Articles on this Page
- 12/21/18--11:09: _Titans Season 1 end...
- 12/21/18--11:10: _Britney continues h...
- 12/21/18--11:27: _Chrissy Teigen's pr...
- 12/21/18--11:28: _Cardi B - Money (Mu...
- 12/21/18--11:28: _J.Lo Releases Music...
- 12/21/18--12:49: _Kim Kardashian West...
- 12/21/18--12:49: _Full trailer for Mi...
- 12/21/18--12:49: _10 of the Best Horr...
- 12/21/18--13:22: _Diane Kruger on the...
- 12/21/18--15:14: _ONTD ORIGINAL: 5 So...
- 12/21/18--15:14: _Cara Delevingne & A...
- 12/21/18--15:15: _Dick Van Dyke on hi...
- 12/21/18--16:51: _Jake Gyllenhaal has...
- 12/21/18--16:51: _New trailer for Got...
- 12/21/18--16:51: _Angela Bassett Enjo...
- 12/21/18--17:45: _Kristen Stewart and...
- 12/21/18--18:21: _'Finding Dory' aqua...
- 12/21/18--19:32: _Rita and Idris Elba...
- 12/22/18--00:43: _Selena Gomez spotte...
- 12/22/18--00:43: _Timeless Co-Creator...
- 12/21/18--11:09: Titans Season 1 ends with surprising cliffhanger
- 12/21/18--11:27: Chrissy Teigen's problematic old tweets surface
- 12/21/18--11:28: Cardi B - Money (Music Video Premiere)
- 12/21/18--11:28: J.Lo Releases Music Videos for "Te Bote" and "Limitless"
- 12/21/18--12:49: 10 of the Best Horror Movies I Watched This Year
- German-born actor Diane Kruger (born Diane Heidkrüger) was interviewed by Vulture.
- She was asked about being a contemporary German actor during a time when there always seems to be a new Nazi movie coming out in Hollywood.
- Her response: "I’ve been offered so many Nazi roles. You couldn’t believe. And I’ve never really wanted to do it. I’ll only do it if it’s more obtuse. Like with (Welcome to) Marwen. Same with Inglourious Basterds. I never had any desire to be in that kind of movie to be honest, for obvious reasons, and I feel like it’s been done to death. How many movies do we need to see about that? That’s just my opinion. But watch, next year I’ll be in more Nazi movies, I’m sure." She also adds: "What more do we need to say about that time?"
- Read the whole interview at the source.
- 12/21/18--15:14: ONTD ORIGINAL: 5 Songs in The Key of Corporate
- 12/21/18--15:15: Dick Van Dyke on his magical Mary Poppins Returns cameo
- 12/21/18--16:51: New trailer for Gotham's final season
- 12/21/18--16:51: Angela Bassett Enjoyed Being a Villain in Bumblebee
- 12/22/18--00:43: Selena Gomez spotted out hiking again, this time in Los Angeles
- 12/22/18--00:43: Timeless Co-Creator Discusses the finale movie
Make sure you stay through the credits of the #Titans finale, because the show has an extra post-credits twist that introduces a MASSIVE DC Comics character!https://t.co/lsbof6vUW2pic.twitter.com/HCX4dBsHMi— Comicbook.com (@ComicBook) December 21, 2018
-After a very disappointing Season 1 finale, Titans has left us with an after credits scene that is sure to get people hyped for Season 2.
-So what was the after credits scene you ask?
-Kon-El aka Superboy breaks out of his containment tube and retrieves Krypto the super dog and leaves.
-While the show has no problem being ultra dark, they do have a problem showing full frontal as they blurred out Kon-Els penis
Overall thoughts on the finale and season as a whole?
Brit uploaded some more rehearsal footage from her upcoming show 'Domination' which opens in February. In the new clips Brit teased choreography for her iconic hit Slave 4 U as well as for two Glory album cuts, Do You Wanna Come Over and the French-sung Coupure Electrique (!) #justiceforGlory
And before we embark on a new residency a moment for the old one! The final stats are in for Piece of Me which made serious bank over a five year period.
Congrats to @BritneySpears for grossing about $200 million with the #PieceOfMe show: The successful show grossed $138 million with the Vegas-residency and another $55 million with the World Tour. More than 1.33 million of tickets were sold worldwide. pic.twitter.com/0MVuisBvKg— Tours Updates (@boxofficetours) December 17, 2018
ONTD are you ready for the return of Vegasney?
Source 1: https://twitter.com/boxofficetours/status/1074778776976928768
Source 2: https://www.instagram.com/p/Brl2JIsgZe9/
Chrissy Teigen is facing backlash on social media after people dug up her old tweets where she mocks self harm, complains about trans people, and slut shames several celebrities and public figures. In one particular tweet she complains about America's Next Top Model having too many "trannys", in another she mocks Lindsay Lohan's self harm, and jokes about feeling like Lady Gaga "but with lady parts".
The hashtag "ChrissyTeigenIsOverParty" was trending last night.
Some tweets have already been deleted, but Chrissy has yet to respond or apologize.
Plenty more problematic tweets by Chrissy Teigen resurface, taking shots at multiple artists including Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Miley Cyrus & Taylor Swift! Thoughts? 🤔 pic.twitter.com/1yHRka3OKa— Music News Facts (@musicnewsfact) December 21, 2018
- This has been a successful year for J.Lo, since she received this year's MTV Vanguard Award. She also finished her Las Vegas residency show, "All I Have," this year after performing 130 shows in 2 years. She was also named as one of Time's "100 Most Influential People in the World."
- Businesswoman, Jennifer Lopez, recently released two music videos the same week she released her movie, "Second Act," with co-stars Vanessa Hudgens, Milo Ventimiglia, and best friend, Leah Remini.
- She recently collaborated with Casper Magico, Nio Garcia, Cosculluela, and Wisin y Yandel for "Te Bote (Pt. II)."
- She also released her video for "Limitless," which was penned by Sia. This is J.Lo's first video that she directed (explains the heavy, unnecessary green screen). Her daughter, Emme, makes a cameo playing a younger version of her.
- Girl has yet to release that Spanish album, "Por Primera Vez," she spoke of...
Source 1 and Source 2
Cheekbones, "blingy" eyes, and an actual makeup bible: Kim Kardashian West does her full beauty glam just in time for the holidays.
Beauty Post // How have your beauty routine changed during the year??
Heaven could use a miracle right about now. Miracle Workers, a new series starring Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buscemi, premieres February 12. pic.twitter.com/6qUg6war7w— Miracle Workers (@miracletbs) December 19, 2018
Steve Buscemi plays God, Daniel Radcliffe plays an angel.
Here are some of the best horror films I watched this year; they're not necessarily films that were released this year. My rules for narrowing them down were that: It had to be a horror movie new to me, I had to rate it 4 stars or higher on Letterboxd, and no big-name 2018 releases. (So no Suspiria, Annihilation, Hereditary, etc.) I loved those movies but I wanted to the list to be more interesting. So, here they are, in no particular order:
Director: Franck Khalfoun
Angela, a corporate climber, gets stuck working late on Christmas Eve and finds herself the target of an unhinged security guard. With no help in sight, the woman must overcome physical and psychological challenges to survive.
I feel like every other horror fan here has already seen this movie, but it was new to me. I don't know why I never watched it before, but I really enjoyed it! If you're in the mood to watch cat-and-mouse horror in a confined place (the movie takes place almost entirely in the parking garage) then this is for you! Also, the setting is Christmas Eve, so it's timely. (BTW I may make a Christmas horror movie post soon.)
Director:Mark A.Z. Dippé
When the body of a man is found completely destroyed in the swamps in Louisiana, the medical investigator Sam Rivers is assigned to investigate the murder. He travels with the biologist Mary Callahan to the location where the victim lived in a floating house and he meets his family and friends. They find that Chinese snake-heads genetically engineered that belong to a wealthy hunter are attacking and killing the locals. While the group fights to survive, the hunter Jeff arrives with his team to hunt the predators.
I know the synopsis for Frankenfish sounds dumb, and that poster is ridiculous, but it's actually a really fun creature feature with an outstanding cast.
Late Phases (2014)
Director: Adrián García Bogliano
When deadly attacks from the forests beset a secluded retirement community, it is up to a grizzled veteran to figure what the residents are hiding.
A fun werewolf movie that's also a character study. Given the budget I think the film did a great job at showing the werewolf transformation and use of practical effects instead of CGI.
Lake Nowhere (2014)
Director: Christopher Phelps, Maxim Van Scoy
Inspired by the dusty days of VHS, LAKE NOWHERE is preceded by original trailers & commercials, replicating the experience of watching a long lost bootleg tape. When a group of friends arrive at a desolate lakeside cabin, they are stalked and murdered by a Masked Maniac, whose lust for blood transcends our world. This age-old tale of senseless slaughter quickly spirals into the realm of supernatural horror and classic monster movies, as we learn the true power that lies within LAKE NOWHERE.
Lake Nowhere is a gory slasher that clocks in under an hour long and actually pulls off its retro look! I loved that it had that old VHS tape feel to it. I previously posted it in my 13 Horror Movies to Watch This Summer so if you're looking for more recs there are a lot there.
The Haunting (1963)
Director: Robert Wise
Dr. Markway, doing research to prove the existence of ghosts, investigates Hill House, a large, eerie mansion with a lurid history of violent death and insanity.
An adaptation of the The Haunting of Hill House that's gorgeously shot in black and white and well-acted. Fans of the novel will appreciate the film!
A Self-Induced Hallucination (2018)
Director: Dan Schoenbrun
“All I’ll share about A SELF-INDUCED HALLUCINATION is this: it’s about the internet, and it’s quite strange.”
This archival documentary is made up entirely of YouTube clips about Slenderman. It's fascinating and utterly creepy. It's free to watch online, you can read more about it and see it here.
The Wailing (2016)
Director: Na Hong-jin
A stranger arrives in a little village and soon after a mysterious sickness starts spreading. A policeman is drawn into the incident and is forced to solve the mystery in order to save his daughter.
I put this movie off for a while because of the runtime, but once I started watching it the time flew by and honestly I was ready to watch it again. This is a film that you'll want to immediately discuss afterwards and there are a lot of great discussion threads on Reddit if you're interested.
Director: Daniel Goldhaber
A young camgirl discovers that she’s inexplicably been replaced on her site with an exact replica of herself.
Currently available to stream on Netflix. Madeline Brewer is so good in this! I know a lot of ONTDers have watched the film so feel free to discuss in comments (using spoiler cuts if necessary). Previously discussed in my ranking of Fantasia Fest films.
The Devil’s Doorway (2018)
Director: Aislinn Clarke
In the autumn of 1960, Father Thomas Riley and Father John Thornton were sent by the Vatican to investigate a miraculous event in an Irish home for ‘fallen women’, only to uncover something much more horrific.
Excellent found footage; definitely succeeds at feeling like you're really watching something from 1960. There were plenty scenes that were genuinely creepy and frightening. Also, it was directed by a woman!
The Brood (1979)
Director: David Cronenberg
A man tries to uncover an unconventional psychologist's therapy techniques on his institutionalized wife, amidst a series of brutal murders.
I watched about a handful of Cronenberg films this year and I pretty much liked them all. I'm going with this one over something like The Fly as I think this one is less known. It's a classic in body horror; I'm mad at myself for not having seen it sooner! If you like horror movies with creepy kids then definitely watch this. The climax of the film is iconic, so don't get spoiled on what happens!
Other films that were close, but didn't make the cut:Scarecrows (1988); Summer of '84 (2018); Afflicted (2013); Southbound (2015); Crush the Skull (2015); Bad Ben (2016); Hell House LLC (2015); The Night Eats the World (2018); Black Death (2010).
Graphic made using icons made by Roundicons from www.flaticon.com, under a Creative Commons license.
An excuse for a horror movie post! Let's talk about the ones we liked (or didn't like) this year. Doesn't have to be new releases.
In which I ask Diane Kruger if it’s weird to be a German actor in a time of endless Nazi movies, and she responds with an elongated sigh like a tire deflating and I can tell she wants to say, “I’m done with the fucking Nazis already” but doesn’t. https://t.co/lPsv1p6TgP— April Wolfe (@AWolfeful) December 21, 2018
The entire video reeks so heavily of the 90s, I love it.
he was the king of the town,
now he's the laugh of the block.”
The Corp: General Mills for Hambuger Helper
I just realized it said "Delicious Content" #ONTDDoesntRead
Cara Delevingne tenderly kisses girlfriend Ashley Benson's hand as they arrive at Gatwick airport https://t.co/spYVYzqudX— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) December 21, 2018
cara delevingne renting out an entire museum to surprise ashley benson on her birthday and spend the night together is such a power move. get yourself a girlfriend who'll be THIS extra just to make u happy pic.twitter.com/m0ShPmf79h— gabi (@harleivy) December 21, 2018
- Cara Delevingne and Ashley Benson have been dating since May, after meeting on set of the film "Her Smell".
- It was Ashley's birthday this week, so Cara rented out the museum as a gift. There was a bed and everything... so next time you go to the Natural History Museum in London, just think about how you're in the same spot where they clearly fucked.
- They were also spotted at the airport today holding hands.
ONTD, has anyone ever rented a museum out for you?
SOURCES: 1 and 2
All the stories behind Dick Van Dyke’s emotional Mary Poppins Returns cameo https://t.co/XAIfoxViGa— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) December 20, 2018
-Once DVD heard they were doing a new Mary Poppins movie he requested to be in it.
-Due to the movies storyline it was perfect to have him Mr. Dawes Jr. since he already played Mr. Dawes in the original film, especially since this time around Dick was the characters actual age and didnt have to be aged up with makeup.
-When it came to his performance in the film he did not need a stunt double and did all the dancing on his own which amazed the cast since he is 93 after all. He didnt even any help jumping on the table.
-He did improv some of his lines and they were so good that they were kept in. One such improv was when his character sings Feed the Birds.
-During a break he sang 'It’s a jolly holiday with Maaary' to Emily Blunt
Exclusive: Jake Gyllenhaal has been dating 22-year-old model Jeanne Cadieu since June 2018. https://t.co/Eip432LwrB— Us Weekly (@usweekly) December 21, 2018
According to US Weekly, Jake is dating Model Jeanne Cadieu
A source says “Jeanne is very mature for her age. She’s quirky, smart and loves history, reading; she’s a really great and well-rounded person”
The pair share a 16-year age difference. Jake's 38 and she's 22.
Fox has released a new trailer for the upcoming season of Gotham. The season returns January 3rd.
On playing the Shatter the Decepticon: “I had the best fun. I usually end up in the universe where you’re noble and virtuous. But when you’re playing bad guys, they get to have a delectable amount of fun.” She really enjoyed playing a character who is "less than noble" and hopes to play a villain in a live-action project someday.
She also spoke about enjoying doing just voicework rather than appearing in front of the camera: “It frees you up a lot more. You’re on a dark stage by yourself, looking at a big screen. You just get to open up with abandon. And sometimes it can be embarrassing, but you get to do it again. It’s a lot more opportunity to play.”
Being part of the Transformers series also further solidified her goal of being in a franchise. “Timing is everything and 2018 was the year. Black Panther will be a franchise. Mission Impossible is a wildly successful franchise and I didn’t die off, so hopefully I’ll get to revisit that again. And it was wonderful to be a part of Bumblebee, which is the origin of the Transformers franchise.”
Decepticon Angela can step on me and crush me, tbh. It was a cute movie
Kristen Stewart Seen Holding Hands with New Woman Amid Possible Split from Model Stella Maxwell https://t.co/KJtWqb5rbb— People (@people) December 21, 2018
- KStew and Stella had been dating since 2017
- KStew has been seen recently with a stylist named Sara
- KStew continues her streak of moving on really fucking quickly
For the good sis handsdowntoo
'Finding Dory' aquarium sorry for insensitive tweet about Abby the large otter https://t.co/lOO7P8BJQR— Guardian news (@guardiannews) December 20, 2018
California’s Monterey Bay Aquarium, which served as the basis for Finding Dory's Marine Life Institute, has apologized for a tweet that went viral where they described an otter named Abby as being "thicc."
They stated that it was insensitive because "several terms referenced originated from African American Vernacular English (AAVE) and specifically reference Black women's bodies. Using them in a sea otter meme without that background makes insinuations we never intended. We need to do better."
Hey everyone. It has come to our attention that some of the references in this tweet are problematic and insensitive. We're posting here in the thread so that people who have engaged with this tweet will join us in our learning moment. 1/4— Monterey Bay Aquarium (@MontereyAq) December 19, 2018
Abby is one of six resident females that train orphaned otters in the necessary skills to survive back in the wild.
Not one, but TWO Santas today! A massive thank you to @idriselba and @RitaOra for coming to turn up the festive vibes today for our children’s wards. What an amazing surprise for everyone! The hospital and @cwpluscharity are eternally grateful. 🎅🎁🤶 #PROUDtoCarepic.twitter.com/1zGUlKTqwm— Chelsea and Westminster Hospital (@ChelwestFT) December 21, 2018
A smiling Selena Gomez was spotted hiking in Los Angeles, CA on December 21st. She was rocking some Taylor Swift merch.
Timeless boss answers burning questions about the series finale, reveals original ending https://t.co/3hnDE6rL3X— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) December 21, 2018
A very fanservicey ending:
- Flynn sacrifices himself to save Rufus/kill Jessica
- Rufus and Jia are reunited
- The team defeats Emma in North Korea in 1950, seemingly stopping Rittenhouse (or at least her branch of it?)
- Lucy chooses not to try to save Amy
- She and Wyatt get back together, get married, and have twins named Amy and Flynn
- Basically all threads are wrapped up, but a tiny chance is dangled for future plot lines