Articles on this Page
- 12/05/18--12:55: _Gwendoline Christie...
- 12/05/18--12:56: _Prince Andrew faces...
- 12/05/18--13:12: _RPDR News Roundup: ...
- 12/05/18--13:12: _The Innocent Man | ...
- 12/05/18--13:12: _Ellen DeGeneres ret...
- 12/05/18--13:12: _'Miracle Workers' T...
- 12/05/18--13:17: _Louis CK Gets Heckled
- 12/05/18--13:53: _Tabloid Cover Wedne...
- 12/05/18--13:54: _Tiffany Haddish and...
- 12/05/18--13:54: _Chloe Grace Moretz ...
- 12/05/18--13:54: _Lena Dunham Apologi...
- 12/05/18--13:54: _Tony Todd reacts to...
- 12/05/18--13:55: _Jake Gyllenhaal joi...
- 12/05/18--13:55: _Karen Gillan Talks ...
- 12/05/18--13:55: _Miley Cyrus rocks d...
- 12/05/18--14:15: _Today in White Apol...
- 12/05/18--14:19: _Sandra Oh and Andy ...
- 12/05/18--15:16: _Surprise witch! Bet...
- 12/05/18--15:39: _You arent dreaming....
- 12/05/18--16:11: _Don Mancini talks t...
- 12/05/18--12:55: Gwendoline Christie supports Kit Harington
- 12/05/18--13:12: The Innocent Man | Official Trailer | Netflix
- 12/05/18--13:12: Ellen DeGeneres returns to stand-up after 15 years, talks coming out
- Being unemployable (and angry) for 3 years after Ellen was cancelled
- Touring for 90% gay audiences during those years, and being viewed as a spokesperson for the community
- The death of her girlfriend when she was 20 years old
- The world today being “such a scary place right now, in so many ways" that it “overwhelms me with dread”
- 12/05/18--13:12: 'Miracle Workers' Trailer
- 12/05/18--13:17: Louis CK Gets Heckled
- 12/05/18--13:53: Tabloid Cover Wednesday
- 12/05/18--13:54: Tiffany Haddish and Awkwafina eyed for ‘21 Jump Street’
- 12/05/18--13:54: Chloe Grace Moretz spotted making out with model Kate Harrison
- 12/05/18--13:54: Lena Dunham Apologizes to Aurora Perrineau
- Lena wrote an apology that said, "I believe you" after originally defending a writer whom Perrineau accused of sexual misconduct in 2017
- “When someone I knew, someone I had loved as a brother, was accused, I did something inexcusable: I publicly spoke up in his defense..."
- Admitting she lied, Lena wrote: “There are few acts I could ever regret more in this life. I didn’t have the ‘insider information’ I claimed, but rather blind faith in a story that kept slipping and changing and revealed itself to mean nothing at all.”
- Aurora Perrineau accused Girls writer Murray Miller of sexually assaulting her when she was 17-years-old in 2012
- 12/05/18--13:55: Jake Gyllenhaal joins Instagram
- 12/05/18--13:55: Karen Gillan Talks Tumbleweeds & Impersonates Britney on Kimmel
- 12/05/18--13:55: Miley Cyrus rocks demure new look in London
- 12/05/18--14:19: Sandra Oh and Andy Samberg to Co-Host the Golden Globes
- 12/05/18--15:39: You arent dreaming...American Gods S2 finally gets a release date
- 12/05/18--16:11: Don Mancini talks the upcoming Child's Play remake
Gwendoline Christie steps out to support Kit Harington at the press night for his new West End play https://t.co/ALktDJIG06— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) 5 grudnia 2018
- Gwendoline Christie went to the Vaudeville Theatre in London's West End on Tuesday,
- she supported Kit Harington at the press night for his new play True West,
- Lily Collins, Alfie Allen and Jerome Flynn also went,
- reviews for Kit's performance have been positive.
The picture set to come back and haunt Prince Andrew https://t.co/avV8HDuksQ— Daily Mail U.K. (@DailyMailUK) 2 grudnia 2018
- Epstein was jailed on child prostitution charges in 2008 after guilty plea,
- he served 13 months of an 18-month jail term,
- Andrew has reportedly known Epstein since the 1990s,
- a victim of Epstein, Virginia Roberts, named Andrew in a previous civil court claim against the billionaire,
- a new case is being brought against Epstein,
- a photograph of Prince Andrew with his arm around Ms Roberts (believed to be 17 at that time) is one of the exhibits,
- Ms Roberts claims she was forced to have sex with Epstein from the age of 16.
All Stars 4 Press Week has commenced with the queens out and about ahead of the season's premiere on Friday 12/14 on Vh1.
They repeated the All Stars trend of AOL Build interviews, wherein Gia Gunn and Farrah throw heavy shade at RuPaul.
RuPaul finally confirms that a British version of 'Drag Race' will air on BBC Three in 2019 https://t.co/fN1eXvmF4p— HuffPost UK (@HuffPostUK) December 5, 2018
- RuPaul and Michelle Visage will act as judges on the UK version of Drag Race to air in 2019
- Quoth RuPaul: "“It is a dream come true to extend our royal family to the United Kingdom with our partners at BBC Three. I am beyond excited to celebrate the massive charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent of the Queen’s queens.”
The Holi-Slay Spectacular special will air this Friday, 12/07 8PM EST/PST.
Here's a first look at the entrance looks, with a full sneak preview here
AOL Build Interview
Two murders, four convictions, and a town full of secrets. Based on John Grisham's only true crime best-seller, The Innocent Man, an old case that shook the small town of Ada, Oklahoma in the 1980s is re-opened with unbelievable evidence that has everyone questioning if the right men were charged, or if the killer is still out there. The Innocent Man is streaming globally on Netflix December 14th.
Ellen DeGeneres is returning to stand-up comedy after 15 years in her new Netflix special, Relatable, which premieres later this month. The trailer touches on her experience coming out, among other things.
When she came out in 1997, and her character Ellen Morgan followed suit, she became the first openly gay lead in television history. 44 million people watched her coming out episode, which went on to win an Emmy. However, the show also received death threats and was cancelled due to falling ratings; Ellen struggled to find other work until her talk show launched five years later.
This echoes her conversation earlier this year on Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, where she talked about:
The Ellen DeGeneres Show has been running since 2003, Ellen celebrated her 10-year anniversary with wife Portia de Rossi in August, and the couple is worth $380 million.
SOURCE, Google & Netflix
- TBS has released a trailer for Miracle Workers, a new limited series comedy starring Daniel Radcliffe and Steve Buscemi.
- Plot summary: When God plans to destroy the Earth, two low-level angels must convince their boss to save humanity. They bet him they can pull off their most impossible miracle yet: help two humans fall in love.
- The show was created by Simon Rich (SNL, Man Seeking Woman) and premieres February 12th, 2019.
- A cast photo from last winter featuring Karan Soni, Geraldine Viswanathan and the show's creator, plus the aforementioned Buscemi and Radcliffe.
Meet the cast of Miracle Workers! It's just like any other workplace comedy. Except that Steve Buscemi is the boss and he's literally God. Coming soon to @tbsnetwork! : @gettyimagespic.twitter.com/h9ZmkYvEDq— Miracle Workers (@miracletbs) January 12, 2018
Not impressed by the clip, but one of my comedy faves wrote for the show and I like these actors, so I will probably check it out.
At the Comedy Cellar in NY, Louis CK showed up unannounced and a woman, who didn't appreciate his presence there, yelled "Get your dick out!"
Tiffany Haddish and Awkwafina are being eyed for the lead roles in the upcoming 21 Jump Street reboot.
Columbia Pictures president Sanford Panitch preciously describes the film with “We think that there’s something fun about keeping that irreverent spirit of Jump Street, but maybe having it be told through a female undercover cop point-of-view. We’ve had enough male buddy comedies. The script is really funny and has a freshness to it.”
Chloe Grace Moretz Has Dinner and Makeout Session with Model Kate Harrison https://t.co/ynpUfo9JeG— TMZ (@TMZ) December 5, 2018
Title explains it... Chloe Grace Moretz was spotted making out with Kate Harrison.
Lena Dunham apologizes to actress Aurora Perrineau for defending a writer who Perrineau accused of sexual misconduct. https://t.co/L2nclmoKtH— The Associated Press (@AP) December 5, 2018
Just this week, BD had the scoop confirmed that Jordan Peele is producing a "spiritual sequel" the underrated 90s horror movie, with Nia DaCosta directing. Tony Todd is unconfirmed to cast in it and had some thoughts on what we wants to see.
"In 2018, I think there are a few neighborhoods that could use some Candyman justice, you know what I’m saying? I’m just happy that as an African-American man, that Candyman has once again been given the nod to enter people’s consciousness,” he says.
The horror icon hopes that they won't dance around the romance between him and the love of his life. "[Back then] it was rare that African-American male film stars got to kiss any of the white leading ladies they worked with."
The new Candyman is slated to be in theaters on June 12, 2020.
+ Jake Gyllenhaal joined Instagram this afternoon and posted a cute video to promote his upcoming film Spider-man: Far From Home where he plays iconic villain Mysterio.
+ The first teaser trailer is rumored to drop next Saturday.
- Karen Gillan appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! last night and talked Avengers 4, living with her parents, and her new film The Party's Just Beginning.
- She wrote, directed and acted in her new film, and had the opportunity to cast some of her childhood friends in her film as people drunkenly eating chips outside of a chip shop.
- She first came to America when she was 24, and all of her references were Friends and westerns. She was excited to finally see a real life tumbleweed in Santa Fe, which she shipped to her parent's house in Scotland. They were equally excited, and set it free on the streets of Scotland.
- Karen does an impersonation of Britney Spears singing "Jingle Bells" (starts at 5:40).
Oblig #JusticeForSelfie. Can't wait to see her film!
Miley Cyrus is in London doing a press tour for her new single 'Nothing Breaks Like a Heart' with Mark Ronson, and debuted a tame new look - in a good way. The singer wore Gucci in an all-black attire, complimented by newly dyed blonde locks.
"I’m so actively trying to support women (not a brag but with the record label etc) I kinda forget that I'm not very educated on feminism and misogyny" https://t.co/5DMww4baSy— Pitchfork (@pitchfork) December 5, 2018
Matt Healy, vocalist from the 1975 whose band latest album has been blasphemously compared to Radiohead’s OK Computer was on some anti-black clownery in an interview and he’s now had to apologize.
Healy claims that misogyny has been eradicated from rock music (sure, Mick) and that misogyny seems to only exists in hip hop which he ascribes to black men while ignoring the existence of white men in hip hop. The White Man claims the publication misquoted him (sure thing, Mick) and that misogyny wasn’t allowed in rock music (okay, Moot). His attempt to apologize included that PR ready clause of how he loves Hotep Kenny (translation for the white folks: Kendrick Lamar). His fully comments and subsequent apology can be found at the source.
- Both actors are Golden Globe winners.
I love it!
The Witches Will Return in Future “American Horror Story” Seasons! https://t.co/zYi0elI6J1— Bloody Disgusting (@BDisgusting) December 5, 2018
-You just can't keep a good witch down! Ryan Murphy has revealed that the witches of Coven/Apocalypse will return for a 3rd installment.
-Confirmed that it wont be for S9 but for a future season as they have a really cool story to tell.
-No word on which characters/actresses will return.
Just give Coven their own tv show tbh.
-American Gods is finally making a comeback! The season is set to premiere March 10th, 23 months after the first episode premiered on STARZ.
-The show has had multiple issues behind the scenes from going through 3 different show runners before the season has even aired, Gillian Anderson and Kristin Chenoweth quitting, and majority of the season having to be rewritten.
-The 1st season ended on a bit of a cliffhanger that we obviously wont be starting on.
Child's Play creator Don Mancini discussed the upcoming remake from MGM which is in effect competing with the ongoing franchise (a Chucky television series is in the works).
“MGM retained the rights to the first movie, so they’re rebooting that,” Mancini explained. “They asked [producer] David Kirschner and I if we wanted to be executive producers. We said no thank you, because we have our ongoing thriving business with Chucky. Obviously my feelings were hurt. Ya know, I had just done two movies… forgive me if I sound defensive, [they] were both at 83% on Rotten Tomatoes. Even though they didn’t get theatrical releases, they were well regarded. And I did create the character and nurture the franchise for three fucking decades.”
Mancini continued, “So when someone says, ‘Oh yeah, we would love to have your name on the film’… it was hard not to feel like I was being patronized. They just wanted our approval. Which I strenuously denied them. I hesitate to say too much about it because I don’t want to sound like I’m belly-aching too much. But the producers of that movie are the producers of IT (2017). How would they feel if there was some legal loophole that allowed David Kirschner and I to swoop in and make our own IT movie with our own version of Pennywise and say, ‘Hey guys, we would love to put your names on it.’ I imagine they wouldn’t like it. That’s how I feel.”
“The people who are making that movie, they don’t know how that’s going to affect my livelihood. It’s not just a paycheck. It’s very personal. MGM’s screwing with that… potentially.”