Articles on this Page
- 05/16/15--15:40: _TV shows that catch...
- 05/16/15--16:19: _Youtube star Joey G...
- 05/16/15--16:19: _brooke candy return...
- 05/16/15--16:19: _Elle Magazine's Wom...
- 05/16/15--16:20: _Gregor Clegane hang...
- 05/16/15--16:20: _Chris Rock, Alicia ...
- 05/16/15--16:42: _FKA twigs — 032c Ma...
- 05/16/15--17:21: _Early reviews for b...
- 05/16/15--17:59: _Mad Max Post
- 05/16/15--18:39: _Watch Jay Z perform...
- 05/16/15--19:02: _Iggy Azalea?
- 05/16/15--19:55: _Outlander Finale Pr...
- 05/16/15--20:22: _SNL Post: Louis CK
- 05/16/15--20:52: _Anna Kendrick doesn...
- 05/16/15--22:32: _Matthew McConaughey...
- 05/16/15--22:57: _Pitch Perfect 2 is ...
- 05/17/15--19:48: _Weekend Box Office
- 05/17/15--20:13: _Kelly Clarkson slay...
- 05/17/15--20:37: _Sophie Turner talks...
- 05/17/15--20:37: _Game of Thrones Epi...
- 05/16/15--15:40: TV shows that catch interior designers' eyes
- 05/16/15--16:19: Youtube star Joey Graceffa comes out
- 05/16/15--16:19: brooke candy returns with "a study in duality" video manifesto
- 05/16/15--16:19: Elle Magazine's Women In Music Issue
- 05/16/15--16:20: Gregor Clegane hangs out with the Phillies
- 05/16/15--16:42: FKA twigs — 032c Magazine
- 05/16/15--17:59: Mad Max Post
- This is her first film
- Her father is a big fan of the series and told her to audition
- Discusses how Mad Max encourages female empowerment
- Thinks the women in the film kick ass (which is true)
- 05/16/15--18:39: Watch Jay Z perform live in New York! For free!
- 05/16/15--19:02: Iggy Azalea?
- 05/16/15--19:55: Outlander Finale Promo: 1x16 - To Ransom A Man's Soul
- 05/16/15--20:22: SNL Post: Louis CK
- 05/16/15--22:32: Matthew McConaughey could be the next DC or Marvel superhero
- 05/17/15--19:48: Weekend Box Office
- 05/17/15--20:13: Kelly Clarkson slays "Invincible" on the BMAs
- 05/17/15--20:37: Sophie Turner talks tonight's GoT episode [SPOILERS]
- 05/17/15--20:37: Game of Thrones Episode 7 Preview
LATimes asked several designers: "What shows will you watch for inspiration in the future?"and these 13 (5) shows were their favorites:
"Beautiful brownstones, an opium den in a bordello and heavy Victorian furnishings make for very decadent interiors," says Schuyler Samperton. "Despite the elegance, there's always a bit of debauchery."
"The interiors are dark and grungy — a Victorian cozy corner for Jack the Ripper done up for an American sensibility,"Louis Navarrete says of the British import crime series. "Villains always live better."
"A masterpiece of portraying many different periods of furniture and artwork and using blood red and electric indigo", according to Daelen Cory, co-owner of L'Esperance Design. "Now that Hannibal has fled the country, Season 3 is going to be a brand-new palette for ornate furnishings."
"It's exciting to see the luxury lifestyle that you're used to seeing on shows like 'Dynasty' interpreted for and directed to African American and Latino audiences," says Darren Ransdell of the mansions and boardrooms. "And it's a very hot show."
"It's what people fantasize about New York," says Kristi Nelson of KM Nelson Design. "A Manhattan high-rise with crazy views, contemporary Italian furniture and a nickel and glass bar cart that is drool-worthy."
Check the rest of the shows at SRC
ONTDesigners, what's your fave design?
I don't watch youtube and shit anymore and I barely felt like making this post, but I watched him a few years ago and good for him. I know people(including ONTD) made fun of him for basically staying in the closet so I thought I'd post this.
"This video represents the metamorphosis of a girl and her disciples. Together, we are fagmob. We are not defined by race, gender, or sexual preference. We are the forbidden fruit. We believe in the impossible. We are everywhere and nowhere all at once. We are limitless. We are fearless... Together, we are fagmob."- Brooke Candy in an email to Nylon
directed by brooke and lil internet
music by more mega
fashion direction by nicola formichetti
are you #fagmob, ontd?
Hafthor Julius Bjornsson, who plays Gregor Clegane on 'Game of Thrones', took batting practice with the Philadelphia Phillies on Friday night. He later took pictures, signed autographs and lifted the team mascot off the ground.
Rest at the Source
Following the massive success of the music industry drama, big names have signed up for cameo roles
Following huge ratings in the US and a successful jump to E4 in the UK, the music industry drama Empire has announced a raft of starry cameos for its second season.
Chris Rock, whose indie comedy film Top Five is currently in UK cinemas, will appear alongside R&B singer Alicia Keys and evergreen rock star Lenny Kravitz. The show has also been extended from 12 episodes to 18.
The show, created by The Butler and Precious director Lee Daniels, has become hugely popular for its blend of soapy plotlines, strong music and, especially in the case of Taraji P Henson’s Cookie, endlessly quotable characters. It focuses on the machinations of a family-run hip-hop record label, built from the ground up by a former gangsta rapper played by Terrence Howard – after he is diagnosed with a terminal illness, his sons and ex-wife vie to take control of the company.
Gladys Knight, Mary J. Blige, Snoop Dogg and Rita Ora are among the real-life music stars who have appeared in the show so far. It built up a huge audience in the US, eventually netting over 23m viewers for the final episode of the first season.
Bye, I need them to give Little Richard a call.
Who should make an appearance on Empire next, ONTD?
"The world of Todd Haynes‘ “Carol” is one of whispered secrets and furtive glances, one in which the smallest of gestures can be huge. It is a world that could collapse into melodrama if it weren’t perfectly calibrated – but in the hands of Haynes and of actresses Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara, the exquisite restraint of the filmmaking and the acting made for a powerful experience for most of the audience at its first screening at the Cannes Film Festival on Friday night." - Steve Pond
"Yet, Haynes is playing a longer game, and saves his sucker punches for an exemplary, heart-wrenching final reel. Perhaps the greatest compliment you could pay Carol is that it contains – to this writer – one of the most perfectly executed and poignant utterances of the words “I love you” in screen history. See it and weep." - David Jenkins
"In the past, Blanchett has sometimes amped up the acting pyrotechnics — as she did in her Oscar-nominated turn in I’m Not There channeling the young, feisty Bob Dylan — but she understands that Carol can’t afford to be flashy. Consequently, this is among Blanchett’s most muted work, and she deftly and slowly teases out the cracks in this proud woman’s gorgeous exterior." - Tim Grierson
"Yes, Carol will be the subject of many future PhD theses, but, crucially, it surges with such juddering, largely suppressed emotion that the whiff of the pop-cultural Senior Common Room will trouble only the most resistant observer. The wonderful final shot kicks all dust aside and connects vigorously with the emotional ducts." - Donald Clarke
Read more at the sources: 1,2,3,4
ONTD, do you think Rooney Mara will give the same performance for the 5th time or will she spice it up?
P.S. First time posting mods, hope everything's okay! And hello everyone
Jay Z’s highly anticipated concert for the fans is going down tonight at Terminal 5 in New York.
Earlier this month, Tidal announced “Tidal X: Jaÿ-Z B-Sides" concert that would feature Hov performing deep cuts and some even never performed before from his iconic discography. Due to overwhelming amount of fans who submitted playlists (as part of the contest’s stipulations), he added a second Tidal X performance and moved the special concert to a weekend.
At 9 PM EST, Tidal is streaming the first concert live. Head over to their site to watch it now.
It's happening RIGHT NOW., sorry haters and stans, our fave Beyonce is not performing And yes I am Jay Z's cousin in Nigeria.
Welp. Anyone else need a drink after tonight's ep?
Or go to http://tvpc.com/ChannelList.php and look for NBC
Quick Gifs & Caps:
Or just search the #snl tag on tumblr.
Anna Kendrick told Seth Meyers: "It's a baby. It hasn't done anything. It hasn't achieved anything. It was just born."
"Americans care a little bit, but when I was in England, it was like the city had gone crazy. ... The baby doesn't know you're doing that! The baby doesn't care!"
"And the baby was on a full page of the Daily Mail. ... It just looks like every baby! All babies look like sacks of potatoes!"
- Matthew McConaughey told Variety: “I’ve read some Marvel and DC scripts and I’ve talked about working with them on some scripts, none of which I’ll share with with you what they are - or were. Yeah, I’ve circled some of those. Nothing has been right for me yet. But I’m sure open to it.”
- But he said he hasn't found the right script yet: "It’s very simple for me. I look at the script. Is the opportunity exciting? Is the money that comes with it exciting? Sure. Is it the possibility of going, “Hey you can get on a train and it can be a franchise and you could do 3, 4, 5, and have a great time as some kind of superhero or anti-hero.” But I would also look at something like that and say, “Hey, in success that means you are on the train for a while.” Contractually, you’re going to return to the character over and over. It’s something I asked myself is it something I’d want to return to. Would I be excited to go back and put the shoes on the character again? Going and doing the press tour with that group of people again? I always ask myself those questions again. It starts with the story and character."
source: variety, comicbook
Pitch Perfect 2 opened yesterday with 36 million dollars, and counting, effectively kicking Mad Max out of its number one spot. It currently holds a 68% vote on Rotten Tomatoes, a 66% on Metacritic, and a 7.4/10 in IMDb.
Quick Google searches about the reviews only highlight the cheesy jokes, how much better the first one was because it was "fresh" and "no one ever asked for a second one", but barely no one mentions (except a few sources) just how gross some of these jokes are.
Below, some excerpts about the "funny" jokes, and how Pitch Perfect 2 really is a mess instead of the feminist masterpiece people hold it out to be.
On Fat Amy:
Additionally, Rebel Wilson’s Fat Amy’s humor stems completely from her being overweight and buffoonish. I doubt making the obese girl the class clown is really the way to breakdown body biases.
Fat Amy’s weight is still — still! — offered up for laughs; when she finally gets a big, romantic kiss, she and the lucky guy basically lick each other from ear to ear. Sure, it’s a comedy and it’s only a joke, but would a movie-ending kiss between Anna Kendrick and Skylar Astin look like that?
On the new Guatemalan character:
For example, we’re expected to find it hilarious that people south of the border might get diarrhea because of the poor water quality! Another new group member, a Guatemalan immigrant, is a transparent equal opportunity excuse to tell those indolent jokes, and given nothing to do beyond simply being in the frame.
Our commentators, Banks and John Michael Higgins, aren’t supposed to be paragons of political correctness, but unfortunately the world competition gives them the platform to crack bigoted one-liners about people from all over the globe that are all about as mediocre as hoping a Latina girl should “backflip right over the fence into Mexico.”
On the girls:
What’s baffling here for a film directed by a woman, Elizabeth Banks, and written by a woman (Cannon), is that each female character is reduced to a single stereotype. The Asian girl speaks very quietly. The black, semi-butch lesbian can hardly control her sexual urges. As for the Guatemalan lass, she sees her future as being deported after she graduates and then drowning when she tries to smuggle herself back on a boat. Told in a deadpan manner, this is supposed to be very funny.
M E S S. I'm glad I'm not seeing this. There's some other articles from banned sources which talk about Ester Dean's character being a homophobic mess/the stereotype of her being the creepy lesbian is upped in this film. And also some joke about the Indian group in the competition going back to "steal American jobs".
sources: 1, 2, 3
Hello Twitter!— George Miller (@GMillerMax) May 17, 2015
Thanks for all the kind words written and said about the film.
We had a lot of fun making it..and there's more Max to come.
source: twitter, boxofficemojo, rottentomato
ONTD what did you watch this week?
best vocals of the night except the end note of Mariahs.
'Game of Thrones': Sophie Turner says she 'loved' tonight's horrifying scene http://t.co/qXm8m9df9p— James Hibberd (@JamesHibberd) May 18, 2015
And then there is the scene described in the production breakdown as “romance dies.” Sansa’s wedding night in episode 6.
When I read that scene, I kinda loved it. I love the way Ramsay had Theon watching. It was all so messed up. It’s also so daunting for me to do it. I’ve been making [producer Bryan Cogman] feel so bad for writing that scene: “I can’t believe you’re doing this to me!” But I secretly loved it.
I think fans’ reactions will be pretty simiilar: “How can they do this to Sansa?”
I completely agree with them! After Joffrey, she’s escaped him and you think she’s going to lose her virginity to a guy who’s really sweet and takes care of her and she’s thrown in with a guy who’s a whole lot worse. But I kind of like the fact she doesn’t really know what a psycho he is until that night. She has a sense, but she’s more scared of his father. And then that night everything gets so f–ked up.
She seems to be differentiating actually filming the scene (the acting part) versus the scene itself. But imo, that's a fine line to tread.