Articles on this Page
- 12/09/14--06:38: _Rita Ora on her Hol...
- 12/09/14--06:48: _Mark Hamill to repr...
- 12/09/14--06:49: _Martin Freeman talk...
- 12/09/14--06:49: _ONTD's XMAS ANTHEM!...
- 12/09/14--06:50: _K. Michelle Won't S...
- 12/09/14--06:51: _Are You The One Fin...
- 12/09/14--06:51: _CUTENESS RETURNED A...
- 12/09/14--06:51: _ONTD's Austrian Pri...
- 12/09/14--06:51: _Abercrombie CEO ste...
- 12/09/14--08:52: _Mr Jamie Dornan Pos...
- 12/09/14--08:52: _Joaquin Phoenix on ...
- 12/09/14--08:52: _Legendarrie Underwo...
- 12/09/14--08:55: _Best of ONTDers 201...
- 12/09/14--09:23: _Nicki Minaj’s Evolu...
- 12/09/14--09:33: _ONTD Original: 15 p...
- 12/09/14--09:49: _Freida Pinto and Ju...
- 12/09/14--10:25: _Wendy Williams come...
- 12/09/14--10:26: _Future Wal-Mart Emp...
- 12/09/14--10:26: _'Agents of S.H.I.E....
- 12/10/14--06:19: _Jessica Chastain's ...
- 12/09/14--06:48: Mark Hamill to reprise 'Trickster' role in the CW's The Flash!
- 12/09/14--06:49: Martin Freeman talks about going nude for roles
- 12/09/14--06:49: ONTD's XMAS ANTHEM! by Willam, Alaswastika and Courtney Act
- 12/09/14--06:50: K. Michelle Won't Stop Fighting Until She's Heard
- 12/09/14--06:51: Are You The One Finale - Did They Win?
- 12/09/14--06:51: CUTENESS RETURNED AND WE DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT IT, ONTD
- 12/09/14--06:51: ONTD's Austrian Prince for M magazine
- 12/09/14--06:51: Abercrombie CEO steps down
- 12/09/14--08:52: Joaquin Phoenix on Letterman 12/08/14
- 12/09/14--08:52: Legendarrie Underwood Sings to her Baby, discusses Mike's singing
- 12/09/14--08:55: Best of ONTDers 2014 ANNOUNCEMENT!
- 12/09/14--09:23: Nicki Minaj’s Evolution of Looks
- 12/09/14--09:33: ONTD Original: 15 pop girl ballads that will make you miss the 90s
- 12/09/14--09:49: Freida Pinto and Justin Theroux at Audemars Piguet Presentation
- 12/09/14--10:25: Wendy Williams comes after Taylor #thirsty Swift!
- 12/09/14--10:26: Future Wal-Mart Employees Turn Down for #YouTubeRewind
- 12/10/14--06:19: Jessica Chastain's Boyfriend Is A Famewhore & Gold digger
ONTD favorite and rising pop princess Rita Ora is shocked at her future movie career. She's looking forward to tell everyone that she's going to be part of some "very big" Hollywood projects for 2015, and y'all better be ready for her slayage!
The Kosovar-British songstress will debut as an actress in the hottest Hollywood movie, 'Fifty Shades of Grey' as the lead character's sister Mia Grey. "Yes, definitely more roles. I haven't announced anything yet but there are a lot of projects coming out next year and they're very big so I'm really looking forward to you checking them out. People have been calling a lot. I can't believe how it's just flipped [from music to acting] but for me, my focus is the album. It comes out next month and the single features someone really exciting. Basically, I've worked hard for this, so it's going to be good."
She's currently working on her delayed but anticipated sophomore album, but she's still busy being a judge on The Voice UK. She also loved the fun of working in the movies. In addition to her "catching the acting bug" statement last month, she also added: "[...] Even though it's only a little part, it's opened the door to a lot of things that are coming out with the movie, things that haven't actually been announced yet. It's going to make a lot of waves. It's going to be awesome."
Are you ready, ONTD? She's starring with future Oscar winner Jake Gyllenhaal next year in 'Southpaw' so get ready for her Oscar, tbh!
For all fans of the 90s 'Flash' series, here's a reunion you will love. John Wesley Shipp, the actor who originally played the speedster on TV, plays the father of Barry Allen in the CW series of the same name. And for a reunion, the original James Jesse aka The Trickster, Mark Hamill himself will reprise his role, although in a different take and spin on the character.
In a short press release, Hamill's character would be "an anarchist terrorist con man serving a life sentence in Iron Heights who helps Barry (Grant Gustin) and Det. West (Jesse L. Martin) to foil the city-wide attacks of a wannabe Trickster eagerly following in the original's deadly footsteps."
'The Flash' executive producer Andrew Kreisberg couldn't hide his excitement on this great news, either. "Having Mark reprise his role as The Trickster was on our original wish list when we were planning our version of The Flash. Christmas and Chanukah came early for us this year when he said yes! We are beyond humbled and excited to have him joining us for another round of deadly trickery!"
The Trickster is set to appear on The Flash's seventeenth episode, which will air next year.
Actor Martin Freeman prefers going au naturel for nude scenes in films/TV. He says that film crews give actors a pouch thing, that is "like a medieval purse" and essentially tied around their junk.
"Over the course of shooting, it starts to fall off," Freeman goes on to say,"so after a few jobs, I said to the woman in question ‘would you mind, if it doesn’t offend you, I’m just going to go with what God gave me’. Because it’s so humiliating. I think if the woman is not offended, I would rather just be naked.”
Any actors you want to see go with what God gave them, ontd?
Is Courtney trying to be Ariana trying to be Mariah? Girl, no
-On breaking into the business as an African-American woman: "It's almost impossible to break as an African-American woman right now without TV. Reality TV put eyes on me—but it makes it difficult when it comes to Grammy nominations."
-The honesty in her music: "Sometimes I don't need to be as honest as I am. But being honest is what allows me to go to sleep at night. I write songs because it's like therapy."
-On the misogyny in recent music: "I'm not very appreciative of the way men are treating women. They're treating women like enemies. They're saying all kinds of things about women. Nowadays they treat us like trash and I'm not. For. That."
-Why she doesn't buy into the "good girl vs. bad girl dichotomy": "I identify with them (strippers & side chicks) because I used to be a dancer. I had a college degree when I was a stripper—it was in psychology. I was a stripper, and I'd help the girls fill out their college applications in the strip club. It's not always what you think."
-On working with domestic violence victims & her own abuse: "You think your story is bad, then you talk to these women. Every city, I was crying. But looking at how I was treated when I talked about my abuse, I see why women don't come out. They get told, well, you're to blame.
-Why she'll keep fighting for women: "Abuse comes in all forms: physical, mental. And for me to have physical abuse happen, but for society to say it isn't to their standards—you know, for the women I'm fighting for, that lets me know how sick things are. A lot of organizations won't take action. Not until somebody's dead. Something has to happen for women and I'm going to keep fighting. It's sickening and disgusting."
Read the full interview at The Fader
source: Hollywood Life
Hulu is airing the remaining episodes of Certified Gem Selfie weekly on Tuesdays (Wednesdays?).
So far, episodes 8 and 9 are online (SO CUTE) with a new episode airing either today or tomorrow.
Get on it ONTD!
brought to you by John Cho's Adam's Apple and my English class doing an assessment right now whilst I sit here on ONTD
Abercrombie and Fitch CEO Mike Jefferies has resigned. He became CEO in 1992.
The retailer had 11 straight quarters of declining sales.
"It has been an honor to lead this extraordinarily talented group of people," Jeffries said in a statement. "I believe now is the right time for new leadership to take the company forward in the next phase of its development."
i'm not posting his face, yw
Jamie accepting IMDb’s ‘Top 10 Breakout Stars of 2014’ Award
Jamie supports Holywood town (Northern Ireland)
Promo for the "The Fall" finale (it will air on Dec 17th)
Actress Aisling Franciosi – Katie in "The Fall" – gave an interview to the website Image daily in which she talks about Jamie several times, mostly how disgusting it was to spit on him and amazing he is.
All the extracts about Jamie from her interview below:
Now we know you probably get asked this all of the time, but what is it really like working with Jamie Dornan, please tell us he’s nothing like his character in real life!?
- No not at all, he’s so, so lovely. He’s so down to earth and has a really good sense of humour and he’s so self-deprecating! It just makes it so much easier to work with someone when you know they don’t take themselves seriously. We had a few scenes that were kind of tough so having someone that you get one well with, and is really caring and supportive is really helpful in that situation. And apart from that, he always gave a performance even when the camera wasn’t on him, which helps the whole scene and gives you something better to act off. He’s a very giving, supportive actor.
Was there a big difference for the cast after he had filmed 50 Shades?
- Obviously when we did season one, he hadn’t done 50 Shades of Grey yet. People were just stopping him for photos an awful lot and hanging around waiting to see him. Even on Twitter people were like, ‘I think that there’s some filming going on, maybe Jamie’s down there’ which is just crazy! It just shows how much things can change in a year, you know? But he deserves all the success that he gets because he is such a great actor. I’ve said it before but I’m protective of him in a way in the sense that he gets so objectified because obviously he’s very good looking but first and foremost he’s a really talented actor.
And tell us about that scene in episode three…
- Yeah, my brother was like, “you’re breaking Twitter!” I knew that people would kind of react to that a bit obviously because it’s very sensitive material obviously if you look at it. I mean she’s a 16 year old girl and he’s a serial killer. But I felt totally safe doing it, everyone was very respectful. And as I said, Jamie and I get on very well anyway and we can trust each other. The hardest bit of that whole scene was actually having to spit on him! I actually went into the corridor and was trying to practice spitting. Whatever about spitting when you’re brushing your teeth or something, but I actually don’t spit… So one of the notes I got from the director was, “we’re going to need more spit, just you know, really hawk up”. And I was like, ‘I actually can’t do that, you’re asking me to spit on Jamie’s face, this is so gross!’.
previous episode of The Fall was so so good! Colin, Jamie and, of course, Gillian did great! can't wait for the finale, i bet it'll be shocking
source | source | source | source
announces his engagement, does some yoga moves, and talks about his 'i'm still here' phase
Check her out talking about how she sings good to her baby where she can't mess up the words. She also discusses Mike's "singing" and laughs her head off. Still stays classy as she is.
Have all of you bought her greatest hits?? I have. Her greatest hits album is not out!
It's that time of year again, ONTD! Since you asked last year if I could tell you some time in advance about the post so you don't forget (and also so you can dig up some of the old stuff lmao), I am doing it now, so have your links, suggestions and choices prepared for this year's Best of ONTDers list that I will be making by the end of the month (I will let you know few days early when exactly I will be making the post so you can be there on time). And pay attention to some of the interesting posts from now on so we can include those too.
Here's last year's list:
If you have any questions or suggestions, or you just want to discuss anything ONTD related, just write in the comments! :)
you can go OT here :)
If you listen to the radio today, you probably won't hear many ballads, but back in the 90s, pop radio was all about them. Here are some of the most memorable 90s pop ballads sung by women.
Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U (1990)
Originally written by Prince in 1984, this song was made famous when Sinead O'Connor released it as a single in 1990. The song was a worldwide hit, peaking at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Roxette - It Must Have Been Love (1990)
This song was first released in Europe in 1987, but was later released in the United States in 1990, when it was included on the soundtrack to "Pretty Woman." The song became Roxette's third #1 hit, staying at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 for two weeks.
Vanessa Williams - Save The Best For Last (1992)
This song was the biggest success of Vanessa Williams' career, spending five weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You (1992)
Dolly Parton's original version peaked at #53 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1982, but it wasn't until Whitney Houston recorded the song for "The Bodyguard" soundtrack in 1992 that it became a hit. Whitney's version was absolutely massive, spending fourteen weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100.
Madonna - Take A Bow (1994)
This song is taken from Madonna's sixth studio album, "Bedtime Stories." It was released in 1994 and spent seven weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100. This would be Madonna's last #1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 in the 90s.
Selena - Dreaming Of You (1995)
This song was released in 1995 after Selena's murder. It was Selena's highest peaking single on the Billboard Hot 100, landing at #22.
No Doubt - Don't Speak (1996)
Although this song did not chart on the Billboard Hot 100, it was was #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 Airplay chart for sixteen weeks.
Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me (1996)
This Diane Warren-penned track serves as the theme song to the 1996 movie "Up Close & Personal." It stayed at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart for six weeks.
Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart (1996)
Also written by Diane Warren, Toni Braxton's biggest hit of her career stayed at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for eleven weeks.
Leann Rimes - How Do I Live (1997)
Another Diane Warren-penned tracked, this is Leann Rimes' biggest hit, peaking at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Spice Girls - 2 Become 1 (1997)
This was the Spice Girls' third single. It peaked a #4 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Mariah Carey - My All (1997)
This song was Mariah Carey's thirteenth chart topper.
Shania Twain - From This Moment On (1998)
This song peaked at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming Shania Twain's second top 5 hit.
Brandy - Have You Ever? (1998)
Written by Diane Warren, this song was Brandy's second and last Billboard Hot 100 chart-topper.
Jessica Simpson - I Wanna Love You Forever (1999)
Jessica Simpson's debut single is her only top 10 hit in the United States. It peaked at #3.
SOURCES: me + youtube + wikipedia
Freida Pinto, Justine Theroux and Serena Williams attended Audemars Piguet Presentation at Art Basel in Miami. Freida is wearing Michelle Mason dress, Khbeis Clutch and Ferragamo Shoes.
ONTD, was YOUR fave YouTuber featured in #YouTubeRewind?
Praying that Ultron shows up early to punch Ward in the face.
Word on the street is Jessica Chastain has a helluva hard time convincing her Italian beau Gianluca Passi De Preposulo to propose to her and start a new European-American, Hollywood-Fashion-esque Royalty. According to insiders, Jessica is ready to settle down and ditch a few Oscar-baiting movies in favor of making beautiful ginger-haired babies, but Gianluca is having none of it because he is not a marrying type of guy. The insiders (who are absolutely not affilitated with Sony) claim the only reason Gianluca is bothering with the ONTD fav is because of Jessica's money and the attention he gets from being Mr. Chastain's Official Boyfriend. Ouch!
Anonymous source who spoke with the journalists at Ok Magazine have revealed Mr. Italian Count defensive tactics & agenda:
"When she gets clingy and annoying with wedding talk, he'll act interested, but it's just to keep the peace...but Gian Luca mostly ignores her."
"His friends are shocked that it has lasted this long."
"But she's a huge actress and has a lot of money, so he's staying for the time being."
"He doesn't want to get married, but he loves the attention he gets from being Jess's boyfriend."
"He is keeping his options open and gets bored with Jessica because she doesn’t like to go out and drink"
Any words of advice for Jessica, ONTD?