Articles on this Page
- 03/30/15--16:58: _WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN...
- 03/31/15--13:02: _Comedy Central Resp...
- 03/31/15--13:02: _Gigi Hadid lands th...
- 03/31/15--13:04: _Emma Stone Spotted ...
- 03/31/15--13:04: _10 Things We Learne...
- 03/31/15--13:17: _Jay Z loses his min...
- 03/31/15--13:44: _Drake's mixtape goe...
- 03/31/15--13:48: _Ansel Elgort will s...
- 03/31/15--14:06: _Hot 97 Interview wi...
- 03/31/15--14:26: _You can now take a ...
- 03/31/15--14:33: _Badgalriri x Mdolla...
- 03/31/15--14:41: _Charlie Cox goes on...
- 03/31/15--15:01: _Gay Icon, Nick Jona...
- 03/31/15--15:01: _Wendy Williams on M...
- 03/31/15--15:28: _Tia and Tamera's mo...
- 03/31/15--15:28: _Wilco, Ron Swanson ...
- 03/31/15--16:08: _That Daily Show Cor...
- 03/31/15--16:09: _Stephen Amell cast ...
- 03/31/15--16:09: _Ringo Starr on the ...
- 03/31/15--16:10: _Zayn's Demo is a Fo...
- 03/30/15--16:58: WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR
- 03/31/15--13:02: Comedy Central Responds to Trevor Noah Twitter Backlash
- 03/31/15--13:02: Gigi Hadid lands the March 30, 2015 cover of Adweek Magazine
- 03/31/15--13:04: Emma Stone Spotted at Disneyland
- 03/31/15--13:04: 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 03/31/15--13:17: Jay Z loses his mind, thinks water is free.
- 03/31/15--13:48: Ansel Elgort will star in the next Edgar Wright film
- 03/31/15--14:06: Hot 97 Interview with Kendrick Lamar
- To Pimp a Butterfly title doesn't come from To Kill A Mockingbird. The title comes from what he does with his celebrity, how society pimps out the urban community.
- King Kunta is the next single, filmed it in Compton to show that people can make it from out of there.
- Things instantly calling his album a classic waters the album down because people are focused more on that than actually listen to what he says. He says that he's always thinking of his work in regards to where the greatest albums are at.
- He doesn't care about people who hate on his music, he makes albums where he wants people to go back and listen to it a hundred times so they understand it.
- Thinks 'i' is the greatest song he's written because he never thought he would write a positive song.
- Wants to make that joint album with J. Cole
- Wesley's Theory is his favorite song off the album at the moment.
- At first the album came from what he saw and then from stiuations like Trayvon Martin.
- Thinks it was important for him to speak out about depression to give a voice to men who can't voice their feelings.
- Talks about Billboard comments, says that people took him out of context (He got emotional kind of, skip to 20:50, 26:50 also) and also forgives people who didn't understand where he comes from, what he's been through, and his community.
- He was always the quiet one, so doesn't love celebrity, but he appreciates taking photos with fans because that helps them throughout their day.
- On respectability he meant it like thing is respecting someone you don't like and not wanting to fight people. He still struggles with it.
- He thinks that Obama didn't do all he wanted to do in his presidency, and that there's a fine line for what his presidency did for race relations in this country (like, it may not have been good because racists). Ebro said that it made racists come out harder.
- He thinks that record releases are gone, etc and that they don't need labels anymore because you can put out music on the internet and do shows in another country.
- Jay Z approached him for TIDAL, he thinks it's a good idea that artists can take control of distribution.
- Thinks that concerts show the longevity of a career.
- 03/31/15--14:33: Badgalriri x Mdollas11 @ Opening Ceremony “M$$ X WT” Launch Event
- 03/31/15--14:41: Charlie Cox goes on Letterman while having food poisoning
- 03/31/15--15:28: Tia and Tamera's mom, AKA Jackée Harry, disses Iggy
- 03/31/15--16:09: Ringo Starr on the cover of Rolling Stone
- 03/31/15--16:10: Zayn's Demo is a Four album reject #confirmed
Always have struggled to bite my tongue— Louis Tomlinson (@Louis_Tomlinson) March 30, 2015
Comedy Central Responds to Trevor Noah Twitter Backlash http://t.co/6honJKQoXR— Variety (@Variety) marzo 31, 2015
Tl;Dr they stand by him saying its not fair to judge him based on a few old jokes..praying for him being a host a few years then giving the chair to queen Jessica
More @ Source
New Pictures of Emma at Disneyland, March 27th
Have you ever spotted a celeb at Disneyland or an amusement park?
So, it finally happened. On Sunday 29th, the floodgates were opened and the tea came flowing through as HBO aired its much hyped Scientology documentary, Going Clear. Heartbreaking stories and anecdotes were told as previous senior members of the Church came forward and shared their former life working inside the cult.
Cheesy ass Scientology music videos, the batshittery that was L. Ron Hubbard's life, IRS scandals, the sad sack that is John Travolta, Tom Cruise being a crazy fucking tool, bonus Anderson Cooper and Paul Haggis being a BAMF. All of this was included. Also, I apparently now have a crush on Paul Beghe. Did you watch, ONTD? What were your favourite parts? And the most shocking to you?
“People are not respecting the music, and devaluing what it really means," Jay Z told Billboard. "People really feel like music is free, but will pay $6 for water. You can drink water free out of the tap and it’s good water. But they’re okay paying for it. It’s just the mindset right now.”
Drake’s ‘If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Hits Platinum http://t.co/dVIqXk5HaC— allhiphopcom (@allhiphopcom) March 30, 2015
-Album (mixtape) sits at 1,011,041 units including streaming
-Album (mixtape) was released a month and a half ago.
-Physical copies will reportedly hit stores April 21.
-Views From The 6 is still in the works.
To see more pieces and to purchase, CLICK HERE!
It's been a great year for Drake, Cole & Kendrick's pockets!
the plot of the movie follows a getaway driver who uses his soundtrack to be the best getaway driver in the game. He will face some conflict that will threat his life, love and freedom.
More @ Source
Two ladies from Greenpoint, Brooklyn have taken it upon themselves to start a workshop about the life and legacy of pop superstar Britney Spears. The class which involves a multimedia presentation dissects Spears' career trajectory, rise, fall, comeback and continued influence in "pop culture and feminism."
The class often sells out and according to Rachel Goldberg and Suri Ratnatunga who run the course they think it appeals to even non fans. Goldberg declares "A lot of people have that base understanding of 'sexualized pop star,' but what else is there?" she continues "Even if you don't care about her, you have an opinion on her, and you know something about her. It's a discussion about something that's universal in American society." Goldberg goes on to add "We look at things and feminism and gender studies and how those things relate to Britney."
Rachel Goldberg, Suri Ratnatunga
text source 1 / text source 2 / pic source
The iconic entertainer was there to support ha BFF Melissa Forde, who was hosting the event.
10 days left! Are you ready to accept Charlie Cox's light into your life?
Sources: @NickJonas and his Vevo page
"Zanye" who? Nicky J is the male icon we need and deserve.
Is this TIDAL wave going to wash Iggy back to Aust.. Nevermind. 😒— Jackée Harry (@JackeeHarry) March 30, 2015
Indiana is continuing to feel the heat in response to SB 101, a controversial "religious freedom" bill that critics say is targeted at the LGBT population but whose defenders say is simply about ensuring religious freedom (in the same way that the Civil War was simply about states' rights, lbr):
We're canceling our 5/7 show in Indianapolis. “Indiana Religious Freedom Restoration Act” feels like thinly disguised legal discrimination.— WILCO (@Wilco) March 30, 2015
In addition, USC athletic director Pat Haden tweeted that he would not attend the College Football Playoff meeting in Indianapolis this week:
I am the proud father of a gay son. In his honor, I will not be attending the CFP committee meeting in Indy this week. #EmbraceDiversity— Pat Haden (@ADHadenUSC) March 31, 2015
New York State, Connecticut, Washington State, and DC have also banned non-essential state-funded travel to Indiana in response to the law.
For anyone asking what makes Indiana's law different from all those other "religious freedom" laws already on the books, The Atlantic breaks it down.
sources: 1, 2, 3
- During the the 2015 Radio and Television Correspondents Association Dinner, “Daily Show”'s "Senior Muslim Correspondent" Aasif Mandvi pulled a Colbert and bashed cable news in a lengthy speech that was televised on C-SPAN.
- He suggested C-SPAN could also go the Fox News route and “get the budget to shoot an unarmed black kid and then rush to the budget’s defense… Arguing that the budget was written on white paper, and that’s why this is happening.”
Go here for his best material while on The Daily Show.
Why didn't he get the job, though? Is he problematic too? Who
Some quotes below.
On whether a Beatles reunion would have happened if John and George were still alive:
"With the [technology] you have now, I think we could have got it together. I think the stumbling block was just sitting around and saying, 'OK, let's do it.' And we never got to that. You know, we did in twos, we talked about it. But I think if we had just relaxed behind it long enough, we still had the songs, and we still could play. We could have put it together. And we could have done 'A Day in the Life.' Of course, it's ended now. John and George are gone."
On why he got clean from drugs and alcohol in 1988:
"It gets really lonely, you know. It's just really cold and lonely. It's a miserable disease, in the end. There's a crowd of you, and it's lonely. Because that's all you're doing is getting fucked, you know. But I haven't been that lonely since."
Quote from Paul McCartney about inducting Ringo into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame after realizing their manager was in but not Ringo:
"I said, 'Let me see what I can do.' And I talked to Bruce Springsteen and I talked to Dave Grohl, and they both said he should be in. And I said I'd do the induction. That took care of it."
-Naughty Boy's people are now saying it was a song recorded for FOUR but didn't make it.
-It's not a solo!Zayn song or representative of his future material
-They're not working on anything, Naughty Boy was totally joking when he used the '#2016 #zaughty #zindabad’ tags on the Soundcloud link
-Zayn is just hanging out in his studio and chilling
-Naughty Boy released the song to prove a point in the twitter feud
How embarrassing for all the people swearing up and down that this didn't sound like a One Direction track. How doubly embarrassing for Naughty Boy to release a rejected demo and pass it off as new music.