Articles on this Page
- 02/26/17--07:49: _Michaela Coel (Chew...
- 02/26/17--07:50: _Bill Paxton Dead at 61
- 02/26/17--07:59: _Loreen, Queen of Eu...
- 02/26/17--08:04: _Brits care less abo...
- 02/26/17--08:12: _Shia LaBeouf and hi...
- 02/26/17--08:18: _A few of Trevor Noa...
- 02/26/17--09:00: _Lily Allen mocked f...
- 02/26/17--09:32: _The Expanse 2X06 pi...
- 02/26/17--09:50: _Orlando Bloom Visit...
- 02/26/17--10:03: _Weekend Box Office:...
- 02/26/17--10:31: _Adam Lambert Spills...
- 02/26/17--11:10: _Angelina Jolie in a...
- 02/26/17--11:53: _Jimmy Kimmel talks ...
- 02/26/17--14:15: _Top 10 Best Oscar L...
- 02/26/17--14:20: _Best Musical Perfor...
- 02/26/17--14:23: _Fans Suggest Alec B...
- 02/26/17--14:30: _89th Annual Academy...
- 02/26/17--14:50: _Chance The Rapper B...
- 02/26/17--16:48: _89th Annual Academy...
- 02/26/17--17:01: _The Walking Dead 7x...
- 02/26/17--07:50: Bill Paxton Dead at 61
- 02/26/17--07:59: Loreen, Queen of Eurovision, debuts Statements at Melodifestivalen
- 02/26/17--08:12: Shia LaBeouf and his collaborators shut down He Will Not Divide Us
- The project (a livestream in which passersby were encouraged to say the words "He will not divide us") initially opened in New York. After it was shut down by the museum that was hosting it (against the artists' wishes) the project was moved to Alburquerque.
- On February 23 gun shots were heard on the Alburquerque livestream. Police reported that the shots were from a location a block away and it seemed unrelated to the project, nevertheless the artists decided to take the livestream down.
- Livestream is currently dark with no news on whether it will reopen or not.
- 02/26/17--08:18: A few of Trevor Noah's favourite things
- 02/26/17--09:00: Lily Allen mocked for her baby's stillbirth by Twitter trolls.
- 02/26/17--09:32: The Expanse 2X06 pics and sneak peek, plus roundup
- 02/26/17--09:50: Orlando Bloom Visits Children in Niger Displaced by Boko Haram
- 02/26/17--10:03: Weekend Box Office: Get Out is a smash hit!
- 02/26/17--10:31: Adam Lambert Spills The Feud Tea!
- 02/26/17--11:10: Angelina Jolie in a Guerlin perfume ad directed by Terrence Malik
- 02/26/17--14:15: Top 10 Best Oscar Looks Of All Time
- 02/26/17--14:20: Best Musical Performances At The Oscars
- 02/26/17--14:30: 89th Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals Post
- 02/26/17--16:48: 89th Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals Post Part 2
- 02/26/17--17:01: The Walking Dead 7x10 Sneak Peek + VIEWING POST
To @MichaelaCoel prevented a potentially horrific situation. You are a super hero.— Cynthia Erivo (@CynthiaEriVo) 25 février 2017
IF SHES DRUNK OR HIGH OR DOESNT SAY YES, THAT MEANS NO
Brave & drunk so we stole this barefoot lady from two male strangers who were leading her "somewhere". They slipped away pretty quick (1/2) pic.twitter.com/tOxwg3dsmC— Michaela Coel (@MichaelaCoel) 25 février 2017
(One more) pic.twitter.com/G16oaOMBxK— Michaela Coel (@MichaelaCoel) 25 février 2017
I've made a video. Sisters n brothers? Let's drink red wine, stick together and never unstick. pic.twitter.com/defrOJ5AEU— Michaela Coel (@MichaelaCoel) 25 février 2017
sources : 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
He died from complications from heart surgery and suffered a fatal stroke.
Bill Paxton Dead at 61 https://t.co/e30ackZXsh— TMZ (@TMZ) February 26, 2017
Statement from family:
"It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery." The family accurately describes his "illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and flimmaker." The family adds, "Bill's passion for the arts was felt by all who knew him, and his warmth and tireless energy were undeniable."
Loreen has decided to come back for her Eurovision crown with Statements. Sweden has a crazy procedure to pick the song they send and she placed 3rd/4th in her semi final which means she will perform again in a second chance stage where 4 more songs advance to the final. Will Sweden sleep on this legend?
how the hell did she not qualify for the final directly???? thank god there is a second chance round because this is already my winner lmao
ontd, what's your favourite eurovision song of all time? mine is euphoria
Moment source&Tweet source
Is it time.gif, ONTD?
Is this the end for He Will Not Divide Us?
The man's doing some promotion for his book and new comedy special on Netflix: Afraid of the Dark. He also points out that Dutch people should start acknowledging the impact the Dutch had on South/Southern Africa.
Favourite book: The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More - Roahld Dahl. "I like the story because it's about a boy that learns something new and with it achieves more than he could ever dream of. Books weren't necessary a way of escapism for me, but a way to travel to places and times I couldn't visit myself."
Favourite language: all of them. Trevor knows how to speak English, Afrikaans, Zulu, Tswana, Tsonga, Xhosa and German.
"I like to spend my holidays in countries where I can learn a new language, like Spanish in Peru or Hindi in India." He doesn't know in which language he dreams.
Favourite comedian: Eddie Murphy. "He has it all: acting, accents, jokes. Coming to America is my favourite work of his."
Favourite food: Indian. "Everything that has paneer in it."
Favourite music: Black Coffee, a South African artist that makes house music with African sounds mixed through. "Powerful and beautiful".
What are a few of your favourite things on Sunday, ONTD?
Outspoken British singer Lily Allen is no stranger to vile Twitter trolls, but this weekend they seem to have taken it to new lows.
Yesterday she attempted to highlight how ridiculous it sounds when people blame immigrant and muslims for long wait times to get NHS doctors appointments (a common belief among racist morons in the UK) by replacing the words immigrant and muslim with 'pensioners'. This went over a lot of peoples' heads, and she's been under a trolling attack ever since - allegedly including a poll takeover by 4Chan.
@lilyallen 4chan hijacked it— CodEy (@Codeyswearse) February 25, 2017
Some of the trolls decided to mock Lily for her miscarriage, blaming her alleged drug use for it. They have also gone back to their old tricks of calling her a liar for a sexual abuse claims.
Her Twitter is now being run by somebody called Dennis, who is tweeting and defending her on her behalf. It's not clear who Dennis is to Lily.
This photo has been doctored but if anyone can help Lily find out the true identity of Lisa from Swansea,she'd be most appreciative (Dennis) pic.twitter.com/VngvcSF5aS— Lily (@lilyallen) February 26, 2017
These are just the ones she has replied to. There are plenty more out there. I obviously can't fit all of the context of the tweets into one post, but a scroll through her timeline should help clear things up.
These were Lily's tweets that set the shitstorm off.
These morons don't even get it.
Source: Lily's Twitter timeline.
Promotional pictures at the link, the synopsis: 'Earth and Mars search for answers in the aftermath of the asteroid collision.'
More goodies behind a cut, there are spoilers for 2X05, be warned.
Pour one out for Miller.
They talk about how hard and emotional it was to lose Thomas Jane. Miller finally finds a cause to believe in, Julie was everything he should have been, is shamed by it and he wanted to save her. The Miller-Julie scene in the book was the entire reason Mark Fergus wanted to do the show in the first place, it's a beautiful ending to a very long redemptive arc and romantic journey for Miller. The protomolecule completely engulfed Eros, with Julie at its center. The way they visualized the scene, Julie is at the center of the hive, the protomolecule is essentially exalting her, like an alter.
Syfy Wire's Cher Martinetti and Adam Swiderski join producers/universe creators Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham and discuss 2X05 (featuring special guest star Executive Producer Mark Fergus)
Some highlights from the podcast:
* There was a Sam Rosenberg in S1, there was discussion whether she was being introduced too early. A lot of the stories we associate with her have been co-opted to the amalgam character of Drummer, to not clutter the cast. Likewise we're not going to be seeing Soren, whose functions can be taken over by someone else, which is why we have Cotyar. Diogo is sort of mention in Leviathan Wakes and has a small role, the show decided to turn him gradually into a major character and show how a Belter kid grows up. By the way, Cara Gee came up with that 'Belter middle finger' gesture herself.
* It was a conscious decision not to start the Roci crew as best friends, but to watch them become that group and move in that direction. Amos starts seeing Holden as someone he can trust and rely on, he'll start to disagree with Naomi's decisions and as the season goes on we'll see him working through how he connects to Alex. The great thing about Amos is that he's a sort of an unchanging character, but through him they get to explore all the other characters, their relationship and how they become a unit.
* Something they left ambiguous in the books but made more clear in the show: The moment Julie-Miller meet face to face and he gets infected by the protomolecule fireflies coming out of her body- that moment ripples forward and backwards in time. There are moments in the last 15 episodes that are 'reverse time echoes' of that moment. In episode 9 in S1, right before Julie died, she saw him walking into the room in his cop uniform, with her necklace and the sparrow (we see the sparrow again right before he meets her this episode). All of his visions of Julie, when he tells Naomi she's by his side and tells him 'you belong with me'- he's hearing an echo of something that hasn't happened yet. All his visions of her could be echoes of that moment.
* They talk about casting Belters and not being able to just CGI everyone to look more like the books. It's a hard body type to find, they were randomly trying to get tall people from the street to act on their show- they were buying towels and the lady selling towels was 6'1 or so and they were trying to convince her to be on the show. It's less creepy to let the casting director handle it and do it through official channels.
Miller now has a star named after him.
There's a board game based on The Expanse coming out in June.
Here is a thing.https://t.co/hIqwLxlZCP— James S.A. Corey (@JamesSACorey) February 14, 2017
Seems like we'll have to wait till 'late next month' for news about potential renewal.
IndieWire interviews Executive Producer Mark Fergus about 2X05's shocking exit.
From the interview (spoilers for 2X05):
* The Miller-Julie scene was filmed in a big empty room with just a chair, so Thomas and Florence had nothing to distract them but each other.
* There was no kiss in the script, it just happened spontaneously while shooting.
* They knew from the beginning they would lose Miller, but they slowed down the storytelling and held on to him for as long as they could without screwing up the stories. This meant overlapping the end of book one with events and characters from book 2, so Eros storyline could play out further into season 2.
SOURCES: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9
GIFS: #1, #2, #3
Ratings went up to 0.2, hope it stays there or even inches back up to 0.3. Are you all ready for the return of Martian Queen Bobbie Draper?
Bobbie's getting ready to slay you all.
- as a unicef goodwill ambassador, visits diffa, a city in southeast niger. 2.3 million people across niger, nigeria, chad and cameroon are displaced; the diffa region currently holds ~160,000 displaced children and 240,000 total displaced people
- Bloom says: "As a father, it is hard for me to imagine how many of these children are caught up in this conflict. During my trip I have heard dreadful stories about children fleeing on foot, leaving everything behind, including the safety of their homes and classrooms"&"This visit has been extremely moving. Every single child I met is affected by this conflict and in desperate need of basic services such as clean water, psychological care and education to help them recover from the atrocities they have suffered and witnessed. They deserve a childhood"
- encourages people to donate to unicef
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
|<<Last Weekend<Last Year||View Index: By Year | By Weekend|
What did you watch this weekend, ONTD?
-Adam Levine has never heard What Do You Want From Me and thought the person on The Voice singing it, sang it 'probably' better than the original singer, Adam Lambert hasn't sad anything bad about him but he did agree this was major shade (ngl maybe Adam Levine actually never heard the song lmao)
-He was supposed to tour with Demi but didn't
-Adam Lambert said that Susan Boyle's single 'Wild Horses' made him laugh when he was asked about her album once, and Per** Hilton told him he was jealous because Susan's single outsold his
-Gene Simmons said that Adam should have never came out and that it ruined his career, but then asked him to perform with KISS lmao
-He didn't date Sam Smith
10. Angelina Jolie, 84th Academy Awards (2012)
8. Amy Adams, 85th Academy Awards (2013)
6. Nicole Kidman, 69th Academy Awards (1997)
4. Cate Blanchett 86th Academy Awards (2014)
2. Lupita Nyong'o, 86th Academy Awards (2014)
What's your favorite Oscar look??
The Oscars show the best in film, but music does not go unnoticed at the event. Here are the top
12 5 music performances at the Academy Awards:
The Sound of Music Tribute, Lady Gaga (2015)
"Skyfall," Adele (2013)
"My Heart Will Go On," Celine Dion (1998)
"Ben," Michael Jackson (1973)
"Hard Out Here For a Pimp," Three 6 Mafia and Taraji P. Henson (2006)
- Tr*mp will be the first president to skip the dinner since Ronald Reagan in 1981. However Reagan was recovering from an assassination attempt; sadly, Tr*mp is not but is being a massive chickenshit instead.
- This had fans and celebrities calling for Alec Baldwin to take his place.
Oh pleeeeeez Alec Baldwin go as trump at Correspondents Dinner!!!!— Diane Warren (@Diane_Warren) February 25, 2017
.@realDonaldTrump I hope they replace you with Alec Baldwin.— Dan Wilbur (@DanWilbur) February 25, 2017
💕 Aldis Hodge 💕
This will be updated as it happens. Once the post hits the HTML max we'll move to a new one
I bought all the tickets to #GetOut at Chatham Theatre on 87th Just pull up with ID and enjoy the movie.— Lil Chano From 79th (@chancetherapper) February 26, 2017
Twists offers to handle the next showing.
What an awesome gesture. This movie is doing numbers. Completely deserving.
You can view part one here
For the four of you watching lol