Articles on this Page
- 12/10/14--10:25: _Meghan Trainor talk...
- 12/10/14--10:26: _New trailer for Mad...
- 12/10/14--10:26: _Makeup Artist Trans...
- 12/10/14--10:27: _ONTD Roundup
- 12/11/14--06:44: _Ninja (Die Antwoord...
- 12/11/14--06:54: _why are you punishi...
- 12/11/14--07:11: _Golden Globe Nomina...
- 12/11/14--07:59: _Selfie's Cancellati...
- 12/11/14--08:00: _Co-founder Peter Su...
- 12/11/14--08:18: _Some random who was...
- 12/11/14--08:42: _TURИ: Washington’s ...
- 12/11/14--08:46: _The Orthodox Church...
- 12/11/14--08:56: _Spoilers: A Blast f...
- 12/11/14--09:07: _Mark Wahlberg Assau...
- 12/11/14--09:26: _Eddie Redmayne for ...
- 12/11/14--09:41: _ONTD faves Rita Ora...
- 12/11/14--09:52: _Ewan McGregor is pl...
- 12/11/14--10:16: _Taylor Swift & Frie...
- 12/11/14--10:25: _Sony's Amy Pascal a...
- 12/11/14--10:44: _Anime News: Mamoru ...
- 12/10/14--10:25: Meghan Trainor talks about her upcoming 21st birthday plans
- 12/10/14--10:26: New trailer for Mad Max: Fury Road
- 12/10/14--10:26: Makeup Artist Transforms into your Faves
- 12/10/14--10:27: ONTD Roundup
- Rumor: Britney Spears and Iggy Azalea Collaborate
- Melissa Joan Hart Doesn't Want a Girl
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Meet Prince William and Kate Middleton
- Lorde Is a Self-Confessed Dumpster Diver
- Updated List of Everything Revealed in Sony Hack
- Leaked Sony Emails Show Internal Drama
- Beyonce Trying To Cover Up Baby Belly?
- Abercrombie CEO Steps Down
- Victoria Secret Models Create the 'Perfect Angel'
- Taylor Swift's First Live Performance of 'Style'
- Meghan Trainor Felt 'Insecure and Pissed' When Received Christmas Gift A Size Too Small
- Lena Dunham Stands By Decision to Detail Assault in 'Not That Kind of Girl'
- Jason Momoa Shows Off a Softer Physique
- The Pirate Bay is Offline After Swedish Police Raid
- UK Activists Plan 'Mass Face-Sitting' to Protest UK Porn Laws
- Best of ONTDers 2014 Annoucement
- Yesterday's ONTD Roundup
- 12/11/14--07:11: Golden Globe Nominations!
- 12/11/14--07:59: Selfie's Cancellation Allows It To Become RomCom Perfection
- 12/11/14--08:00: Co-founder Peter Sunde called for Pirate Bay's closure
- They were living together after they broke up.
- She told him that he should move out.
- On December 7, while she was out of the house he decided to kill the rabbit
- He (allegedly) skinned it, cooked it, and ate half of it while sending her step-by-step pictures of what he did.
- When she got back he (allegedly) told her he would do the same to her.
- 12/11/14--08:42: TURИ: Washington’s Spies Season 2 First Look Photos
- Season two will introduce two new historical characters: Peggy Shippen and Benedict Arnold (played by Ksenia Solo and Owain Yeoman).
- TURN: Washington’s Spies will return to AMC with 10 new episodes next spring.
- 12/11/14--08:56: Spoilers: A Blast from May's Past comes to AGENTS OF SHIELD.
- 12/11/14--09:07: Mark Wahlberg Assault Victim Says He Forgives Him
- 12/11/14--09:26: Eddie Redmayne for Elle UK and Esquire UK
- 12/11/14--09:52: Ewan McGregor is playing Jesus
- 12/11/14--10:16: Taylor Swift & Friends
- 12/11/14--10:25: Sony's Amy Pascal apologizes for being a racist...
- 12/11/14--10:44: Anime News: Mamoru Hosada's next film, Psycho Pass movie, NEW Naruto
are you 21 yet? how did you celebrate your 21st birthday?
Makeup artist, Jan Bonito, began documenting his magic on his Instagram page in November.
They can each take around two to three hours to complete, "depending on how many details I have to paint, like wrinkles and such".
They can each take around two to three hours to complete, "depending on how many details I have to paint, like wrinkles and such".
He is not professionally trained in makeup, he's been making art since the seventh grade, when he moved to the United States from the Philippines.
NNNNnnnn @ this one tho:
ONTD, have you ever transformed yourself into someone? Are you a natural celebrity look-a-like?
For Tuesday, December 9, 2014:
The Smashing Pumpkins were joined by Die Antwoord's Ninja at a Paris show over the weekend, where they covered David Bowie's song Fame.
Ninja can be heard dropping the n-word, in what appears to be a reference to the location and Kanye and Jay-Z's song Paris. Literally none of the articles I read mentioned that (eaux).
Consequence of Sound
Would have been better with just the Pumpkins imo. Schroeder was killing it.
BREAKING BAD: ALTERNATE ENDING EMAILS
- there was a leak close to the dvd sales of breaking bad last year of the alternate ending
- sony execs flipped their shit.
- 12 seconds of the alternate ending was played (foolishly!) on good morning america, sony execs shit into their expensive diapers
SHADY AS FUCK: SONY V. NETFLIX V. PIRATING
- sony is OBSESSED with copyright and who sees what coming from them.
- surprise, they super dislike streaming services and are using "geofiltering"
- geofiltering is basically restricting access based on your IP
- they REALLY HATE NETFLIX and want to censor content depending on your IP, esp if you're not in the US and want to access films/media.
JOBS EMAILS PT. 2
- sorkin and sony continue to be absolute messes
- the google invite to work with them probably could spell disaster for anyone who pirates if they choose to work together.
emails basically telling why sorkin won't let job's daughter see the script
Golden Globe nominations are in!
Best Motion Picture – Drama
“The Imitation Game”
“The Theory of Everything”
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture — Drama
Jennifer Aniston, “Cake”
Felicity Jones, “The Theory of Everything”
Julianne Moore, “Still Alice”
Rosamund Pike, “Gone Girl”
Reese Witherspoon, “Wild”
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Drama
Steve Carell, “Foxcatcher”
Benedict Cumberbatch, “The Imitation Game”
Jake Gyllenhaal, “Nightcrawler”
David Oyelowo, “Selma”
Eddie Redmayne, “The Theory of Everything”
Best Picture — Comedy or Musical
“The Grand Budapest Hotel”
“Into the Woods”
Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture — Comedy or Musical
Amy Adams, “Big Eyes”
Emily Blunt, “Into the Woods”
Helen Mirren, “The Hundred-Foot Journey”
Julianne Moore, “Maps to the Stars”
Quvenzhané Wallis, “Annie”
Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture — Comedy or Musical
Ralph Fiennes, “The Grand Budapest Hotel”
Michael Keaton, “Birdman”
Bill Murray, “St. Vincent”
Joaquin Phoenix, “Inherent Vice”
Christoph Waltz, “Big Eyes”
Best Animated Feature Film
“Big Hero 6″
“The Book of Life”
“How to Train Your Dragon 2″
“The LEGO Movie”
Best Foreign Language Film
“Force Majeure Turist” (Sweden)
“Gett: The Trial of Viviane Amsalem Gett” (Israel)
“Tangerines Mandariinid” (Estonia)
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Patricia Arquette, “Boyhood”
Jessica Chastain, “A Most Violent Year”
Keira Knightley, “The Imitation Game”
Emma Stone, “Birdman”
Meryl Streep, “Into the Woods”
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Robert Duvall, “The Judge”
Ethan Hawke, “Boyhood”
Edward Norton, “Birdman”
Mark Ruffalo, “Foxcatcher”
J.K. Simmons, “Whiplash”
Best Director — Motion Picture
Wes Anderson, “The Grand Budapest Hotel”
Ava DuVernay, “Selma”
David Fincher, “Gone Girl”
Alejandro González Iñárritu, “Birdman”
Richard Linklater, “Boyhood”
Best Screenplay – Motion Picture
“The Grand Budapest Hotel,” by Wes Anderson
“Gone Girl,” by Gillian Flynn
“Birdman,” by Alejandro González Iñárritu, Nicolás Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris and Armando Bo
“Boyhood,” by Richard Linklater
“The Imitation Game,” by Graham Moore
Best Original Score — Motion Picture
“The Imitation Game,” by Alexandre Desplat
“The Theory of Everything,” by Jóhann Jóhannsson
“Gone Girl,” by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross
“Birdman,” by Antonio Sanchez
“Interstellar,” by Hans Zimmer
Best Original Song — Motion Picture
“Big Eyes,” from “Big Eyes,” by Lana Del Ray
“Glory,” from “Selma,” by John Legend and Common
“Mercy Is,” from “Noah,” by Patti Smith and Lenny Kaye
“Opportunity,” from “Annie,” by Greg Kurstin, Sia Furler and Will Gluck
“Yellow Flicker Beat,” from “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1,” by Lorde
Best Television Series – Drama
“ The Affair,” Showtime
“Downton Abbey,” PBS
“Game of Thrones,” HBO
“The Good Wife,” CBS
“House of Cards,” Netflix
Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama
Claire Danes, “Homeland”
Viola Davis, “How to Get Away with Murder”
Julianna Margulies, “The Good Wife”
Ruth Wilson, “The Affair”
Robin Wright, “House of Cards”
Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama
Clive Owen, “The Knick”
Liev Schreiber, “Ray Donovan”
Kevin Spacey, “House of Cards”
James Spader, “The Blacklist”
Dominic West, “The Affair”
Best Television Series — Comedy or Musical
“Jane the Virgin,” The CW
“Orange is the New Black,” Netflix
“Silicon Valley,” HBO
“Transparent,” Amazon Instant Video
Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series — Comedy or Musical
Lena Dunham, “Girls”
Edie Falco, “Nurse Jackie”
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, “Veep”
Gina Rodriguez, “Jane the Virgin”
Taylor Schilling, “Orange is the New Black”
Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series — Comedy or Musical
Louis C.K., “Louie”
Don Cheadle, “House of Lies”
Ricky Gervais, “Derek”
William H. Macy, “Shameless”
Jeffrey Tambor, “Transparent”
Best Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
“The Missing,” Starz
“The Normal Heart,” HBO
“Olive Kitteridge,” HBO
“True Detective,” HBO
Best Performance by an Actress in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Maggie Gyllenhaal, “The Honorable Woman”
Jessica Lange, “American Horror Story: Freak Show”
Frances McDormand, “Olive Kitteridge”
Frances O’Connor, “The Missing”
Allison Tolman, “Fargo”
Best Performance by an Actor in a Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Martin Freeman, “Fargo”
Woody Harrelson, “True Detective”
Matthew McConaughey, “True Detective”
Mark Ruffalo, “The Normal Heart”
Billy Bob Thornton, “Fargo”
Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Uzo Aduba, “Orange is the New Black”
Kathy Bates, “American Horror Story: Freak Show”
Joanne Froggatt, “Downton Abbey”
Allison Janney, “Mom”
Michelle Monaghan, “True Detective”
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television
Matt Bomer, “The Normal Heart”
Alan Cumming, “The Good Wife”
Colin Hanks, “Fargo”
Bill Murray, “Olive Kitteridge”
Jon Voight, “Ray Donovan”
The Golden Globes will air Live! on January 11th, 2015 and will be hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler
ONTD, are you happy, sad? Did your faves score a nod or were they shut out??
- Premiered with two other, now cancelled, romantic comedy shows (A to Z and Manhattan Love Story) and was the best of the pack.
- Remaining episodes are airing on Hulu on Tuesdays
- Being cancelled has given the show the freedom to really explore the chemistry between John Cho and Karen Gillan instead of needlessly dragging things out. It's made a good show even better.
This week's episode was fantastic, even though it was almost too real for me. Can't wait for the final three episodes!
Easily the most exciting thing to come out of Sweden - apart from Alexander Skarsgaard's butt - The Pirate Bay torrent site was shut down a couple of days ago after a police raid on its servers in Stockholm.
Co-founder Peter Sunde wrote in a blog post: (source is here)
TPB has become an institution that people just expected to be there. Noone willing to take the technology further. The site was ugly, full of bugs, old code and old design. It never changed except for one thing – the ads. More and more ads was filling the site, and somehow when it felt unimaginable to make these ads more distasteful they somehow ended up even worse.
The original deal with TPB was to close it down on it’s tenth birthday. Instead, on that birthday, there was a party in it’s “honour” in Stockholm. It was sponsored by some sexist company that sent young girls, dressed in almost no clothes, to hand out freebies to potential customers. There was a ticket price to get in, automatically excluding people with no money. The party had a set line-up with artists, scenes and so on, instead of just asking the people coming to bring the content. Everything went against the ideals that I worked for during my time as part of TPB.
So basically, fair points to him, he DGAF, etc. Always good to see people take a stand against sexism...
Meanwhile, let's take a look at what the commoners on the streets have to say. "I can't wait to start spending my hard earned cash on expensive DVD's and Blu Rays instead of my rent and education," said nobody ever. "The only reason why I even exist on this godforsaken planet is to fund Tom Cruises's lifestyle."
Absolutely nobody else agreed. "I enjoy going to the cinema and paying in blood for overpriced popcorn and soft drinks. Hollywood movies are so original, well written and diverse, they deserve all the money they can get, poor starving producers!"
Meanwhile, Europeans and other non US citizens grit their teeth into stubs as they patiently try to explain to their American friends that no, Netflix and other legal streaming sites are not always an option because in some countries those services don't even fucking exist.
More info at the BBC (Source).
He really thought it was fatal attraction smh.
ONTD, have you ever dealt with a crazy ex?
General Washington tyfyt
The Russian Orthodox Church has succeeded in shutting down a giant "Eye of Sauron" installation on top of a Moscow tower intended to promote the Hobbit movie trilogy.
The exhibit would have featured a giant red eye as a symbol of Sauron, the evil lord of the Middle Earth, on top of one of Moscow's new skyscrapers. It would have been launched Wednesday night as Moscow gets ready for the premiere of "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies," the latest movie of the saga of the Ring.
The conservative Orthodox church didn't like it one bit. The Russian state-funded broadcaster RT writes that the church's spokesperson, Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin, took to Govorit Moskva radio to say: "such a symbol of triumphant evil rising above Moscow and becoming one of the tallest objects in the city … is it good or bad? I am afraid it's mostly bad. One shouldn't be surprised if something goes wrong with the city after that." He went on to call the eye a symbol of Satan.
The piece of art would have measured 1 meter in diameter and would have been put on the roof of the "IQ-quarter" complex in Moscow International Business Center "Moscow-City."
In the novel from J.R.R. Tolkien, the red eye symbolizes the evil lord's wish to control everything, an allusion that many critics link to state surveillance.
As you are well aware writers Maurissa Tancharoen and Jed Whedon had teased from before Season 2 aired that we would see Agent Melinda May's life changing story in Bahrain. Well my friends it looks like the writers are keeping to their word.
Hollywood Reporter broke that Blair Underwood, who's credits include The Event, Dirty Sexy Money, In Treatment and the ill fated Ironside. will be Playing a recurring role as Dr. Andrew Garner Melinda May's mystery Ex Husband we had been wondering out since Melinda May's marriage Bombshell confession. He is currently filming as we speak and will make his debut in an episode aired in March.
What do you think Melinda May Fans? Stoked?
Johnny Trinh, 59, was assaulted by a 16 year old Mark Wahlberg in 1988. He's speaking out for the first time about the assault.
-He says he wasn't blinded by Mark, but was punched in the face. He lost his left eye in the Vietnam war.
-He thinks Mark should have the crime expunged from his record because he paid for his crime in jail.
-He would like to meet Mark in person to tell him he doesn't hold a grudge.
The trifecta of current ONTD faves! Y'all will deal with their slayage! dedicated to meghan_trainor!
taylorswift: Got to see Emma KILL IT in Cabaret last night! Every new project she takes on is even more excellent than her last and it has inspired me since the day I met her 7 years ago
behatiprinsloo: Can we please talk about @taylorswift perfect cats...
lilyaldridge: Kisses 💋 @adrianalima @taylorswift @karliekloss #VsFashionShow
romolo23: So we bumped into @caradelevingne in the loo and then @kendalljenner showed up and then @taylorswift photo bombed us!!!!
Taylor, Cara, and Kendall out in NYC
Sony’s Amy Pascal Apologizes for Obama Emails: ‘Not Who I Am’ http://t.co/pBicSPO568— Variety (@Variety) December 11, 2014
Sony Pictures co-chairman Amy Pascal: “The content of my emails were insensitive and inappropriate but are not an accurate reflection of who I am. Although this was a private communication that was stolen, I accept full responsibility for what I wrote and apologize to everyone who was offended.”
This was the convo between her and producer Scott Rudin during the Sony Hack fiasco:
Rudin: “Would [Obama] like to finance some movies.”
Pascal: “I doubt it. Should I ask him if he liked DJANGO?”
Rudin: “12 YEARS.”
Pascal: “Or the butler. Or think like a man? [sic]”
Rudin: “Ride-along. I bet he likes Kevin Hart.”
Mamoru Hosada (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Wolf Children) has announced that his new film "Bakemono no Ko" (The Boy and the Beast). The film will open in Japan on July 11, 2015.
"The movie is a training story about a boy who was separated from his parents and becomes a disciple of a bakemono (supernatural creature). It's going to be a traditional yet novel story."
The movie will be set both in Tokyo's Shibuya ward as well as the bakemono/monster realm... in these two worlds lives a lonely boy and a lonely bakemono. After the boy gets lost in the bakemono world, he becomes the disciple of the bakemono.
A fansubbed Psycho Pass movie trailer.
An interview with Naruto's author Masashi Kishimoto.
According to crunchyroll:
- he always intended to end the series with a battle between Naruto and Sasuke
- he didn't write too much romance in the manga because he felt embarrassed
- however the themes of love will be apparent in the naruto last movie
There will be a NEW Naruto film scheduled to be released 2015 August. Bolt Uzumaki, Naruto's son, will be the new protagonist. Bolt appeared in the last chapters of the manga. Kishimoto will also be working on a short-term serialization based on the Naruto manga for Spring 2015.
"I am currently thinking about a story between Bolt and Sasuke's daughter Salad. Sasuke and Sakura will be in it, too," and added, "I am also thinking about Bolt's lethal technique."
Shoujo mangaka Amu Meguro (Honey) drew her take on The Fault in Our Stars.
source: crunchyroll, 2, 3, 4
- also Durarara!! season 2 has been confirmed for three cour (30+ episodes)
general anime post? what did you think of naruto's ending??