Articles on this Page
- 04/02/17--18:23: _Once Upon A Time - ...
- 04/02/17--22:51: _New 'Alien: Covenan...
- 04/03/17--06:00: _Kpop post: Oh My Gi...
- 04/03/17--07:18: _Jean-Marc Vallee Di...
- 04/03/17--08:10: _Last Week Tonight G...
- 04/03/17--08:31: _Girlboss | Official...
- 04/03/17--08:40: _Five years (!) afte...
- 04/03/17--09:16: _Simon Vs The Homo S...
- 04/03/17--09:30: _Black Sails: Finale...
- 04/03/17--09:41: _‘Chewing Gum”s Mich...
- 04/03/17--09:45: _Reporters in Wellin...
- 04/03/17--10:29: _Crashing 1x08 (Seas...
- 04/03/17--10:29: _FEUD: Bette and Joa...
- 04/03/17--10:29: _Martha Stewart Bake...
- 04/03/17--10:35: _ONTD Roundup
- 04/03/17--11:37: _Chris Evans -kinda-...
- 04/03/17--11:37: _Ingrid Goes West - ...
- 04/03/17--11:38: _Wrestling post: The...
- 04/03/17--11:51: _Variety reviews Net...
- 04/03/17--12:24: _Big Little Lies Fin...
- 04/02/17--18:23: Once Upon A Time - 6.16 - Mother's Little Helper - Promo
- 04/02/17--22:51: New 'Alien: Covenant' Previews
- 04/03/17--06:00: Kpop post: Oh My Girl,IU & More!
- 04/03/17--08:10: Last Week Tonight Goes Green
- 04/03/17--08:31: Girlboss | Official Trailer | Netflix
- 04/03/17--09:16: Simon Vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda started filming!
- 04/03/17--09:30: Black Sails: Finale Featurette + Show Post-Mortem
- Can you believe that 3/4 main couples to survive are an interracial couple featuring a disabled man, an interracial lesbian/bi (don't come for me, tumblr ppl) couple and a gay couple featuring the main character and his assumed-dead boyfriend? (Well, and Jack/Anne.)
- Can you believe 4/5 of the lgbt characters live in some measure of happiness and peace?
- Can you fucking believe they literally unburied their gays?
- Can you believe that by reuniting James with his lover after ten years of war, Black Sails has just become a gay retelling of the Odyssee? Look at him dodging Moby Dick and going for just the dick instead!
- 04/03/17--10:29: Crashing 1x08 (Season Finale) Promo
- 04/03/17--10:29: FEUD: Bette and Joan 1x06 Promo "Hagsploitation"
- 04/03/17--10:29: Martha Stewart Bakes From Her New Cookbook @ The Today Show
- 04/03/17--10:35: ONTD Roundup
- Pink Reveals Her Post Baby Weight, Doesn't Feel 'Obese'
- Weekend Box Office: Boss Baby unseats Beauty and the Beast
- 13 Reasons Why Season Premiere Red Carpet
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets His First Tattoo
- Camila Cabello responds to a fan on Tumblr: "Its not rape if u like it"
- Tina Fey slams "white, college-educated women" who voted for Donald Trump
- The Walking Dead Season 7 Finale Sneak Peek
- Nicole Kidman and Alexander Skarsgard talk about the violent scenes in Big Little Lies
- The Kardashians Successfully Block Blac Chyna From Using Kardashian Name
- 04/03/17--11:37: Ingrid Goes West - Red Band Trailer
- 04/03/17--11:38: Wrestling post: The Undertaker retires
- 04/03/17--11:51: Variety reviews Netflix's "13 Reasons Why"
- 04/03/17--12:24: Big Little Lies Finale Recap + Season 2 Talk
Alien: Covenant comes out May 19, 2017
River of Pain takes place between Alien (1979) and Aliens (1985) and tells the story of the colonists of Acheron (LV-426) and the beginnings of character, Newt. The Drama also stars Colin Salmon, William Hope, Alexander Siddig and Philip Glenister. River of Pain premieres April 26, 2017.
Source: Twitter12 | Audible
Oh My Girl's teaser for "Coloring Book"
IU's "Jam Jam" teaser (sounds like something from AOA tbh)
Red Velvet "Would U" (Zzzz...)
Dreamcatcher's teaser for "Good Night"
Who's comeback are you excited for?
Im looking out for EXID
'Big Little Lies' director breaks down last night's finale and explains why there shouldn't be a second season https://t.co/GZfD1gyOLu— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) April 3, 2017
- Jean-Marc Vallee was initially set to direct two episodes of the series but Reese and Nicole convinced him to direct all episodes.
- Says its all about storytelling and acting and doesn't like to interfere in the cutting room.
- Nicole did about 80% of the violent scenes with Alex.
- Didn't want to add music over the violent scenes and wanted to use the direct sound of the scene.
- Jean-Marc is not up for a season two because the ending is good enough.
- He also explained that they didn't add a line in about Bonnie being abused in the past bc whether or not she was abused, she was going to push him. There was no reason to justify it.
- Jean-Marc is working on Sharp Objects with Amy Adams next and will be directing all the episodes.
Summary: John Oliver goes over the incredible hypocrisy the US government has in treating marijuana as a criminal substance while trying to legalize it on the local level.
Do you smoke weed, ONTD?
Let's do this. Netflix Original Series 'Girlboss' streams globally on April 21.
Girlboss is inspired by the New York Times best-selling book #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso, founder of the fashion brand Nasty Gal. The series centers on Sophia (Britt Robertson), who began selling vintage clothes on eBay and, by the age of 28, had built the multi-million dollar fashion empire, Nasty Gal. Girlboss is created by and executive produced by Kay Cannon (Pitch Perfect 1& 2, 30 Rock), who also serves as showrunner. Charlize Theron (Monster, Young Adult) and Laverne McKinnon, of Denver & Delilah, Christian Ditter (How to Be Single) and Sophia Amoruso will also serve as executive producers. Ditter also directs all 13-half hour episodes. Girlboss stars Britt Robertson (Sophia), Ellie Reed (Annie), Alphonso McAuley (Dax), Johnny Simmons (Shane) and Dean Norris (Jay).
Back in 2012, photos surfaced of Kristen Stewart cheating on her then-boyfriend Robert Pattinson with director Rupert Sanders. The internet [and ONTD] immediately broke, along with Donald Trump's Twitter account.
Now, Sanders is opening up about the incident, saying it was a mistake.
"You never know what's coming in life," he said. "Around every corner there's something unexpected, and that's life. You just have to brush yourself off and continue moving forward the best you can. Everyone makes mistakes. I am bound to make more mistakes, and I wouldn't expect my life to be exciting if I didn't...If you took people off the table for a momentary lapse, there would be no one making art."
So, basically, what we have here is a standard "Can I live?!"
Do your "unexpected" mistakes make life exciting, ONTD?
can u believe nick looks this good filming simon vs the homo sapiens agenda wow i need this film now pic.twitter.com/OHu6gjfxvP— 💫 (@nickjrobinsons) 1 de abril de 2017
Starring Nick Robinson (Jurassic World) in the tittle role, filming started in Atlanta last Saturday. The movie is based on the book of the same name, and it revolves around a 17 years-old who comes out as gay in uncertain circumstances having consequences in everyone around him.
The book is soooo good! So who is playing Bramm?
So, did the rat get the entire fucking boulangerie?
In its extra-long series finale, Black Sails left all other tv shows in the fucking dust and cemented its status as iconic LGBT lore forever. Also, naval combat and epic fight scenes and more meta-narrative layers than James Flint has freckles, so par for the course on this show.
To recap why the end, if not perfect, is still pretty darn special and important:
In the words of resident Twitter troll, secret Tumblr-user and caring sweetheart Luke Arnold,
Crew, has your fave show not only invented straightbaiting, but also massively subverted other shitty lgbt tropes? Is there life after Black Sails?
Okay. Okay. Is somebody looking after Tumblr? Do you know it's address? Get over there with cuddles and chocolate #BlackSailsFinale— Luke Arnold (@LongLukeArnold) 3. April 2017
(idk why the vid disappeard, fixed it!)
Chewing Gum (season 2 will drop april 4 on Netflix)
“I mean, it’s quite mad actually. It’s quite mad how people seem to get the show the way I wanted them to get it. I get messages from people that break down the show to me, and I’m like, ‘You get the show as if you wrote it,’ and that’s amazing. It’s been really cool.”
“Those who get the show, get the show, and then I think [for] other people, it’s way too vulgar and disgusting. But really, I have never wanted it any other way. I’m not afraid to comment [on sex and religion]. I think you just have to do you, whatever that is, and not feel like you have to be a certain way for other people to like you. That’s bullsh*t.”
“There’s loads of different cultures. There’s loads of different people from different countries, but at the same time, it’s not a very happy area. Chewing Gum is kind of like the world I wish I grew up in. There wasn’t really a sense of community growing up. You [also] don’t see working-class black people being happy on TV.”
to young women of color
“If there’s anyone out there that looks a bit like me, or just feels a little bit out of place just trying to get into performing. You are beautiful, embrace it. You are intelligent, embrace it. You are powerful, embrace it.”
black self-love and acceptance
“[Tracey is] a black, dark-skinned woman, who is just being free and crazy, and she’s vulnerable, and she’s funny, and she’s cute, she’s endearing and she’s messed up. I don’t see it on TV enough, and that’s why I made the character. If I wasn’t black, I would have wrote that part for a black person and cast someone else. I want people to watch it and to feel liberated and do whatever they want.”
inclusion and acceptance in the entertainment industry
“Being a dark-skinned woman right now is interesting. It is really, really interesting. At awards shows, you win an award, right? And you get your gift bag, and it’s like M.A.C makeup or something, and it’s all for white people. You get tanning lotion, white people’s foundation, and it’s just a constant reminder that I can come to this party, but it’s not my party. I’ve been allowed in. This is not my home, and I don’t really have a real space here.”
being unapologetically true to herself
“[Marginalization] is what breeds creativity, it’s what inspires us. I can’t be mad about it because I’m black, I’m dark and I’m f**king beautiful. My skin is gorgeous, I love myself, people with good eyesight love me too, and the rest of the world can f**k themselves. I’m gonna have a little dark-skinned party over here. I’ll have a good time!”
- Reporters waiting to interview ScarJo at Stone Street Studios in Wellington before the release of the Ghost In The Shell movie were "asked – well, warned – to ignore the aspect of the film that has everybody talking: while Scarlett Johansson is more than capable of portraying a cyborg action heroine, she is decidedly not Japanese."
- In the original source material of the movie, ScarJo's character's name is Motoko Kusanagi and works for the law-enforcement division of the Japanese National Public Safety Commission.
- Author of article thinks that it is not unreasonable to ask Johansson for her thoughts on the matter since representation and race are hot topics in Hollywood, and also because stars like David Oyelowo, George Clooney and Lupita Nyong'o have been vocal about ingrained prejudice in Hollywood.
- However, the publicist for Paramount told the group of reporters that such questions should be addressed to the filmmakers after a "somewhat tense stand-off".
- "It's not for Scarlett to answer that question," Paramount's publicist said. "We don't want to offend her and create any animosity or anything."
- Author of article mentions that Ghost in the Shell might have been a career-making opportunity for a Japanese actress. "There are very few opportunities for Asian women to be kick-ass action heroes," says Tony Ayres, the Macau-born Australian director of films including The Home Song Stories and Cut Snake. "What we're missing from the studio system is courage ... Jennifer Lawrence was not a star before The Hunger Games, so why wouldn't you take a risk on an unknown Asian actor?"
Reminder that director Rupert Sanders just said this a few days ago, "I did three weeks of press in Paris, Korea, and Japan, there wasn't one question about this so-called controversy. The controversy only seems to be coming from America."
HMMM. geez, i wonder
Is anyone else watching this? I love it tbh! The birthday dinner episode was my fave so far
FEUD: Bette and Joan 1x06 "Hagsploitation" Season 1 Episode 6 - Hungry for another hit, Warner pressures Aldrich to bring the original team back together for a follow-up hag horror pic. Someone from Joan’s past poses a threat.
Martha Stewart (the greatest Apprentice host of all time) stopped by the Today Show to make cookies & chocolate cake w/ beets from her latest book A New Way To Bake (now available on Amazon)
What is your fave Martha moment, ONTD?
For Sunday, April 2, 2017:
- He was on Ellen promoting 'Gifted' when he mentioned that after Avengers 4 his contract is up.
- Filming of his scenes begin in May. Avengers 4 films later in the year.
- Ellen is producing Chrevans new movie: Jekyll.
'The end of my contract'. No hoe, unless you play Brian Kinney in a remake of Queer As Folk, imma need you to do this forever!!!!
Ingrid Thorburn (Plaza), a mentally disturbed young woman, becomes obsessed with Taylor Sloane (Olsen), a social media star who appears to have the perfect life. But when Ingrid decides to drop everything and move west to befriend Taylor, her behavior turns unsettling and increasingly dangerous.
After his awful match with Roman Reigns last night at WrestleMania, the iconic Undertaker is finally retiring. Leaving his hat, trenchcoat and gloves in the ring and kissing his wife at ringside, Taker walked the ramped and gave one last look to the crowd before leaving. His gear was still in the ring as production crews began cleaning up after the event.
The Undertaker retires from WWE after nearly 27 years following Roman Reigns defeat https://t.co/29FsSQCkMW— BBC News (World) (@BBCWorld) April 3, 2017
The 52 year old has spent close to 27 years wrestling, being best known for having the longest winning steak at WrestleMania, all together going 23-2 at the event. Whether Taker will continue to have any presence in the company outside of a in-ring performer like other retirees (whether as Undertaker or using irl name Mark Calaway) is unknown.
what ur fav moment from this icon ontd??
- Leads Katherine Langford (Hannah) and Dylan Minnette (Clay) (the whole cast really) give career-making perfrmances
- Expertly examines the effects of individual passivity and group denial in in rape culture and bullying
- Becomes less convincing when it tries to morph into "How To Get Away With Suicide"
Discussion post! Are you watching ONTD?
After a particularly vicious attack from Perry, Celeste decides to leave him.
Jane finds out from Ziggy that one of the twins (Max) has been hurting Amabella. She tells Madeline and then later Celeste.
Renata husband threatens Jane with a restraining order while she's at the cafe with Madeline and Tom kicks him out. He tells Jane that he has been trying to impress her for a while, and she finally realizes that he is not gay and takes him to the gala.
While they are about to go to the gala, Perry finds out that Celeste rented an apartment and is going to leave her. On the way to the gala, he tries to convince her to stay but she has had enough. There are then interrupted by Renata and Celeste takes advantage of this to get away from him and goes inside.
Ed finally shaves for the gala.
At the gala, Celeste tells Renata the truth about Max hurting Amabella.
While Ed is singing about her (he suspects that she cheated when she keeps looking at Joseph?) she rushes out in tears followed by Jane. She tells Jane that she cheated. Renata then walks to them and apologizes to Jane for everything she put her through and she accepts. Madeline also praises her for apologizing. Celeste joins them with Perry rushing behind her. He asks her to come with him but Celeste repeatedly says no with Renata asking Perry to give her some space. Jane then realizes that Perry was her rapist with both Madeline and Celeste too realize by the look on her face. Perry comes at the girls. Flash forward police sirens. We find out that Perry was the one dead. The girls tell the cops that that he starting hurting Celeste and fell down the stairs. Although the female detective doesn't believe them.
After Perry's funeral, we see Jane, Celeste, Madeline, Renata and Bonnie having a picnic at the beach then having mended fences. We then flashback to the night of the gala and see what actually happened. Perry lunged at Celeste and starting hitting and kicking with the girls trying to break him off but are unable. Bonnie then rushes from behind and pushes him off the stairs to his death.
Back at the picnic, we see someone looking at the girls through binoculars and then hear a click of a lighter as the credits roll.
While Nicole Kidman is up for a season 2 if they come up with something extraordinary, director Jean-Marc Vallee is not for it, saying that the open-ending (the detective watching over the women) is for the audience to decide about what happens later and he doesn't want to ruin it. The audience can imagine whatever they want.
source 1, 2, 3