Articles on this Page
- 05/04/17--13:21: _Céline Dion x MET G...
- 05/04/17--13:22: _Halsey shares new s...
- 05/04/17--13:43: _Starz Power Season ...
- 05/04/17--13:57: _Former BET Executiv...
- 05/04/17--14:15: _Hailee Steinfeld co...
- 05/04/17--14:50: _Chris Pratt Apologi...
- 05/04/17--14:50: _#Kimye Fought Hard ...
- 05/03/17--19:55: _Fashion Icon Rita O...
- 05/03/17--20:36: _Miley Cyrus on the ...
- 05/03/17--20:36: _FX - FARGO 3x04 "Th...
- 05/03/17--20:38: _ONTD Original: 5 Mo...
- 05/03/17--21:02: _Chris Evans critici...
- 05/03/17--22:08: _Sandwich shop says ...
- 05/03/17--22:09: _"Dear White People"...
- 05/03/17--22:48: _Christina Aguilera ...
- 05/03/17--23:20: _Royal staff called ...
- 05/04/17--05:45: _New Sense8 Trailer
- 05/04/17--05:45: _Ed Sheeran - 'Galwa...
- 05/04/17--05:46: _SVU Promo for 18x18...
- 05/04/17--05:46: _Celebs tweet about ...
- 05/04/17--13:21: Céline Dion x MET Gala Part 2
- 05/04/17--13:22: Halsey shares new song Eyes Closed
- 05/04/17--13:43: Starz Power Season 4 Teaser
- 05/04/17--14:50: Chris Pratt Apologizes For Insensitive Instagram Video
- 05/04/17--14:50: #Kimye Fought Hard for Their Marriage
- 05/03/17--19:55: Fashion Icon Rita Ora's 2017 Met Gala Hair Took 3 Days to Create
- 05/03/17--20:36: Miley Cyrus on the cover of Billboard Magazine
- 05/03/17--20:36: FX - FARGO 3x04 "The Narrow Escape Problem"
- 05/03/17--20:38: ONTD Original: 5 Modern Sequel Songs
- 05/03/17--21:02: Chris Evans criticizes Joe Walsh for attacking Jimmy Kimmel
- 05/03/17--22:08: Sandwich shop says "Liam Neeson eats here for free" so he shows up!
- 05/03/17--22:09: "Dear White People" series brings conversation about race to Netflix
- 05/03/17--23:20: Royal staff called to Buckingham Palace for ‘emergency meeting'
- 05/04/17--05:45: New Sense8 Trailer
- 05/04/17--05:45: Ed Sheeran - 'Galway Girl' Music Video, ft. Saoirse Ronan
- 05/04/17--05:46: SVU Promo for 18x18: Stuart Townsend Got Old
- 05/04/17--05:46: Celebs tweet about today's healthcare vote
Shows her getting ready in her dressing room
She sings Freeze You Out by Sia and makes mummy puns using Bohemian Rhapsody
Donatella made her a comforter out of the same fabric as her robe
Dancing with Halle Berry!
Follow up to the other Céline x MET Gala post
SOURCES : Vogue YouTube / Céline Fan Twitter 1 / Céline Fan Twitter 2
“Eyes Closed” appears on Halsey’s forthcoming album hopeless fountain kingdom.
Are you looking forward to the new season ONTD?
Former BET Executive Cites ‘Reckless and Inhumane’ Treatment in Wrongful Termination Lawsuit https://t.co/cMzGAKEw4m— Variety (@Variety) May 4, 2017
Zola Mashariki, the former exec VP and head of original programming :
* was fired while on medical leave for breast cancer.
* has filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against the Viacom cabler.
* was subjected to harassment and discriminatory treatment at the hands of her supervisor.
* accused BET of “egregiously reckless and inhumane” treatment in her dismissal.
* cites gender discrimination in alleging that she earned a lower salary than similarly situated male executives.
* accused BET executives of “questioning the validity of her illness.”
* Viacom denies Mashariki’s allegations and has vowed to contest the suit.
Pretty standard fare but a great sentiment behind the song. I am
still rooting for this girl!
ONTD, are you still in love with EDM pop?
prattprattpratt Instagram does this thing where it mutes all the videos it shows and forces you to turn on the volume in order to hear them. (maybe because most people are watching those videos at work when they should be working and don't want to get caught. I know that's when I do it. 😬) So when I made a video recently with subtitles, and requested that people turn up the volume and not just "read the subtitles" it was so people wouldn't scroll past the video on mute, thus watching and digesting the information in the video. HOWEVER, I realize now doing so was incredibly insensitive to the many folks out there who depend on subtitles. More than 38 million Americans live with some sort of hearing disability. So I want to apologize. I have people in my life who are hearing-impaired, and the last thing in the world I would want to do is offend them or anybody who suffers from hearing loss or any other disability. So truly from the bottom of my heart I apologize. Thanks for pointing this out to me. In the future I'll try to be a little less ignorant about it.
Now... I know some of you are going to say, "Hey! Chris only apologized because his publicist made him!" Well. That is not the case. As always I control my social media. Nobody else. And I am doing this because I'm actually really sorry. Apologies are powerful. I don't dole them out Willy-Nilly. This is one of those moments where I screwed up and here's me begging your pardon. I hope you accept my apology.
And on that note. Why doesn't Instagram have some kind of technology to automatically add subtitles to its videos? Or at least the option. I did a little exploring and it seems lacking in that area. Shouldn't there be an option for closed captioning or something? I've made them lord knows how much money with my videos and pictures. Essentially sharing myself for free. I know they profit. So... GET ON IT INSTAGRAM!!! Put closed captioning on your app. #CCinstaNow
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Fought Hard for Their Marriage, Source Says, and Are ‘Still Clawing Their Way Back’ https://t.co/WtiaV6A8br— People Magazine (@people) May 4, 2017
Power couple Kim & Kanye West have gone through a tumultuous year of struggle and set backs. Kim Kardashian was a victim of a vicious robbery in which she thought she was going to get raped, killed and have her sister Kourtney Kardashian find her lifeless body. Kanye West suffered a public melt down and was hospitalized. Kim also come to find out she couldn't have children anymore despite having surgery on her uterus. “Things were just awful between the two of them, but also with both of them separately,” the source close to West, 39, says. “It was like for the first time, they just weren’t happy. I don’t think they were happy separately, and I know they weren’t happy together.”
Ultimately they are working on their marriage, “They never fell out of love with each other, but it was just one of those times where marriage is hard work, and you have to push through the pain.”
It is unknown if this will be shown on Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
- Rita Ora's hair was the conversation-starter on the 2017 Met Gala off-white carpet.
- Celebrity hairstylist and MIZANIGlobal Artistic Director César DeLeön Ramirez is responsible for the iconic look
- "The Met Gala is literally one of my favorite carpets, I look forward to it every year. This year, I was with Rita Ora and I'm so excited because she is a dream client. She's that girl that takes risks and kills a carpet."
- "I wanted to create a head piece out of hair that mimicked a snug cap. We wanted it to be platinum blonde, so I knew I had to use hair wefts."
How much time do you spend styling your hair?
On her new album being singer-song writer-y: Yeah. But not granola. I don’t listen to Ed Sheeran and John Mayer and stuff.
On why she doesn't like Hip Hop music anymore: I can’t listen to that anymore. That’s what pushed me out of the hip-hop scene a little. It was too much “Lamborghini, got my Rolex, got a girl on my cock” -- I am so not that.
On why she stuck her tongue out all the time: I was so embarrassed to be on the red carpet and so many of those fucking disgusting photographers would tell me to blow a kiss, and that’s not me! I don’t want to blow you a kiss. I didn’t know what to do with my face, so I stuck my tongue out, and it became a rebellious, punk-rock thing.
On Blake Shelton, the Voice, and country music fans: I’m down for hanging with Blake. I actually want to take advantage of the fact that he’s there, his fans don’t really take me seriously as a country artist. One, I haven’t given them that music. But I’ve got a tattoo of Johnny Cash’s autograph that he gave me when I was a little girl that says, “I’m in your corner.” Dolly Parton is my fucking godmother. The fact that country music fans are scared of me, that hurts me. All the nipple pastie shit, that’s what I did because I felt it was part of my political movement, and that got me to where I am now. I’m evolving, and I surround myself with smart people that are evolved.
The issue hits stands May 13th. Are you ready for new Miley music?
Emmit and Sy try to figure out what they have gotten themselves into; Nikki and Ray track down some collateral; Gloria learns more about Maurice.
Ewan McGregor (Ray & Emmit Stussy) and Michael Stuhlbarg (Sy Feltz) discuss their characters, the brotherly fued, and their characters' relationship. Ewan, Michael, and David Thewlis have been fantastic so far, really loving all their scenes together.
Good to see another Sunny alum stop by =)
Britney Spears, Stronger. Sequel to ...Baby One More Time
Part I: We are introduced to Britney as a young girl who regrets breaking up with her boyfriend in '...Baby One More Time'; she is sad and lost and admits that her loneliness is killing her.
Part II: Britney comes out with her head held high in her sequel, Stronger, where she is not having any of her boyfriend's cheating ways. She decides that she is better off not only without him, but on her own in no-man's-land as an individual.
Christina Aguilera, Still Dirrty. Sequel to Dirrty
Part I: Xtina, 21 years old at the time of filming, stripped her bubblegum pop girl persona to release this filthy comeback; she got down and 'Dirrty' in the club and didn't take a second to shy away from it.
Part II: Christina came up with the jazz/pop fusion album 'Back To Basics', where she played with a classy old-Hollywood aesthetic. She recorded a glorious sequel track, 'Still Dirrty', to keep us in check and to remind us all that she is more than meets the eye. If you want some more sexy? She's "still got that freak" in her.
Eminem, Bad Guy. Sequel to Stan
Part I: A story about a fan named 'Stan'; Eminem's biggest fan writes a number of letters to his idol, getting frustrated with Em's lack of response as the track continues on. Stan's obsession leads him to a murder-suicide shortly before Eminem finds the time to respond, where he drives drunk over a bridge with his pregnant girlfriend in the trunk.
Part II: Stan's younger brother, Matthew Mitchell, developed an obsession with Eminem of his own. In contrast to his older brother, Matthew actually wants revenge against Eminem for what happened to Stan. Matthew has Eminem in the trunk of his vehicle, looking for a place to bury him alive, and savoring in the idea of Eminem being killed by M and M.
The Pretty Reckless, Going to Hell. Sequel to Goin' Down
Part I:'Goin' Down' tells us a story about a girl who kills and circumcises her cheating boyfriend - a confession she spills to Father. However, she begins to regret the murder after she realized he was the best lay she'd ever had. That, and, well... the cops are after her. She begs to be saved by God.
Part II: Busted! She's out of jail and revisits Father to basically give in to the acceptance that she is totally 'Going to Hell'.
The Jonas Brothers, Much Better. Sequel to Taylor Swift's Forever & Always
Part I: Enter a broken-hearted Taylor Swift. Her and Joe Jonas dated 10 years ago; Taylor saw him slipping away from her, despite claiming their love will be 'Forever and Always', but he ended the relationship through a phone call that didn't even last half a minute. Based on a true story.
Part II: Don't you hate it when the sequel changes the director? Here we get the perspective of Joe Jonas after their breakup. He makes it very clear that he is done with "country stars" (original lyric is 'superstars', which he changed in concert), since he found a girl who is 'Much Better'. Oh, and he isn't bitter!
Sources: one, two, three, four, five
My first post in soooo long :3 hi, ontd!
Sorry Jimmy Kimmel: your sad story doesn't obligate me or anybody else to pay for somebody else's health care.— Joe Walsh (@WalshFreedom) May 2, 2017
Its fair to have opposing views on healthcare, but our humanity should guide us when, where and how to engage. This is beyond misplaced, Joe https://t.co/CXbtUqq6TW— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) May 3, 2017
ICYMI Jimmy Kimmel's newborn son was born with a heart defect and Kimmel took to his show to explain why he had taken time off work and thank the health care professionals who had saved his son.
- Liam Neeson is currently in New Westminister, British Columbia (just outside Vancouver) filming Hard Powder
- A local sandwich shop decided to write "Liam Neeson eats here for Free" and "Come in and get TAKEN away by our sandwiches," on their street sign. They shared the photos on social media with the caption "When you hear #LiamNeeson is filming in #downtownnewwest."
- And it worked! Neeson showed up a few hours later and posed for a photo! It's unclear if he actually got a sandwich.
- Today the shop posted a sandwich on instagram of their daily special called the Neeson. Describing it as "Lot's of beef, a one-two-punch of bacon and hickory sticks, and spice that'll get revenge on you tomorrow! #AlwaysHearty#SandwichLife."
Source + 1
sorry for screwing up the embedding before mods!
i've actually eaten here and they make pretty good sandwiches! this was so cute i had to share!
- Justin Simien, writer and director of the original 2014 film of the same name,is back with this this necessary look at race and white privilege in America.
- Justin says"I made this project because the thing is, it's really tricky to figure out who you are in a society where your identity has already been decided for you."
- Also, that the show is about tackling ideas of identity and self through black lens that tells a universal story that everybody can relared to.
Right now, Dear White People has a 100% in Rotten Tomatoes.
Are you watching, ONTD? Episode 5 made me cry.
Grateful for every second of every day. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/czGHWhO3iC— Christina Aguilera (@xtina) May 3, 2017
After staying silent for so long, Christina released a clip that shows behind the scenes snippets of some of the projects she's working on, including the album. Collaborators like Sia and Tayla Part make appearances, and she even showed us some adorable moments with her family <3
Update 10:08 AM BST:
Welp, that's all it was. No Elizabeth abdicating, no Harry and Megan eloping, and no Charles, William, and George removing themselves from royal succession to make room for Good Queen Charlotte. They summoned the royal staff from all over the country in the dead of night to announce a 95 year old man is retiring from being a racist embarrassment in public, to only being a racist embarrassment in private.
Update 8:02 AM BST:
There'll be a staff meeting at Buckingham Palace this morning. It's not to do with the health of either the Queen or Prince Philip.— Peter Hunt (@BBCPeterHunt) May 4, 2017
Looks like a big old nothing. Maybe one of the corgis got into the Queen's rose bushes again. Maybe Charles got into the Queen's rose bushes again.
Royal staff called to Buckingham Palace for ‘emergency meeting' https://t.co/a6yLwUKnpA— Daily Mail U.K. (@DailyMailUK) May 4, 2017
Speculation is that The Queen or Prince Phillip has died. Crossing my fingers it's Phillip. Apparently royal deaths aren't announced until after 8 am London time. BBC will likely be the first and only source.
Ready? May 5. pic.twitter.com/1GUmyjBJ1G— Netflix ANZ (@NetflixANZ) May 4, 2017
ONTD, Are you ready for the New Season of Sense8?
saoirse deserves a better career than this lol
Stuart Townsend plays some type of mentalist who uses hypnotism to incapacitate a woman and rape her.
ONTD PSA: last night had no Barba. Watch (or don't watch) accordingly. imo the episode was kinda wild and unintentionally hilarious (did Mariska Hargitay forget how to act? or is it the writing?), but not actually good. and lmfao @ that ending.
Let us be clear: They are stripping away healthcare for over 24 million so that the super wealthy get a tax cut. That's what this is about.— George Takei (@GeorgeTakei) May 4, 2017
The House will vote today on Trump's American Health Care Act after determining they have enough "yes" votes from Republicans. Health care policy experts and groups such as AARP have railed against the bill, which would do little to protect those with pre-existing conditions and would create a multi-trillion dollar tax break for the wealthy.
Any of my followers- if you video yourself speaking to your reps - about why you need your health insurance I will post it for you.— Debra Messing (@DebraMessing) May 4, 2017
Read & RT this. Jesus Christ. I have my own story about being denied insurance pre-ACA. Perhaps you do too. https://t.co/m9MbPOs4w8— rob delaney (@robdelaney) May 4, 2017
#Trumpcare was a monstrosity to start with. Efforts to gain votes by attacking protections for pre-existing conditions made it even worse.— Nancy Pelosi (@NancyPelosi) May 3, 2017
There are no hearings, studies, CBO score or even a final public draft of the bill available before they force a vote on healthcare.— deray mckesson (@deray) May 4, 2017
please, please if you haven't already CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVES