Articles on this Page
- 04/15/17--11:43: _Agents of Shield ch...
- 04/15/17--12:50: _Little People Big W...
- 04/15/17--14:41: _Mary-Kate and Ashle...
- 04/15/17--14:46: _New Sailor Moon Lip...
- 04/15/17--15:31: _Celebs Join/Tweet A...
- 04/15/17--15:41: _Kylie Jenner Raveal...
- 04/15/17--21:15: _The Killers Tease N...
- 04/15/17--22:44: _Harry Styles Perfor...
- 04/15/17--23:41: _ADULT SWIM - SAMURA...
- 04/16/17--01:07: _Lady Gaga performs ...
- 04/16/17--05:28: _Selena Gomez and Th...
- 04/16/17--07:15: _Killjoys Season 3 P...
- 04/16/17--07:21: _Harry Styles in SNL...
- 04/16/17--07:21: _Casting “Crazy Rich...
- 04/16/17--08:13: _The Expanse 2X13 pi...
- 04/16/17--08:38: _Weekend Box Office:...
- 04/16/17--09:58: _Celebrities attendi...
- 04/16/17--10:12: _Tomb Raider casts K...
- 04/16/17--10:16: _Watchmen Is Getting...
- 04/16/17--12:19: _The Voice UK Winner...
- 04/15/17--11:43: Agents of Shield chances of s5 renewal looking good
- 04/15/17--14:46: New Sailor Moon Lipsticks Change Colors Based on pH
- 04/15/17--15:41: Kylie Jenner Raveals New Hair Colours
- 04/15/17--23:41: ADULT SWIM - SAMURAI JACK 5x06 "XCVII"
- 04/16/17--01:07: Lady Gaga performs new song "The Cure" at Coachella
- 04/16/17--07:15: Killjoys Season 3 Promo
- 04/16/17--07:21: Harry Styles in SNL skits
- During early casting calls, producers stated the cast will be 'all-asian'
- The casting of the lead male role went to Henry Golding, who is Eurasian
- Many are objecting to the casting as this role could change the way American views an Asian leading man
- Social Media, even Hong Kong based 'South China Morning Post' question the decision of casting an half-asian man. They question whether this is as far as Hollywood is willing to go in casting an Asian man even if the role was made for them, that they are only willing to go 'half' way.
- Arguments from both sides have explored Eurasians' struggle for acceptance, one topic brought up was 'Is Eurasian Asian enough?'
- People looked to Henry's British upbringing along with his British father, using this to argue that he is white, others argue that he is asian enough. They say that a half-asian man being casted should be seen as a good thing
- Many look back at Hollywood's tradition of casting Eurasians as leads as a way to be 'diverse' while maintaining their 'whiteness'
- Kwan, the author of the novel series says "For a movie that was supposed to break barriers, I really feel that they came up short in this casting decision. I’m sure Mr. Golding is talented and is going to do a great job. However, the message is clear; you simply CANNOT be a full-blooded Asian male in a romantic lead in Hollywood. From Daniel Henney to Russell Wong and even Keanu Reaves; only Eurasians will survive Hollywood casting scrutiny.”
- Many of Kwan's fans were disappointed with the casting choice, they did not attack Henry but went after Hollywood's view of Asian men
- 04/16/17--08:13: The Expanse 2X13 pics and sneak peek, plus roundup
- 04/16/17--08:38: Weekend Box Office: Fate of the Furious opens big
- 04/16/17--09:58: Celebrities attending the first two days of Coachella
- 04/16/17--10:12: Tomb Raider casts Killjoys star Hannah John-Kamen
- 04/16/17--10:16: Watchmen Is Getting an R-Rated Animated Adaptation
- 04/16/17--12:19: The Voice UK Winner Mo Adeniran releases new EP & Video
-Despite low ratings, ABC pres hopes to air it alongside the upcoming Inhumans show.
In his newest post for Beating 50 Percent (a website dispensing terrible marriage advice to conservative evangelical couples who don't love themselves), the twerp Jeremy Roloff once again acts the fool and accuses people of "absurdly defaming and criticizing" Mike Pence due to Pence's rule to never be alone with a woman who isn't his wife.
"When God first created humanity what did he do? He gave us boundaries. “And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”– Gen 2:16-17 (NKJV)
Now, concerning this one specific boundary that the Pence’s [sic] are being attacked for, am I saying that it is an absolute black and white matter at all times no matter what!? No. Am I saying that I believe it is a pretty darn good idea? Yes. It might seem extreme to some, and thats [sic] okay, but for people to shame someone who respects his marriage “too much,” is indeed shameful in itself.(OP note: this tyler oakley realness)
There are some seemingly impossible circumstances and work requirements out there that might “require” you going to lunch and dinner dates one on one with someone of the opposite sex, but they are just that, seemingly required. Bringing someone else along is not that difficult. Go out of your way to air [sic] on the side of holiness, and abide by your set boundaries."
read the rest of this asshole's bullshit at the source
The Olsen twins (Mary-Kate in the black The Row ensemble, Ashley in the white) attended Youth America Grand Prix’s 2017 Gala at David H. Koch Theater, Lincoln Center in New York City.
Some excitement from Thursday's "Stars of Today Meet the Stars of Tomorrow" Gala! https://t.co/Z0kY9nl6iv— YAGP (@yagp) April 15, 2017
Rachel Feinstein wore a dress by The Row, “I went in to pick out a dress for tonight and I walked out of the store with bags of things!”
Amy Astley, honorary chair of the evening, also wore The Row, sporting the brand's black suede flats, “The better to dance in!”
Sources: 1, 2, 3
this is the freshest Ashley's looked in a while!
The Japanese cosmetic company Creer Beaute unveiled news about its upcoming release in their line of Sailor Moon products: lipsticks designed to look like Sailor Moon's Disguise Pen (seems to be a re-release) and the (Inner only) Sailor Soldiers' Transformation Pens. Apparently they change colors based on your skin's pH (Source). Their Japanese price is ¥3024 ($28 USD), and they'll be available in July (in Japan). The shades are as follows: baby pink (Moon), light-pink nude (Mercury), cherry red (Mars), peachy nude (Jupiter), and sheer coral (Venus).
Images Hosted at Ultraimg
Debra Messing and Alicia Silverman joined the Tax March in NYC today, other celebs tweet about it, and Nazis make trouble at the Berkeley march.
Let's see what the #MSM reports on. The violent alt-right horror at Berkeley or the 1000s of peaceful purposeful Tax protesters organizing.— Debra Messing (@DebraMessing) April 15, 2017
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Brandon Flowers took to the The Killers official twitter to preview a 25 second clip of what is more than likely the instrumental to a new track for the forthcoming fifth album. With the caption "This thing's taking forever..." Brandon is seen feeling himself and the music. The clip was shot at producer Jacknife Lee’s home studio in California.
This thing's taking forever... pic.twitter.com/NuDTROjohC— The Killers (@thekillers) April 13, 2017
But if that's not enough to tide you over until the first single drops - Steve Angello was kind enough to debut a new BFlow/The Killers track titled "Feels Like Heaven" at Coachella this weekend. This track was recorded well over a year ago and was first mentioned by Steve Angello during an interview with Zane Lowe in January of 2016. This isn't the first time Brandon has collaborated in the EDM scene - Brandon co-wrote and sung on Avicii's "The Days" originally, but ultimately passed on the song that eventually went to Robbie Williams. Check out the new track below:
Sources: 1 | 2
Ashi's search for Samurai Jack helps her to see his effect on the world after encountering numerous people and places where he has changed things for the better.
Ah man, what an episode...
#SNAPGAGA (@scladygaga) April 16, 2017
Selena and Abel were seen to be all over eachother at Coachella, with Selena even making a rare post of the two together yesterday (April 15).
Her post was possibly prompted from the fact that fans and attention-seekers were stalking the couple all weekend.
April 14: Selena and Abel at Coachella in Indio, CA #selenagomez#theweeknd#abelena#abeltesfaye#coachella#sal (Abel has on Selena's glasses)
April 14: Video of Selena Gomez and Abel Tesfaye (The Weeknd) watching Travis Scott perform at Coachella in Indio, California. #selenagomez#theweeknd#abelena#abeltesfaye#nav#coachella#coachella2017
April 15: Selena Gomez seen at Coachella with Abel Tesfaye (The Weeknd) in Indio, California. #selenagomez#theweeknd#abelena#abeltesfaye#coachella#coachella2017 (credit: b.dope23)
April 15: Video of Selena Gomez seen at Coachella with Abel Tesfaye (The Weeknd) in Indio, California. (Selena was seen ordering Pad Thai Noodles and kissing Abel. They also ordered curly fries.) #selenagomez#theweeknd#abelena#abeltesfaye#coachella#coachella2017
Sources: 1, 2 (more here, if you can believe it)
Are you ready for the return of everyone's fave Designated Asshole Fancy Lee on June 30th, ONTD RAC Agents?
ONTD, do you think an Eurasian man playing the role of an Asian man is ok? (legit not bait tbh)
Synopsis from link at tweet: 'The Roci crew must fight to save the ship.'
Inside the Expanse 2X12:
Episode 12 was one of the most emotional for Naomi and was tough for Dom to shoot. There's a casualty of her wanting to do good and that's Amos. Her stabbing him with the anesthetic- he receives the brunt of her frustration. It was awful being held by her neck up a wall, but she felt like she was doing some great, heavy hitting stuff, she hopes it lands with viewers and solidifies Naomi's journey.
Alex really understands what Holden is going through and sees the cracks, the guilt, how Holden is trying to make good and redeem himself and it concerns Alex, you see the clash of personalities. In the beginning Alex was obsessed, trying to redeem himself for what he felt he didn't do and Holden was trying to help him along, then they switch roles as S2 progresses and it gets pretty heated. Cas really likes the dynamic they have. \
After filming his cameo on Syfy's The Expanse, Adam spends a few minutes chatting with actor Wes Chatham (Amos). No actual spoilers, since it was clearly filmed before the season aired. Wes is a fan of the genre and working on The Expanse is like a kid in a candy store every day, he was also a fan of the books before auditioning for the show and Amos was his favorite character. They geek out about the props and space suits
For those interested in the backstory comics for the Roci crew, the first one was about Holden's backstory, this second comic will have Naomi and Amos' first meeting.
George RR Martin (who has a personal connection to Ty and Daniel) is a fan of the show, from his personal LJ:
'Last night's episode of THE EXPANSE was really strong, I thought... Jimmy Corey's books and the TV series based on them have both gotten a fair amount of acclaim -- awards attention and the like -- but not nearly enough, imnsho. The show had a good first season, but it's only gotten stronger in season two. If it keeps on at this level, it deserves to be ranked among the best SF shows of all time. Acting, directing, writing... and my god, the look of it. The space stuff, in particular. BABYLON 5, FIREFLY, and the various STAR TREK successor shows were all spiffy looking in their day, but THE EXPANSE is to those shows as they were to the original TREK, and as the original TREK was to ROCKY JONES: SPACE RANGER.'
Syfy Wire's Cher Martinetti and Adam Swiderski join producers/universe creators Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham and discuss 2X12 (featuring special guest star Terry Chen who plays Prax)
Highlights from the podcast:
* After Alex calls Holden out and says their family needs them, it had an effect on Holden and he works through his obsession with the proto-molecule, compared to the risk he was taking with the people he cares about, following that obsession. When the chips were down, he chose the people he cares about over his obsession. The pill Errinwright used against his Martian counterpart is designed to target the body chemistry of people who are on gravity drugs and gives them a heart attack, so it would work on Martians and not on Earthers. It wasn't in the drink, it was on the program for the opera. It doesn't feel like Errinwright is acting out of character, he just keeps changing what that means.
* Terry Chen doesn't typically play characters like Prax, who himself isn't a typical character- Prax is a fully fleshed out, three dimensional character. A lot of what he does as an actor comes from his personal life that he adds to the character. He has a lot of insight from the writers where Prax is coming from, he's a very conflicted father- he's a driven father trying to find Mei, but it wasn't a perfect father-daughter relationship either. Prax has a lot of guilty about Mei, leaving her in the clinic, having more comfort dealing with plants than with his own daughter. It's a part of his journey and arc- making himself feel like he's worthy of this journey and finding his daughter.
* The linguist that Terry worked with on the Belter Creole has 2 autistic children. Terry spoke with him about his kids and how as a parent of special needs children there's an internal conflict- you want to be able to take care of your child to the best of your ability, but there's a sense of helplessness not knowing how to treat them, navigate through agencies and specialists, it's such a foreign landscape. Terry doesn't have kids and he sees sometimes the helplessness- having kids in general, there' s no handbook, Prax was doing the best he could as a single parent. What he fell back on was his work, his guilt lies in the priorities in his life, which was his work as a Botanist over being a father. That guilt has been sitting with Prax for a long time, the Ganymede situation brought it to the surface.
* Terry read the first book halfway, but he stopped reading, because Prax is new to the Roci and the crew, so Terry wanted to discover things together with Prax, without preconceived notions about where Prax was going. Prax is a Belter, but he's a different kind- he's been on Ganymede most of his life, he doesn't have tattoos and he's a scientist, but when he needs to he can bring out the Belter and speak like one. Most of Terry's real life tattoos he thinks are Belter appropriate, but it doesn't suit the character, so they're covered up. There are a lot of differences (cultural, economic, life style) between Belters who live on ships or stations and others like Prax who live on Ganymede, which is the size of Mars, it's a giant moon.
* Terry can't imagine what Syrian refugees and the people in Aleppo are going through. This genre gives us a great opportunity to tell stories of refugees and people who don't have a place to call home, the sense of displacement and complete loss. It's incredible throughout the history of humanity how many people went through what Prax and the people on Ganymede have gone through, it's cyclical and incredibly devastating and sad. They do their best to tell these stories truthfully, but it's still television, it's still a safe space to explore it.
* Terry is more like Prax than the badass characters he tends to play. Prax has been one of his favorites to play, because he's so vulnerable, went through a hellish experience and suffered loss, but he's still driven and passionate to find his daughter. All these events are leading to a transformation for him, there's so much there for an actor to play with and absorb. Prax is a genuinely good person, a vulnerable, nurturing man who is still heroic in his own way, he's not dark like a lot of the other characters, even if he's in a dark place.
* Terry loves the developing dynamic between Prax and Amos, it's incredibly compelling for a lot of reasons, they're so different but they get each other in a very interesting way. They spitball a bit about a buddy cop Amos-Prax show and what that would be like (Cher thinks Amos can both be buddy cop-ed with anyone and shipped with anyone, OP agrees). The relationship with Holden is a bit stilted- Holden has his own thing going on, while Prax is just someone on his ship taking up space. As we move along, they'll start to warm up a little bit.
SOURCES: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7
GIFS: #1, #2, #3
Happy Easter ONTD Expanse fam. Are you all mentally and emotionally prepared for the finale?
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
What did you watch this weekend, ONTD?
Chel Chel 🌞 pic.twitter.com/XdlncHk4Zk— Rita Ora (@RitaOra) April 14, 2017
Odell Beckham Jr and Amber Rose
Quavo, Offset, 21 Savage at Coachella pic.twitter.com/SMJ6HmHX2z— Rap-Hub (@RapHubDaily) April 16, 2017
-She'll be joining previously announced Alicia Vikander who will play Lara.
-Character has not been confirmed but from the casting sides appears to be Lara's best friend Samantha Nishimura
A recent survey from Warner Bros revealed they are planning on making an R-rated animated adaptation of Watchmen. They described it as “A faithful adaptation of the Watchmen graphic novel executed in an animation style that mirrors the source material.” The film will be direct to video.
My debut EP 'Globetrotter' is out now!! Thank you all for all your support so far, it means so much!Hope you enjoy ✌🏿https://t.co/VHyX95CoOX— Mo Adeniran (@imjustcalledmo) April 13, 2017
Really excited to hear more from him, his voice is gorgeous <3
Source 1& Source 2