Articles on this Page
- 03/19/17--13:57: _Kim D from Real Hou...
- 03/19/17--15:54: _The Expanse 2X09 pi...
- 03/19/17--16:01: _ONTD Original: Acto...
- 03/19/17--16:01: _AMC - INTO THE BADL...
- 03/19/17--16:02: _‘Fleabag’ Season 2 ...
- 03/19/17--16:02: _Free! to have three...
- 03/19/17--16:03: _Vanderpump Rules' S...
- 03/19/17--16:03: _Streaming Post for ...
- 03/19/17--16:04: _Melissa George talk...
- 03/19/17--16:05: _Kylie has a new vel...
- 03/19/17--16:05: _YouTube's "Restrict...
- 03/20/17--09:35: _AMC - INTO THE BADL...
- 03/20/17--09:37: _First Look at "Danc...
- 03/20/17--09:37: _Tim Heidecker Troll...
- 03/20/17--09:44: _Shaq is a flat-earther
- 03/20/17--09:44: _ONTD Roundup
- 03/20/17--11:42: _Penelope Cruz to St...
- 03/20/17--11:46: _Zara Larsson's 'So ...
- 03/20/17--11:46: _Julie Andrews: Trum...
- 03/20/17--12:05: _Camila Cabello to r...
- 03/19/17--15:54: The Expanse 2X09 pics and roundup
- 03/19/17--16:01: ONTD Original: Actors who were replaced on tv instead of recast
- 03/19/17--16:02: ‘Fleabag’ Season 2 Is Happening
- 03/19/17--16:02: Free! to have three new movies
- 03/19/17--16:03: Streaming Post for NWHL Final! 6PM ET
- 03/19/17--16:04: Melissa George talks about abusive ex-partner
- Appeared on Australian television program Sunday Night to talk about her ex-partner Jean-David Blanc and abuse that left her in the hospital
- Blanc arrived home drunk and they started fighting, Blanc physically assaulted George (details at the source if you want them)
- BOTH George and Blanc were convicted of assault in French court. Blanc was ordered to pay $1000 to George, George was ordered to pay $1 to Blanc. Both are appealing the convictions.
- Above picture was taken 8 days after the incident
- Blanc was controlling long before the incident. Before they had children, he wanted her to sign a contract stating that any male children would be circumcised and all children would live in France. She refused.
- George is pleading for the Australian government to intervene so she can bring the children to Australia. He is refusing to let them leave France, impeding her ability to work
- 03/19/17--16:05: Kylie has a new velvet liquid line ♡
- 03/19/17--16:05: YouTube's "Restricted Mode" seems to be blocking LGBTQ+ content
- YouTube's "Restricted Mode" blocks content flagged by users deemed to be inappropriate for kids
- LGBTQ+ YouTubers say many of their videos (including music videos, vlogs, etc.) now no longer show up outside of Restricted Mode
- YouTube said this is because "some videos that cover subjects like health, politics and sexuality may not appear for users and institutions that choose to use this feature."
- 03/20/17--09:37: First Look at "Dancing With The Stars" season 24 Premiere
- 03/20/17--09:37: Tim Heidecker Trolls President Babyhands with "Mar-a-Lago" Song
- 03/20/17--09:44: Shaq is a flat-earther
- 03/20/17--09:44: ONTD Roundup
- Weekend Box Office: Beauty and the Beast crushes the competition
- ONTD Original: Actors who were replaced on tv instead of recast
- The Walking Dead 7x14 Sneak Peek
- Katy Perry opens up about her sexuality and reveals that she has done more than kiss a girl
- Kat Graham collapses 'after consuming cannabis brownie' before being rushed to hospital
- Big Little Lies: Episode 6 Preview
- 03/20/17--11:42: Penelope Cruz to Star in 'Versace: American Crime Story'
- 03/20/17--11:46: Zara Larsson's 'So Good' enters iTunes Top 10 in 61 Countries!
- 03/20/17--11:46: Julie Andrews: Trump's budget cuts to the arts are "heartbreaking"
- 03/20/17--12:05: Camila Cabello to release singles before summer, album in fall
Her car, a white Audi, was set on fire and there were two bodies inside that were shot in the head execution style. Her son had leant her car to a friend, who has not been heard from in days. The identities of the victims have been not been released, but Kim D and her son are alive.
2X09 synopsis from the link in the tweet: "Bobbie becomes a political pawn in the struggle between Earth and Mars."
Inside The Expanse 2X08.
Highlights from the video:
* The Roci crew in real life rehearse together in their off time and work hours to get their relationship together right.
* They talk about the scene that causes Amos to be lost, it didn't make sense to the actors and didn't seem like enough to make him spiral, so they all got together and bounced ideas off each other. Wes came up with the idea of the kid lashing out at Amos for shoving his mom, making him the bad guy in the situation. It wasn't in the script initially.
* The situation awoken an emotion in Amos he hasn't felt for years and was unable to process it. He goes on a bender, tries to deal with it, Alex is clueless about what Amos is going through and provokes him to the point that Amos snaps. He's suddenly exposed to Amos' darkness and dangerous, and for the first time realizes Amos is very damaged. Lots of compliments for Wes for playing such a complex character in such a subtle way, which gives power to his scene partners as well.
More behind a cut.
Some twitter roundup:
Looks like we can expect some Amos backstory.
Everyone, including former guest stars, are happy about the S3 renewal.
Everybody loves Terry Chen as Prax, he's getting a lot of love on Twitter.
The gist of the article:
"Unlike the majority of the rough and tough characters in The Expanse, Prax Meng doesn’t fit into a ready-made action character cliché... Instead, he’s a dad and botanist. Played by Terry Chen, Prax’s is a realistic, relatable everyman and a breath of fresh air in a space opera full of giant egos.
Unlike so many characters in big TV dramas, Prax is exactly what he appears to be. He doesn’t have a hidden agenda, he’s just a space botanist who really just wants to find his missing daughter... If the show was in need of a conscience, it has found one with Prax."
Syfy Wire's Cher Martinetti and Adam Swiderski join producers/universe creators Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham and discuss 2X08 (featuring special guest star Cara Gee, who plays Drummer)
* The moment with the refugee woman and the kid really had an impact on Amos, then he disappears for a while, shows up disheveled, with a busted lip and it was Wes' idea for Amos to have a different jacket, like he took it off someone in a fight. Ty and Daniel say Wes does not stop crushing the role, what he's doing is amazing. They discuss Naomi lying to Holden about the proto-molecule sample and keeping her backstory hidden- anger is usually a fear reaction- she got angry at Holden keeping secrets, but it's not about him, it's about her and what she's hiding and being worried it'll be revealed. We always hate in other people the thing we're most ashamed about ourselves. From the minute you meet Prax he has soulful, sweet eyes and you're genuinely concerned about what will happen to him. Terry Chen was a huge win, he's a fantastic actor who normally plays tough guys, but from the first day on set he was crushing it, he has ton of range. He's genuinely sweet, thoughtful, deep lovely guy and has all the tattoos, so he had to be covered in a lot of makeup for the show.
* The spacing scene was intense and terrible, but at least the science is pretty accurate. You die in about 15-20 seconds from suffocation, it takes a long long time to freeze in space- you're in a vacuum, there's nothing to suck the heat out. Regarding Diogo's uncle in the first season who was exposed to space: You want to breathe out, so the air has some place to go that isn't the wall of your lungs, you want to keep your air passage and mouth open, so the air rushing out has a clear path. NASA did a series of experiments where they put people in pressure suits with sensors and put them in artificial vacuum to test the space suit. In one of the experiments the person's space suit failed and they were instantly in a vacuum, they were able to re-pressurize the room so he didn't suffer long term damage, but learned a lot about what happens to us in vacuum from that experiment.
* Drummer shows up in the later books, they brought her forward because they needed a second character in the Tycho world to do things Fred couldn't and give a second voice there. They have a lot of characters in the books, but couldn't have them all in the show or no one would get screen time, so they combine characters or one character can fill in for another character. Cara read a bit of Sam Rosenberg bits in the book- mostly her friendship with Naomi, read a bit of Drummer stuff from later books and the woman that was with Dawes when he flipped Fred in 'The Butcher of Anderson Station'. She was a huge fan of the show before she auditioned. She listened to Jared Harris' accent on repeat and went into the audition with her take on the accent and she worked with the dialect coach- they go over the text before shooting every episode. It's a cool thing making up an accent for a role. She was such a fan of the show that she asked to walk around on set before her first day of shooting so she wouldn't nerd out in front of everyone on her first day.
* Cara sees the merit of Dawes' approach- Drummer understands both his and Fred's perspectives and it comes down to strategy, the way forward to win the most power for the Belt/OPA in a sustainable way. She believes in peace, she's not Black Sky and violent, she's looking at the big picture and how to end the oppression. She takes a bullet because the Black Sky guys have a very weak strategy. Getting shot was the scariest thing Cara did on set- it was the first time she was 'shot' in a show, she had a firecracker under her costume while everyone else had protective goggles, She had to do the whole thing like there isn't a firecracker about to explode on her chest. It was intense and they did it in one take. Her executing the two OPA guys was one of the last scenes they shot that day at 1am, so they had to do it really quickly, it was pure adrenaline, it was very satisfying. She got to do a lot of shooting on 'Strange Empire', it's fun and strangely empowering, maybe it's why she gets these parts. Launching the Nauvoo was her favorite scene, to be able to stand in the control room on Tycho and watch the launch sequence (they had it prepared for them in advance to see and hear it on a large screen).
* She loved 'Arrival' and what they have to say about languages. They talk about languages and how in many First Nations languages there aren't the pronouns he/she/it but animate/alive or inanimate pronouns and it says so much about how they see the world (Cara is Ojibwe). She doesn't speak Ojibwe, unfortunately, beyond a few words, due to the genocide and the language being stomped out and it didn't get passed down. . The water storyline on Ceres in S1 mirrors to Cara real life and how Indigenous don't have clean water. They talk about the diversity of the show. There was an audition Cara did and got close but didn't get the role because 'they already had a half Asian on the show', there's no quota for white characters- they're considered 'normal', but it feels like you can only have one of each (minorities) and they stand in for all. All the women on the Expanse are diverse, all of them are strong and in different ways. Naomi isn't just there to be 'sex and act of listening', a lot of the episodes we're seeing are written by women, so Daniel and Ty can't take all the credit for that on the show.
SOURCES: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9
SyFy getting lazy after the renewal and didn't post the sneak peek on Youtube. Yanks can see the scene on their website.
When will your faves?
What do you do when you want to get rid of an actor or character on a hit tv show? Replace them with a similar character to take their place!
Star Trek: TNG
Gates McFadden as Doctor Beverly Crusher replaced by Diana Muldaur as Doctor Katherine Pulaski
Situation: Gates McFadden played Dr.Beverly Crusher during the first season of Star Trek: The Next Generation, between the shows hiatus the producers had felt that the character wasn't working out as well as they had liked along with Gates clashing with producers over her characters development lead to her being fired before the start of Season 2. Diana Muldaur came in to fill the void of the ships doctor, however Diana reportedly faced backlash from some of the cast who felt a loyalty to Gates. Dianas character Dr.Pulaski did not catch on with viewers and coupled with Dianas dislike of working on the show lead her to leave after only 1 season. Cast and fans rallied for Gates to be brought back and the producers brought Beverly Crusher to the show in Season 3 where she stayed for the remainder of the series.
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Austin St. John/Thuy Trang/Walter Jones replaced by Steven Cardenas/Karan Ashley/John Bosch
Situation: Austin/Thuy/Walter played the Red/Yellow/Black Power Rangers for the 1 1/2 seasons of MMPR. With the show becoming the biggest kids show in the world, the cast attempted to get pay raises due to all the time and effort they were putting into the show but Saban was not willing to give the cast more money so in retaliation half the cast (A/T/W) decided to stop showing up for work in the middle of the season which lead production to get creative, at first the show used stand ins/voiceovers/reused footage to get around half of their cast not showing up. The show knew they would have to be written out somehow if they would not come back so they had Jason/Trini/Zack go off to participate in a World Peace Conference and lead to the first of many major cast shakeups which would help Saban show the cast that they are replaceable at any time. The show brought in 3 new characters to take up the Red/Yellow/Black Ranger mantles and they went on to star in the MMPR movie that was originally intended to include the original cast.
Beverly Hills 90210
Shannen Doherty as Brenda Walsh replaced by Tiffany Amber Theissen as Valerie Malone
Situation: Shannen Doherty played Brenda Walsh for the first 4 seasons of BH90210 but after reportedly becoming a problem behind the scenes with constantly showing up late and making life difficult for some of her cast members Brenda Walsh was shipped off to live in London while Shannen Doherty was fired from the show. Theissen came in for the shows 5th season playing Valerie Malone, cousin to Brenda and Brandon Walsh taking up Brendas leftovers by becoming rivals with Kelly Taylor and sleeping with Brendas ex boyfriend, Dylan McKay. Tiffany remained on the show up until the shows last season when she quit to do other acting opportunities.
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
Terry Farrell as Jadiza Dax replaced by Nicole De Boer as Ezri Dax
Situation: Terry Farrell played Jadzia Dax for 6 of the 7 seasons of DS9. With her contract up at the end of Season 6, Terry attempted to renegotiate her contract to include fewer episodes as she was exhausted from the long hours but Rick Berman told her it was either all or nothing. Terry decided not to sign on and DS9 decided to kill Jadzia Dax. The show brought in Nicole De Boer for the shows final season as Ezri Dax, a character who ended up taking Jadzias symbiont and memories. Years later EP Ira Steven Behr was let in on the bts drama and he noted had he known, he wouldn't have killed off Jadzia and brought Terry part part time.
Star Trek: Voyager
Jennifer Lien as Kes replaced by Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine
Situation: For 3 seasons, Jennifer Lein starred as Kes amongst the Voyager, at the end of the shows 3rd season the writers wanted to bring on a new character but due to budgetary constraints they would have to get rid of one of their original cast members. Originally the writers were going to kill off Garret Wang who played Harry Kim on the show but due to Wang surprisingly being named one of People Magazines 50 sexiest men which helped garner attention for the show, he got a reprieve and Kes was chosen as his replacement to write off the show. Jeri Ryan came on at the start of season 4 with the writers using Kes to help Seven of Nine remain her humanity before killing her off. This lead to tension on set between Jeri Ryan and Kate Mulegrow who played main character Captain Janeway. Jeri stayed on for the remainder of the shows run.
Shannen Doherty as Prue Halliwell replaced by Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews
Situation: Shannen Doherty who was famously replaced on 90210 by Aaron Spelling ended up reteaming with Spelling for a new series called Charmed that centered around 3 sisters who happened to be witches. During the shows 3rd season, tension was rising between Shannen and her co-ster Alyssa Milano who played her onscreen sister, Phoebe Halliwell. By the end of the season, producers decided that one of the actresses had to go, given Shannens past history and the fact that Prue had less storylines to wrap up, it was decided during the summer hiatus that Prue Halliwell would be killed off screen. Rose McGowan came in the 4th season as the long lost sister of the Charmed Ones. She inherited Prues telekinetic powers but with a slight change due to her being half whitelighter. McGowan went on to stay until the show ended in Season 8.
Katie Cassidy as Dinah Laurel Lance/Black Canary replaced by Juliana Harkavey as Dinah Drake/Black Canary
Situation: Katie spent 4 seasons of Arrow as her character developed into superhero Black Canary, at the beginning of the season the writers teased a big death coming that would leave someone from the show dying at the end of the season. While they attempted to maintain that everyone was up for grabs and that they were not sure who they would kill off, at the end of the season it was decided that Black Canary would bite the dust and Katie Cassidy left the show as Black Canary was said to not necessarily be needed in the show. In the middle of the shows 5th season the writers brought in Juliana Harkavey to play Dinah Drake and take up the mantle of Black Canary. In the comics, Dinah Drake is DLLs mother which caused confusion for some fans. While everyone bts claims there is no bad blood and KC was brought back a handful of times for flashbacks/fever dreams/doppelganger, fans have speculated that the inconsistent writing and sudden resurgence by the writers of how important Black Canary is to the Green Arrow mythos has lead fans to speculate that the writers did not enjoy DLL or possibly KC.
Nicole Behair as Lt. Abbi Mills replaced by Janina Gavankar as Agent Diana Thomas
Situation: Nicole joined Sleepy Hollow as one half of a dynamic duo with Tom Mison as Ichabod Crane, the first season enjoyed rave reviews and great ratings but by the time the 2nd season came around it was obvious things were not going well bts. Abbie Mills was put on the backbuner for Season 2 while Cranes past wife, Katrina Crane gained more screentime and Nicole was being shut out of things such a commentary for the show. After ratings plummeted and the show received backlash from fans, the 3rd season returned to focusing on Abbie partnership with Ichabod Crane but the damage had already been done. Nicole and Sleepy Hollow agreed to part ways at the end of the season with Abbie being killed off. Janina was brought in as Diana for the shows 4th season to become Icabod Cranes new partner. The shows ratings have fallen even further but with a 5th season in limbo.
2 1/2 Men: Charlie Sheen replaced by Ashton Kuther
Source: My memory/tv + 23
I might've missed plenty but these are all characters who left an impression on me.`
Here are two of the 6 things to know about his character :
- He will bring his trademark comic relief to the world of Into the Badlands
- But, he's also quite capable of holding his own in a fight : “I essentially spent weeks and weeks and weeks fighting. I think there’s like four or five really big set-piece fights, which took days and days and days to film. One fight took 10 days to shoot,” Frost says. “Right at the beginning of the process, I spoke with Daniel and the fight director and Hong Kong choreographer [because] I was kind of keen that the stuff Baije could do was the stuff that I could do essentially. I didn’t want to see Baije suddenly using wire work or doing a series of flying, spinning heel kicks. That would put people out of the story.” “...Baije is a wrestler, a barroom brawler. He’s spiteful and underhanded, so he’s that kind of fighter.”
Last season, we learned the Badlands are divided and ruled by seven men and women, each granted with the title of Baron. We've met Barons Quinn, Minerva/The Widow, and Jacobee. This season, we'll finally meet the others.
Will put the others under a spoiler-cut to save on loading =)
So happy this is back =) I really enjoy the action choreography, world-building, and characters of this series. The premiere airs tonight on AMC @ 10/9c
new eps next year
It has been announced under that there will be three Free! movies coming out later this year. It will be two compilation movies and an all-new anime film.
First one will be Free! Timeless Medley Kizuna (Bonds) on April 22, focusing on the Iwatobi Swim Club, and Free! Timeless Medley Yakusoku (Promise) on July 1, focusing on Rin and Sousuke.
The all-new anime movie, Free! Take Your Marks will serve as a sequel to Timeless Medley, taking us to early spring time as Haruka prepares to graduate. The film is currently set to open this fall.
- Scheana vacations with her new beau
- They have been friends for 10 years
- Lala admits to Botox in her forehead and filler in her lips, jawline, chin and cheeks
- Has had 'enough' with fillers
have u been watching the latest season? jax is such an a-hole to brittany
NWHL final is streaming on their website and ABC News app and site.
Use this post to discuss, the game, NWHL in general, CWHL, Women's Hockey, if you've heard any updates on the USWNT's boycott / negotiations!
Follow up to this post
I made the mistake of reading the Facebook comments about this interview. People remain trash.
Here's a horrific selection of IG models trying it on:
source: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
What's your latest successful make up haul ontd ?
Sunny fights his way home while tensions in The Badlands mount towards revolution.
Bit of warning, it spoils a big reveal from the premiere =)
Waldo advises Tilda about how to be a successful Regent.
Thoughts on the premiere? I definitely enjoyed it, especially after the disappointment of another series centered around martial arts...
- Simone Biles
- Nancy Kerrigan
- Heather Morris
DWTS season 24 starts tonight on ABC!
sources: twitter x charo
This song criticizes Tr**p for visiting his vacation home/business nearly every weekend: "And it makes me feel like I got a real big penis / Playing golf with retired baseball stars / And it makes me feel like I got a real big penis / Everything is gold, even the toilet bowls."
Proceeds from sales go to the Everglades Foundation! Buy it on Bandcamp for just two bucks!
PS: So how about this hearing?
"It’s true. The Earth is flat. The Earth is flat. Yes, it is. Listen, there are three ways to manipulate the mind — what you read, what you see and what you hear. In school, first thing they teach us is, ‘Oh, Columbus discovered America,’ but when he got there, there were some fair-skinned people with the long hair smoking on the peace pipes. So, what does that tell you? Columbus didn’t discover America. So, listen, I drive from coast to coast, and this s*** is flat to me. I’m just saying. I drive from Florida to California all the time, and it’s flat to me. I do not go up and down at a 360-degree angle, and all that stuff about gravity, have you looked outside Atlanta lately and seen all these buildings? You mean to tell me that China is under us? China is under us? It’s not. The world is flat."
For Sunday, March 19, 2017:
Cruz will play Donatella Versace, the sister of slain fashion designer Gianni Versace, who took over the company following his death.
It's also now the most streamed debut by a female artist on Spotify, Lush Life's impact!
SOURCE: 1 + 2
· Said in an interview with The Project that Trump's cuts to the arts boggle her mind & that she doesn't know why you would want to cut funding to the arts, considering how important they are
· Co-wrote a CNN op-ed with her daughter two weeks ago in defense of arts funding; it was released at nearly the same time as Trump's budget was announced, just by coincidence
· Talks about being recognized as Mary Poppins in public bathrooms
ONTD, how crappy would you feel if Julie Andrews didn't like you?
- When asked when she'll be releasing music, Camila responds, "I hope to release my first few songs before summer and then go from there and hopefully an album in the Fall."