Articles on this Page
- 01/08/19--04:26: _Janelle Monáe - Scr...
- 01/08/19--04:26: _Actor Christian Key...
- 01/08/19--04:27: _Netflix & Movistar+...
- 01/08/19--07:06: _Trailer for 'The Pr...
- 01/08/19--07:07: _90 Day Fiancé: The ...
- 01/08/19--07:21: _John Legend defends...
- 01/08/19--07:27: _ONTD Original: Male...
- 01/08/19--08:19: _Trailer for 'Horror...
- 01/08/19--09:35: _Lin-Manuel Miranda ...
- 01/08/19--09:36: _Lindsay Lohan Only ...
- 01/08/19--09:36: _Brian Tyree Henry o...
- 01/08/19--09:50: _Jimmy Kimmel pledge...
- 01/08/19--10:00: _ONTD Roundup
- 01/08/19--11:50: _Princess Beatrice p...
- 01/08/19--11:50: _Wayne Rooney busted...
- 01/08/19--11:53: _"Vice" Messiness
- 01/08/19--11:53: _Bill Murray spills ...
- 01/08/19--12:43: _RDJ, Chris Evans, a...
- 01/08/19--12:49: _What are Psychic Ni...
- 01/08/19--12:49: _News hot and fresh ...
- 01/08/19--04:26: Janelle Monáe - Screwed (feat. Zoë Kravitz) [Official Video]
- 01/08/19--07:06: Trailer for 'The Prodigy'
- 01/08/19--07:07: 90 Day Fiancé: The Couples' Tell-All, Part One
- 01/08/19--07:27: ONTD Original: Male actors who have worked with Woody Allen
- 01/08/19--08:19: Trailer for 'Horror Noire' documentary
- 01/08/19--09:35: Lin-Manuel Miranda and Friends Purchase Drama Book Shop
- The Drama Book Shop is a century-old shop that sells scripts, sheet music and other "stage-related reading material". It's being priced out of its home in the theater district of Manhattan due to rising rent costs.
- NYC mayor’s media and entertainment commissioner, Julie Menin, says: “The store is a gem and a cultural institution in New York, and we want to make sure it’s saved." The city is working with the shop's new owners, which includes Lin-Manuel Miranda, to find affordable location in Manhattan.
- In addition to Miranda, the new owners are: Thomas Kail (Hamilton director); Jeffrey Seller (the lead producer of Hamilton); and James L. Nederlander (he is the president of Nederlander Organization, which operates the theater where Hamilton is running).
- They purchased the store from Rozanne Seelen: "Ms. Seelen said she sold it for the cost of the remaining inventory, some rent support in the store’s final weeks, and a pledge to retain her as a consultant." She also called Lin-Manuel and Tommy her "white knights" for stepping in to save the shop.
- On the bookshop's importance to him: “When I was in high school I would go to the old location and sit on the floor and read plays — I didn’t have the money to buy them. After college Tommy Kail and I met in the Drama Book Shop basement, and I wrote a good deal of ‘In the Heights’ there.”
- It's not the first time he's stepped in - in 2016, after a pipe burst, he encouraged his fans to patronize the shop:
- The Drama Book Shop's lease is up this month; the current location will be closing Jan 20th. It will open in its new (but as of right now, unknown) location sometime this fall.
- 01/08/19--09:36: Lindsay Lohan Only Ever Auditioned for “The Parent Trap”
- 01/08/19--09:36: Brian Tyree Henry on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- 01/08/19--10:00: ONTD Roundup
- Chrissy Metz calls Allison Brie a B*tch...unknowingly into a mic.
- “You” and romance/emotional abuse
- Lady Gaga under fire for her silence on R. Kelly, gets called out by producer
- French author, 50, says women over 50 are too old to love
- Kevin Hart Apologizes to LGBTQ Community
- The Bachelor: Why are U punishing me edition
- Yesterday's Roundup
- 01/08/19--11:50: Princess Beatrice pictured with new boyfriend
- 01/08/19--11:50: Wayne Rooney busted for public intoxication
- 01/08/19--11:53: "Vice" Messiness
- 01/08/19--11:53: Bill Murray spills alcohol over Mahershala Ali
- 01/08/19--12:49: What are Psychic Nikki's celeb and world predictions for 2019?
- Actor Christian Keyes, recently known for playing Constantine's new lover in DC's Legends of Tomorrow, has posted a video telling gay people to chill it with the sexy and 🍆 comments.
- He is another case of a straight actor playing a gay role.
- He recently joined the show as Desmond, Constantine's lost lover turned demon.
ONTD, are you a straight person afraid of gay people?
- Netflix, Movistar+ & TV3 have greenlighted 'Merlí: Sapere Aude' (which translates to Merlí: Dare to be Wise) a spinoff of the spanish/catalan TV show, following Pol, one of his students and Bruno, his son.
- Merlí run for 3 seasons and ended in 2017, with the death of the main character.
- The show will have 8 episodes of 50min.
- Lead actor Carlos Cuevas confirmed it on his insta.
ONTD, are you excited for more Bruno and Pol? They better keep this putas together.
What’s wrong with Miles? From the producer of Exorcism of Emily Rose comes a new vision of unimaginable horror. Watch the full trailer for The Prodigy, starring Taylor Schilling and Jackson Robert Scott, in theaters February 8.
Welp, here we are ladies and gentlemen, we've made it halfway through the season finale of 90 Day Fiancé and I'm spent. Where to begin? Colteee and Larissa were hella late and they still looked bad. Leida wears very, very questionable contacts and possibly (by that, I mean definitely) fake Louboutins. Jonathan and his child bride wear real Louboutins while she mocks Larissa's pronunciation. Jay seems to think Tinder is just for finding friends and Ashley is irritated the whole two hours. Olga and Richie visit via internet connection and are adorable, but Steven remains a little a-hole who still doesn't know what a social security number is. Eric still looks like a deadbeat dad. Kalani and Asuelu look like they just want to escape this whole charade. Oliver remains a little cutie pie.
This episode has been brought to you by Leida's favorite high-end shop: the Coach outlet.
John Legend appeared in the documentary, Surviving R. Kelly, to speak out against R. Kelly. Some twitter user thought Legend was being hypocritical since he had taken a photo and worked with Harvey Weinstein. Legend responded on twitter.
6. Jude Law: worked with Allen for 2018's A Rainy Day in New York
Other names: Joaquin Phoenix who worked with Allen for 2015's Irrational Man. Corey Stoll who worked with Allen for 2016's Cafe Society and 2011's Midnight in Paris. Liev Schreiber who worked with Allen for 2018's A Rainy Day in New York. Josh Brolin who worked with Allen for 2010's You Will Meet A Tall Dark Stranger.
Based on the acclaimed book of the same name by Dr. Robin R. Means Coleman, HORROR NOIRE takes a critical look at a century of genre films that by turns utilized, caricatured, exploited, sidelined, and embraced both black filmmakers and black audiences.
Featuring interviews with Ernest Dickerson (Bones), Rusty Cundieff (Tales from the Hood), Jordan Peele (Us), Tina Mabry (Mississippi Damned), Tony Todd (Candyman), Paula Jai Parker (Tales from the Hood), Tananarive Due (My Soul to Keep), and Dr. Robin R. Means Coleman.
Note: This is available only on the Shudder streaming service.
Lin-Manuel Miranda is already a composer, a lyricist, an actor and an author. Now he's going to be a bookseller. https://t.co/LmBOvDbmRg— New York Times Books (@nytimesbooks) January 8, 2019
Would you own a bookshop, ONTD? If so, what kind?
In a new interview for Variety, Lindsay Lohan reveals that she only ever auditioned for The Parent Trap
Asked by Variety if she still auditions for things, Linds responded:
"I only auditioned for “The Parent Trap.” I would be terrified to audition. I don’t even know what it would be like. I think I would freeze. My agent asked me to read for something, and I was like, “I can’t.” I would panic. It’s such a different experience. I don’t think I could do it. Someone asked me to audition once — it was Oliver Stone for “Savages,” and I met with him and they wanted me to read, and I said, “I’m really, really bad at this, and I’m going to forget everything the second I start, so I might just ad-lib it.” And he was like, “You were great.” And I was like, “OK.” It was such a weird experience."
Asked about her career goals, Lindsay said she wants to work with Martin Scorsese. Work with Spielberg
The rest of the interview at the source
- Brian Tyree Henry appeared on Jimmy Kimmel last night to talk about his roles in If Beale Street Could Talk and Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse.
- BTH's shirt features Bob Ross & some happy little trees.
- He's disappointed he didn't have any scenes with Regina King in Beale Street. Jimmy mentions an article that ran in the NYT where both of their critics say that he should get an Oscar nomination for his role in Beale Street, which is small but memorable.
- He's an uncle, and went to see Spider-Man with a big group of his family members, many of whom missed one of his big scenes going to get concessions.
- Wanted to be a part of his high school's excellent marching band, who were known as the "Magnificent Marching Machine", and since he wasn't good at playing an instrument, he was an H.H. (horn-holder) in the baritone section.
- Was also the mascot at school football games.
He's incredibly talented, and in two of the best movies of the year - go see them!!
Kimmel said it was “unfortunate that these people, these workers who have nothing to do with this ridiculous wall, aren’t getting paychecks, especially right after the holidays.”
So, Kimmel vowed to put a federal employee to work on every episode of his show until the shutdown ends. Jimmmy welcomed John Kostelnik, a prison guard at the Federal Correctional Complex in Victorville, California, as the newest member of his house band.
For Monday, January 7, 2018:
2019 ONTD Film Critic Society Awards - Voting Post
- Beatrice and her boyfriend Edoardo have been pictured together for the first time,
- they went to Lamun together,
- Edoardo's family was also there as they own as estate there,
- Edoardo proposed to his ex-fiance there (they planned to marry there too),
- reportedly Edoardo was living with his ex-fiance and their child when his relationship with Beatrice began.
- got arrested last month in Virginia on a public intoxication charge,
- triggered a door alarm,
- did not breach airport security,
- mixed prescribed sleeping medication with booze,
- paid a $25 fine.
ontd, have you ever got arrested?
Satan probably inspired him to do this, too. Christian Bale arrested for 'assault on mother and sister'| The Independent. https://t.co/kesnNno9Zv— Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) 7. Januar 2019
Christian Bale just won a Golden Globe for portraying Dick Cheney in Vice.
In his acceptance speech he thanked Satan for inspired him.
Cheney's daughter responded
Podcaster Louis Virtel tweeted some thoughts about Vice, director Adam McKay accused him of not caring about the deaths Cheney's politics caused.
Agreed. That was a bad twitter moment.— Adam McKay (@GhostPanther) 7. Januar 2019
Bill Murray thought it was a good idea to toast the Greenbook cast for their Golden Globes wins by tapping their foreheads with vodka. Mahershala Ali, an observant Muslim, ended up with vodka going into his eyes and his mouth.
Here is what Mahershala had to say about the incident:
“Bill toasted his glass on Viggo’s head, Linda’s head, and then toasts on my head and vodka spills all over my face and is running down into my eyes and in my mouth. And I’m doing the whole interview with an eye closed. “Vodka in the eye…it felt like hot acid rolling down my face.”
Ali had no hard feelings about the incident though because "Hey it's Bill Murray."
ONTD Do you excuse questionable behavior by certain people because of who they are?
It all started when Chris Evans vented about "smart" technology creeping into everyday items.
Dear All Technology,— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) January 7, 2019
Remember the 90’s when you just WORKED??? I don’t need a ‘smart’ feature on my TV, thermostat, lights, music, refrigerator, security cameras, and f-ing car. You’re a major pain in all of our asses. You’re not worth it.
Then RDJ cracked an Avengers joke with Ruffalo responding to the call
hey @MarkRuffalo looks like Cap needs a little tutoring from the science bros.— Robert Downey Jr (@RobertDowneyJr) January 8, 2019
Call or DM us whenever you need assistance, @ChrisEvans. Also language.— Mark Ruffalo (@MarkRuffalo) January 8, 2019
And Evans replied with good humor
I’m guessing the arc reactor doesn’t need some sort of annoying upgrade or download or new OS every 3 months. HELP ME! https://t.co/FjIbBBG3va— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) January 8, 2019
how do you feel about smart tech on your fridge? planned obsolescence? contacting tech support?
Psychic Nikki is a ~psychic to the stars~ and makes many predictions every year. Some of true, most do not, but here are some of them that she says will be in store for 2019!
1. George and Amal Clooney will split
2. Sexual allegations against a gameshow host
3. A comedian will win an Oscar for a dramatic role
4. Sex scandal around Heidi Klum
5. One of the Kardashians will charge someone with aggravated assault
6. Lady Gaga will play a queen in a movie
7. James Woods robbing a bank
8. Johnny Depp overdose and rehab
9. Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas will have a baby
10. James Corden will open up karaoke bars across the US
11. A Bieber baby for Justin and Hailey Bieber
12. A Hollywood hunk will have a breakdown and serve jail time
13. Kim Kardashian and Kayne West will split
14. OJ Simpson in more trouble, back in jail and has to watch health
15. A Hollywood couple will overdose
16. Ben Affleck has to watch his drinking habit and well-being
17. Harrison Ford has to watch his health and well-being; another airplane accident
18. Jay-Z and Beyonce will split
19. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will have another baby - pregnancy soon after first
20. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will have a residence in another country
1. A spaceship landing in desert area
2. An arrest in the Madeline McCann case
3. Penguins invading cities
4. Illness around President Trump
5. Vladimir Putin choking on food
6. People of North Korea will overthrow the Government
7. A lost world under the sea
8. The Nile River overflows, causing flooding near the Pyramids in Egypt
9. Somebody will be hit by lightning at a Trump golf course
10. A parrot will break into the White House
11. A giant gorilla like King Kong found on a remote island
12. A meteorite will hit earth, creating a giant crater and it will be radioactive
13. There will be a train heist like in the Old West
14. A famous politician will be found out that he likes bondage and is with a Dominatrix
15. Apple and Samsung merge
16. A farmer in China grows a beanstalk many stories high
17. A beauty queen will get cold feet after winning the coveted crown, returns it on live TV and rushes off the stage crying and overwhelmed
18. All of North America will be in the dark with a power blackout
19. A huge heist at the Louvre in Paris; Monet's, Van Goghs, Etc. are stolen
20. A satellite picks up strange sounds in space
View them all at the Source
ONTD, how's your first week of the year going?
Officials in Georgia are investigating the claims made against R. Kelly.
may justice be served!