Articles on this Page
- 01/12/17--20:36: _Robin Thicke Invest...
- 01/12/17--21:00: _Author Joseph Boyde...
- 01/12/17--21:43: _Sterling K. Brown: ...
- 01/12/17--23:29: _The Chainsmokers Re...
- 01/12/17--23:30: _Nintendo Switch rel...
- 01/13/17--05:59: _Leigh Anne Pinnock ...
- 01/13/17--05:59: _Taylor Swift Shares...
- 01/13/17--05:59: _MJ Whitewashing epi...
- 01/13/17--06:52: _Legend of Zelda: Br...
- 01/13/17--06:59: _Nashville 5x04 Prom...
- 01/13/17--07:30: _Disney negotiating ...
- 01/13/17--08:30: _Khloe Kardashian Ra...
- 01/13/17--08:41: _MLB's Matt Garza to...
- 01/13/17--08:50: _Reviews for A Serie...
- 01/13/17--09:29: _Exorcist author Wil...
- 01/13/17--09:38: _South Korean Zombie...
- 01/13/17--09:39: _ONTD Roundup
- 01/13/17--10:38: _SKAM Officially Geo...
- 01/13/17--10:38: _3 Doors Down to Per...
- 01/13/17--10:56: _ Dakota Johnson Cov...
- Author Joseph Boyden is a huge CanLit superstar and has won 2/3 of the major Canadian book awards.
- Previously claimed to have Ojibway/Cree heritage and has written books featuring characters from that background
- In December a video came out pointing out that over the years Boyden has claimed ever-shifting tribal affiliations including Métis, Mi’kmaq, Ojibway and Nipmuc
- APTN then did an exposé revealing that though Boyden claims to be indigenous on his father's side, a paternal uncle of Boyden's did an interview in the 60s revealing that he pretended to be indigenous but was fully white
- Boyden finally came out of hiding and only agreed to be interviewed by the Globe & Mail if he was allowed to choose a reporter. Continues to claim he's indigenous (now saying he's Ojibway and Nipmuc), but is how saying that he is going to back away from being a "spokesperson" for Canadian indigenous communities
- 01/12/17--21:43: Sterling K. Brown: Pick me for Green Lantern John Stewart
- 01/12/17--23:29: The Chainsmokers Releases Lyric Video for New Song "Paris"
- 01/12/17--23:30: Nintendo Switch release date announced
- 01/13/17--05:59: Leigh Anne Pinnock of Little Mix is dating footballer Andre Gray
- 01/13/17--05:59: Taylor Swift Shares First Look of her and Zayn's Music Video
- 01/13/17--05:59: MJ Whitewashing episode with lesser Fiennes is pulled from air
- 01/13/17--06:52: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild GAMEPLAY TRAILER!!!
- 01/13/17--06:59: Nashville 5x04 Promo "Leap of Faith"
- 01/13/17--08:30: Khloe Kardashian Rather Eats a Fish Eye Than Say Whether OJ Did It
- 01/13/17--08:50: Reviews for A Series of Unfortunate Events are In!
- 01/13/17--09:29: Exorcist author William Peter Blatty dies at age 89
- 01/13/17--09:39: ONTD Roundup
- Sophia Bush Pens Essay on Why She's Not Looking for "The One"
- George R.R. Martin Says ‘The Winds Of Winter’ Might Be Released This Year
- Paris Jackson says Joseph Fiennes portrayal of her father makes her want to vomit
- The Sims 4 now has toddlers and vampires
- 'Blackish' Deals with Aftermath about Trump's Election
- Sexy photo of Selena Gomez hits the internet
- Bella Hadid unfollows Selena Gomez on IG
- lena dunham for nylon magazine
- Rosie O'Donnell calls for 'imposing martial law' to stop Donald Trump's inauguration
- Bella Thorne is Dating Sam Pepper
- Robin Thicke Investigated for Alleged Child Abuse in Custody Battle With Paula Patton
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara are possibly dating
- Yesterday's ONTD Roundup
- 01/13/17--10:38: 3 Doors Down to Perform at Trump's Inauguration Event
- 01/13/17--10:56: Dakota Johnson Covers VOGUE
- Robin Thicke is being investigated by the Los Angeles County Department of Child and Family Services over allegations that he spanked their son, Julian
- Julian 'reportedly told school officials that Thicke allegedly spanked him more than once. The school then allegedly reported the incident to the DCFS on January 3 and the department opened an investigation. The DCFS has since interviewed Julian and are scheduled to interview Thicke in the afternoon of Thursday, January 12, according to court documents'
- Then Paula Patton denied Thicke to see their son and filed an emergency order asking a judge to restrict the Thicke's time with his son to monitored daytime visits only
- In court documents Thicke accuses Patton of getting the courts involved because she wasn't invited to his father Alan Thicke's funeral stating: “It is my belief that Paula holds residual anger towards me because I and my family would not permit her or her family to attend the funeral of my father on December 20, 2016. Paula did not have a positive relationship with my father … As such, she was not welcome at his funeral. It is my belief that Paula only wanted to attend because it would have resulted in additional public exposure for her."
- a 'source' close to the situation states “judge denied everything in [Patton's] complaint” and that “Child Protective Services didn’t see any evidence of wrongdoing.”
Thicke denies any wrongdoing and he states in court documents: "On a very rare occasion and only as a last resort, I will use light spanking, but it is consistent with the law -- open hand on the butt. This is the type of discipline to which Paula and I agreed during our marriage."
What a mess... ONTD have you ever lied about your race for profit?
Also...late night book post?
Warners revealed today that the upcoming Green Lantern Corps films will focus on both Hal Jordan and John Stewart as lead characters. People v. OJ and This is Us actor Sterling K Brown wasted no time, putting his hat in the ring to play John. This isn't the first time he's mentioned it either, as back in October he revealed on twitter he'd rather be a Lantern than Superman.
Green Lantern Corps is currently scheduled to be released in 2020. It will be written by David Goyer and Justin Rhodes.
do you agree with this potential choice for green lantern john stewart, ontd?
The next Nintendo console will launch globally on March 3, 2017 for $299.99 in North America. It will come with the console, L and R Joy-Con (New controller with a ton of useless features), Joy-Con wrist straps, Joy-Con grip, the Nintendo Switch dock, HDMI cable, and an AC adapter. The Pro Controller will be available separately. In addition, one model with come with grey controllers, and another model with one neon red and one neon blue. Both versions will be the same suggested retail price.
-Zelda: Breath of the Wild
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2
-Fire Emblem Warriors
-New entry in the Shin Megami Tensei franchise
EXCL Ex of footbaler Andre Gray thought they were “on a break” when he started dating LittleMix's Leigh-Anne Pinnock https://t.co/RT1Q31wbM4— Halina Watts (@Halina_3am) January 8, 2017
*Leigh Anne started seeing Premier League striker for Burnley Andre Gray back in July, they first met in May then went on vacation to Ibiza together in July (a post mentioned their relationship back in November).
*Previously dated another footballer for three years before they split in June.
*Andre's ex-girlfriend of 6 years claims she moved to London over the summer to be with him then Andre said he needed some space, soon after she heard he was dating Leigh-Anne. Claims she thought they were just on a break lol.
*But Gray insists he ended the relationship before he and Leigh Anne made it official+ even quotes from his ex at source make it seem like she was hoping they'd get back together, not that they were officially still together when he hooked up with Leigh Anne.
*Apparently she and Gray are still on good terms though and while she's upset there's no hard feelings as he 'was a great boyfriend' (but she's still mad about him seeing Leigh Anne while they were still together??).
*Andre got into controversy when recieved a four match ban for tweeting that gay people should 'burn' and 'die' + colorist tweets. But since apologsied (ex-gf was with him throughout this, trash).
He's trash and doesn't deserve her.
Are you ready for the hottest MV of the year, ONTD?
Sky pulls broadcast of show that cast white actor as Michael Jackson https://t.co/f22oGvNThK— The Guardian (@guardian) January 13, 2017
Sky has decided to pull the episode of 'Urban Myths' after Paris Jackson expressed her disgust. Claims it wasn't an easy decision but felt it was the right one. Could have saved a lot of money just not doing it but whatever.
CONFIRMED AS A LAUNCH TITLE FOR THE NINTENDO SWITCH, COMING 3/3/2017
god is real.gif
According to reports Disney has started negotiations with Carrie Fisher's estate about the continued presence of Leia in the franchise. At the time of Fisher's death she had completed all of her work on Episode VIII. Princess Leia was rumored to have a big part in the yet unfilmed Episode IX which led many to believe that the negotiations are about recreating her likeness digitally like they did with Peter Cushing in Rogue One. However, reporting mentioned that it is also possible that they are merely discussing continuing to use her likeness in future merchandising, promotional material, games, etc. citing the fact that Robin Williams had banned the commercial use of his image until 2039.
Source 1 and 2
With Episode VIII less than a year away and them
On the Spill Your Guts or Fill Your Guts segment of James Cordon's Late Late show, Khloe was asked several questions such as which show she thought is the worst: Rob & Chyna, I Am Cait or Sex with Brody. She answered the question, and didn't have to eat cod sperm. But when she was asked whether she thinks OJ did it, Khloe chose to eat a fish eye instead of answering the question:
Last night, the Republicans started their tyranny by rejecting an amendment that would require health insurance companies to cover birth control. Jessica Chastain tweeted this about it:
To which Matt Garza of the Milwaukee Brewers responded:
Thinks the series is a perfect fit for the fake news age
Feels like a musical
Patrick Warburton as Lemony Snicket makes the show
Not all of the books necessitate being split over two episodes
No complaints, only praise
NPH's Olaf is 'more grotesque and more banal than Carrey's'
Best to savor, not binge
Stays true to the spirit of the series
what do you think so far, ontd? spoilers behind a cut, please! I just finished the first episode, wasn't expecting Cobie Smulders and GOB as the parents!
William Peter Blatty, the author of the novel 'The Exorcist', passed away yesterday at the age of 89. The reported cause of death was multiple myeloma, a form of blood cancer. Blatty also wrote the script for the film version of 'The Exorcist' which won an Oscar for best adapted screenplay.
TRAIN TO BUSAN is a harrowing zombie horror-thriller that follows a group of terrified passengers fighting their way through a countrywide viral outbreak, trapped on a suspicion-filled, blood-drenched bullet train ride to the Safe Zone…which may or may not still be there.
The South Korean Blockbuster will be released on Blu-Ray and DVD on January 17th! Bonus material includes two behind-the-scenes featurettes.
Additional stills @ Source
US Official Trailer
An oldie, but a goodie. A Japanese talk show received a letter from a mother who writes that her three children are fans of horror movies and like to act out their zombie invasion survival skills. In this clip, the show visits the family and sets up a scenario to see just how good these three would-be zombie apocalypse survivors would fare. Skip to @7m23seconds to get to the action.
We're sorry to inform that «SKAM» will until further notice not be available outside Norway. :( https://t.co/OHOIWhviwK— NRK P3 (@nrkp3) 13 January 2017
NRK's statement in English:
We want to thank our international fans and followers who have embraced «SKAM». We are blown away by your dedication – it is something we never expected. That is why it hurts to tell you guys that due to a necessary clarification with the music right holders, «SKAM» will until further notice not be available outside Norway. We are working hard to figure out how to solve this issue so that the fans can continue to enjoy «SKAM» from where they are. Thank you for your patience and dedication. Alt er love. <3
● Basically, NRK has received complaints from the IFPI (International Federation of the Phonographic Industry) that the music rights they've secured for the show are being violated because of the huge international following.
● The agreements NRK has signed for the use of music in Skam give NRK the right to publish content just for Norwegians in Norway and abroad and not for international audiences.
● As of this morning, the episodes on the website and all individual clips have been geo-blocked until they figure something out.
Even is standing in the bathroom at the dorm with wet hair and a white shirt. Isak is standing in front of him and trying to tie his (Evens) tie. He’s fumbling and doesn’t seem that great at tying ties (even tho he, of course, said he was). Even smiles and stretches forward towards the sink to grab his beer. He takes a sip.
Isak: You have to stand still, baby.
Even (laughs): Evi?
Isak (doesn’t understand): evi?
Even: Did you call me evi?
Isak: I called you baby
Even (laughs): It sounded like you said evi.
Isak: Why would I call you evi?
Even: I don’t know, a nickname?
Isak: (laughs) A nickname? No…
Isak: (corrects the knot on the tie) Done
Even turns towards the mirror and looks at his tie, he smiles and kisses Isak
Even: Ready for party then
Isak: (takes a sip of his beer) Ready for 2017
Even: What are your wishes for the new year?
Isak: That Trump is deposited
Even: That’s kind of an asshole thing to say, considering he’s your uncle
Isak: I know, but he’s kind of an asshole himself, so I think he can handle it. What is your wish?
Even: For you to learn how to tie a tie
Isak: (laughs) Haha. Fuck you.
Even: (smiles and kisses Isak) No, I don’t wish for jackshit. Just for everything to stay like they are now.
(Isak smiles and kisses Even)
(Even pushes away Isak’s fringe)
Even: Happy new year, then - baby.
Isak: Happy new year, Evi.
On the same day, Henrik Holm posted this picture and everyone lost their damn minds.
* * *
Ulrikke Falch (aka Vilde) was a gem on both twitter and instagram. Go follow her.
They know pic.twitter.com/DSHZazenvW— ulrikke falch (@ulrikkefalch) 7 January 2017
@helossauro tell her. I think its time— ulrikke falch (@ulrikkefalch) 7 January 2017
* * *
The cast hung out together during the holidays:
henrik and tarjei with a fan today pic.twitter.com/0wkIrSgSR3— ISAK+EVEN (@ISAKxEVEN) 27 December 2016
* * *
Tarjei Sandvik Moe (aka Isak) can apparently also sing and play the guitar (b/c being that good at acting at 17 wasn't enough). Here he is performing some Radiohead at his school's Christmas concert.
* * *
Herman Tommeraas (aka Penetrator Chris) is heading to the army and probably won't be in season 4. Thirsty fangirls everywhere mourned for days. Obvs his 5 minutes of screentime throughout 3 seasons contributed so much to the show.
Going in the army, probably not gonna be very active for a while.— Herman Tommeraas (@HermanForReal) January 10, 2017
I'll be back soon tho, take care❤️
He also shaved his head which prompted another round of fangirl meltdowns.
UPDATE! I didn't shave my head all the way. pic.twitter.com/fkkY9tkGft— Herman Tommeraas (@HermanForReal) 11 January 2017
* * *
Fans have been stalking the cast hardcore for the past month and a half. International fans are even travelling to Oslo to meet the actors at their jobs/school and stuff and things got so ott that Hartvig Nissen (aka the school where Skam is filmed and that some of the cast members currently attend) had to close its doors to the public this week. Apparently, fans were roaming the halls and waiting for the actors by their lockers, so the headmaster had to intervene. Yikes.
* * *
Thomas Hayes (aka William) is errr... a DJ now? I hope leaving the show
* * *
Season 4 speculation:
It looks like it's going to be Sana. Julie Andem started following a few of Iman Meskini's (aka Sana) closest (Muslim) friends on instagram during the past week, so people are speculating that she's probably meeting with them for research/to discuss the themes of next season. Yay, fingers crossed!
With the kind of soundtrack the show has (awesome Spotify playlist here), this was to be expected, lbr. Hopefully, they'll come to an agreement before season 4 airs. Either way, it's the internet. They can't do much to stop the illegal viewing.
sources: twitter #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8
instagram #1, #2, #3, facebook
3 Doors Down and Toby Keith to perform at a Trump event at the Lincoln Memorial https://t.co/jlblIFpz4H— Pitchfork (@pitchfork) January 13, 2017
- After spinning the big wheel of semi to totally irrelevant 90s to mid 00s acts Donald Trump has managed to secure 3 Doors Down to perform at his ceremony.
- Ceremony will also feature artists like country singer Lee Greenwood and Toby Keith, broadway singer Jennifer Holliday, The Piano Guys, DJ RaviDrums and an appearance from actor Jon Voight
Since they've gone crazy will you still call them superman?
On rumors of an affair with Jamie: “We hate each other and we’re having an affair, so everybody’s right. How about that?”
On playing Ana Steele: “This woman is a badass. She’s hyperintelligent and hypersexual and very tough and very loving, and her character has so many different aspects that don’t normally make sense in one person. I tried to amplify them all.”