Articles on this Page
- 12/10/18--23:28: _Rita Ora’s Phoenix ...
- 12/10/18--23:29: _Julia Roberts Headl...
- 12/11/18--08:21: _Here’s how to get f...
- 12/11/18--08:21: _Jennifer Aniston hi...
- 12/11/18--08:21: _ABC reportedly char...
- 12/11/18--08:21: _ICYMI: Some of your...
- 12/11/18--09:39: _'Avenue Q' to close...
- 12/11/18--09:39: _Jake Gyllenhaal to ...
- 12/11/18--09:39: _ZAYN - “There You A...
- 12/11/18--10:00: _ONTD Roundup
- 12/11/18--10:57: _The Bachelor 2019: ...
- 12/11/18--10:58: _Miss Universe 2018 ...
- 12/11/18--11:08: _Gretchen Carlson sl...
- 12/11/18--11:13: _Elle Documentary: "...
- 12/11/18--11:27: _BBC Releases 'Water...
- 12/11/18--11:38: _Jennifer Hudson's P...
- 12/11/18--12:05: _Orville Peck London...
- 12/11/18--12:05: _Nicki Minaj is now ...
- 12/11/18--12:54: _A Selena Quintanill...
- 12/11/18--13:07: _Gay comedians defen...
- 12/10/18--23:28: Rita Ora’s Phoenix debuts at __ in the U.S.
- 12/10/18--23:29: Julia Roberts Headline Fail (and Some More Featuring Other Celebs)
- 12/11/18--08:21: Here’s how to get free Starbucks coffee or tea every day in January
- 12/11/18--08:21: Jennifer Aniston hired a ghost whisperer
- “This dishwasher would start to go, or the coffee-maker would start to go, or the stereo would just turn on at full volume. And it was terrifying.”
- Someone told her she had a spirit and needed to have someone clear it
- The ghost whisperer put frankincense a little dish, which cracked when she took it to the first corner of the house
- Later, a heavy ashtray cracked
- The ghost told the whisperer that he hated Aniston’s roommate
- Aniston moved out without telling her roommate that
- 12/11/18--09:39: 'Avenue Q' to close after 16-year run
- 12/11/18--09:39: Jake Gyllenhaal to Star in Remake of Denmark's 'The Guilty'
- 12/11/18--09:39: ZAYN - “There You Are” (Lyric Video)
- 12/11/18--10:00: ONTD Roundup
- SNL actor Michael Che defends Kevin Hart amid Oscars Controversy
- Nicki Minaj Defends Rapist Boyfriend “They were in a relationship when it happened”
- Nicki Minaj's New Boo Served 7 Years For Manslaughter
- Academy scrambling; Considering not having an Oscar host
- Yesterday's Roundup
- 12/11/18--10:57: The Bachelor 2019: Meet Colton's Bachelorettes
- 12/11/18--10:58: Miss Universe 2018 National Costumes
- 12/11/18--11:08: Gretchen Carlson slams upcoming Fox news movie for inaccuracies
- TV commentator Gretchen Carlson who in 2016 successfully sued Fox News mogul Roger Ailes for sexual harassment resulting in a $20 million payout is upset about the upcoming movie about Ailes's downfall
- Among the inaccuracies Carlson is angry about: being portrayed by Nicole Kidman who she's upset looks nothing like her and Kidman as Carlson being pictured carrying TWO handbags when Carlson only carried one
- The film (formerly called Fair & Balanced) also stars John Lithgow as Ailes and a ton of Hollywood blondes as the blonde commentators of Fox including Charlize Theron, Connie Britton, Margot Robbie, Elisabeth Röhm, Kate McKinnon, Alice Eve and more
- 12/11/18--11:13: Elle Documentary: "Beat: How Drag Queens Shaped the Beauty Industry"
- 12/11/18--11:27: BBC Releases 'Watership Down' Trailer
- 12/11/18--11:38: Jennifer Hudson's Perfect Cat Eye "Swoop" | Beauty Secrets | Vogue
- 12/11/18--12:05: Orville Peck London Residency
- 12/11/18--12:05: Nicki Minaj is now threatening to sue a reporter
- 12/11/18--12:54: A Selena Quintanilla TV series greenlit by Netflix
- 12/11/18--13:07: Gay comedians defend Sarah Silverman amid Kevin Hart Oscars row
The Billboard 200 chart for last week was finally released after a calculation error was made and finally corrected. So where did Rita Ora’s highly delayed second studio album land on the chart?
79. Rita Ora - Phoenix
UK Chart:— Ric Di Olive (@ricdiolive) November 30, 2018
#11 - Rita Ora - Phoenix ☹️
In the UK, Ora debuted at #1 twice!
Down from no. 11 to no. 26 this week. This Phoenix is doing anything but rising.
Sources:1 | 2 | 3
The Jamestown, NY newspaper Post-Journal wrote their own headline for an AP story that they picked up this weekend about Julia Roberts' new Amazon show Homecoming:
They issued this correction today:
Here's a look at a few other celebrity-related headline fails:
Leaving one letter out of Tigers' pitcher Doug Fister's name really makes a difference:
And you thought subtly shading foreign leaders with her brooch choices was as down and dirty as she got...
...They're onto the rest of her coven, too:
Turns out Yukon Cornelius didn't reform that Bumble after all - and now he's gone and dragged Winnie the Pooh into his sordid life of crime:
They prefer tiny...hands:
I guess cheaters really do end up alone:
Sarah Palin's mouth is a lethal weapon:
Not exactly a headline, but that is one really awkward photo layout for Maria Sharapova:
Worst/funniest typo that you've ever seen (or made yourself), ONTD?
No, this isn’t spam and Stewie isn’t a bot (though sometimes I wonder😒). Coffee enthusiasts last month were upset when their reusable red coffee cups sold out in mere minutes. But the company is raising the stakes this time around. Starbucks has announced their new 16-ounce Brewed Refill Tumbler, which you can find in stores now (if they haven’t already sold out in your location). And starting January 1st 2019, walk into any SBux location and get a free refill on hot coffee or tea every single day in January.
So what’s the catch? No specialty coffees or teas are available as part of this promotional deal and the Tumbler will set you back $40+ tax. But if you break down your drinking habits, you can figure out if this deal is worth it for you or not. Go every single day or nearly every day and the cup pays for itself and can save anywhere from $40 to $50 for the entire month. But let’s say even if you don’t end up going every day next month, just 14 visit or so will help you break even so the tumbler pays for itself. Go less days and well, perhaps leave this cup on the shelf.
Jennifer Aniston shared an anecdote about her early days in L.A. on The Late Late Show with James Corden. She says:
ABC Seeks $2 Million to $3 Million for Oscars Ads (EXCLUSIVE) https://t.co/3Zlh5TQBBV— Variety (@Variety) December 11, 2018
Because it is indeed the Super Bowl of the entertainment industry, the Oscars and ABC are seeking $2 million and $3 million per 30-second ad for their 2019 live telecast on February 24th. ABC charged as much as $2.6 million for a spot at this past year's very lackluster Oscars. ABC also made $128 million from the 2017 telecast, for reference.
Just for comparison, CBS is demanding between $5.1 million and $5.3 million for the 2019 Super Bowl, and $1 million for a 30-second spot at February's Grammys.
Also, for those interested, Variety broke down who they think will be the big Oscars contenders this season, here (just in time for tomorrow's SAG nominations): https://variety.com/2018/film/awards/2019-oscars-predictions-academy-awards-1203065044/
English electronic trio Clean Bandit released their sophomore album What Is Love? on November 30 (over two years after dropping lead single "Tears" featuring Louisa Johnson), and it is brimming with appearances by some of pop's heaviest hitting women. In addition to previously released collaborations with Anne-Marie ("Rockabye"), Zara Larsson ("Symphony"), Julia Michaels ("I Miss You"), Demi Lovato ("Solo"), and Marina Diamandis ("Baby"), the 16-track album boasts guest spots by ALMA, Charli XCX, Ellie Goulding, and Rita Ora.
"Should've Known Better" (feat. Anne-Marie)
"Last Goodbye" (feat. Tove Styrke & Stefflon Don)
"Nowhere" (feat. Rita Ora & Kyle)
"In Us I Believe" (feat. ALMA)
"Playboy Style" (feat. Charli XCX & Bhad Bhabie)
What Is Love? is available everywhere now.
Who's your pop girl du jour?
The controversial adult puppet musical Avenue Q will take its final bow April 28.
The show premiered off-Broadway in 2003, moved to Broadway's John Golden Theatre later that year, and went on to win 3 Tonys (including beating out Wicked for best musical at the 2004 Tony Awards). In 2009 it moved back off-Broadway, where it's run for over 9 years.
After the final performance, Avenue Q will have been seen more than 6,500 times and earned $121.9 million in New York alone.
- Because we are now apparently forbidden from coming up with original concepts for film and television, Jake Gyllenhaal is set to star in a remake of The Guilty.
- The film won the world cinema audience award at Sundance and has been nominated for several European awards, as well as being Denmark's Oscar entrant this year.
- Jake is set to produce under his Nine Stories banner with Riva Marker, in cooperation with Bold Films.
- Plot summary: The movie follows a police officer under investigation, who’s demoted to desk work at an emergency call center. When he receives a terrified phone call from a kidnapped woman, he must battle his internal demons in order to save her.
- Jake's got a busy few months ahead, so it might be a while til this goes into production; he's got a run at the Public Theater lined up from January through March.
I heard good things about the original!
Zayn Malik drops an eleventh promotional single, “There You Are.” His sophomore effort Icarus Falls drops this Friday, December 14th via RCA
#ICARUSFALLS— inZAYN (@inZAYN) December 11, 2018
13. ICARUS INTERLUDE
14. GOOD GUY
15. YOU WISH YOU KNEW
16. SOUR DIESEL
20. ALL THAT
21. GOOD YEARS
22. FRESH AIR
25. NO CANDLE NO LIGHT
27. TOO MUCH
Thanks to numara. :)
Sources:1 | 2
For Monday, November 10, 2018:
Colton Underwood, the most boring man alive, is the next Bachelor. Maybe his ladies will be more interesting? ABC posted photos + brief profiles of the 30 (!) contenders. Here are some (5) of the most interesting:
Alex B., 29, Dog rescuer
Has rescued over 5,000 dogs
Bri, 24, model
Biggest fear: Farting loudly on a date (same, gurl.)
Demi, 23, Interior Designer
ABC's website has this mysterious note about her: "Keep an eye on this one, Bachelor Nation!" Maybe she will go far... or be a villain?
Erin, 28, Cinderlla
Her job title just says "Cinderella."
Tahzjuan, 25, Business development associate
She has a tattoo that says, "I love bad ideas." YIKES.
Only three weeks until his season. Will you be watching?
Ana Liliana Avião
British Virgin Islands
A’yana Keshelle Phillips
Marisela de Montecristo
Athena Su McNinch
Katrín Lea Elenudóttir
Sonia Fergina Citrag
Hnin Thway Yu Aung
Ji Hyun Baek
Jastina Doreen Riederer
Tara De Vries
Sarah Rose Summers
United States Virgin Islands
The only costume I wasn't able to find was Miss Italy's. Miss Universe 2018 itself airs live on Sunday at 7:00 PM ET on Fox.
Sources 1, 2, 3
I only carried one— Gretchen Carlson (@GretchenCarlson) December 11, 2018
ONTD who would you want to inaccurately portray you in the unauthorized story of your life?
Drag Queens are responsible for some of the buzziest makeup trends dominating your feeds. Some call it "IG makeup," but what it really is is decades of quiet, but powerful, influence from the drag community. Watch ELLE's new documentary "BEAT": https://t.co/PnVEWYusMh— ELLE Magazine (US) (@ELLEmagazine) December 11, 2018
Elle online released a seventeen-minute documentary about how current makeup trends like highlighting and contouring originated with the drag scene and the evolution of drag makeup. The documentary features drag performers India Ferrah, Vivacious, Sasha Velour, and more.
- The BBC has released the trailer for the upcoming Watership Down miniseries adaptation, based on the book of the same name by Richard Adams.
- Voice talents include James McAvoy, John Boyega, Gemma Chan, Gemma Arterton, Taron Egerton, Olivia Colman, Peter Capaldi, Sir Ben Kingsley, Daniel Kaluuya, Rosamund Pike and Nicholas Hoult, among others.
- Plot summary: Fleeing their doomed warren, a colony of rabbits struggle to find and defend a new home.
I haven't read this, but from what I gather, it's rather traumatizing. Poor lil bun-buns.
“Maybe I’ll sing you a song,” says the multi-award-winning actress and musician, Jennifer Hudson. “I’m gonna fly-yyy away with my swoops.” She’s singing—in perfect falsetto, of course—about the two bold “swoops” of liquid black liner that she’s just drawn around her almond-shaped eyes.
just a week after being signed with Sub Pop records, masked country crooner Orville Peck has dropped residency dates in London. Don't miss a chance to catch this enigmatic performer... and tell us all about it, London queens.
Also, it seems like Orville deleted all his previous songs off iTunes and Spotify except for his newest release Big Sky.
Are y'all London fish looking into this? What are your thoughts of country in the UK? Is something big coming?
The barbz are getting more tuition & student loan money after I sue this hoe @JessePalmerTV— QUEEN (@NICKIMINAJ) December 11, 2018
You going to jail 😂😂😂😂😂@JessePalmerTV— QUEEN (@NICKIMINAJ) December 11, 2018
Nicki Minaj is threatening to sue Daily Mail reporter Jesse Palmer, after news broke that her new boyfriend is a convicted rapist who also served time for manslaughter. Palmer extensively covered the allegations against Minaj's beau, Kenneth Petty, on the Daily Mail TV program.
Netflix has greenlit a scripted series that retells the tragic life story of Selena Quintanilla, la reina of Tejano music and one of the most iconic Mexican-American singers to have lived.
“Selena and the entire Quintanilla family are an inspiration to many and especially to me, a millennial of the same heritage. Selena’s career achievements are legendary, but our scripted series will focus on the incredible story of a Mexican-American family and how an extraordinary young woman transcended categories and borders to become a global star. I can’t imagine a better partner than Netflix to celebrate Selena and her family’s lives,” said the president of Campanario Entertainment.
Selena was tragically shot and killed in 1995 at the young age of 23 by her former fan club president Yolanda Saldívar. She’s currently being held in the Mountain View Unit in Texas serving a life sentence with a possibility of parole in 2025.
A biopic Starring Jennifer Lopez was released in 1997 by Warner Bros. and helped catapult Lopez and her career.
ONTD, what’s your favorite song by Selena?
Sources:1 | 2
Gay comedians defend Sarah Silverman amid Kevin Hart Oscars row https://t.co/PeKtJ6p0c5— The Independent (@Independent) December 11, 2018
Several gay comedians came to Sarah's defense after Nick Cannon tried to compare her, along with Amy Schumer and Chelsea Handler, to Kevin Hart over the fall-out of the comedian stepping down as oscar host after his refusal to apologize for his homophobic jokes.
Billy Eichner tweeted that while he didn't think people should use the f-word, he believes the context and intent was different with Hart than it was with the other comedians Cannon listed.
People have been tweeting me for my thoughts on Nick Cannon’s tweets. I obviously can’t speak for the entire LGBTQ community. But here’s my personal opinion for those who care, which is probably not that many people. #SundayFundaypic.twitter.com/2K36pVeF45— billy eichner (@billyeichner) December 10, 2018
Guy Branum and Louis Virtel have also come to Sarah's defense.
Sarah has practically gone joke by joke through her old catalog and apologized for material she wouldn't say now, with specific reasoning. She has never been above criticism and it is ridiculous she's being compared to him.— Louis Virtel (@louisvirtel) December 10, 2018
Author Greg Hogben tweeted that whereas Silverman, Schumer, and Handler were all allies, Hart's humor about not wanting a gay child felt malicious (full thread here).
I can’t say the same for Kevin Hart. I can't find a history of helping at risk LGBT youth. To be honest, his tweets and his stand-up gig saying he’d ‘do anything not to have a gay son,' made me bristle. In short, it *felt malicious.— Greg Hogben (@MyDaughtersArmy) December 9, 2018
Silverman herself responded to another user, after retweeting Hogben's thread.
Haven’t for years. I did then. I don’t now. See?— Sarah Silverman (@SarahKSilverman) December 10, 2018
But even then (I thought) I was using it comedically as an ally (liberal bubble bullshit, I know now) ❤️
Branum and Virtel