Articles on this Page
- 12/05/18--17:02: _Why Brie Larson Loo...
- 12/05/18--17:24: _French It-Girl Jean...
- 12/05/18--17:24: _Cardi B shares firs...
- 12/05/18--17:27: _The Cut Retracts Ar...
- 12/05/18--18:09: _Kevin Hart's histor...
- 12/05/18--19:07: _Survivor 37x11 - "S...
- 12/05/18--19:09: _How Britney Spears ...
- 12/05/18--19:09: _The 20 (5) Best Tra...
- 12/05/18--19:09: _Bella Thorne promot...
- 12/05/18--19:43: _Goop invented yoga
- 12/05/18--20:34: _Michelle Williams s...
- 12/05/18--21:14: _Country Lana Is Com...
- 12/05/18--21:14: _Top Chef: Kentucky ...
- 12/05/18--21:15: _Saoirse Ronan datin...
- 12/05/18--21:22: _A nearly 3 years in...
- 12/05/18--21:24: _PETA wants you to s...
- 12/05/18--22:05: _'Mary, Queen of Sco...
- 12/05/18--22:06: _Ariana Grande accus...
- 12/06/18--04:58: _Soulja Boy released...
- 12/06/18--04:58: _Riverdale Mid Seaso...
- 12/05/18--17:02: Why Brie Larson Looks So Bored In 'Captain Marvel'
- 12/05/18--17:24: Cardi B shares first photo of baby daughter Kulture
- 12/05/18--19:07: Survivor 37x11 - "So Smart They're Dumb"
- 12/05/18--19:09: The 20 (5) Best Trailers of 2018
- 12/05/18--19:43: Goop invented yoga
- 12/05/18--21:14: Country Lana Is Coming: Miss Grant Performs Two New Songs
- 12/05/18--21:14: Top Chef: Kentucky starts tonight!
- 12/05/18--21:15: Saoirse Ronan dating ‘Mary Queen of Scots’ co-star Jack Lowden
- In 2010, the 4th accuser met Tyson at a party at the American Museum of Natural History. There, she said Tyson made sexual jokes and propositions that made her extremely uncomfortable. She told 2 friends about it, both of whom confirmed that she did to Buzzfeed. She also produced an old email where she warned her employer against collaborating with Tyson.
- 4 people, 3 of whom were crew members of Cosmos, confirmed that Ashley Watson, Tyson's former assistant on the show in the earlier parts of 2018, told them about the sexual harassment in the months after, and produced texts and emails as proof that she did.
- In 2009, Tyson tried to reach down the front of Katelyn Allers's dress (right after the above photo). A friend of hers as well as another witness who saw the incident confirmed her version of the events to Buzzfeed.
- Tchiya Amet's ex-husband said that Amet had told her some details of her alleged rape by Tyson, when Tyson and her were graduate students in 1984, including that he drugged her. The ex-husband gathered that it was something traumatic, and that the trauma affected their marriage.
- Watson had read the rape allegations on Tchiya Amet's blog, but dismissed them. After her alleged sexual harassment by Tyson, however, she messaged Amet to say she believes Amet.
- In 1983, the year prior to the alleged rape, Amet had to periodically leave school to testify at a murder trial. The combined trauma caused her to drop out.
- Investigators from the producers of Cosmos are set to interview Watson on Wednesday. Neither Allers nor Amet has been contacted by investigators from the show yet, because apparently the investigation is still in early stages.
- 12/05/18--22:05: 'Mary, Queen of Scots' Premiere Pics
- 12/05/18--22:06: Ariana Grande accused of using "blaccent" on social media
- 12/06/18--04:58: Riverdale Mid Season Finale Promo, "Outbreak"
Forbes says that Brie Larson does indeed look bored in the new trailer.
The colorful costume is in contrast with her deeply unimpressed facial expression
But Forbes says it's intentional because her character isn’t a young, zippy teenager, she's a jaded intergalactic warrior, an amnesiac one
What we’ve seen so far indicates that this is a story about a superhuman becoming human, rather than the other way around. And a superhuman as ridiculously overpowered as Captain Marvel is bound to be bored by the scale of her own abilities
Larson is playing an emotionally detached character
So yeah, she looks bored, but that's the point.
French It girl Jeanne Damas unveils her French-girl beauty secrets, from a perfectly imperfect red lip to an at-home bang trim.
Beauty Post! What is your favorite lipstick color? Are you for or against bangs? 💄💇♀️✨
Cardi spoke about her hesitance and fear of showing a photo of her baby daughter but has now finally revealed her to the world. Kulture is 5 months old.
What a cutie!
An earlier story about Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas did not meet our standards. We've removed it and apologize https://t.co/DkcOatMV2z— The Cut (@TheCut) December 5, 2018
Yesterday, The Cut published an article in which it theorized that Priyanka Chopra chose to marry Nick Jonas for the sake of fame. The original ONTD post is here, courtesy of tabloidpersona.
The Cut has now retracted the article, and wrote:
"Upon further editorial review, we found this story did not meet our standards. We’ve removed it and apologize."
Oscars host Kevin Hart's homophobia is no laughing matter | Benjamin Lee https://t.co/QJCvRmQbRf— Guardian US (@GuardianUS) December 6, 2018
Since he was announced as the 2019 Oscar ceremony host yesterday, some of the offensive things Kevin Hart has said in the past have been circulating on social media.
Kevin Hart wrote in his memoir about getting physical with his ex-wife and how he ended up spending a night in jail after one of their fights.
Considering how many of the Oscars' biggest fans are women and gay men it's quite something for the Academy to hire a guy who beat one wife, cheated on another when she was eight months pregnant and said one of his biggest fears is his son growing up and being gay.— Erik Anderson (@awards_watch) December 5, 2018
A clip from an old standup special where he talked about how much he feared his son being gay and how he knocked over his young son and another boy because they were "having a gay moment" is being brought up.
People also found some of his old homophobic tweets that he tweeted and never deleted.
So are these the kind of "jokes" Kevin Hart is gonna tell when he hosts Oscars? pic.twitter.com/ElnX5uUR1l— Adam Ellis (@moby_dickhead) December 6, 2018
After seeing this @benfraserlee tweet, I did a search for every time Kevin Hart tweeted "fag," "homo," or "gay." It was…a lot. And he seems to have basically stopped tweeting those words after 2011 — i.e. the year his first stand-up movie became a hit. https://t.co/P8nTOilFgxpic.twitter.com/6uzPhnvt4F— Adam B. Vary (@adambvary) December 5, 2018
Christian successfully played his hidden immunity idol. Gabby was voted out
Please put any unaired spoiler discussion under an LJ spoiler cut!
In 2004, Britney Spears launched Curious, her first perfume. But celebrity scents are not always a sure thing. Many of them drop into the market, lasting only a season never to be heard from again (remember J by Jennifer Aniston or Black Star by Avril Lavigne?).
It turned out to be the best selling fragrance of 2004, netting over $100 million in sales.
By 2013, one report stated that in five years Elizabeth Arden had sold over 500 million bottles of Curious. That’s five times as many units in a quarter of the time.
Despite the fact that sales of perfumes with famous names attached peaked in 2011, and have been on the decline ever since.
Cosmo noted a dip as low as 22% in the category's sales.
However, Britney Spears’ perfume operation has continued to thrive. Just this fall, she released Prerogative — her 24th perfume — directly into Kohl’s and Walmart stores. It also happened to be her first “gender neutral” scent.
Do you wear "celebrity scents?"
Sources: the InStyle tweetInStyle
If Beale Street Could Talk
A Star Is Born
What's your favorite trailer this year? Which movies did or did not live up to their trailers?
SOURCES: Tweet, Video 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Ooooooo 😍😍😍 pic.twitter.com/kaaBmpuWr2— BITCHIMBELLATHORNE (@bellathorne) November 29, 2018
Bella Thorne is continuing to expand her beauty business with the launch of lip colors and versatile glitter "mousse" for eye and body.
The lip stains are scented like chocolate, sugar, and vanilla with names like "Fuck Me Firetruck", "DSL", and "Sexual Chocolate". They also offer a plumping effect.
To promote the collection, she released a video where she's seen covering herself with glitter, chocolate and whipped cream as she frolics naked on a bed.
You can check out the Thorne by Bella collection HERE
What are some of your favorite make-up at the moment, ONTD?
Gwyneth Paltrow made a claim about yoga that might make people forget "conscious uncoupling." https://t.co/V0LrS1GyVJ— HuffPost (@HuffPost) December 5, 2018
Oscar winner and lifestyle leader claims in an interview for the Wall Street journal magazine that her influence helped yoga become a thing on the western world.
Pattabhi Jois who? Favorite yoga style?
Tenitra Michelle Williams stopped by Buzzfeed News’ AM2DM to promote her reality show “Chad Loves Michelle” airing on OWN. Williams defends her fiancée for the comments he made asking her if she had “taken her meds?” after Williams told her fiancée in a heated arguement, “Well, Chad, because you are not Black you would not understand why I communicate the way I do. Maybe because you didn’t grow up around a lot of Black people.” He was so “offended” and that’s when he asked the question about her medication. The two were discussing the argument to their couple’s therapist. You can see that here in last month’s post.
Tenitra says that that scene appeared worse than it was and blamed it on “editing.” She then makes it clear that for 20 years Chad has worked with a lot of Black and Latino youth and that she would never bring someone into her life that was racist. She adds that that is an insult to her and her intelligence.
LANA DEBUTED A COUNTRY SONG HER AND JACK MADE FOR FUN pic.twitter.com/sfP7UBLYGE— Win Edwards 🍒 (@WinEdwards) December 6, 2018
Lana Del Rey and her aspiring guitarist/collaborator performed at a benefit concert with two new songs titled "Hey Blue Baby" (above) and "I Must Be Stupid for Being So Happy" (below).
Norman F-cking Rockwell is [[allegedly]] slated for a March 2019 release, but no confirmation on that.
new song❤️ pic.twitter.com/sRF4wUhmu7— jonah (@planettropico) December 6, 2018
Aparentemente el titulo de las canciones cantadas esta noche son 'Hey Blue Baby’ y 'I Must be Stupid for Being so Happy’ pic.twitter.com/aUNTEOsktE— Lana Del Rey Argentina (@LanaDelReyArg) December 6, 2018
HBB is good but IMAGINE it with BTD styled hip hop beats, WHEW
Top Chef is back and starts tonight on Bravo. Returning for the 16th season is host Padma Lakshmi, head judge Tom Colicchio, and judges Graham Elliot, Nilou Motamed and Gail Simmons. 15 new chefs from across the US will compete for the title of Top Chef across the state of Kentucky and will feature the earliest Restaurant Wars yet with not two, but three teams/restaurants! The season finale showdown will take place in Macau, China.
Watch host Padma Lakshmi promote the new season on Ellen by cooking sloppy joes behind the cut.
Sources:1 | 2 | 3
According to Page Six, Saoirse Ronan is dating her “Mary Queen of Scots” co-star Jack Lowden
They looked extremely close at the after-party for their new movie Tuesday night
A movie source told Page Six of Ronan and Jack: “We don’t know when they got together, we only found out on Tuesday night when they rolled up together — but they seem very happy and sweet.”
After nearly 3 years of investigation, reporters at Buzzfeednews.com have unearthed a ton of new details about the sexual harassment/rape allegations against Neil deGrasse Tyson. I'll try to sum up the most relevant proof/corroboration of each incident from the article:
Words matter, and as our understanding of social justice evolves, our language evolves along with it. Here’s how to remove speciesism from your daily conversations. pic.twitter.com/o67EbBA7H4— PETA: Bringing Home the Bagels Since 1980 (@peta) December 4, 2018
According to PETA, common animal-unfriendly idioms such as "kill two birds with one stone", "let the cat out of the bag", "take the bull by the horns", "be the guinea pig", "hold your horses", "open a can of worms", "bring home the bacon", "beat a dead horse", "more than one way to skin a cat" and "put all your eggs in one basket" can perpetuate violence toward animals and normalize abuse.
Just as it became unacceptable to use racist, homophobic, or ableist language, phrases that trivialize cruelty to animals will vanish as more people begin to appreciate animals for who they are and start ‘bringing home the bagels’ instead of the bacon.— PETA: Bringing Home the Bagels Since 1980 (@peta) December 4, 2018
Source 1 + 2 + 3
Last night, Saoirse Ronan and Margot Robbie attended the NYC premiere of their film Mary, Queen of Scots alongside some of the rest of the cast. Scroll through for more pics, and check out more under the cut.
They both look absolutely radiant!
errr her voice? pic.twitter.com/ru7B9qp6sC— santa❄️🎄 (@stilettoheeI) December 6, 2018
A clip from Ariana Grande's interview with Billboard is going viral on social media, with users taking notice of Ariana's "blaccent", specifically in the clip above where she exaggerates her pronunciation of certain words.
Another user posted a comparison between the way Ariana used to talk, compared to the accent she recently has been putting on:
ARIANA GRANDE AND THIS BLACCENT 😩 pic.twitter.com/HGlF2qXbJD— MESSY CARDI ⚪️ (@MESSYCARDIB) December 6, 2018
Thoughts, ONTD? Are they reaching again or is this a valid criticism?
Your boi Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em is back from 2007! No, it isn’t a new self-produced catchy single. DeAndre Cortez Way, known professionally as Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em, has entered the electronics and gaming market, truly making this timeline that we're currently in even more confusing. 🤔
Tell ‘Em has introduced several “new” questionable electronics from China: The SouljaGame Console, SouljaGame Handheld, SouljaWatch, SouljaPods, SouljaHeadphones with Wireless Bluetooth, SouljaPhone HT70, and the SouljaPad. Phew, that hustle tho!
Soulja Boy’s “new” video game system and handheld use an emulator running ROM’s and is basically a more expensive reskin of retro game consoles from manufacturer Anbernic (originally priced at $60 for the handheld and $80 for the console on Amazon). All Tell ‘Em did was slap his name on the packaging from existing electronics that aren’t exactly legal, at least for the gaming side of things. Specifications on most, if not all of “his” electronics are the exact same but with a higher price tag attached.
ONTD, will you be gifting your friends and family a Soulja Boy Tell ‘Em bootleg product this holiday season?
To the first person that purchased my console you just brought tears to my eyes. Tears of joy! Thank you so much for your support I promise to continue my tech company and evolve it in the gaming world. I’m just a kid with a dream 🤷🏾♂️— Soulja Boy (Drako) (@souljaboy) December 5, 2018
Sources:1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Running out of places to stay, Jughead faces his mommy/abandonment issues and takes Archie to Toledo where Gladys and Jellybean stay.
Back in Riverdale, the town's resident Nancy Drew gets a little closer to the truth about Gryphons & Gargoyles, while platonic Cheronica confront their parents after more students have seizures.
Every series regular except Josie will appear because RAS.
Directed by John Kretchmer and written by James DeWille. Original airdate 12/12/2018.