Articles on this Page
- 05/13/17--16:44: _Doctor Who Promo - ...
- 05/13/17--18:13: _Mary Elizabeth Wins...
- 05/13/17--18:30: _VH1 releases new pr...
- 05/13/17--18:44: _Elementary renewed ...
- 05/13/17--19:59: _First reactions to ...
- 05/13/17--20:00: _Greg Berlanti is th...
- 05/13/17--20:00: _Melissa McCarthy is...
- 05/13/17--20:24: _the Backstreet Boys...
- 05/13/17--21:10: _Vanessa Lachey and ...
- 05/13/17--21:10: _PWR BTTM dropped fr...
- 05/13/17--21:11: _Samurai Jack Final ...
- 05/13/17--22:00: _Mckayla Maroney pos...
- 05/13/17--22:00: _Charlie Hunnam want...
- 05/13/17--22:07: _Katy Perry creates ...
- 05/13/17--10:47: _Rock Legends and Ot...
- 05/13/17--11:26: _Wynonna Earps seaso...
- 05/13/17--11:26: _BAND AID movie trai...
- 05/13/17--11:27: _Ursula K. Le Guin’s...
- 05/13/17--11:31: _Simon Cowell turned...
- 05/13/17--11:34: _16 (5) books to rea...
- 05/13/17--16:44: Doctor Who Promo - 10x06 'Extremis'
- 05/13/17--18:13: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Announces Split from Husband
- They met on a cruise as teenagers and have been together for 15 years.
- Married since 2010
- They have no kids together, but they do have 2 adorable dogs.
- She produced and starred in Faults which he wrote and directed.
- 05/13/17--18:30: VH1 releases new promo for Daytime Divas
- 05/13/17--18:44: Elementary renewed for season six!
- 05/13/17--19:59: First reactions to Wonder Woman + Whedon's script leaked in full
- 05/13/17--20:00: Melissa McCarthy is on SNL tonight!!
- 05/13/17--20:24: the Backstreet Boys' AJ McLean hopes his children are gay
- 05/13/17--21:10: PWR BTTM dropped from label, issuing refunds and pledges donations
- 05/13/17--21:11: Samurai Jack Final Episode Promo
- 05/13/17--22:00: Mckayla Maroney posts racy dancing video on Instagram
- 05/13/17--22:00: Charlie Hunnam wants a 'Queer As Folk' (UK) reunion!
- 05/13/17--22:07: Katy Perry creates #bonappetitchallenge for flop single
- 05/13/17--10:47: Rock Legends and Other ONTD Faves React to Harry Styles' Album
- 05/13/17--11:26: Wynonna Earps season 2 casting and roundup
- 05/13/17--11:26: BAND AID movie trailer - Directed by Zoe-Lister Jones
- 05/13/17--11:31: Simon Cowell turned down a judging spot on the American Idol reboot
- 05/13/17--11:34: 16 (5) books to read this spring
Have you ever given up something important for someone, ONTD Gallifreyans?
Additional info if you want it:
They seemed so normal and in love in their recent instagram posts. I am honestly so surprised by this, but it seems amicable.
-Inspired by Star Jones' book Satan's Sisters.
-Starring Vanessa Williams, Tichina Arnold, Chloe Bridges, Camille Guaty and Fiona Gubelmann
-Premieres June 5th
-This wasn't expected but HURRAY
-Another year of LL and JLM makes me happy
-Maybe they can convince Natalie Dormer to reappear now that GoT is over? *fingers crossed*
this is the kindest thing the cancel/renewal gods have done to me so far. How are your shows faring?
First reactions to Wonder Woman seem positive so far, but it is important to note that full reviews aren't allowed yet.
I just saw Wonder Woman. Not allowed to talk about it yet... but will say Patty Jenkins is a wonderful human who is too good for this world.— Anna Klassen (@AnnaJKlassen) May 13, 2017
not a review but they're cute and smiling so
and finally, in more Wonder Woman news, Joss Whedon's leaked script from 2006 has appeared online, in full.
some highlights include:
- The film would have been set in modern times instead of WWI like Patty Jenkin's vision.
- His Diana Prince/Wonder Woman was arrogant, spoiled, and would start fights or judge too quickly.
- Wonder Woman feels superior to the world.
- Diana's friend, Aethra, had a weird obsession with Steve Trenor's genitals (lmao)
- Bad puns
do you still have faith in DC movies or Joss Whedon, ONTD?
-Greg Berlanti has taken over Aaron Spellings spot as having the most tv shows on air at once.
-Spelling had 8 back in the day while Berlanti will have 10.
-Shows include: CW's Arrow, Black Lightning, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Riverdale, Supergirl, ABC's Deception, NBC's Blindspot, Lifetime's You and live-action Titans.
-Technically tied with Jerry Bruckheimer but one of his shows was a reality show (Amazing Race)
Are you a fan of any of Berlanti shows? Does he need to retire?
- Starts at 8:30pt/9:30mt/10:30c/11:30est.
- HAIM is the musical guest.
Are you ready for it to get Spicey?
On not having any sons:"I am so thankful that I did not have boys... All my bandmates have boys, too much testosterone."
On wanting his daughters to be gay:"I hope that both of my daughters are gay because that takes all penis out of my life — I do not want to deal with boys ever. But if I do have to, they’re going to have to go through quite a lot of trials to go through me because my daughters are my life."
read the full interview at the source
ontd, do you want your children to be gay?
Vanessa Lachey and Curtis Stone will host the new Top Chef spin-off and it is set to air October 2017.
There will be 14 episodes where 12 young chefs (ages 9-14) will compete in quickfires, team challenges, elimination challenges, as well as the famous “Restaurant Wars”.
ONTD who are your favorite Top Chef contestants? Or more fun, least favorite?
Due to the allegations of abuse against PWR BTTM's Ben Hopkins, Polyvinyl has dropped the band from their label and is no longer selling the band's music. Father/Daughter Records will no longer be selling PWR BTTM's 2015 debut Ugly Cherries or any other merchandise. Both records have pledged donations to RAINN and NCAVP
Throughout our 20 years, Polyvinyl has purposefully operated on the core principle that everyone deserves to be treated with fairness and respect. There is absolutely no place in the world for hate, violence, abuse, discrimination or predatory behavior of any kind.
In keeping with this philosophy, we want to let everyone know that we are ceasing to sell and distribute PWR BTTM's music. If you have ordered PWR BTTM products from Polyvinyl and would like to receive a full refund for your purchase, please contact email@example.com. We ask for your patience as we work to quickly process all requests.
We will be making donations to the following incredibly important organizations: RAINN (rainn.org) to support its efforts against sexual violence, and AVP (avp.org) to aid its programs against LGBTQ violence.
Our hearts go out to all victims of discrimination and all survivors of sexual violence.
waiting for google to tell me PWR BTTM was a former band tbh. I love how the label/bands/etc aren't taking their side. Also, if you have tickets to any of their upcoming shows, they may be cancelled. I heard some venues were issuing refunds too, so get that $$ and support better music!
source 1, source 2
That cliffhanger, I can't believe it will all be over soon😭
Video of McKayla Maroney dancing in a thong has gone "instagram"-viral
She followed up with another post that said, "i didn't get hacked. unfollow if u need to. all love"
She is trying to start a music career
source: 1, 2
- He's down to reprise his role as Nathan in a QAF reunion.
- It's been 17 years since the show went off the air. Thinks it'll be interesting to see where all the characters are now.
- Charlie was 20 when the show ended.
ONTD, are you down for a QAF UK revival?? Somebody needs to call Russell T. Davies ASAP!
- the challenge is to "try and look sexy while you're being hit with water"
- see people's #bonappetitchallenge posts here
- ICYMI, the video for this single just came out
source + source + source
Outstanding @Harry_Styles. Way to bring back the rock. 🤘🏼— Gene Simmons (@genesimmons) May 13, 2017
im loving the @harry_styles album! so happy young people worldwide are blasting this right now! yay for an album of real songs & real music!— christina perri (@christinaperri) May 12, 2017
Sources: Simmons | Mason | Trainor | Rodgers | Adams | Ronson | Perri
What are your favorite tracks, ONTD? Has Harry single-handedly saved rock?
Varun Saranga (in the tweet pic, next to mustache-less Tim Rozon) will play Jeremy, who works in Black Badge and 'wears a lab coat a lot'.
Some TVJunkies tidbits from C2E2 (Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo).
* Tim shaved the mustache for a different role, Doc has the mustache the whole season, don't worry.
* According to Emily Andras, 'Two of the villains this year have incredible costumes. It’s very much a part of them'.
* Shamier Anderson hates wearing contacts for Dolls''lizard eyes' and says he wears them a lot more this season.
* When asked 'how gay' S2 of WE is, Andras said: “Think like a dolphin at Studio 54. Glitter bomb. Liza Minnelli is there. They lock eyes across a crowded dance floor and Donna Summer is playing. Clay Aiken is there even though it’s the 70s. Mike Pence is like ‘I don’t know about this.’ I’d say capital G Gay.”(whatever that actually means)
Geek Girl Authority was also at the panel and had some tidbits.
* When asked if Wynonna would be willing to bring the first major poly-amorous relationship to the small screen, possibly between Wynonna and “two gentlemen,” Andras answered, “Maybe.” (don't bait me, Andras, I know it'll never happen)
* Andras wants more action in the show and to put the stunt choreographers to work more. Most of the stunts are done by the main actors, but of course they have stunt doubles for the more difficult shots.
* The comics and the show are not canon to one another, as that would limit each other with the gritty details, like when Waverly's birthday is. They see them as two different universes that parallel each other.
SyFy Wire interview wit Tim Rozon at WonderCon. Some highlights:
* The response to the show from the LGBT fanbase has been really special, he feels like the show has given the community a voice they've wanted.
* Tim is a huge comic book fan, when he auditioned he wasn't nervous because of the producers, but because Ted Adams, the CEO of IDW comics was there.
* This year on the 'dream checklist' everything is checked for Tim, between playing an iconic character and writing a comic. Getting to co-write comics with Beau Smith, was without a doubt the greatest experience of his life, maybe more than acting.
* All our questions from S1 will be answered, then we'll have a lot of new questions. Each episode there are so many directions the show is going in that are nuts, fans will ask 'what's happening here?'
* Now that they don't have to establish the show and characters, they hit the ground running in S2, they go in some unexpected directions. Emily knows and loves the fanbase and takes that under consideration, so he thinks everyone will be very happy.
Wynonna Earp won a 'Rosies' award (Alberta Film & Television Awards) for best dramatic series.
Alexandra Zarowny won a WGC award ( Writers Guild of Canada) for 'Best Script from a Rookie Series' for 1X09, 'Bury Me With My Guns On'
Looks like Tim is continuing to co-write Wynonna Earp comics, this time a 5 parter. Melanie Scrofano also co-wrote with Beau Smith, let's see if anyone else from the cast join in the fun.
Some pics from the set:
I dedicate Tuesday™ to these three. The fiercest, strongest, inspiring and funniest Women I know. Thanks for saving mine and Doc's hide. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/IAvNxRyez2— Tim Rozon (@realtimrozon) April 4, 2017
SOURCES: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10,
GIFS: #1, #2
Wynonna Earp returns in 4 weeks, June 9th at 10/9C on the SyFy channel. You getting excited yet?
... feature debut from Zoe Lister-Jones, is the story of a couple, Anna (Zoe Lister-Jones) and Ben (Adam Pally), who can’t stop fighting. Advised by their therapist to try and work through their grief unconventionally, they are reminded of their shared love of music. In a last-ditch effort to save their marriage, they decide to turn all their fights into song, and with the help of their neighbor Dave (Fred Armisen), they start a band.
The film opens in the US on June 2nd.
Back in January, Zoe talked about the film at Sundance, her experiences with making music, and how she hired an all-female film crew for the production:
Left Hand of Darkness is about a man named Genly Ai who’s sent to the planet of Gethen to convince its people to join a planetary confederation. However, he finds himself unable to do so, due to his ignorance of the planet’s culture. Gethenians are ambisexual, with no fixed gender identity. They will assume one genre for reproductive purposes for a small period of time (the 'Kemmer'.)
The book was much more than the sexuality of the Gethenians; the political issues were quite important.
The 87-year-old author will serve as a consulting producer on the project.
In an interview with Extra, Simon reveals that he was asked to return for the new American Idol that is being unnecessarily revived on ABC, but he said no.
He elaborated: “I have no interest. My memories are when we first started. It was a different time with Randy [Jackson], Ryan [Seacrest] and Paula [Abdul]. You can’t recreate that.”
A dazzlingly accomplished debut collection explores the ties that bind parents and children, husbands and wives, lovers and friends to one another and to the places they call home.
Uganda’s history reimagined through the cursed bloodline of the Kintu clan in an award-winning debut. Makumbi weaves together the stories of Kintu’s descendants as they seek to break from the burden of their shared past and reconcile the inheritance of tradition and the modern world that is their future.
An unprecedented and heartbreaking look at the state of a largely still-closeted Japanese gay culture: how it's been affected by the West, and how the next generation can change the preconceptions about it and prejudices against it.
When the expense of a medical procedure forces the 30-year-old Patricia to move back in with her parents, husband in tow, she must learn to live again with her family's simmering madness, and to reckon with the dark side of a childhood spent in the bosom of the Catholic Church.
Nature Poem follows Teebs—a young, queer, American Indian (or NDN) poet—who can’t bring himself to write a nature poem. But Teebs gradually learns how to interpret constellations through his own lens, along with human nature, sexuality, language, music, and Twitter.
SOURCES:Fader's Twitter; Fader article; Goodreads:     
Good excuse for a book post? What are you reading this spring, ONTD?