Articles on this Page
- 06/18/15--15:15: _The kings of metal ...
- 06/18/15--15:15: _Blake Anderson was ...
- 06/18/15--15:16: _COMPLEX's The Best ...
- 06/18/15--15:17: _Britney is frugal
- 06/18/15--15:26: _Rihanna's #R8 gets ...
- 06/18/15--15:28: _Adding on to the Pi...
- 06/18/15--15:30: _Scott Baio's wife d...
- 06/18/15--15:31: _Alan Rickman + Heli...
- 06/18/15--15:52: _everyone's ideal co...
- 06/18/15--16:19: _Miley Cyrus' #1 fan...
- 06/18/15--16:51: _Fetty Wap Sings To ...
- 06/18/15--16:59: _Despite a boycott, ...
- 06/18/15--17:11: _Toga denies SLEAZER...
- 06/18/15--18:15: _[book post!] Warner...
- 06/18/15--18:32: _Zookeepers (5) Recr...
- 06/18/15--18:50: _New Green Inferno t...
- 06/19/15--11:03: _Wendy Williams: Mad...
- 06/19/15--11:03: _Miley Cyrus reporte...
- 06/19/15--11:05: _Natasha Lyonne, fro...
- 06/19/15--11:05: _Taylor Swift and In...
- 06/18/15--15:15: The kings of metal return in September
- 06/18/15--15:16: COMPLEX's The Best Albums of 2015 (So Far) list
- 06/18/15--15:17: Britney is frugal
- 06/18/15--15:26: Rihanna's #R8 gets SCRAPPED!
- 06/18/15--15:30: Scott Baio's wife diagnosed with a brain tumor
- 06/18/15--15:31: Alan Rickman + Helium + Harry Potter = Everything
- 06/18/15--15:52: everyone's ideal couple walks hand-in-hand
- 06/18/15--16:51: Fetty Wap Sings To His Baby
- 06/18/15--16:59: Despite a boycott, John Legend performed at the Beverly Hills Hotel
- On May 30th, John Legend performed at a Wedding reception that was hosted at the BHH for $300,000 for Daniel Landy and Alexandra Lippman where he sung two songs in total
- But earlier last year (in February), Legend declined the party for his cover on LA Confidential at the BHH (Beverly Hills Hotel) with his rep telling The Hollywood Reporter, 'These policies, which among other things could permit women and LGBT Bruneians to be stoned to death, are heinous and certainly don't represent John's values or the spirit of the event. John does not, in any way, wish to further enrich the Sultan while he continues to enforce these brutal laws'
- The boycott of BHH started in 2014 when the owner of BHH (the Sultan of Brunei) passed 'Sharia law in his country, calling for the stoning of gays and adulterers'
- 06/18/15--18:32: Zookeepers (5) Recreate Chris Pratt's Pose in Jurassic World
- 06/18/15--18:50: New Green Inferno teaser
- 06/19/15--11:03: Wendy Williams: Madonna looks Desperate and Old in new music video
- 06/19/15--11:03: Miley Cyrus reportedly dating model Stella Maxwell
- 06/19/15--11:05: Natasha Lyonne, from OITNB, drags sexist reporter
- 06/19/15--11:05: Taylor Swift and Indie Labels Are Saying "No" To Apple Music
Iron Maiden will release a double album of new material, "The Book Of Souls," worldwide on September 4. The album was finished in late 2014 but the release has been delayed while vocalist Bruce Dickinson battled cancer of the tongue and won. He's now recovering from the treatment, because chemo can be worse than the cancer sometimes, and is now ready to hit the road.
The album has just 11 tracks but runs 92 minutes, making it effectively a double studio album, Maiden's first. Bassist and founder Steve Harris wrote seven of the tracks and for the first time since 1984's "Powerslave," the album also features two tracks written solely by Bruce Dickinson, one of which is the longest song MAIDEN has ever recorded.
Bruce isn't letting cancer stop him. He recently bought a 737 and launched his own airline.
01. If Eternity Should Fail (Dickinson) 8:28
02. Speed Of Light (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:01
03. The Great Unknown (Smith/ Harris) 6:37
04. The Red And The Black (Harris) 13:33
05. When The River Runs Deep (Smith/ Harris) 5:52
06. The Book Of Souls (Gers/ Harris) 10:27
07. Death Or Glory (Smith/ Dickinson) 5:13
08. Shadows Of The Valley (Gers/ Harris) 7:32
09. Tears Of A Clown (Smith/ Harris) 4:59
10. The Man Of Sorrows (Murray/ Harris) 6:28
11. Empire Of The Clouds (Dickinson) 18:01
* 2CD deluxe hardbound book limited edition
* 2CD standard edition
* Triple heavyweight black vinyl
* High res audio (24-bit Mastered for ITunes and non-Mastered for iTunes)
* Standard res audio (16 bit/ 44.1 kHz)
SOURCE: 1, 2, 3
'Workaholics' Star Blake Anderson -- Wake and Probably Baked ... Kicked Off Morning TV http://t.co/OKBKQrA4Nk— TMZ (@TMZ) June 18, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFvtsQ5jDcc x https://twitter.com/tmz
21. Fifth Harmony, Reflection
Label: Epic, Syco
Released: Feb. 3
At the mid-year mark, the Best Pop Album Of 2015 is, in this humble writer's opinion, a showdown between Major Lazer and Fifth Harmony, the latter having struck a golden ratio of bangers per total album tracks. “Sledgehammer,” “Worth It,” and “Like Mariah” have, at this point, overwhelmed the promise of Meghan Trainor (who's featured on “Brave Honest Beautiful”) and even returning champion Carly Rae Jepsen. “I want a Kanye, not a Ray J,” the girls sing on “Bo$$,” with a blast of claps and buckets to drum the point home. —JC
15. Björk, Vulnicura
Label: One Little Indian, Megaforce, Sony
Released: Jan. 20
Bjork made Vulnicura as a post-breakup salve, following the end of her longterm relationship with artist Matthew Barney, with whom she has a 12-year-old daughter. The title is said to be Greek for “cure for wounds,” and for a complicated and often abstract artist like Bjork, the cure seems to be talking about her hurt in plain terms. “Once it was simple, one feeling at a time,” she sings on “Lionsong. “These abstract, complex feelings, I just don’t know how to handle them.” Co-producers Arca and the Haxan Cloak respect her space with a minimalist backdrop, keeping everything from the synthesizers to the violins warm and sorrowful. Bjork has always had an air of mystery about her, and watching her cast it off in favor of open devastation is both incredibly sad and terribly beautiful. —Christine Werthman
10. Father John Misty, I Love You, Honeybear
Label: Sub Pop
Released: Feb. 10
Father John Misty’s first album, Fear Fun, documented Josh Tillman's drug-fueled trip to the end of the line. His second album, I Love You, Honeybear, shows what came next: the finding of a partner to whom this entire album is dedicated. An album like this could be a real slog—the breakdown is usually more fun for the audience than the resolution—but Tillman is still a flawed, self-deprecating, uncomfortably honest protagonist with a gift for Americana melodies. “I can hardly believe that I’ve found you, and I’m terrified by that,” he says on the gorgeous, bluesy “When You’re Smiling and Astride Me,” where a choir of voices sways behind him.
He’s untidied his folksy arrangements, letting things get bigger and more exploratory without ever losing the thread, though he comes close on the delightfully chaotic “The Ideal Husband,” with drums and piano crashing around him. But he’s back to restoring order with subdued piano on “Bored in the USA,” as he asks “Is this the part where I get all I’ve ever wanted?” Maybe not, but Tillman did get what he needed, what everyone hopes for when they hit the bottom: a hand to reach out, pull him up, and put him back on his feet. —CW
5. Drake, If You're Reading This It's Too Late
Label: Cash Money
Released: Feb. 13
So, this is quite possibly Drake's weakest album. Or is it a mixtape? Who knows, or really cares, for that matter, in 2015. The fact remains, even with that caveat, this shit is still wall-to-wall bangers. If stagnant Drizzy sounds this good, then fuck it, stamp the project's opening self-proclamation: He is a legend. The first five tracks alone (definitive ranking: “Legend,” “No Tellin,” “Energy,” “Know Yourself,” “10 Bands”) are as formidable a stretch of undeniable heaters as any true blue mainstream project so far this year. Things get shaaaky, no 6 side in the middle with a mix of good but not so great songs (I'm OK with never hearing “Now & Forever” again). It's Drake, as we've come to expect him.
But it's OK to call dude out for remaking “Worst Behavior” two or three times while sticking to the same subject matter (“Money and women, that's just how shit happened to go”) while still admitting that he remains very good at talking about those things. And the last three tracks mark a welcome switch from the formula that bodes well for his forthcoming proper album. He fits seamlessly into Travi$ Scott's gothic hellscape on “Company,” before he's right back to warmer subject matter, but progressively so, on “You & the 6” and especially the album standout, “Jungle.” And he's got another pinned location freestyle for you if you thought the bars were slacking. That OVO boy is still the business, man. —FT
1. Kendrick Lamar, To Pimp a Butterfly
Label: Top Dawg, Aftermath, Interscope
Released: March 15
To Pimp A Butterfly is the rare album where an already coveted artist reaches an entirely new plateau. K. Dot internalizes his struggles with celebrity and mediates on ideas of self-actualization and what it means to be a black man in Amerikkka. With a jam band approach to songs, he incorporates various styles of black music from funk to jazz, creating one of the most eclectic rap albums in recent memory where few of the tracks begin and end the same way.
Take “Hood Politics” for example, which opens with a breezy bounce, shifts into the actual beat, features a haunting interlude before switching back into its actual beat and ending with spoken word. For a lesser artist, any one of those three beats could rightfully have been their own song. But Kendrick is so full of ideas, so willing to expand his palette, every moment is an opportunity to reach greater heights.
Much has been made about the album’s themes on black life, it’s introspective lyrics, and Dot’s varied flows, but it’s his relentless ambition that truly sets it apart. You know you’re already in the pantheon of all-time greats when your latest album is the best rap album since your last album. —IA
favorite album of the year so far ontd?
source + rest of the list: complex
Thanks to her conservatorship, Britney's finances are open to everyone, and TMZ got its paws on the paperwork, which detailed her spending in 2014.
(and looks hot in those shorts)
Brit is worth an estimated $46 million, an increase in her net worth by $5 million. Her biggest expenditure was $901,845.88 for fiduciary and attorney fees. That included a lawsuit by a backup dancer and lawyers to help negotiate her Las Vegas residency. The next big expense was $409,237.40 for child support and care for Sean and Jayden. Nice work if you can get it, eh K-Fed?
She also spent $57,550 on personnel and assistants, which was down from $131,000 in 2013. $25,000 went to pet care, making Hannah Spears well cared for.
She spent $49,000 on wardrobe, including that red jumpsuit with the plunging neckline that she wore to her lingerie launch. Another $20,000 to hair and makeup (I've yet to see proof of that), and $2,454.45 for massages and nails. She dropped another $15,270.35 for "meals and entertainment."
Her Los Angeles mansion is worth $6.8 million, which has $1.6 million worth of furniture and unspecified equipment. She also still has a home in Louisiana worth $570,000.
She spent $37,977.88 on "family support," including her mother Lynne Spears' weekly allowance of $500. (Really.) Her dad, Jamie, collects and additional $16,000 a month to manage her affairs.
Finally, she spent about $5,500 at Target over the course of 37 purchases there during the year.
- after critics slammed Rihanna for lackluster sales of her first 3 singles, Rihanna's label is in panic mode
- 4 5 Seconds, Bitch Better Have My Money and American Oxygen are being demoted into promo singles
- the #R8 album is now scrapped, even though it was nearing completion
- Rihanna is "desperately searching for musicians and producers to work with"
- she might revert to her reggae/dancehall inspired music
- she didn’t originally like the idea – she wanted to create more classic music. But after having flop after flop after flop with her past three singles, it looks like Rihanna is heading back to her Barbadian roots
Scott Baio’s wife Renee has been diagnosed with a brain tumor, but it's not all bad news. Renee has a meningioma brain tumor, which Scott said "90% of these type of tumors are benign," but they can cause serious problems depending on the size of the tumor and the location. "We are waiting to learn the exact location to see if its operable,” he explained.
The two have been married eight years. Scott says she is handling it well. "She refuses to even shed one tear, nor will she question God's will. Renee, Bailey, and I will get through this and along the way maybe help educate others to get checked out (MRI with contrast) as 6,500 people each year, mostly women, get these tumors."
ONTD, be honest, how often do you do this?
Zayn Malik Didn't Leave One Direction Because of Perrie Edwards, Her Mom Says
- Here is the happy couple holding hands while leaving her parents home in Newcastle, England last week.
- Perrie’s mom, Debbie, recently spoke about him leaving 1D and said, “It was his decision and nothing to do with Perrie. They’ve always been happy. Zayn’s one of the nicest boys I’ve ever met and I couldn’t imagine Perrie with anyone else."
- She also said, “I feel like he’s already my son, they’ve been together since she was on The X Factor so he’s part of the family.”
Plus some other recent pics:
he left because of all the other pussy around lbr
-Miley Cyrus mega-fan Carl McCoid spent almost $4,500 on his Miley tattoos
-He has 29 tattoos dedicated to the problematic pop star
-He says that he wants to remove his tattoos because Miley Cyrus called them "ugly"
Come on now John
Kylie Jenner and her rapper boyfriend Tyga were seen getting lunch today after he denied his explicit song Pleazer was about the teen. The pair were pictured leaving a Japanese restaurant together in California today, with Kylie looking smug as she was pictured heading to the driver’s side of her Mercedes 4x4.
Tyga slammed TMZ saying that the sexually explicit track is old and was recorded while he was still with the mother of his son, King, Blac Chyna. Obviously what he's boasting that he's “bout to catch a felony for it” refers to.
Pleazer is almost 2 years old. It still bangs tho!— T-Raww (@Tyga) June 17, 2015
The 15-year-old offered no explanation for the Kardashian pussy line though
tweet + article
ONTD, do you like vagina juice like orange juice in the mornin’?
- Uprooted, by Naomi Novik, is a Hugo Award-nominated fantasy stand-alone novel and it is fucking good so you should read it. It's a bit of Beauty and the Beast meets Polish folklore meets ASOIAF meets those super dark fairy tales?
- Goodreads summary:Agnieszka loves her valley home, her quiet village, the forests and the bright shining river. But the corrupted Wood stands on the border, full of malevolent power, and its shadow lies over her life. Her people rely on the cold, driven wizard known only as the Dragon to keep its powers at bay. But he demands a terrible price for his help: one young woman handed over to serve him for ten years, a fate almost as terrible as falling to the Wood. The next choosing is fast approaching, and Agnieszka is afraid. She knows—everyone knows—that the Dragon will take Kasia: beautiful, graceful, brave Kasia, all the things Agnieszka isn’t, and her dearest friend in the world. And there is no way to save her. But Agnieszka fears the wrong things. For when the Dragon comes, it is not Kasia he will choose.
(that's just the beginning actually, in case you are allergic to romance, the book is way more about female friendships and political intrigue and other awesome stuff like MAGIC)
- Author Naomi Novik just confirmed that Warner Bros. won the bidding war for the movie rights to Uprooted. Says she hopes it will be a "series of wonderful fantasy films"
- Ellen DeGeneres will produce with Jeff Kleeman
Sources 1 and 2 + Goodreads
rooting for Aneurin Barnard to get cast as the Dragon tbh
what are you reading, ONTD?
More at sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Brought to you by:
starts @ 2:10 min in
- Wendy says Madonna looks pathetic going out of her way to one up Taylor Swift
- Says nobody is buying Madonna's music these days but she's still the queen so she should act like it
- Taylor's video looked genuine and effortless because celebs in it are actually her friends
- Can't see Madonna having a genuine friendship with any of the celebs in her video, they didn't even bother to show up for the shoot
During their visit to Brazil, Natasha, Samira and Uzo did some interviews and there is always the asshole who cannot believe women can be pretty and talented at the same time...
it's kinda painful to watch imo
-A rep for Swift's label Big Machine Records has confirmed with Billboard the pop star's hit album will not be available on Apple Music when it launches on June 30.
-Her back catalog will be available but 1989 will remain available only though paid subscriber services such as Tidal and Rdio.
Why your favorite independent artists aren't on Apple Music http://t.co/BtvNo05hCB— Gizmodo (@Gizmodo) June 18, 2015
-Many independent labels behind artists such as Adele, Alabama Shakes, Queens of the Stone Age, Radiohead, The Strokes, Vampire Weekend, The White Stripes, and The National are considering making their music unavailable on the streaming service.
-They cite as the major source of conflict the fact that the first 3 months they will receive no royalties and that they were not consulted by Apple when developing this deal structure nd believe it is unfair especially to small labels
-They emphasize that the 3-month free trial structure is especially bad for indie artists who release between June 30th and October 1st.
-Larger groups and agencies advocating for indie labels and artists such as Beggars and the American Association of Independent Music have also released statements expressing disapproval of this model.
SOURCES: 1, 2