Articles on this Page
- 12/04/18--20:57: _Neo Yokio: Pink Chr...
- 12/04/18--20:58: _Flop: The new iPhon...
- 12/04/18--22:33: _Cardi B and Offset ...
- 12/05/18--00:08: _Emily Hampshire of ...
- 12/05/18--04:36: _The Cut publishes a...
- 12/05/18--06:06: _No More "We Can't F...
- 12/05/18--07:06: _Tove Lo - "Cycles" ...
- 12/05/18--07:48: _Columbia University...
- 12/05/18--08:47: _Mahershala Ali’s Tr...
- 12/05/18--10:00: _ONTD Roundup
- 12/05/18--10:57: _Ariana Grande's Tha...
- 12/05/18--10:57: _Dua Lipa for Vogue ...
- 12/05/18--10:57: _'Call Me by Your Na...
- 12/05/18--10:58: _"Patriot Act" - Con...
- 12/05/18--10:58: _Master Ariana Grand...
- 12/05/18--11:01: _Jessica Simpson and...
- 12/05/18--11:29: _Netflix paid 100 mi...
- 12/05/18--11:30: _Ariana Grande, Bill...
- 12/05/18--11:53: _Elseworlds Extended...
- 12/05/18--11:55: _Kpop Post:Onew,Labo...
- 12/04/18--20:57: Neo Yokio: Pink Christmas | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix
- 12/04/18--22:33: Cardi B and Offset are separating
- 12/05/18--06:06: No More "We Can't Find Any Black Female Writers"
- 12/05/18--07:06: Tove Lo - "Cycles" (Official Video)
- 12/05/18--10:00: ONTD Roundup
- Chance The Rapper slams Twitter after Tumblr announces their ban of Porn
- 🚨Fashion Emergency🚨 Bootcut jeans are making a comeback!
- Flop: The new iPhones are struggling to sell, resort to promo deals and trade-ins to boost sales
- Priyanka and Nick share their wedding photos
- Beyonce And Ed Sheeran’s Outfits At Global Citizen Fest Spark Debate About Gender Standards
- Yesterday's Roundup
- 9 Films that turn 10 years in 2019! 🎉
- Top 12 episodes of the Doctor Who Universe.
- Guessing the First 5 DLC Characters in Smash Ultimate
- Need book recs? Here are 10 books by women!
- 12/05/18--10:57: Ariana Grande's Thank U, Next music video beats Adele's Hello
- 12/05/18--10:57: Dua Lipa for Vogue UK - January 2019
- 12/05/18--10:58: "Patriot Act" - Content Moderation & Free Speech
- 12/05/18--11:01: Jessica Simpson and Natalie Portman are feuding
- 12/05/18--11:29: Netflix paid 100 million for another year of the TV show Friends
- 12/05/18--11:30: Ariana Grande, Billboard Woman of the Year
- 12/05/18--11:53: Elseworlds Extended Trailer + Poster/Interview
- 12/05/18--11:55: Kpop Post:Onew,Laboum, Starship
Description: Sing in me muse, and through me tell the story of that elegant young man who battled demons and celebrated Christmas in the greatest city in the world, Neo Yokio.
The second best anime of 2017 is back with a Christmas special. Premeries 12/7/18 on Netflix
can we have a bodega boys tag plz?
Apple is trying to boost iPhone sales with discount promotions on trade-in deals and other strategies it rarely uses pic.twitter.com/YzONbojM8d— TicToc by Bloomberg (@tictoc) December 4, 2018
Apple’s latest iPhones (the XS, XS Max and XR) are struggling this year in sales forcing Apple to use new marketing strategies it rarely uses: advertising the iPhone XR for $449*. That’s $300 less than its official sale price. There is an * asterisk however, noting that for customers to receive the promotional discount you must trade in an iPhone 7 Plus first.
The company is even telling their marketing team to stop current projects to instead focus on coming up with ways to help sell the iPhone XR and XS, adding speculation that iPhones simply aren’t selling like the company had expected.
“Apple is faced with the conundrum of needing to look into the mirror and decide if they should come out with an even lower priced iPhone," says the source.
Perhaps discontinuing the more affordable iPhone SE and pricing most of the new iPhones near and over $1,000 with no 2-Year contracts from carriers to subsidize the price may just have something to do with it. Or people are just waking up from their tired marketing. Or both. Just a thought.
When has Apple ever before advertised an iPhone at $300 less than it actually costs by using an asterisk? pic.twitter.com/DTNLrOCxly— Mark Gurman (@markgurman) December 3, 2018
Company executives moved some marketing staff from other projects to work on bolstering sales of the latest handsets in October. This person described it as a "fire drill," and a possible admission that the devices may have been selling below expectations. https://t.co/eLXzBR2G4fpic.twitter.com/fFg67BT5n2— Jesse Felder (@jessefelder) December 4, 2018
ONTD, what is your current brand and phone model?
Sources:1 | 2 | 3
Cardi B announced on Instagram that her and Offset are separating after a year of marriage. They are parents to 5 month old Kulture.
In the video, she says that things haven't been working out for them for a long time and they are not together anymore.
Schitt’s Creek actress Emily Hampshire who plays Stevie on the show appeared on BuzzFeed News’ AM2DM to promote the upcoming holiday episode airing December 18th (CAN) & 19th (USA). She says she recently saw the Christmas episode but doesn’t want to give away too much. You’ll see a possible flashback of the Rose family before they lost their wealth. She also mentions that her friendship with Dan Levy (David!) is very similar to that of their characters on the show.
Hampshire recently got engaged to Canadian musician/producer Teddy Geiger just last month. Season 5 of Schitt’s Creek begins next month in early January on CBC and Pop.
ONTD, what season of Schitt’s Creek is your favorite season? Me? Awards.
“All Nick [Jonas] wanted was a possible fling with Hollywood’s latest It Woman, but instead he wound up staring straight at a life sentence with a global scam artist,” writes @mRiahhttps://t.co/BX5qJPcATf— The Cut (@TheCut) December 5, 2018
New York Magazine's The Cut is facing backlash after publishing an article on Nick Jonas's marriage to Priyanka Chopra that paints Chopra as a "scam artist" willing to do whatever it takes to achieve high profile stardom. "All Nick wanted was a possible fling with Hollywood’s latest It Woman, but instead he wound up staring straight at a life sentence with a global scam artist."
- The writer claims after breaking barriers by being the first major Indian crossover star in America in 2015, Chopra has been doing all she can to climb the ladder of success in Hollywood.
- Doesn't believe the couple's story about meeting through DMs on social media, and that it was arranged by Priyanka Chopra's team.
- Accuses Chopra of pursuing a romance to boost her career, and implies Tom Hiddleston was a possible candidate as they were reportedly flirting at an Emmys after-party just before her romance with Nick.
- Portrays Nick as a victim who is "blinded" by love.
- This quote: "At times, marriage can be a beautifully wonderful union that warms even the coldest of hearts, but sadly, this union evokes no such feeling."
Update: The article has now been removed.
An earlier story about Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas did not meet our standards. We've removed it and apologize https://t.co/DkcOatMV2z— The Cut (@TheCut) December 5, 2018
Members of Black Women Who Brunch, (co-founded by Lena Waithe), gather to discuss how the industry can better understand black women in Hollywood.
THE BARRIERS IN THE PIPELINE
- assistants of color are less likely to be looped in on or recommended for writer's assistant openings.
- being trusted to run your own show is one of the hardest battles.
- they are less likely to be asked to lunch or invited to social gatherings by their non-minority peers.
- a writer on a "black show" who moves to a "non-black show" often has their level questioned.
- they often don't have the generational wealth or financial support system to attend film schools or work almost for free for years as an intern or assistant.
- if they hire one person of color, they've hired enough people of color.
THE TOKEN IN THE ROOM?
- 3rd season of NBC's Las Vegas, the showrunner said there were too many characters on the show. The consensus was to kill of Marsha Thomason's character (the only black woman), and the guys were excited for her to die in a fiery explosion.
- someone labeled "difficult" does not return for season two.
- it takes more than a couple of people to redirect the course of a character or a story. You can be dismissed if you are the lone voice.
- people in charge need to believe also in inclusion, in being allies and amplifying underrepresented voices.
- it takes a creator/showrunner who gives a shit enough to look past the source material and put that onscreen.
I WISH HOLLYWOOD UNDERSTOOD …
- We're multidimensional and would like to be treated as such.
- we work twice as hard (getting half as much) in order to defend ourselves against an assumption of mediocrity.
- you have black women screenwriters masquerading as lawyers because no one took them seriously.
- we can write for anyone, not just for black women.
- we also have to deal with speaking up when marginalized people are portrayed in a negative or stereotypical light.
- we have such little room for error. We have to be exceptional.
MICROAGGRESSION HORROR STORIES
- was mistaken as a stand-in for Kerry Washington and also was asked if she was the script supervisor.
- white showrunner looked at her almost in disbelief and said, "You're really smart."
- people use their one black friend to explain why your point of view is wrong.
- someone from the dominant race believes they know more about the "minority" experience and wants to enlighten the world about our struggles.
- to deny that 'they don't see color' is not realistic and can actually be hurtful.
- her experience wasn't valid because she wasn't "really black." Because she is Yale educated.
- reluctance to turn a show into an "issues" show or make things too "political."
- being told she is too sensitive.
- being female and black, she was constantly questioned or ignored.
PLEASE STOP …
- hiring women or black people solely because there is a woman or black character on your show.
- requiring black writers to also be performers.
- being afraid to talk about race. And calling us "angry".
- telling her to "wait her turn" to develop her own idea.
- asking her if she cut my hair. Natural hair shrinks.
PLEASE START …
- asking us to lunch or drinks.
- asking writers of color for recommendations.
- demanding from agents to read people of color specifically.
- asking agencies about new talent.
- hiring black writers even when there aren't black characters in the main cast.
- considering our creative range.
One month after releasing her short film "Blue Lips," Tove Lo returns with the official music video for "Cycles." The song appears on the Swedish singer-songwriter's criminally underrated 2017 album, also entitled Blue Lips.
Columbia University students kick SNL comedian Nimesh Patel off stage for making unsafe jokes, organizers apologize for "the hurt his words caused members of the community." https://t.co/XZKYlbEpMN— reason (@reason) December 4, 2018
Nimesh Patel, a comedian and writer for Saturday Night Live, was yanked from the stage in the midst of his routine at Columbia University, after students decided his material was homophobic, racist, and making them feel unsafe.
During the event, Patel's performance featured commentary on his experience living in a diverse area of New York City—including a joke about a gay, black man in his neighborhood—which the officials deemed inappropriate.
Patel joked that being gay cannot be a choice because "no one looks in the mirror and thinks, 'this black thing is too easy, let me just add another thing to it.'"
Patel made it 30 minutes before organizers cut off the routine.
Patel pushed back on the officials' remarks, and said that while he stood in solidarity with Asian American identities, none of his remarks were offensive, and he was exposing the audience to ideas that would be found "in the real world." Before he could finish, Patel's microphone was cut from off-stage, and he proceeded to leave.
The officials condemned Patel's remarks, which "ran counter to the inclusive spirit and integrity of CultureSHOCK." They apologized for inviting Patel, and for "the hurt his words caused members of the community."
Mahershala Ali had to convince the True Detective show-runner that the season would not only work with a black man in the lead role—but that it would would actually be improved by that casting https://t.co/SgQBCMfPGW— VANITY FAIR (@VanityFair) December 5, 2018
The lead role was written as white, with a black cop in a supporting role.
“I read the scripts. I was blown away. I got to read the first four, and I could have played that second lead, the supporting character. But in my mind I was like, ‘I’ve done this my entire career. I’ve never done that.’ And I’m 40 at that time. And if it don’t happen now, it really may not happen.”
Ali made the case to show-runner Nic Pizzolatto that the season would not only work with a black man in the lead role—but that it would would actually be improved by that casting.
Ali convinced show-runner Nic Pizzolatto to give him the role by texting him pictures of his grandfather, who was a state-police officer.
“I was like, ‘See, we existed in this space in the 60s, in the 70s, [as] state-police officers. This is in Arkansas,’ We don’t have to beat them over the head with the race element, but let’s write it. I’m encouraging him to think of it from the standpoint of how it’s experienced. Racism is not experienced as the n-word all the time. I want to play that part."
Pizzolatto thought about it a couple of days, got back to him, and he was like, "Yo, let’s do this. I’m down.”
For Tuesday, December 4, 2018:
Ariana Grande's Thank U, Next music video beats Adele's Hello for fastest to reach 100 million views https://t.co/l69vF1D9cM— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) 5 grudnia 2018
- Thank U, Next is the fastest music video to reach 100 million views,
- Ariana needed four days to break Adele's record,
- Thank U, Next also topped the Billboard charts for three weeks,
- it's Ariana's biggest so far.
She talks about what is feminism to her and how she feels about her body.
BOOOM!— Armie Hammer (@armiehammer) December 4, 2018
Much to the dismay of most of ONTD, and to the chagrin of all the haters, André Aciman, the author of 'Call Me by Your Name', announced that he is currently working on the sequel to the book. No word yet on how this will retcon the epilogue segment of the original book, as the sequel movie is set to take place 6-7 years after the first movie.
One can assume this is a response to Oscar-winning screenwriter James Ivory's recent comments about a sequel never happening. The filmmakers behind the first movie have already said they're well working on the sequel, including director Luca Guadagnino. Stars Armie Hammer (above) and Timothée Chalamet have countlessly voiced their optimism and confirmation that they will indeed return for said sequel when it starts production (rumors for this is around 2020).
In light of Tumblr mass-deleting "adult content" and Facebook's and Twitter's everything, Hasan Minaj looks why hate content and right-wing propaganda flourish on social media and fail to act against its effects.
"There can be 100 video compilations of Lady Gaga on YouTube and 99 don't believe in you, and all it takes is just one compilation to believe in you."
Source 1, 2
Can you do any impressions?
Jessica Simpson blasted Natalie Portman on twitter for remarks she made during a Vox Lux press tour, saying it was confusing for her growing up to watch pop stars like Jessica Simpson declare they're virgins while posing in bikinis.
The quote Jessica is responding to:
natalie was doing promo for vox lux and said this, i'm surprised jessica even responded. pic.twitter.com/JJTcjkWCer— popculturediedin2009 (@pcd2009) December 5, 2018
NEW: Netflix pays $100M to stream "Friends" for another year https://t.co/ptv0Jp2QxH— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) December 4, 2018
The Holiday Armadillo has granted your wish: “Friends” will still be there for you in the US throughout 2019 pic.twitter.com/Yd0VqRzk3r— Netflix US (@netflix) December 3, 2018
- For 100 million, Netflix gets the exclusive streaming rights, for a year, to the hit tv show, Friends.
- They had previously bought the rights for 30 million.
- Fans were panicking because it was going to be removed on January 1st.
SOURCES: 1 and 2
OP note: she's actually white.
“I just hope you’re OK with me crying, because that’s not going to not happen. I can’t even say ‘Good morning’ to anyone without crying. I guess there’s not much I’m afraid of anymore. When life tries you with such serious shit so many times, your priorities change. I don’t give a shit. I just want to be happy and healthy -- one day -- and make music.”
- Before the interview, Ariana Grande was working on a new song about Mac Miller.
- Loves thank u, next more than "any other song [she's] put out".
- Has been spending a lot of time with old friends and collaborators since Mac's death - most notably Tommy Brown (produced tu,n)
- Behind the mixing console is the only place she feels in total control.
“My dream has always been to be -- obviously not a rapper, but, like, to put out music in the way that a rapper does. I feel like there are certain standards that pop women are held to that men aren't. We have to do the teaser before the single, then do the single, and wait to do the preorder, and radio has to impact before the video, and we have to do the discount on this day, and all this shit. It’s just like, ‘Bruh, I just want to fucking talk to my fans and sing and write music and drop it the way these boys do. Why do they get to make records like that and I don’t?’ So I do and I did and I am, and I will continue to.”
- She has politely walked out of sessions before due to certain men not willing to give her some control.
- Having that control has been "the only way [she's] been able to survive".
- Thank U, Next (the album) was written in a week and recorded in two weeks. It was the product of "feminine energy and champagne and music and laughter and crying". It sounds upbeat, but actually reflects a really sad chapter in her life.
- No plans for a career break any time soon.
Ariana Grande reacting to her childhood photos.
Cute, if you're a fan, kind of boring otherwise. She brings up a lot how she still looks like her baby photos when she doesn't have all of that hair and makeup on.
Ariana tries to sound 'bad and black' at 2:25, which seems to be a thing with her.
-loads new footage including tom c. as reverse flash and kate kane
Hour One: The Flash
EPIC ELSEWORLDS CROSSOVER KICKS OFF TONIGHT — When Barry Allen and Oliver Queen wake up one morning and realize they have swapped bodies with each other, the two set off to find out what disturbed the timeline to cause such a shift. However, things quickly go from bad to worse when they present their case to Team Flash and the gang doesn’t believe them. Barry and Oliver realize they need Supergirl’s help and travel to Smallville on Earth-38 where they end up meeting Kara’s cousin, Clark Kent (guest star Tyler Hoechlin), and intrepid reporter, Lois Lane (guest star Elizabeth Tulloch). LaMonica Garrett guest stars as The Monitor. Kevin Tancharoen directed the episode written by Eric Wallace & Sam Chalsen (#509). Original airdate 12/9/2018.
Hour Two: Arrow
THE ELSEWORLDS CROSSOVER CONTINUES IN GOTHAM CITY WITH BATWOMAN — With Oliver and Barry still stuck in the other’s bodies, the two get a lead on John Deegan (guest star Jeremy Davies) and head to Gotham City with Supergirl to figure out why their reality has changed. While there, they meet the mysterious Kate Kane (guest star Ruby Rose) who provides them with information that leads the group to Arkham Asylum. James Bamford directed the episode with teleplay by Marc Guggenheim and story by Caroline Dries (#709). Original airdate 12/10/2018.
Hour Three: Supergirl
THE BATTLE CONCLUDES — Supergirl, The Flash, Green Arrow and Superman (guest star Tyler Hoechlin) engage in the battle of their lives. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Marc Guggenheim and teleplay by Derek Simon & Robert Rovner (#409). Original airdate 12/11/2018.
Cassandra Jean Amell as Nora Fries
John Barrowman Returns
-had fun with the smaller cast size this year
-kara is the only one who recognizes barry & oliver as their real selves
-barry/felicity won't be explored as much as oliver/iris will be
-"paid tribute" to smallville by using the kent farm that show used for their entire run
-kara & kate will have a surprising amount in common
read full interview/details @ source
the crossover is just a few days away! are you looking forward to it, ontd?
Sources: CW YT / KSiteTV / Arrow Twitter / Stills / TVLine Twitter