Articles on this Page
- 10/26/14--10:12: _Life After Korra or...
- 10/26/14--10:12: _THG's Interviews: J...
- 10/26/14--10:13: _Britney's 'Blackout...
- 10/26/14--10:13: _Light Skin Harry St...
- 10/26/14--10:14: _Kevin Costner makes...
- 10/26/14--10:14: _Anna speaks up abou...
- 10/26/14--10:16: _Megan Fox looks HOL...
- 10/27/14--12:07: _Benedict Cumberbatc...
- 10/27/14--12:07: _New Single: Imagine...
- 10/27/14--12:07: _Iwan Rheon post
- 10/27/14--12:08: _Mark Rylance cast a...
- 10/27/14--12:08: _What's Taylor Swift...
- 10/27/14--12:09: _Elle UK Praises Ban...
- 10/27/14--12:30: _Martin Lawrence 201...
- 10/27/14--12:42: _BASTILLE - The Driver
- 10/27/14--12:46: _ONTD Original: 5 Cl...
- 10/27/14--12:47: _ONTD Original - The...
- 10/27/14--13:05: _Full Video of MTV's...
- 10/27/14--13:06: _Walmart apologizes ...
- 10/27/14--13:19: _Chill out it's not ...
- 10/26/14--10:12: Life After Korra or The End of an Avatar Era
- Zuko's daughter is named
HonoraIzumi and will have a speaking role later.
- Everyone seems to think that Lin and Su's father(s) will be revealed, but Mike only said that there would be more Toph in season 4 and people are running with that so.
- Zuko's dragon (Druk) is a descendant of Ran and Shaw from The Firebending Masters
- Sokka and Suki 'moved to the suburbs'
- Everyone wants a soundtrack from Legend of Korra but Nick doesn't want to for god knows what reason
- Bryke 'don't know what the people want' re: Romance
- 10/26/14--10:13: Britney's 'Blackout' Album Turns 7 Years Old Today: A Look Back
- 10/26/14--10:13: Light Skin Harry Styles Gets Into A Kerfuffle On His Birthday
- 10/26/14--10:14: Kevin Costner makes out with his daughter
- 10/26/14--10:14: Anna speaks up about molestation, says June didn't believe her
- 10/27/14--12:07: Benedict Cumberbatch might be Doctor Strange
- 10/27/14--12:07: New Single: Imagine Dragons - I Bet My Life
- 10/27/14--12:07: Iwan Rheon post
- 10/27/14--12:08: Mark Rylance cast as the BFG
- 10/27/14--12:08: What's Taylor Swift's Second Single From 1989?
- 10/27/14--12:09: Elle UK Praises Bananarama Clamcrotch for Putting On A Shirt
- 10/27/14--12:30: Martin Lawrence 2014--IT'S OVER.
- 10/27/14--12:42: BASTILLE - The Driver
- 10/27/14--12:46: ONTD Original: 5 Classic J-Pop Scandals
- 10/27/14--12:47: ONTD Original - The 10 Best Heidi Montag Songs
- 10/27/14--13:05: Full Video of MTV's The State Reunion at Festival Supreme
- 10/27/14--13:06: Walmart apologizes for 'Fat Girl Costumes' section
- 10/27/14--13:19: Chill out it's not official
So the Avatar Wikia had a Q&A with the initial creators of the Avatarverse, Bryan Konietzko and Mike DiMartino.
DiMartino talked about writing 'Korra Alone';
Check out the November issue here
- He talks about the freedom the studio gave him so he could make the story he envisioned and how great is the collaboration between the studio, the producers, the actors, and the author Suzanne.
- "Catching Fire ratcheted up from The Hunger Games, and I’d say Mockingjay ratchets up from Catching Fire. We’re getting closer to war. We’re not in the Games anymore. But it’s the same story and heading towards the resolution."
- "Part 2 is a war movie, and Part 1 is, in a weird way, a propaganda movie."
The December issue of Total Film is on UK and select US newsstands now, and the digital edition is available in the US.
Read the full article here.
7 years ago today, Britney Spears''Blackout' came out. Let's take a look back at some highlights from Britney's least promoted, yet critically acclaimed era, which gave us the iconic phrase "It's Britney, bitch."
2. Piece of Me
4. Break the Ice
5. Heaven on Earth
6. Get Naked (I Got a Plan)
8. Toy Soldier
9. Hot as Ice
10. Ooh Ooh Baby
11. Perfect Lover
12. Why Should I Be Sad
The VMA Performance
Britney kicked off the Blackout era by performing "Gimme More', the album's lead single, at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards. Everyone remembers this performance, but not because of how good it was. This is Britney's only televised appearance during the 'Blackout' era.
The Music Videos
Britney only released three singles from 'Blackout'. 'Radar' was originally supposed to be the fourth single from 'Blackout', but plans for its release were scrapped due to Britney's lack of involvement in promoting the album, coupled with the fact that she had already begun work on her follow-up album, 'Circus'. 'Radar' was included on 'Circus' and released as the fourth single for that album.
The video for 'Gimme More' is most famous for being a rushed, poorly-shot mess which features Spears dancing around a stripper pole. The song peaked at number 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.
The 'Piece of Me' video is most famous for featuring shots of a digitally altered Spears. This video won Britney the Best Female Video, Best Pop Video, and Video of the Year awards at the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards. The song peaked at number 18 on the Billboard Hot 100.
The video for 'Break the Ice' was Britney's first animated video. The song peaked at number 43 on the Billboard Hot 100.
SOURCES: me + youtube + wikipedia
What are your favorite songs off of 'Blackout'?
Drake -- Explodes in Anger ... Hurls Thousands in Cash http://t.co/yLjP5E6lCd— TMZ (@TMZ) October 26, 2014
• Drake Celebrated his birthday at a club in DC last night
• Supposedly someone threw a punch at a member of his entourage
• He tried to storm back into the club (presumably to fight) and dropped a brick of cash
• Some woman sneaks over to try to pick it up
Would you have gone for the cash, ONTD?
Sources 1, 2
Honey Boo Boo's Anna: 'I would feel hurt' if Mama June is dating my molester http://t.co/4op0T5WTpc— People magazine (@peoplemag) October 26, 2014
just fucking wow
For some reason they're still promoting this movie that came out in early August... Do blockbusters typically have a million premieres spread across 3 months?
Either way, Megan looks fab:
Benedict Cumberbatch in Early Talks to Star in 'Doctor Strange' http://t.co/3fMhmkC8WO— TheWrap (@TheWrap) 27 Ekim 2014
From a new interview:
On OurGirl:"It is a story about the soldiers, it’s not a political piece. It’s not about the ins and outs of whether they should be there, it’s telling a story about these soldiers because they are there whatever the politicians decide to do."
On Misfits and Simon: "I think he was just a really confused, fucked-up boy. He’d been having a really bad time. The thing is about that scene in the club is that he thought about it, and went to do it, and then didn’t, he thought ‘that’s not me’, and that really disturbed him even more. He’s kind of a poor lonely soul who’s got nobody. But the progression was really good. The most fun was series two and three, getting the original Simon character to gradually become this superhero character. I really enjoyed that, just putting in little moments and slowly building his confidence until he became who he was destined to be."
On Game of Thrones and Ramsay Bolton: "I think he is [happy]. I think that’s the key to him. None of it is hurting him. The only thing he really wants is for his dad to respect him and make him his son, apart from that, he’s just quite an evil psychopath with no empathy, so he’s happy about what he’s doing, he really enjoys doing it. I think that was the key to the character for me to play it, that there’s joy in all this stuff, as opposed to just being like [adopts over the top villainous accent] evil! Mwahaha! He just sees it all as being really fun. It’s like a fun game, he’s basically Dennis the Menace."
Full interview at the Source
Three-time Tony Award winner and two-time Olivier Award winner Mark Rylance has been cast as the Big Friendly Giant in Steven Spielberg's adaptation of Roadl Dahl's The BFG.
Says Spielberg, “I am excited and thrilled that Mark will be making this journey with us to Giant Country. Everything about his career so far is about making the courageous choice and I'm honored he has chosen The BFG as his next big screen performance.”
According to Dahl's widow, The BFG was his favorite out of all his stories.
More at the Source
which one of these flawless 13 songs will next grace your radio?
and b/c it's relevant, Taylor talking about writing Blank Space:
“I had been thinking a lot about how the media has created this complex, fictionalized cartoon version of me, you know, this man-eating, jet-setting serial dater who reels them in, but scares them off because she’s clingy and needy; then she’s all dejected, so she goes into her lair and writes a song as a weapon. I mean, man, that’s pretty intense. And I started thinking about what an interesting character that person is. And, if I was that person, what would my life motto be, my mantra? What would I say? I think I’d own it.” (basically Taylor Swift is gonna gone girl herself)
Impacts HAC radio (and presumably pop as well) on November 11th.
it's # 3 on iTunes already :'(
Benedict Cumberbatch is the latest male celebrity to put on the top in support of feminism, joining the likes of those other ones who did it. If you too would like to support feminism with money, the shirt is available as a sweater, as a phone case, and also clutch bag. The photo is released in collabaroation with Whistles for the Fawcett Society. Elle's feminism issue comes out at some point in space and time. The picture accompanies an article about why David Cameron is afraid to call himself a feminist.
who should she date next?
Taken from VS. (Other People’s Heartache pt. III) and Zane Lowe's Re-score to the film "Drive".
5. Ayumi Hamasaki vs. Her Men
Ayumi Hamasaki was once the biggest name in J-pop, but now she can barely sell an album. For the past three years she has coincidentally gotten into a new publicized relationship(including two marriages) each time she released a new album. For her 2011 album "Party Queen" she married Manuel Schwarz, an Austrian model who she had met 5 months prior on the set of her music video for "Virgin Road". She divorced him in early 2012. When she was releasing music from her 2012 album "Love Again" she began dating her background dancer, Maro. Once promotions for the album were basically over she dumped him, he later revealed on TV that he is now homeless and eating grass. Her latest relationship occurred less than two weeks before releasing the first single from her 2013 album "Colors". She announced that she was dating a 26 year old American medical student. They ended up getting married three months after going public with their relationship and are still married to this day.
4. Erika Sawajiri vs. The World
Multitalented teen superstar and all around bad bitch Erika Sawajiri has had success in TV, movies and music. At the press conference for her 2007 movie "Closed Note" Sawajiri showed up with an attitude that was worse than her new fried blonde hair. She spent the entire press conference for the movie giving small rushed answers. When asked by reporters about how she felt while baking cookies for the director of the movie she iconically answered "Betsu ni"(nothing). The next month she married a man 22 years older than her and spent the next few years battling rumors of substance abuse(weed). She recently made a strong comeback with the hit movie "Helter Skelter" and her new TV drama "First Class".
3. Ami Suzuki vs. The Industry
Ami Suzuki was constantly at the top of the Japanese music charts in the late 90's. Her relationship with famed producer Komuro Tetsuya and a good management company helped her release hit after hit. Around the release of her third album Ami's parents entered a lawsuit with her record company, who recently came under fire for underreporting their earnings to avoid paying taxes. Once the lawsuit ended Ami became blacklisted from the entertainment industry. Her best of album was released early in 2001 and debuted at #1 on the harts despite Ami's disappearance. She later made a comeback in 2005 and spent the last of the 2000's releasing electropop, which was all the rage with Japanese hipsters at the time.
2. The Tragic Life of Namie Amuro
Amuro Namie is one of the most popular Japanese artist of all time. In 1998, after a year long pregnancy leave, Amuro returned to the music industry. On the day of the release of her second single from her new album, Amuro's step uncle murdered her mother by running her over and stabbing her with an axe. Her step father was also harmed during the event but lived. Her step uncle later committed suicide. Three years later Amuro divorced her husband and lost parental rights over her son. She has since gained them back but is still reported to have a strained relationship with him. Maybe these are the reasons as to why she literally never smiles, like ever.
1. The Tragic Life of Maki Goto
Maki Goto was one of the most popular members of the late 90's girl group Morning Musume. Her life was pretty depressing and still kind of is. Her father died when she was in elementary school by falling off a cliff during a hiking trip. Once she gained fame her brother was scouted to be a rapper for a music group. He was caught underage at a strip club and was fired from his agency and blacklisted from the entertainment industry. He would later go on to steal $10,000 worth of electrical equipment and land himself in prison. Years later after releasing multiple solo work Maki's mother drunkenly fell off the balcony at the Goto family home while Maki was in another room. Since then she has been on a hiatus from the music industry and spends all of her time in her apartment playing the video game Monster Hunter, in which she has the highest logged score in Japan.
Sources: Google Images, myself
Heidi Montag's debut album 'Superficial' came out almost 5 years ago, but its impact is still felt throughout the music industry today. Turn up the volume as we take a trip down memory lane, counting down her 10 best songs and looking back at some of the then-unknown singers and songwriters who got their start helping Heidi create her vision, and how Heidi's influence forever changed the pop landscape as we know it.
10. More Is More (Dave Aude Radio Edit) - We start the list with Heidi’s first and only Billboard chart entry. ‘More Is More’ was a minor club hit for Heidi, peaking at number 27 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs chart.
Quotable:“It’s fucking chaos in here”
9. Fashion - Produced by RedOne and written by Lady Gaga, this song sees Heidi naming off her favorite brands and designers. Gaga’s version lacks the fun and personality that Heidi brings to this song.
8. Overdosin’ - Ke$ha wasn’t the first popstar to use addiction as a metaphor for love: it was Heidi Montag! The music video sees Heidi Montag paying homage to Olivia Newton-John’s ‘Physical’ video.
Quotable:“I feel like I’m an addict with a habit and you’re the drug”
7. Body Language - This is the song that Heidi Montag sang live in front of a billion people during the Miss Universe pageant in 2009, which helped to cement her status as an international pop icon. It features a sick rap verse from her husband and true love, Spencer Pratt.
Quotable:“With my eyes on a sassy pearl, Heidi Montag yeah that’s my girl”
6. One More Drink - Heidi Montag’s ‘One More Drink’ is the song which saved Dawn Richard’s life after Danity Kane broke up the first time. Heidi was generous enough to let Dawn assist in the writing of this club-ready hit, helping to kickstart her career as a songwriter. Heidi’s generosity didn’t stop there: she also gave production team The Runners their start, who later went on to produce Rihanna’s ‘Cheers (Drink to That)’ and Cher Lloyd’s ‘Swagger Jagger’.
Quotable:“Come on baby, I’m taking you home, you ain’t gotta worry, baby I’m grown”
5. Superficial - The title track off of Heidi’s debut album was also its only single. The video follows Heidi Montag’s day-to-day life as a beautiful and glamorous celebrity.
Quotable:“I’m addicted to the glitz and glamour, maybe I need Betty Ford, a rehab for my shopping habit, if I see it I gotta have it”
4. Fanatic - Most of Montag’s songs are about being a celebrity and getting chased by the paparazzi, but this song sees Heidi taking the role of the celeb-crazed stalker for the first time. This song helped to inspire Lady Gaga’s smash hit ‘Paparazzi’.
Quotable:“No need to ask ask, I’m on you like the paparazzi flash flash”
3. Blackout - Before Taylor Momsen found fame as a rockstar, she teamed up with ‘Toxic’ hitmaker Cathy Dennis to write this tender love song. Heidi’s generosity shines through once again, as she singlehandedly helped to get Momsen a record deal.
Quotable:“I’m over the stories that we’ll never make it, when I think of losing you baby I hate it”
2. Look How I’m Doing - This is the first song on Heidi’s debut album, and what a song it is! Heidi commands her audience as she tells everyone to look at how she’s doing. Don’t take your eyes off of Heidi: she makes bops!
Quotable:“Remember when I first turned 16, said you were gonna lay me in the city of dreams, but you were never man enough, that’s how it seems”
1. I’ll Do It - This is Heidi Montag’s best song. Heidi gets a little help on this track from Grammy-nominated songwriter Stacy Barthe, who later went on to write Miley Cyrus’ megahit, ‘Adore You’. Heidi Montag’s ‘I’ll Do It’ is eerily prophetic, describing the life of then-unknown Courtney Stodden.
Quotable:“Come eat my panties off of me, do whatever you feel comes naturally”
SOURCES: me + youtube + wikipedia
"Not sure labeling these as "Fat Girl Costumes" is the best approach," Krystyn Washburn tweeted at the company when she discovered the label on October 21.
Walmart's twitter account replied within the hour. "Your comments and suggestions are important to us and help make Walmart even better. Thank you. -Nao," the account wrote.
Six days later, the "Fat Girl Costumes" label was noted to have reappeared on the site.
The category remained until reports were picked up by various media outlets and it was taken down.
"This never should have been on our site," a spokesperson for Walmart, Ravi Jariwala, told ABC News. "It is unacceptable, and we apologize. We are working to remove it as soon as possible and ensure this never happens again."
Ryan Penago Marvel's online spokesperson tweets in response to the last hours worth of "official" announcements.
To recap for those who missed it. Marvel said they'd have an announcement today, Deadline two hours ago announced Cumberbatch as Dr Strange with nothing to back it up. And while usually legit this sort of news needs RECEIPTS. The cries of a thousand haters rang out. I woke up from my nap. Ryan Penago got bombarded with tweets of people asking for confirmation and the following was his most glorious response.
He also could be trolling because its Marvel it's what they do.
Source Me and Twitter
Or maybe it is...dun dun dun