Articles on this Page
- 05/13/17--07:27: _Katherine Langford ...
- 05/13/17--07:27: _Jack Rae Antonoff r...
- 05/13/17--07:27: _Freeform cancels Ba...
- 05/13/17--07:28: _Laverne Cox Flaunts...
- 05/13/17--11:26: _Wynonna Earps seaso...
- 05/13/17--11:26: _BAND AID movie trai...
- 05/13/17--11:27: _Ursula K. Le Guin’s...
- 05/13/17--11:31: _Simon Cowell turned...
- 05/13/17--11:34: _16 (5) books to rea...
- 05/13/17--11:36: _Fifth Harmony teami...
- 05/13/17--11:36: _Eurovision Song Con...
- 05/13/17--11:45: _NBC orders "Champio...
- 05/13/17--12:20: _Men have linked the...
- 05/13/17--12:22: _AMC - PREACHER S2 N...
- 05/13/17--13:43: _Sofia Boutella for ...
- 05/13/17--13:43: _Why Taylor has gone...
- 05/13/17--15:10: _CBS cancels Joel Mc...
- 05/13/17--15:10: _Ken Jeong and Jimmy...
- 05/13/17--15:12: _Harry Styles covers...
- 05/13/17--15:14: _Liam Payne shows of...
- 05/13/17--07:27: Katherine Langford On The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon
- 05/13/17--07:27: Jack Rae Antonoff releases new bop, 'Everybody Lost Somebody'
- 05/13/17--07:27: Freeform cancels Baby Daddy
- 05/13/17--07:28: Laverne Cox Flaunts Her Natural Hair
- 05/13/17--11:26: Wynonna Earps season 2 casting and roundup
- 05/13/17--11:26: BAND AID movie trailer - Directed by Zoe-Lister Jones
- 05/13/17--11:31: Simon Cowell turned down a judging spot on the American Idol reboot
- 05/13/17--11:34: 16 (5) books to read this spring
- 05/13/17--11:36: Eurovision Song Contest 2017 - Grand Final - Live
- 05/13/17--11:45: NBC orders "Champions" from Mindy Kaling starring Ander Holmes
- 05/13/17--12:20: Men have linked the longest streak of Hot 100 #1s in 25 years
- 05/13/17--12:22: AMC - PREACHER S2 New Trailer + New Promo Art & Cast Photos
- 05/13/17--13:43: Sofia Boutella for Malibu Magazine
- 05/13/17--13:43: Why Taylor has gone off-the-grid
- 05/13/17--15:10: CBS cancels Joel McHale comedy "The Great Indoors"
- 05/13/17--15:10: Ken Jeong and Jimmy O Yang join Crazy Rich Asians
- 05/13/17--15:14: Liam Payne shows off his sick style on IG
- It's her first solo talk show
- Talks about Lady Gaga and how she inspired her to play piano
- Talks about 13 Reasons Why and the controversy surrounding it
i hope she makes it big
One of the show's creators announced that Freeform has cancelled the show after six seasons. The 100th - and final - episode will air in two weeks.
Wearing my hair natural with its beautiful kink and curl on the daily is a bit too much work for me. I usually opt for protective styles, wigs and hair pieces for my everyday styles.
But back in January when we did this shoot, this is the look I was most excited about. I haven't relaxed my hair since 2011. My natural hair journey continues and I want to celebrate that as much as the other looks we rock. I also want to celebrate my natural hair sisters. I love you!
Hair post !
Varun Saranga (in the tweet pic, next to mustache-less Tim Rozon) will play Jeremy, who works in Black Badge and 'wears a lab coat a lot'.
Some TVJunkies tidbits from C2E2 (Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo).
* Tim shaved the mustache for a different role, Doc has the mustache the whole season, don't worry.
* According to Emily Andras, 'Two of the villains this year have incredible costumes. It’s very much a part of them'.
* Shamier Anderson hates wearing contacts for Dolls''lizard eyes' and says he wears them a lot more this season.
* When asked 'how gay' S2 of WE is, Andras said: “Think like a dolphin at Studio 54. Glitter bomb. Liza Minnelli is there. They lock eyes across a crowded dance floor and Donna Summer is playing. Clay Aiken is there even though it’s the 70s. Mike Pence is like ‘I don’t know about this.’ I’d say capital G Gay.”(whatever that actually means)
Geek Girl Authority was also at the panel and had some tidbits.
* When asked if Wynonna would be willing to bring the first major poly-amorous relationship to the small screen, possibly between Wynonna and “two gentlemen,” Andras answered, “Maybe.” (don't bait me, Andras, I know it'll never happen)
* Andras wants more action in the show and to put the stunt choreographers to work more. Most of the stunts are done by the main actors, but of course they have stunt doubles for the more difficult shots.
* The comics and the show are not canon to one another, as that would limit each other with the gritty details, like when Waverly's birthday is. They see them as two different universes that parallel each other.
SyFy Wire interview wit Tim Rozon at WonderCon. Some highlights:
* The response to the show from the LGBT fanbase has been really special, he feels like the show has given the community a voice they've wanted.
* Tim is a huge comic book fan, when he auditioned he wasn't nervous because of the producers, but because Ted Adams, the CEO of IDW comics was there.
* This year on the 'dream checklist' everything is checked for Tim, between playing an iconic character and writing a comic. Getting to co-write comics with Beau Smith, was without a doubt the greatest experience of his life, maybe more than acting.
* All our questions from S1 will be answered, then we'll have a lot of new questions. Each episode there are so many directions the show is going in that are nuts, fans will ask 'what's happening here?'
* Now that they don't have to establish the show and characters, they hit the ground running in S2, they go in some unexpected directions. Emily knows and loves the fanbase and takes that under consideration, so he thinks everyone will be very happy.
Wynonna Earp won a 'Rosies' award (Alberta Film & Television Awards) for best dramatic series.
Alexandra Zarowny won a WGC award ( Writers Guild of Canada) for 'Best Script from a Rookie Series' for 1X09, 'Bury Me With My Guns On'
Looks like Tim is continuing to co-write Wynonna Earp comics, this time a 5 parter. Melanie Scrofano also co-wrote with Beau Smith, let's see if anyone else from the cast join in the fun.
Some pics from the set:
I dedicate Tuesday™ to these three. The fiercest, strongest, inspiring and funniest Women I know. Thanks for saving mine and Doc's hide. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/IAvNxRyez2— Tim Rozon (@realtimrozon) April 4, 2017
SOURCES: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10,
GIFS: #1, #2
Wynonna Earp returns in 4 weeks, June 9th at 10/9C on the SyFy channel. You getting excited yet?
... feature debut from Zoe Lister-Jones, is the story of a couple, Anna (Zoe Lister-Jones) and Ben (Adam Pally), who can’t stop fighting. Advised by their therapist to try and work through their grief unconventionally, they are reminded of their shared love of music. In a last-ditch effort to save their marriage, they decide to turn all their fights into song, and with the help of their neighbor Dave (Fred Armisen), they start a band.
The film opens in the US on June 2nd.
Back in January, Zoe talked about the film at Sundance, her experiences with making music, and how she hired an all-female film crew for the production:
Left Hand of Darkness is about a man named Genly Ai who’s sent to the planet of Gethen to convince its people to join a planetary confederation. However, he finds himself unable to do so, due to his ignorance of the planet’s culture. Gethenians are ambisexual, with no fixed gender identity. They will assume one genre for reproductive purposes for a small period of time (the 'Kemmer'.)
The book was much more than the sexuality of the Gethenians; the political issues were quite important.
The 87-year-old author will serve as a consulting producer on the project.
In an interview with Extra, Simon reveals that he was asked to return for the new American Idol that is being unnecessarily revived on ABC, but he said no.
He elaborated: “I have no interest. My memories are when we first started. It was a different time with Randy [Jackson], Ryan [Seacrest] and Paula [Abdul]. You can’t recreate that.”
A dazzlingly accomplished debut collection explores the ties that bind parents and children, husbands and wives, lovers and friends to one another and to the places they call home.
Uganda’s history reimagined through the cursed bloodline of the Kintu clan in an award-winning debut. Makumbi weaves together the stories of Kintu’s descendants as they seek to break from the burden of their shared past and reconcile the inheritance of tradition and the modern world that is their future.
An unprecedented and heartbreaking look at the state of a largely still-closeted Japanese gay culture: how it's been affected by the West, and how the next generation can change the preconceptions about it and prejudices against it.
When the expense of a medical procedure forces the 30-year-old Patricia to move back in with her parents, husband in tow, she must learn to live again with her family's simmering madness, and to reckon with the dark side of a childhood spent in the bosom of the Catholic Church.
Nature Poem follows Teebs—a young, queer, American Indian (or NDN) poet—who can’t bring himself to write a nature poem. But Teebs gradually learns how to interpret constellations through his own lens, along with human nature, sexuality, language, music, and Twitter.
SOURCES:Fader's Twitter; Fader article; Goodreads:     
Good excuse for a book post? What are you reading this spring, ONTD?
Ally revealed yesterday (via snapchat) that Fifth Harmony was working with Grammy-award winning production team The Stereotypes for their upcoming album.
The dynamic duo produced hits for Bruno Mars ('24K Magic', 'That's What I Like'), Danity Kane ('Damaged', 'Lemonade'), Justin Bieber ('Somebody To Love') and more
"these other pop girls aren't doing IT. this summer, i need 5h to come through and show them what they should've did"
The Grand Final of the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest will take place in Kyiv, Ukraine after Jamala won in Stockholm in 2016 with the song 1944. 26 Countries will perform in the final: Ten countries who qualified from the first Semi-Final, ten qualifiers from the second Semi-Final, The Big 5: Manel Navarro from Spain, Alma from France, Lucie Jones from the United Kingdom, Francesco Gabbani from Italy, Levina from Germany and O.Torvald from host country Ukraine.
who are you rooting for, ONTD?
Created by Mindy Kaling, who also serve as writer and executive producer and have a recurring role on the show
Logline: The comedy centers on Vince (Anders Holm), a charismatic gym owner with no ambition who lives with his younger brother Michael (Andy Favreau), a gorgeous idiot. Their simple life of women and working out is put on hold when the teenage son of Vince is dropped off on their doorstep by Priya (Mindy Kaling), one of his old high school flings.
Cast: Anders Holm, Mindy Kaling (recurring), Andy Favreau, Mouzam Makkar, JJ Totah, Nina Wadia
Continuing the trend of history being made due to the level of male domination of the music charts at the moment, this week the ascension of 'I'm the One' (which featured five different male artists) to number one marked the first time in 25 years that seven #1 songs in a row were by exclusively male artists.
The last time a female artist topped the hot 100 was in November when Closer by the Chainsmokers and Halsey fell out of the top spot the week of the election.
The last song without a male artist to hit #1 was Adele's Hello.
Can anyone but Taylor break this streak?
A new trailer has been released for Season 2 of Preacher! A fan uploaded an unblocked version for those outside of the US =) I'll add the youtube version when it's properly uploaded.
Preacher season two stars Dominic Cooper, Ruth Negga, Joseph Gilgun, Ian Coletti, Graham McTavish, and new additions Noah Taylor (Peaky Blinders, Game of Thrones), Pip Torrens (Star Wars: The Force Awakens, My Week with Marilyn), Julie Ann Emery (Better Call Saul, Fargo), Malcolm Barrett (Dear White People), Justin Prentice (13 Reasons Why, Awkward) and Ronald Guttman (Mozart in the Jungle, Mad Men).
Ruth!! 💃🏼🕺🏼 (feat. finger guns so you KNOW it was wild) pic.twitter.com/GsXBCfjzFG— Ian Colletti (@IanColletti) April 29, 2017
Joe enjoys a bit of bouldering in his downtime from shooting S2 in New Orleans!
BONUS : This is a few months old, but been wanting to add it to a post =) Ruth shows us how to pull a perfect pint of Guinness while also sharing her best worst jokes ♥
So stoked for this! Though I'm going to need to know if DeBlanc is okay...and this latest trailer isn't giving me much hope ;_; PREACHER returns for a special two-night premiere event on Sunday, June 25th @ 10/9c with the episode "On The Road", followed by a second episode on Monday, June 26th @9/8c in the series' regular time slot.
• Sofia talks about growing up in Algeria and moving to France at the age of 10
• After more than a decade as a professional dancer, she decided to focus on acting & Madonna supported her decision
• She spent the next two years taking acting classes but didn't get cast in anything
• She considered go-go dancing but was worried it might affect her emotionally, soon after she was cast as Gazelle in Kinsgman: The Secret Service
• She turned down her part in The Mummy initally because she was afraid to play a monster - "I was afraid it would stick to me, as a woman, and [I would] not work again. Who are the women who played monsters who did anything after? I didn’t see any examples."
• Full article is available @ www.malibumag.com
She also did a photoshoot for C magazine. Photos below!
Source: 1, 2
Inside Taylor Swift’s ‘Conscious Choice’ to Disappear and Focus on Her New Music https://t.co/fErhAgxJci— People Magazine (@people) May 11, 2017
- In a People magazine ~exclusive~, a source shares: "Taylor made the conscious choice to disappear. She was feeling overexposed and like things were almost spiraling out of control. She’s being low-key and secretive [right now] because it makes her happy."
- She's working on new music and "is very excited about her new album. She can’t wait to share with her fans later this year."
GUYS IM LITERALLLY IN A HOUSE WITH A HUUUUGE BOQUET OF FLOWERS FROM TAYLOR SWIFT— Shayna (@captureits) May 13, 2017
source + source
CBS has cancelled the critically panned comedy after one season.
Bonus: Jimmy O Yang trying Vegemite for the first time
Source: 1 |
Harry performing Ultralight Beam at the show tonight. pic.twitter.com/Ai06QYVpLD— Harry Styles Updates (@KingHSUpdates) May 13, 2017
It's really just Chance the Rapper's verse in a rock melody.
"I will vote for whoever is against Brexit." - Harry for The Sunday Times Magazine— Harry Updates. (@TheHarryNews) May 13, 2017
#UPDATE | In The Sunday Times Magazine Harry said that the push to leave EU is creating the kind of world he doesn't want to live in.— Harry Updates. (@TheHarryNews) May 13, 2017
He's inevitably getting dragged for these early into his solo career.
Who's gonna tell Liam payne he's not black or Justin Timberlake— BIG DOOKIE DALE (@trashsavethecat) May 13, 2017
Here's sort of a follow up to his song he posted a teaser on IG
source: 1 2 3 4 5
Why is he doing this