promo
- 01/25/13--11:47: _Elle thinks Danai G...
- 01/25/13--11:47: _The Strokes 1998-2012
- 01/25/13--11:48: _Jason Sudeikis on M...
- 01/25/13--11:49: _Mad Men's Betty Wil...
- 01/25/13--11:49: _The Entire Starring...
- 01/25/13--11:49: _Sarah Chalke to gue...
- 01/25/13--11:49: _Beyoncé, Jessie J, ...
- 01/25/13--11:50: _Game of Thrones Sea...
- 01/25/13--12:24: _Ariel Winter covers...
- 01/25/13--12:24: _Ryan Seacrest premi...
- 01/25/13--12:25: _Brendon Ayanbadejo:...
- 01/25/13--12:25: _Madonna Slays Her C...
- 01/25/13--12:33: _Scream & Shout Remi...
- 01/25/13--12:57: _Something called Th...
- 01/25/13--12:57: _Saturdays Perform B...
- 01/26/13--11:46: _Nikita 3x09 Promo: ...
- 01/26/13--12:34: _FRIDAY BOX OFFICE
- 01/25/13--10:28: ONTD Roundup
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga: 'Hormones Are Why Top Women Lose'
- Obama Erotic Fan Fiction Being Published
- Obama Urged to Resign Over Beyonce Scandal
- Beyonce's Super Bowl Set List
- Meet the 2013 Puppy Bowl Lineup
- Lois Lowry Confirms Jeff Bridges to Start Filming The Giver
- Django Slave Toys Also Banned From Ebay
- USA's Graceland: A Teaser for Series Premiere
- J.J. Abrams Set to Direct Next 'Star Wars' Film
- Kim & Khloe Kardashian Launch All-Out Attack Against Their Father’s Widow For Selling Stories
- Manti Te'o's Full Interview With Katie Couric; Insists He Wasn't In On the Hoax
- SPIN Reaches with 'Stop Saying Nice Things About 'Thrift Shop'
- Internet Explorer Tries to Pander to 90s Kids
- Harry Styles Kisses Like a Snail
- Author Says Black Community Has Special Responsibility To Fight For Equality
- Kristen Bell Admits That Dan As Gossip Girl 'Makes No Sense'
- Study: Kids Who Listen to 'Conventional' Pop Make Them A Better Person
- Yesterday's ONTD Roundup
- 01/25/13--11:47: Degrassi: Eclare promo
- 01/25/13--11:47: Elle thinks Danai Gurira and Nene Leakes look alike.
- 01/25/13--11:47: The Strokes 1998-2012
- 01/25/13--11:48: Jason Sudeikis on Movie 43 and Olivia Wilde
- 01/25/13--11:49: Mad Men's Betty Will Be Featured More in Season 6
- 01/25/13--11:49: Sarah Chalke to guest star on Grey's Anatomy
- 01/25/13--11:49: Beyoncé, Jessie J, Miley Cyrus To Perform At 2013 Mawazine
- 01/25/13--11:50: Game of Thrones Season 3 Promo Images!
- 01/25/13--12:24: Ariel Winter covers Taylor Swift
- 01/25/13--12:24: Ryan Seacrest premieres new NKOTB single
- 01/25/13--12:25: Madonna Slays Her Competition
- 01/25/13--12:33: Scream & Shout Remix Leaks
- 01/26/13--11:46: Nikita 3x09 Promo: "Survival Instincts"
- 01/26/13--12:34: FRIDAY BOX OFFICE
It was about 10 days ago that a behind-the-scenes sneak peak was released, which we posted. This is the first real trailer for the tele-film, which will premiere on Saturday, February 2 at 8/7c, and will center on the relationship between Betty Shabazz and Coretta Scott King - specifically, it'll follow how they continued on as single mothers, after their husbands were assassinated - their husbands being Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr.
As already reported, Mary J. Blige plays Betty Shabazz, and Angela Bassett plays Coretta Scott King.
Malik Yoba plays Martin Luther King Jr, while, Lindsay Owen Pierre is playing Malcolm X in the movie.
Ruby Dee is said to be appearing on-screen as a "historical witness" to narrate the story, "as someone familiar with the events of both their lives."
Yves Simoneau, who recently directed a Beauty And The Beast TV-movie for ABC Studios, will direct Betty And Coretta, from a script penned by Shem Bitterman (he last wrote and directed a feature dramedy titled The Job in 2009).
The film is co-produced by Blige, as well as Larry Stanitsky, with Jaja Johnson and Polly Anthony executive producing.
It will be one of 3 movies headlining Lifetime's Black History Month celebration; the other 2 being Twist of Faith, starring Toni Braxton, Mykelti Williamson and David Julian Hirsh; and Pastor Brown, with Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Keith David, Ernie Hudson, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Nicole Ari Parker, Rockmond Dunbar and Michael B. Jordan.
For Thursday, January 24, 2012:
IF YOU ARE IN THE UK & CAN SPARE THE MONEY
Landline: 09020 50 58 09 // Mobile: 6 50 58 09
VOTE FOR RYLAN TO WIN. SPEIDI MUST BE DEFEATED.
definitely NHFT bullshit
New song from the Strokes just released on their website. Its.... Well.... Just listen.
lol its trending on Twitter.. OOP
The SNL mainstay, who stars in the ensemble sketch comedy Movie 43 alongside almost every other pulse-possessing actor, reveals his stance toward on-screen nudity and the secret to schtupping like a long-distance runner
Quick: Name two actors who are not in Movie 43.
Yul Brynner and Olivia Wilde. And that's on purpose.
I assume, from the breast count (two pairs) in the (two-minute) trailer, that we should expect gratuitous nudity?
I know I am not naked in this film. But in this day and age you can count on at least boobs, and sometimes even the penis. The penis shows up more and more.
And are you poised to show that?
Uh, male frontal nudity for comedy's sake? I don't think so. I've never been a shirt-off, pants-off kind of comedy guy.
What about for drama's sake?
Well, it would be very dramatic for me. Because my parents still go see all my movies. But just because they go see everything I'm in doesn't mean they need to see everything that's in me.
I heard you on Marc Maron's podcast talking about how you almost joined Blue Man Group pre-SNL, which is mind-blowing.
Yes! I was in Las Vegas, performing with Second City at the time. I had sort of lost a little bit of love for the art form of sketch comedy and made friends with the Blue Man Group guys. So I auditioned—and really went for it, too. The acting was easy, but the drumming was like not having my lines memorized. I was sweating cobalt blue.
Do you get a pang of sadness when you see the show now?
No, I still love it. I just think it's so funny and so smart and relevant. You know, I did feel a little bit like a boob when the geniuses at Arrested Development—and I mean that sincerely—made Tobias so fascinated with it. I was kind of like, "Aw, man. That was me." One hundred percent. But I like to think Mitch Hurwitz and the Arrested gang, in the back of their heads, were like, "No, it's a cool show."
For Valentine's Day, could you give our readers some tips on how to land a fiancée like Olivia Wilde?
Oh boy. First off, when she's speaking, keep your eyes open. Also say "please" and "thank you"—that was very helpful. And most important: Just mean what you say and say what you mean.
That's very genuine. Recently, Olivia joked that you guys had sex like Kenyan marathon runners. So you guys wear short shorts and numbers on your backs?
Yep, and we have a guy who gives us little cups of water. To be honest, she was misquoted. If there's any legitimacy in entertainment journalism, I'd be remiss if I didn't correct it: The actual quote was "We fuck like Kenyan marathon runners."
Oh, sorry. Yes. Totally different.
Things get lost in the translation. But everything after, from the word sex on, is accurate. When we're both done, we tear through a little piece of tape. And you gotta put Band-Aids on your nipples, otherwise you're really raw.
January Jones sat down with NY Magazine's Vulture blog while at Sundance.
Here are some excerpts from the interview about her role in the acclaimed AMC show.
If you had your druthers, where would you like to see Betty go? She's had a rough couple of years.
It’s interesting to hear people's perspectives, because I felt like the first few seasons were rough, and then she's made steps in the last couple seasons to be happier, by leaving Don and marrying Henry and trying to be a better mom. And I think that she's in the best place we've seen her — but I'm not sure she'll ever be completely happy. I don't know if she knows how to do that. She's one of those people who's always searching for something else, so even if she finds it, I don’t know if she'd recognize it. And it's sad, because Henry's, like, a great husband and a great guy, and he took in her kids, and he's like this kind of perfect guy, and she's still searching for something.
I guess she could go to a place where she's more self-actualized?
I don’t know what would make her happy. I mean, even when she found out last year that she wasn't dying, she was like, "Great, so I'm just fat." I mean, there's no silver lining for her, but I don't know.
But maybe Matt Weiner will give her a silver lining?
But I don't think he wants — that's not realistic, and he's very true to human nature. Some people don't get silver linings, and that's not interesting anyway.
What can we look forward to this season?
I'm in it more. I can only say that, I think. We're halfway done — and I've gotten to do a lot of weird stuff.
Officially confirming what we already know, Universal Pictures issued a press release today annoucing that The Best Man 2 is definitely happening, with a November 15, 2013 release date planned; so it should e going into production shortly, if it hasn't already.
And while there's still no word on what exactly the plot for this sequel will be, in the Universal press release, it's stated that the entire starring cast of the first film is returning for the sequel, and hints at what the story will be.
After nearly 15 years apart, Taye Diggs , Nia Long , Morris Chestnut , Harold Perrineau , Terrence Howard , Sanaa Lathan , Monica Calhoun , Melissa De Sousa and Regina Hall reprise their career-launching roles in the next chapter to the film that ushered in a new era of comedy. When the college friends finally reunite over the Christmas holidays, they will discover just how easy it is for long-forgotten rivalries and romances to be ignited.
Malcolm D. Lee returns to write and direct this sequel to his directorial debut. Sean Daniel (The Mummy franchise) will produce alongside Lee for The Sean Daniel Company.
I can't say that I'm all-that interested in The Best Man 2 (I'll always prefer fresh stories, instead of recycling, revisiting or extending old ones). However, I'm definitely curious to find out what story (or stories) Lee will tell the second time around.
But it's officially dated for a November 15, 2013 release, so it's only a matter of time before further news on any additional or new casting and plot are revealed.
still haven't seen the first one.
Sarah Chalke is (maybe) playing doctor again.
The former Scrubs actress is checking into Grey’s Anatomy this spring, TVLine has learned exclusively.
It’s unclear if Chalke will be portraying a medical professional or a patient, although conventional wisdom suggests it’s the latter since her stint is only for one episode.
According to Concert Maroc, This year's Mawazine festival line up includes Beyoncé, Jessie J, Miley Cyrus, David Guetta, Mika and more! The Moroccan festival that has had Mariah Carey, Kanye West, Shakira and More over the past couple of years.
The concerts are presented free of charge except for the area directly in front of the stage, where the fee varies depending on the performance. A card is available for 3000DH that gives access to the front stage area of any of the concerts.
You can view the full set list here.
source & source
JOUSTING AND CRYING, TBH.
Not a great cover, but she looks healthy and happy.
WORLD PREMIERE: Listen To New Kids on the Block’s “Remix (I Like The)”
Brace yourselves, New Kids On the Block fans, we’ve got even more news!
After Donnie Wahlberg revealed “On Air with Ryan Seacrest” NKOTB‘s plan to hit the road with none other than Boyz II Men and 98 Degrees this summer for “The Package Tour,” as well as announcing their new album entitled 10 will be out April 2, the singer and actor also gave us—wait for it—the world premiere to their latest single, “Remix (I Like The).”
With lyrics like “Baby, I like the new you,” we have to admit—we like the new hit!
To see the guys in action, tickets for “The Package Tour” can be purchased starting February 2 on Ticketmaster, however American Express card members can get advance tickets beginning Friday, January 25 at 10:00 AM (local time).
Take a listen to “Remix (I Like The)”
I couldn't embed the song from Ryan's site, but it's posted on the NKOTB website
In an email to same-sex marriage supporters, Ayanbadejo asked, “Is there anything I can do for marriage equality or anti-bullying over the next couple of weeks to harness this Super Bowl media?” The AFC champion will be playing in the Super Bowl on Feb. 3 against the San Francisco 49ers.
“On the phone Tuesday afternoon, Ayanbadejo called that missive his “Jerry Maguire email,” referring to the Tom Cruise movie, in which the plot is set in motion when Maguire, played by Cruise, seizes the occasion of a sleepless night to pour his heart and soul into a mission statement,” wrote Bruni.
“It’s one of those times when you’re really passionate and in your zone. And I got to thinking about all kinds of things, and I thought: how can we get our message out there,” Ayanbadejo told Bruni. “I was raised around gay people in a very liberal society," Ayanbadejo told Bruni during a previous interview. "Discrimination was never allowed."
In 2009, Ayanbadejo sounded off on marriage equality for HuffPost Politics. At the time, he wrote, "If Britney Spears can party it up in Vegas with one of her boys and go get married on a whim and annul her marriage the next day, why can't a loving same sex couple tie the knot?"
He then went on to note, "The divorce rate in America is currently 50 percent. I am willing to bet that same sex marriages have a higher success rate than heterosexual marriages."
- The Top 20 Concert Tours ranks artists by average box office gross per city and includes the average ticket price for shows in North America. The previous week's ranking is in parentheses. The list is based on data provided to the trade publication Pollstar by concert promoters and venue managers.
TOP 20 CONCERT TOURS
1. (2) Madonna; $3,465,640; $160.64.
2. (3) Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band; $1,362,627; $93.95.
3. (4) Justin Bieber; $1,177,615; $74.59.
4. (5) Dave Matthews Band; $967,758; $73.76.
5. (6) Neil Young & Crazy Horse; $943,026; $94.00.
6. (7) The Who; $845,015; $85.86.
7. (8) Rush; $831,978; $82.21.
8. (9) Leonard Cohen; $804,309; $100.16.
9. (10) Red Hot Chili Peppers; $716,382; $60.53.
10. (11) Zac Brown Band; $624,017; $56.97.
11. (12) Trans-Siberian Orchestra; $568,771; $51.47.
12. (13) Carrie Underwood; $535,017; $58.50.
13. (14) Bob Dylan; $467,504; $77.77.
14. (15) Eric Church; $309,161; $40.27.
15. (17) Jeff Dunham; $308,952; $58.16.
16. (20) Tobymac; $163,114; $27.40.
17. (18) The Moody Blues; $160,360; $68.27.
18. (19) Wiz Khalifa; $156,077; $41.83.
19. (New) Bassnectar; $144,666; $39.03.
20. (New) "So You Think You Can Dance"; $135,972; $56.66.
Take a listen before they take it down, y'all!
what's the consensus, ONTD?
The Ready Set (real name Jordan Mark Witzigreuter) wrote a song for Taylor and posted it to his tumblr. He explains in his onw words:
I wrote a song about Taylor Swift last week.
More so, about the notorious Swift/Styles breakup. I have to say that I am blown away by the amount of attention it is STILL getting, so I figured I’d throw my two cents in there. Everybody gives celebrity couples a lot of crap when they break up, so I like to consider this my gentlemanly take on the issue. Like tuxedo and monocle gentleman. Mustache is optional, but it’s definitely encouraged.
Hopefully you enjoy my swifty jingle.
cute song tbh. can't wait for Taylor to ignore him like she did Owl City.
the girls sound amazing
What does everyone think about the Luke Skywalker plot line? Last night's episode hit a series high in the ratings with 1.59 million viewers and a 0.5 rating.