Articles on this Page
- 05/04/17--10:54: _Cursed Child headed...
- 05/04/17--10:54: _Sufjan Stevens - Ca...
- 05/04/17--10:55: _Teen Mom Kailyn con...
- 05/04/17--10:56: _Trailer for Gook st...
- 05/04/17--11:43: _New Twin Peaks prom...
- 05/04/17--12:34: _Celebs React to Tru...
- 05/04/17--12:40: _Breaking Bad’s Lave...
- 05/04/17--12:41: _Go big or valar mor...
- 05/04/17--13:21: _Céline Dion x MET G...
- 05/04/17--13:22: _Halsey shares new s...
- 05/04/17--13:43: _Starz Power Season ...
- 05/04/17--13:57: _Former BET Executiv...
- 05/04/17--14:15: _Hailee Steinfeld co...
- 05/04/17--14:50: _Chris Pratt Apologi...
- 05/04/17--14:50: _#Kimye Fought Hard ...
- 05/03/17--19:55: _Fashion Icon Rita O...
- 05/03/17--20:36: _Miley Cyrus on the ...
- 05/03/17--20:36: _FX - FARGO 3x04 "Th...
- 05/03/17--20:38: _ONTD Original: 5 Mo...
- 05/03/17--21:02: _Chris Evans critici...
- 05/04/17--10:54: Cursed Child headed for Broadway
- 05/04/17--10:54: Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell Live
- 05/04/17--10:55: Teen Mom Kailyn confirms Baby No3 Paternity
- 05/04/17--10:56: Trailer for Gook starring Justin Chon
- 05/04/17--11:43: New Twin Peaks promo featuring some familiar faces
- 05/04/17--12:34: Celebs React to Trumpcare Passing in the House
- 05/04/17--13:21: Céline Dion x MET Gala Part 2
- 05/04/17--13:22: Halsey shares new song Eyes Closed
- 05/04/17--13:43: Starz Power Season 4 Teaser
- 05/04/17--14:50: Chris Pratt Apologizes For Insensitive Instagram Video
- 05/04/17--14:50: #Kimye Fought Hard for Their Marriage
- 05/03/17--19:55: Fashion Icon Rita Ora's 2017 Met Gala Hair Took 3 Days to Create
- 05/03/17--20:36: Miley Cyrus on the cover of Billboard Magazine
- 05/03/17--20:36: FX - FARGO 3x04 "The Narrow Escape Problem"
- 05/03/17--20:38: ONTD Original: 5 Modern Sequel Songs
- 05/03/17--21:02: Chris Evans criticizes Joe Walsh for attacking Jimmy Kimmel
* April 22, 2018 is their slated opening.
* Their new home on Broadway will be at the newly retrofitted Lyric Theatre.
* Spring 2018 will be a doozy as Disney will be opening it's stage musical adaptation of Frozen, the revival of Rogers and Hammerstein's Carousel and My Fair Lady.
Favorite Sufjan song, ONTD?
Teen Mom 2 star Kailyn Lowry confirms her baby daddy of her 3rd child on twitter as Chris Lopez:
Lopez reacted to the news via Twitter:
Lopez is a student at Delaware University, and the two dated briefly before she divorced from husband Javi. Lowry has previously stated on the show that she will be raising her new baby alone.
How many baby daddies do you have ontd?
- Film is about Eli and Daniel, two Korean American brothers, own a struggling shoe store and have an unlikely friendship with Kamilla, a street wise 11 year old African American girl. Kamilla ditches school, Eli stresses about the store, and Daniel tries to have a good time. It's just another typical day at the store until the Rodney King verdict is read and riots break. With the chaos moving towards them, the trio is forced to defend the store while contemplating the future of their own personal dreams and the true meaning of family.
- Justin Chon (Twilight, 21&Over) also wrote and directed the film. Youtube person David So and newcomer Simone Baker also stars.
- Was at Sundance and won the Next Audience Award at Sundance.
- Also picked up by Samuel Goldwyn. Comes to theaters (limited) in August.
which character are you most looking forward to seeing again, ONTD?
Because rich people need tax breaks. Sick. Republican Obamacare replacement bill passes House - CNBC https://t.co/9LEGHYjycR— Mark Ruffalo (@MarkRuffalo) May 4, 2017
Today the AHCA was passed in the House, however they'll need 60 votes in the Senate which is unlikely.
It sucks. It truly does. But they'll be out next year. There's that.— Kumail Nanjiani (@kumailn) May 4, 2017
In 2018, when it comes time to vote, remember this day and how the American people have been ignored by the @GOP.— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) May 4, 2017
Focus that rage where it can be most productive. Make these motherfuckers pay for what they just did. https://t.co/dD1OQpGiHS— Wil Wheaton (@wilw) May 4, 2017
Liars, smoke and mirrors, bullshit! A Health care bill the Budget office did not get a chance to run the numbers on! Fanatics, extremists!!— Bette Midler (@BetteMidler) May 4, 2017
The resistance will not stop. https://t.co/X4dXfxya5Y— America Ferrera (@AmericaFerrera) May 4, 2017
This is our new reality. I am sick to my stomach. https://t.co/wcu0tourhd— Gavin Newsom (@GavinNewsom) May 4, 2017
(CA Lt. Gov)
Ryan, McConnell, most of these Republicans, are now embracing Trump bc they really are more like him than we previously knew.— ABFoundation (@ABFalecbaldwin) May 4, 2017
"Today we took a poopy and put a gold star on it. we did a win! peeple will die but we keppt promise pleeze vote 4 us." pic.twitter.com/zgX519BmaY— josh groban (@joshgroban) May 4, 2017
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Actor and comedian Lavell Crawford — best known for his role in the cult series Breaking Bad — spoke about homosexuality in an interview with VladTV (👀). Crawford called being gay "fucking weird,""redundant," said he was afraid of the “gay mafia,” believes gay men just need to find the right woman, and advised lesbians to try sex with a man.
Here are some select quotes from the interview:
"I don’t hate you because you gay… I think that’s a choice, I believe that’s a choice."
"Every guy who’s gay, that’s a woman out there for him, he just must need to date a stronger woman, or a bodybuilder or somebody more butch."
"I always see women with a chick, they got on the same outfit I got on. What the fuck is that about?"
"Why you dating somebody who looks like me? You could be dating who’s got all the equipment!"
"We gotta teach their kids how to be men and women before we try gay and lesbian and shit, because that shit is just redundant."
"At 25 I think you can be gay. If you decide you want to be gay at 25, that’s fine. But try pussy for the first years – try pussy out."
"Young ladies, try a dick out. You’re gonna find a good dick out there, try one!"
"If TV gon’ make my kid gay, I’m not gon’ accept that. If you wanna be gay, see the world first."
"I don’t think cartoons is a fucking venue for homosexuality. I just don’t think it. I don’t think I should have to see a gay character, they’re trying to put in your kid’s mind, oh I’m born gay! The jury’s still fucking out on that."
"When you put it in there, kids are impressionable, they be thinking, I want to be like this."
"No matter how much they’re getting accepted, it’s still fucking weird"
"I don’t have nothing against gay people, because strange enough my father’s gay."
"He married a white man… and I’m asking questions, what should I call him, step-dad or step-mom? I said, which one is the man? I wanted to know!"
Watch the full interview below (pls don't):
Soon afterwards, Crawford issued an apology on his Twitter:
Look I apologize but I have right to my feelings and opinions free thought is still here but I'm sorry and ... https://t.co/QG0SycDzHP— Lavell Crawford (@Lavellthacomic) April 19, 2017
To the Gay Community I want to apologize for my choice of words if it offended anyone.I apologize not that I'm afraid but because I am man and a man of God and it's not my job to hurt or condemn but to entertain and inform my way. but if you watch the video (vladtv) without judgment and not so quick to be offended you will see I respect everybody and it's none of my business what you do in your private lives so I apologize not to save face or out fear but it's right thing to do
To show everybody how truly sorry he was, he also went on a retweeting spree, retweeting messages from his supporters. Here are some of these tweets:
@Lavellthacomic You should NOT have apologized. Men shouldn't be rubbing their peepees against other mens peepees. That's some sick shit.— Mark Krzyzanowski (@MAKfromBristol) April 21, 2017
@Lavellthacomic Good for you. They can say whatever they want and if we get upset they say,get over it, youre being intolerant. Well, back ya, hypocrites.— 🕇Yeshua Saves Us🕆 (@Truth_Today777) April 21, 2017
@Lavellthacomic Screw them! Never apologise for a JOKE! Comedians are meant to challenge ideas and push boundaries. The velvet mafia are anti speech.— Brett Sheargold (@IWantComedy) April 21, 2017
ONTD, 1. do you believe in gay mafia? 2. did cartoons turn you gay? 3. are you easily offended?
-Paired with 4 writers (Jane Goldman, Brian Helgeland, Carly Wray and Max Borenstein) to develop different series set inside the GoT world
-Each would explore a different time period
-No timetable has been set, HBO is willing to take as long as needed or just wait until one of the fishes bite
-D&D and GRR would remain as Exec producers
Shows her getting ready in her dressing room
She sings Freeze You Out by Sia and makes mummy puns using Bohemian Rhapsody
Donatella made her a comforter out of the same fabric as her robe
Dancing with Halle Berry!
Follow up to the other Céline x MET Gala post
SOURCES : Vogue YouTube / Céline Fan Twitter 1 / Céline Fan Twitter 2
“Eyes Closed” appears on Halsey’s forthcoming album hopeless fountain kingdom.
Are you looking forward to the new season ONTD?
Former BET Executive Cites ‘Reckless and Inhumane’ Treatment in Wrongful Termination Lawsuit https://t.co/cMzGAKEw4m— Variety (@Variety) May 4, 2017
Zola Mashariki, the former exec VP and head of original programming :
* was fired while on medical leave for breast cancer.
* has filed a wrongful termination lawsuit against the Viacom cabler.
* was subjected to harassment and discriminatory treatment at the hands of her supervisor.
* accused BET of “egregiously reckless and inhumane” treatment in her dismissal.
* cites gender discrimination in alleging that she earned a lower salary than similarly situated male executives.
* accused BET executives of “questioning the validity of her illness.”
* Viacom denies Mashariki’s allegations and has vowed to contest the suit.
Pretty standard fare but a great sentiment behind the song. I am
still rooting for this girl!
ONTD, are you still in love with EDM pop?
prattprattpratt Instagram does this thing where it mutes all the videos it shows and forces you to turn on the volume in order to hear them. (maybe because most people are watching those videos at work when they should be working and don't want to get caught. I know that's when I do it. 😬) So when I made a video recently with subtitles, and requested that people turn up the volume and not just "read the subtitles" it was so people wouldn't scroll past the video on mute, thus watching and digesting the information in the video. HOWEVER, I realize now doing so was incredibly insensitive to the many folks out there who depend on subtitles. More than 38 million Americans live with some sort of hearing disability. So I want to apologize. I have people in my life who are hearing-impaired, and the last thing in the world I would want to do is offend them or anybody who suffers from hearing loss or any other disability. So truly from the bottom of my heart I apologize. Thanks for pointing this out to me. In the future I'll try to be a little less ignorant about it.
Now... I know some of you are going to say, "Hey! Chris only apologized because his publicist made him!" Well. That is not the case. As always I control my social media. Nobody else. And I am doing this because I'm actually really sorry. Apologies are powerful. I don't dole them out Willy-Nilly. This is one of those moments where I screwed up and here's me begging your pardon. I hope you accept my apology.
And on that note. Why doesn't Instagram have some kind of technology to automatically add subtitles to its videos? Or at least the option. I did a little exploring and it seems lacking in that area. Shouldn't there be an option for closed captioning or something? I've made them lord knows how much money with my videos and pictures. Essentially sharing myself for free. I know they profit. So... GET ON IT INSTAGRAM!!! Put closed captioning on your app. #CCinstaNow
Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Fought Hard for Their Marriage, Source Says, and Are ‘Still Clawing Their Way Back’ https://t.co/WtiaV6A8br— People Magazine (@people) May 4, 2017
Power couple Kim & Kanye West have gone through a tumultuous year of struggle and set backs. Kim Kardashian was a victim of a vicious robbery in which she thought she was going to get raped, killed and have her sister Kourtney Kardashian find her lifeless body. Kanye West suffered a public melt down and was hospitalized. Kim also come to find out she couldn't have children anymore despite having surgery on her uterus. “Things were just awful between the two of them, but also with both of them separately,” the source close to West, 39, says. “It was like for the first time, they just weren’t happy. I don’t think they were happy separately, and I know they weren’t happy together.”
Ultimately they are working on their marriage, “They never fell out of love with each other, but it was just one of those times where marriage is hard work, and you have to push through the pain.”
It is unknown if this will be shown on Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
- Rita Ora's hair was the conversation-starter on the 2017 Met Gala off-white carpet.
- Celebrity hairstylist and MIZANIGlobal Artistic Director César DeLeön Ramirez is responsible for the iconic look
- "The Met Gala is literally one of my favorite carpets, I look forward to it every year. This year, I was with Rita Ora and I'm so excited because she is a dream client. She's that girl that takes risks and kills a carpet."
- "I wanted to create a head piece out of hair that mimicked a snug cap. We wanted it to be platinum blonde, so I knew I had to use hair wefts."
How much time do you spend styling your hair?
On her new album being singer-song writer-y: Yeah. But not granola. I don’t listen to Ed Sheeran and John Mayer and stuff.
On why she doesn't like Hip Hop music anymore: I can’t listen to that anymore. That’s what pushed me out of the hip-hop scene a little. It was too much “Lamborghini, got my Rolex, got a girl on my cock” -- I am so not that.
On why she stuck her tongue out all the time: I was so embarrassed to be on the red carpet and so many of those fucking disgusting photographers would tell me to blow a kiss, and that’s not me! I don’t want to blow you a kiss. I didn’t know what to do with my face, so I stuck my tongue out, and it became a rebellious, punk-rock thing.
On Blake Shelton, the Voice, and country music fans: I’m down for hanging with Blake. I actually want to take advantage of the fact that he’s there, his fans don’t really take me seriously as a country artist. One, I haven’t given them that music. But I’ve got a tattoo of Johnny Cash’s autograph that he gave me when I was a little girl that says, “I’m in your corner.” Dolly Parton is my fucking godmother. The fact that country music fans are scared of me, that hurts me. All the nipple pastie shit, that’s what I did because I felt it was part of my political movement, and that got me to where I am now. I’m evolving, and I surround myself with smart people that are evolved.
The issue hits stands May 13th. Are you ready for new Miley music?
Emmit and Sy try to figure out what they have gotten themselves into; Nikki and Ray track down some collateral; Gloria learns more about Maurice.
Ewan McGregor (Ray & Emmit Stussy) and Michael Stuhlbarg (Sy Feltz) discuss their characters, the brotherly fued, and their characters' relationship. Ewan, Michael, and David Thewlis have been fantastic so far, really loving all their scenes together.
Good to see another Sunny alum stop by =)
Britney Spears, Stronger. Sequel to ...Baby One More Time
Part I: We are introduced to Britney as a young girl who regrets breaking up with her boyfriend in '...Baby One More Time'; she is sad and lost and admits that her loneliness is killing her.
Part II: Britney comes out with her head held high in her sequel, Stronger, where she is not having any of her boyfriend's cheating ways. She decides that she is better off not only without him, but on her own in no-man's-land as an individual.
Christina Aguilera, Still Dirrty. Sequel to Dirrty
Part I: Xtina, 21 years old at the time of filming, stripped her bubblegum pop girl persona to release this filthy comeback; she got down and 'Dirrty' in the club and didn't take a second to shy away from it.
Part II: Christina came up with the jazz/pop fusion album 'Back To Basics', where she played with a classy old-Hollywood aesthetic. She recorded a glorious sequel track, 'Still Dirrty', to keep us in check and to remind us all that she is more than meets the eye. If you want some more sexy? She's "still got that freak" in her.
Eminem, Bad Guy. Sequel to Stan
Part I: A story about a fan named 'Stan'; Eminem's biggest fan writes a number of letters to his idol, getting frustrated with Em's lack of response as the track continues on. Stan's obsession leads him to a murder-suicide shortly before Eminem finds the time to respond, where he drives drunk over a bridge with his pregnant girlfriend in the trunk.
Part II: Stan's younger brother, Matthew Mitchell, developed an obsession with Eminem of his own. In contrast to his older brother, Matthew actually wants revenge against Eminem for what happened to Stan. Matthew has Eminem in the trunk of his vehicle, looking for a place to bury him alive, and savoring in the idea of Eminem being killed by M and M.
The Pretty Reckless, Going to Hell. Sequel to Goin' Down
Part I:'Goin' Down' tells us a story about a girl who kills and circumcises her cheating boyfriend - a confession she spills to Father. However, she begins to regret the murder after she realized he was the best lay she'd ever had. That, and, well... the cops are after her. She begs to be saved by God.
Part II: Busted! She's out of jail and revisits Father to basically give in to the acceptance that she is totally 'Going to Hell'.
The Jonas Brothers, Much Better. Sequel to Taylor Swift's Forever & Always
Part I: Enter a broken-hearted Taylor Swift. Her and Joe Jonas dated 10 years ago; Taylor saw him slipping away from her, despite claiming their love will be 'Forever and Always', but he ended the relationship through a phone call that didn't even last half a minute. Based on a true story.
Part II: Don't you hate it when the sequel changes the director? Here we get the perspective of Joe Jonas after their breakup. He makes it very clear that he is done with "country stars" (original lyric is 'superstars', which he changed in concert), since he found a girl who is 'Much Better'. Oh, and he isn't bitter!
Sources: one, two, three, four, five
My first post in soooo long :3 hi, ontd!
Sorry Jimmy Kimmel: your sad story doesn't obligate me or anybody else to pay for somebody else's health care.— Joe Walsh (@WalshFreedom) May 2, 2017
Its fair to have opposing views on healthcare, but our humanity should guide us when, where and how to engage. This is beyond misplaced, Joe https://t.co/CXbtUqq6TW— Chris Evans (@ChrisEvans) May 3, 2017
ICYMI Jimmy Kimmel's newborn son was born with a heart defect and Kimmel took to his show to explain why he had taken time off work and thank the health care professionals who had saved his son.