Articles on this Page
- 12/19/18--05:20: _22 Musicals In 12 M...
- 12/19/18--05:33: _First Look At Disne...
- 12/19/18--08:57: _Cynthia Erivo Apolo...
- 12/19/18--08:57: _Folake Olowofoyeku ...
- 12/19/18--08:57: _Final Trailer for K...
- 12/19/18--08:58: _America's Wealthies...
- 12/19/18--09:20: _Cardi B says she mi...
- 12/19/18--10:00: _ONTD Roundup
- 12/19/18--10:49: _Amber Heard receive...
- 12/19/18--10:49: _First look at the u...
- 12/19/18--10:49: _ONTD Original: 10 C...
- 12/19/18--10:50: _Announcing the 2019...
- 12/19/18--11:10: _Avicii leaves his e...
- 12/19/18--13:09: _Salim Akil and Mara...
- 12/19/18--13:10: _Ian Somerhalder has...
- 12/19/18--14:00: _12 Days of ONTD: Day 6
- 12/19/18--14:15: _Next Week On Vander...
- 12/19/18--14:16: _Tabloid Cover Wedne...
- 12/19/18--14:16: _Macaulay Culkin/Hom...
- 12/19/18--15:50: _73 Questions With B...
- 12/19/18--05:20: 22 Musicals In 12 Minutes w/ Lin-Manuel Miranda & Emily Blunt
- 12/19/18--05:33: First Look At Disney’s live-action Aladdin
- 12/19/18--08:57: Cynthia Erivo Apologizes After Messing Up the National Anthem
- 12/19/18--08:57: Final Trailer for Karyn Kusama’s ‘Destroyer’ Starring Nicole Kidman
- 12/19/18--08:58: America's Wealthiest Celebrities 2018: George Lucas Leads
- 12/19/18--09:20: Cardi B says she misses Offset's dick, that's all
- 12/19/18--10:00: ONTD Roundup
- 12/19/18--10:49: First look at the upcoming Deadwood film
- 12/19/18--10:49: ONTD Original: 10 Cases of White Boy Rock Thievery
- 12/19/18--10:50: Announcing the 2019 ONTD Reading Challenge!
- Each month, read a book that corresponds to the category.
- There’s no page limit.
- It can be a book that you’ve already read.
- Novellas, graphic novels, and anthologies can count toward a category.
- Ebooks and audiobooks count as books!
- If you missed a month, you can go back and read a previous month’s task.
- 12/19/18--11:10: Avicii leaves his entire $25 million fortune to his parents
- 12/19/18--13:10: Ian Somerhalder has thoughts on food, medicine, and healthcare
- 12/19/18--14:00: 12 Days of ONTD: Day 6
- 12/19/18--14:15: Next Week On Vanderpump Rules (Season 7 Episode 4)
- Lala wants Raquel to stop being so naive
- Jax and Brittany are starting a beer cheese company
- Ariana and Stassi plan their epic birthday bash
- Katie remains the literal worsttttt
- James Kennedy pleads for his job
- 12/19/18--14:16: Tabloid Cover Wednesday
- 12/19/18--14:16: Macaulay Culkin/Home Alone Throwback for Google Assistant
- 12/19/18--15:50: 73 Questions With Bella Hadid
James Corden welcomes the stars of "Mary Poppins Returns" to perform a musical-inspired Role Call, featuring Lin-Manuel Miranda and Emily Blunt singing classics from 22 musicals covering Evita to The Wizard Of Oz. And Kermit the Frog stops by to help James with ''The Rainbow Connection.''
what is your favorite musical?
We can show you the world... of Disney’s live-action #Aladdin! Get a shining, shimmering, splendid first look at the reimagined classic in our magical First Look issue: https://t.co/Kwkcdfen5vpic.twitter.com/7NbyiRRcLH— Entertainment Weekly (@EW) December 19, 2018
source, 2, 3, 4
Some people have quiet mess ups, some people mess in front of the world. I’m human and I mess up in the same way as everyone else, so if you were watching tonight, I’m sorry, I was nervous and tired. I strive for perfection, so right now no one can beat me up more than myself. 😔— Cynthia Erivo (@CynthiaEriVo) December 19, 2018
Cynthia Erivo is speaking out after she forgot the words to the National Anthem while performing at the Nets vs. Lakers game.
The Grammy, Tony, and Emmy-winning entertainer performed the Star Spangled Banner for the televised game and it unfortunately didn't go well.
Cynthia forgot the words in the middle of the song and then stopped to regain her composure. She started over from the beginning and skipped a verse, but finished strong and showed off her incredible vocal skills.
source, 2, 3
Folake Olowofoyeky (Transparent) has been cast in the title role opposite Billy Gardell in CBS multi-camera comedy pilot 'Bob ❤ Abishola' https://t.co/8PBGs5tzkB— Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) December 17, 2018
In Bob❤Abishola, after having a heart attack, Bob (Gardell) falls in love with his Nigerian nurse and sets his sights on getting her to give him a chance.
Olowofoyeku’s Abishola is Nigerian immigrant who lives in a small apartment with her aunt (Adewusi), uncle (Henley) and teenage son. A cardiac nurse in a Detroit hospital, most people don’t get past her hard working, no nonsense attitude but that’s not going to stop her newest patient Bob (Gardell) from trying.
The project comes from Chuck Lorre (Big Bang, Young Sheldon and Mom), Eddie Gorodetsky (Mom) and Al Higgins (Mike & Molly) who have teamed with The Daily Show contributor Gina Yashere.
Destroyer follows the moral and existential odyssey of LAPD detective Erin Bell who, as a young cop, was placed undercover with a gang in the California desert with tragic results. When the leader of that gang re-emerges many years later, she must work her way back through the remaining members and into her own history with them to finally reckon with the demons that destroyed her past.
IN SELECT THEATERS THIS CHRISTMAS.
• George Lucas : $5.4 billion (his Lucasfilm production company sold to Disney for $4.1 billion in 2012)
• Steven Spielberg :$3.7 billion
• Oprah : $2.8 billion
• Michael Jordan : $1.7 billion
The rest @ the source
Cardi states into this Instagram Live chat that she really misses estranged husband Offset’s dick.
“My gag reflexes are leaving cause I haven’t sucked dick in such a long time. I miss it...a lot. I want it...in my throat...inside of me...demolishing me...destroying me.”
"I miss the D. Boutta relapse and call this nigga."
"Big fat, black…….and heavy. I miss it. A. Lot. I want it."
Yeah they getting back together 🤨 pic.twitter.com/tswFQe8bBP— Madison💕 (@Madison__789) December 18, 2018
Amber Heard received death threats and was 'blacklisted' in Hollywood after accusing Johnny Depp of domestic abuse https://t.co/sIyv44bipN— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) December 19, 2018
She constantly feel threatened as she was subject to death threats.
She rarely left her apartment for fear of being hounded,
Her career also suffered as she lost roles and campaigns.
She was 'blacklisted' by Hollywood, she was recast in a movie role, dropped as the face of a fashion brand.
Questions were raised to whether she could still star in Aquaman.
Institutions protect men accused of abuse.
HBO has released the first images from the upcoming Deadwood movie. Most of the cast members from the original show are returning.
OP is not yet mentally prepared to study for the MCAT, so she is churning some more clownery. With the announcement of the recent class of inductees of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I think it’s important to note how some of these revered bands have met some shaky ground. OP will include the song that is shrouded in as much critical acclaim as controversy. Now, OP loves some of these acts but it’s important to note that ummmmmm white men are really the OGs of thievery. Here OP will include the song and that what was the ahemmm… song of inspiration. Is it theivery? Originality? Should the Hall of Fame accolade be stripped?
10. Radiohead – “Creep” ripped from The Hollies “The Air that I Breathe”
Yes, Radiohead’s biggest hit stole its chord progression from the 1970s pop rock band. The writers of the song sued and received co-writing credit with some royalties. No wonder they had to deliver on OK Computer. In a weird twist of fate: One of the writers of “The Air that I Breathe” is Albert Hammond, Sr., father of The Strokes guitarist. The Strokes hired and then fired longtime Radiohead Nigel Godrich who was to collaborate on the group’s second album, Room on Fire.
9. Nirvana – “Come as You Are” ripped from Killing Joke’s “Eighties”
Y’all this shit sound exactly the same just different speeds. Turns out the band was never able to sue Nirvana for the stolen riff for reasons unknown and let’s be real before Cobain’s passing Killing Joke would’ve gotten a shit ton of money from his estate.
Mr. Cobain from the grave:
8. Led Zeppelin’s “Dazed and Confused” ripped from Jake Holmes… “Dazed and Confused”
Shout out to the ONTD member who tried to tell OP that Led Zeppelin was full of original compositions. Well, stay tuned boo. The original was written by folk singer Jake Holmes in 1967. A little known group known as The Yardbirds saw Holmes perform this on tour, with the band “rearranging” the song for themselves. The Yardbirds’ guitarist Jimmy Page was then adapted for Led Zeppelin. For years Holmes tried to contact Page about the reworked song but was ignored until Holmes filed a lawsuit with the matter being settled out of court. Holmes now shares a credit that he inspired the song.
7. Ed Sheeran’s “Photograph” ripped from Matt Cardle and collaborators’ “Amazing”
Are we really surprised that professional schlub, low key racist Ed Sheeran was also a thief? Basically the four songwriters of “Amazing” filed a 20-million-dollar lawsuit for copyright infringement citing the “striking similarities”. The lawsuit was privately settled with the bridge troll not having to admit any guilt.
6. Oasis’ “Whatever” ripped from Neil Inness’ “How Sweet to Be an Idiot”
Noel Gallagher claims he wrote this diddy, but old comedy geezer Neil Innes caught wind of that youth bullshit and sued the band for plagiarism. Oddly enough Innes creates parody, and Oasis is quite self-important so how Gallagher chose this tune from which to steal is quite humorous. Innes must now be listed as a co-writer on the song.
5. Nickelback's "Figured You Out" ripped from Econoline Crush's "All That You Are" (Who would even come out and admit this shit?)
So this band has filed a copyright infringement suit against Nickelback for ripping from their 1997 single. For the love of Gawd, please don't click on this.
4. Sam Smith's "Stay With Me" ripped Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down"
OP really doesn't know much about this dude except that y'all hate him. So have at it, Petty and co-writer Jeff Lynne received 12.5% of songwriting credits. Petty was quite nice about the whole situation saying he didn't think that plagiarism was the intention but glad everyone came to nice agreement.
3. The Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony" ripped from Andrew Loog Oldham's "The Last Time" and Rolling Stones "The Last Time" (which was ripped from The Staple Sisters "This May Be the Last Time")
Everyone knows of this meta thievery considering The Rolling Stones made their career of ripping from black blues musicians and gospel singers. The Verve was only supposed to use a small snippet of the orchestral version "The Last Time" well alledgedly Ashcroft and co. used a bigger portion than the agreement so the Stones' manager, Allen Klein sued for 50% of the royalties then he wanted 100% and welp he got it. And Stalactites Jagger and Richards got writing credits.
2. Red Hot Chili Peppers’ “Dani California” ripped from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers'"Mary Jane's Last Dance"
This was doesn't really have a lot of drama but Anthony Kiedis is OP's arch nemesis so he and his shitty band are at number two. The chord progression in both songs is quite similar but this was not a big deal to dad rock legend Tom Petty who noted that many rock songs sound the same.
1. Led Zeppelin’s “Stairway to Heaven” ripped from Spirit’s “Taurus”
This band is chock full of thievery. Often considered the greatest rock song in history and one of the most popular songs of all time, someone would try to hitch their wagon to get some of that classic rock coinT. Taurus is actually a 1968 instrumental so Robert Plant could throw Page under the Greyhound. Oddly, a copyright infringement lawsuit was only filed a few years ago due to Spirit’s estate not having enough financial resources to fund the lawsuit. A judge ruled that there were strong enough similarities in both songs to take the case to a jury. But the jury decided the similarities did not amount to infringement, however they were not allowed to hear “Taurus”. OP also thinks given the popularity of Zeppelin’s version clouds their judgment of being unbiased toward Spirit’s claims. This verdict was appealed and the band’s estate won their appeal for a new evidentiary hearing. Apparently if the lawsuit occurred decades earlier and the members of Spirit would’ve won, they’d apparently be about $500 million richer. (OP is currently wondering if she wrote a song that was potentially stolen.) This lawsuit is still ongoing.
Sources 123456789101112131415161718192021 and useless trivia I know
Welcome to the 2019 ONTD Reading Challenge! (Can you believe we're starting our third year for the challenge?!) milfordacademy&hjalmartazar invite you to join the new and updated 2019 ONTD Reading Challenge: 12 books, 12 months, and ONTD-themed categories. Every month, we will make a post recommending books that fit each category.
The rules are simple:
Keep us updated on how your reading challenge is going in our book posts!
If you have a Goodreads account, join our ONTD Reading Challenge Group!
Sources: Written by milfordacademy&hjalmartazar (but mostly milfordacademy!). Image is a modification of an original by Sven Kalkschmidt. Thanks icekofi for the html help!
- His entire fortune (231million kronor (£20million, $25.5million).) plus royalties automatically goes to his parents as he was single at the time of his death.
- Avicii had not written a will when he died this year
- He was also said to have had debts of 96.5million kronor (£8.42m) in the US and 841,330 kronor (£73,430) in Canada, which were paid before his parents inherited his estate.
- Avicii himself was less bothered about his millions, saying in 2013 that he 'noticed straight away when I started making money, that I don't need that much money'.
- In 2012 he donated the entire income of his U.S. tour - more than one million dollars - to hunger relief charity Feeding America, and in 2013 he gave one million euros to Swedish aid organisation Radiohjälpen.
OWN has canceled “Love Is__,” the relationship drama from husband-and-wife team Salim Akil and Mara Brock Akil.
Salim Akil was sued by a woman claiming that the producer abused her during an extramarital affair.
WB TV has completed an inquiry triggered by the lawsuit and found no allegations of misconduct on the OWN series or “Black Lightning,”
OWN in July announced that it had renewed “Love Is ___” for a second season.
It was based on the real-life romance of Salim Akil and Mara Brock Akil.
That narrative was viewed as having been compromised.
iansomerhalder I hope I don’t come off as an ass... A woman just stopped me in the grocery store and told me that she had never seen a basket like mine.I told her that I have never NOT seen this type of basket in my grocery-shopping behavior.A few others chimed in saying that it was a very strange sight! WTF?A strange sight?I’m in a grocery store.It’s food.It got me thinking and really fired up...I hear in the news constantly, in legislative bodies debating and the public complaining out right bitching about healthcare costs, drug companies and doctors and what rising costs do to our society, our lives and our economy. I know our system isn’t great.Yet, the public poisons itself daily with bad food choices. Food is medicine and medicine is food. It’s a fact. If we want to see our healthcare system changed, be a healthier society- and it will. How does that sound? Logical right? I don’t mean to sound like a dick- or preachy but this is nuts: how is it, that grown professional people in a major American city have never seen a grocery basket full of normal&healthy foods that just all happen to be green or not processed.We’re so far down the rabbit hole of packaged and “convenient” foods that our society is paying the price&so is our future.No one in our government is helping us be healthier through education.Why would they?Sick people are GREAT for business...
It’s pretty simple:If you want to look well, feel well and BE well- just eat well. Obviously excersise as well, as much as you can.Everything else will start to fall into place.My mom raised me on no money&mostly as a single parent yet, she still ate well&exercised and it shaped my life.We make excuses why we can’t find the time to take care of ourselves and we end up past the point of no return... Why is that?How is it that we can’t see that:Happy and healthy people make a happy and healthy world.It’s hard to see that through a fog of prescription drugs, energy drinks&strong sleep aids. It’s hard I know, but its time to change. You wouldn’t put the wrong gas in your car, so why would you put wrong food in your body? We MUST take responsibility for what we put into our bodies starting now. We can do it.Ok.I’ll stop.Thnks
In their new ad, Google reimagined “Home Alone”, but this time Macaulay Culkin plays an adult Kevin who is home alone with a house full of devices controlled by Google Assistant.
What is you favorite 73 question video ontd?