Articles on this Page
- 01/10/17--17:33: _Kirsten Dunst and J...
- 01/10/17--17:33: _Trevor Noah whines ...
- 01/10/17--17:42: _Camila Cabello reve...
- 01/10/17--17:43: _CBB Day 8: Austin l...
- 01/10/17--19:04: _Don't Expect Betty/...
- 01/10/17--21:20: _Teen Wolf 6x08 promo
- 01/10/17--21:55: _ANTM - Cycle 23 | E...
- 01/10/17--21:55: _"This Is Us" 1x12 P...
- 01/10/17--21:57: _r2 one of the 10 mo...
- 01/10/17--21:57: _Drake Breaks One of...
- 01/10/17--21:57: _Wonder Woman movie ...
- 01/10/17--21:59: _Steve Harvey Cannot...
- 01/11/17--06:09: _Lorde wants to form...
- 01/11/17--06:11: _It's game night on ...
- 01/11/17--06:11: _Seth Meyers Intervi...
- 01/11/17--06:48: _Billy Eichner and J...
- 01/11/17--07:01: _'Good Behavior' Sea...
- 01/11/17--07:08: _Natalie Portman on ...
- 01/11/17--07:13: _"Big Little Lies" c...
- 01/11/17--07:20: _Winter 2017 ABC TCA...
- 01/10/17--17:33: Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons are rumored to be engaged
- 01/10/17--17:33: Trevor Noah whines about Meryl Streep MMA comment
- 01/10/17--17:43: CBB Day 8: Austin loses his shit + one celeb walks!
- 01/10/17--19:04: Don't Expect Betty/Veronica in CW's Riverdale
- 01/10/17--21:20: Teen Wolf 6x08 promo
- 01/10/17--21:55: ANTM - Cycle 23 | Episode 5
- 01/10/17--21:55: "This Is Us" 1x12 Promo
- 01/10/17--21:57: r2 one of the 10 most anticipated albums of 2017
- 01/10/17--21:57: Drake Breaks One of Kanye West & Jay Z's Records
- 01/10/17--21:57: Wonder Woman movie villain confirmed
- 01/10/17--21:59: Steve Harvey Cannot Believe Anyone Would Like Asian Men
- 01/11/17--06:11: It's game night on the #RHOBH—and things get pretty dramatic!
- 01/11/17--07:01: 'Good Behavior' Season Finale Postmortem with Co-Creator Chad Hodge
- 01/11/17--07:08: Natalie Portman on the Pay Gap and Women Directors
- 01/11/17--07:13: "Big Little Lies" cast on the February cover(s) of Elle
- 01/11/17--07:20: Winter 2017 ABC TCA party
Page Six is reporting that the two got engaged over the Golden Globes weekend. The pair started dating in 2016 after Kirsten broke up with longtime boyfriend Garret Hedlund.
Kirsten and Jesse met when they played husband and wife on season two of Fargo. The two were spotted at the Austin airport, where Jesse has a home, over the holidays.
- Thinks it was a great speech except for the MMA part
- Says you don't have to shit on someone else's thing to prove a point
- Thinks Hollywood likes to celebrate itself for being progressive but still reinforces negative stereotypes like casting Middle Eastern actors as terrorists/black actors as slaves or gangsters
What other things you don't consider art, ONTD?
- "Especially with being a girl group, there’s been a lot of times where people have tried to sexualize us to just get more attention"
- "Unfortunately, sex sells. There’s definitely been times where there’s stuff that I have not been comfortable with"
- "There’s nothing wrong with showing sexuality. If you have that inside, it’s just an expression of who you are. If you want to share that with people, that’s amazing."
not surprised tbh :( and im so over ppl yelling "slut-shamer!!!" for critiquing the obvious oversexualization of these girls. they went from 0 to 130 too damn quick
-Austin totally went batshit crazy trying to the leave the house
-He went up against Stacy and James, telling Stacy that he didnt like her only to get pissed that she gets pissed
-BB has the mates play a game to find out who nominated them by making them put the name to a quote
-Someone leaves the house suddenly but this wont be seen until tomorrow
“There’s a group that very, very much wants it. It’s just in our show, they’re not romantically involved,” said actress Lili Reinhart (Betty Cooper) to Hollywood LIfe (Lol, I know) during winter TCAs. "They’re not sexually attracted". Or at least not in this variation of the story.
“They’re soulmates in a friends’ way. Our show is not meant to be fan fiction. We give them a taste of it when they kiss, but that’s all it is,” she said. “People love Beronica and they want to see them together, but that’s just not our show.”
At the panel, she and Camila Mendes (Veronica Lodge) commented on how Betty and Veronica will be friends and supportive of one another despite the love triangle.
"Our Betty isn't just the sweet girl next door; there's much more going on," Reinhart explained. "I feel like we're kind of breaking the barrier of saying you're either a Betty or a Veronica, because Veronica has a sweet, vulnerable side to her that we see in the show, and Betty has a darker side."
"I feel like they're trying to be a little more like the other, which I think is why those kinds of friendships are so interesting, the ones where you mirror each other," Mendes added.
"At the end of the day, these girls are friends, and that was majorly important to us starting the show," Reinhart said. "These girls, yes, they do have a problem at the beginning involving a certain someone, but these girls are so much better off as friends and as allies. We try not to pit these girls against each other. We don't see two girls that are actually just friends. They love each other and they really, really care about each other. "
That's not to say, as in any relationship there's going to be conflict, but I think the idea is that we're always going to try."
wasn't expecting it but lol at the fanfiction line given the direction of the show and things like Archie fucking a younger Ms. Grundy. Though considering the source, who knows how reliable this is
This season's so bad, you guys.
On this post: A personal style challenge, an avant garde photoshoot with Nicola Formichetti, and Rita Ora's Oscar-worthy acting skills. Stan ha!
The theme this week was 'Avant Garde' and Nicola Formichetti was in charge of the styling.
The challenge on Episode 5 consisted in the models presenting their personal style. Tatiana—Law Roach's lowkey fave—won the challenge and this entitled her to the entire Law x Zendaya shoe collection. I don't recall them using the collection's name, but it's called 'Daya by Zendaya' for those who care.
Onto the photoshoot! I don't recall them mentioning the photographer, but apparently it's Jack Waterlot (you're welcome).
THIS WEEK'S WINNER
Tyra Rita was appalled by the judges decision and she paused it in the bottom three dramatically, telling them that it was a 'mistake'. The other judges told her 'lol no sis. Majority won. Announce it already.' and thus, Krislian got to stay another week.
BOTTOM TWO LOSERS
In the end,
Tyra Rita apologized again, finally announcing Kyle as the one who got to stay in the competition. And none for Giah.
Kyle (Who fell on her ass after wearing some majestic high heels before the photoshoot)
THE REST OF THE CONTESTANTS
Are you watching this messy cycle?
• milesteller's eyes
• The ANTM Facebook Page - Binta, Cody, CoryAnne, Courtney, Giah, India, Krislian, Kyle, Marissa, Paige, Tatiana
"The Big Day"As the birth date of her triplets quickly approaches, a frazzled and emotional Rebecca forgets Jack's birthday. Dr. K struggles with the loss of his wife and wonders how he'll be able to continue on with his life without her. Joe - the firefighter who delivered baby Randall to the hospital - fights to save his marriage.
- idolator asked readers to cast votes on who’s album you are most excited for in the new year
- the results are officially in and the mogul-supermodel-megastar, rita ora, made it to top 3
YOU KNOW IT BOTS. 💃🏼💃🏼 https://t.co/0cUPtg6ta4— Rita Ora (@RitaOra) January 10, 2017
5. bebe rexha, a.y.f.
4. miley cyrus, tba
3. rita ora, tba
2. iggy azalea, digital distortion
1. lorde, tba
source / source2 for top 10
are you officially a bot now, ontd??
Sources: @MTV. @Drizzy.
When will y'all's favs?
-The big bad is none other than Ares (as if we didn't all suspect him)
-Zeus created man which helped give birth to Ares so Zeus created the Amazons to restore harmony but Ares inslaved them
-Zeus+Amazons went up against Ares which resulted in the death of Zeus
-Ares is interested in a deadly gas that could kill all of humanity since he is jealous of them
It all started when a fan posted a picture of the trio from when they performed at a fundraiser in New York City last month in support of homeless LGBTQ youth and LGBTQ equality. Lorde noticed the picture and tweeted the following:
Which prompted Charli XCX to tweet the following:
Carly followed up with:
Hell yes😎 https://t.co/KgXzvaR5xF— Carly Rae Jepsen (@carlyraejepsen) January 11, 2017
Bonus! Some user accused Charli of throwing shade at Camila when she commented about one of them leaving the group and she responded with the following:
@PopCrave lol wait, what? no i didn't. v excited for solo Camila. duh.— CHARLI XCX (@charli_xcx) January 10, 2017
Source: Twitter 123
So ONTD, are you here for this new underrated pop girl group? What two other pop girls can they add to make it the traditional 5-member group???
- Kim shows up at game night with the security tag still on her dress lmao yikes
- Dorito hits on the other new girl Eden, awkward because they look pretty much the same
- Eileen decides to bring up her Malibu conversation with Dorito and Pantygate.
- Pantygate is the new Munchausen
- Kim and Rinna end up fighting, as Rinna brings up Kim's arrest
- Anti-climatic af episode
not ms Eileen getting slightly (v slightly) interesting with her fight against the new flop Dorito. overall seems like this season is yet another boring mess. when is rhony coming back tbh???
“CNN had a report that the intelligence community briefed both the president and the president-elect with allegations that the Russian government has compromising information on President-elect Trump,” Meyers began, before asking Conway if she could “confirm or comment on the fact that the intelligence community has presented this to Donald Trump?”
“Well guess what hasn’t happened, Seth? Nobody has sourced it,” Conway argued. “They’re all unnamed, unspoken sources in the story, and it says it’s based on a Russian investigator to begin with, so we’re all—” And that’s when Meyers interrupted.
“I think it was based on an MI-6 British investigator,” he said.
Over the course of their 13-minute interview, Conway and Meyers also discussed Trump’s use of Twitter, his choice in potential cabinet appointments, and his decision to wait over two months before scheduling his first press conference as the president-elect. Meyers also wagered a bet regarding Trump’s still unseen tax returns.
James Corden guest stars on this weeks episode of Billy on the Street and they wanna make a viral video so badly, so they upgrade James' Carpool Karaoke to Billy's Curbside Conga Line.
ONTD, in a scale of Gabrielle Union's age defying beauty to Meryl Streep's Golden Globe speech, how much do you love Billy Eichner?
* We don't know if TNT will renew the show for a second season. (THOUGH THEY HAD DAMN WELL DO SO) But the writers have a second season mapped out.
* If we get a second season it'll start basically right on the heels of where tonight's episode ended with the sirens. (dun dun dunnnn?)
* Javier understands why Letty gave him up to the FBI to get custody of Jacob and even admires her for it. He loves her.
* If we get a second season, we will see Christian and Agent Lashever in it.
In a recent interview, Portman revealed that she was paid less than her male co-star in a film where she was a producer. “Ashton Kutcher was paid three times as much as me on No Strings Attached. I knew and I went along with it because there's this thing with ‘quotes’ in Hollywood. His [quote] was three times higher than mine so they said he should get three times more. I wasn't as pissed as I should have been. I mean, we get paid a lot, so it's hard to complain, but the disparity is crazy."
She also added that the disparity in Hollywood is especially bad compared to other professions. "Compared to men, in most professions, women make 80 cents to the dollar,” she added. “In Hollywood, we are making 30 cents to the dollar.”
For her upcoming film where she plays Ruth Bader Ginseurg, Portman insisted on a female director.
“I don't think women and men are more or less capable [as directors], we just have a clear issue with women not having opportunities,” she added. “We need to be part of the solution, not perpetuating the problem. As this story is specifically about gender discrimination, I was like, ‘How dare we not hire a female.’”
Hopefully this works out better than her previous attempts to get female directors on projects.
"Take two megawatt executive producers, Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman. Add a pair of Hollywood's most zeitgeisty twentysomethings, Shailene Woodley and Zoë Kravitz. Throw in a blockbuster novel about a group of upper-middle-class mothers of kindergartners roiled by sexual violence, class issues, ageism, and... murder! (That'd be Liane Moriarty's 2014 Big Little Lies.) The result is an HBO miniseries that, even in this big-budget, high-minded small-screen era, we've never seen before: a seven-part thriller that looks like a movie, feels like a movie—and packs enough woman power to populate the Oscars' front row—but grips like only episodic TV can."
On the importance of the deplorables:
As an artist, I feel more strongly than ever that my job on earth is to tell the stories of the invisibles, and women have been invisible on film for a long time. Women are wives and mothers and girlfriends, but not the center of our own stories. No one's the good guy; no one's the bad guy. We all do deplorable things and very honorable things.
On changing beauty standards:
Costumes, fashion, it's all an expression of self, and the more you push the boundaries— the more that people work at creating alternative ideas—the more it changes people's ideas of beauty. I love that people are going, Yeah, I love a hundred different kinds of beauty; it's not all the tall, skinny supermodel. Around the world, we have to find the beauty. Now more than ever, we're looking.
On shooting sex scenes in Big Little Lies:
So many of the bruises you see on me aren't fake. I had to do a shower scene where you would see a lot of them, and I asked them not to put makeup on me. It needed to be pretty raw and out there. There's certain choreography that you need for a scene like that, so that you don't actually get your cheekbone shattered, but a lot of the time, they'd say, "Oh, you can put some pads in your back," and I would say no, because you might be able to see them. I also felt that the nudity was a part of it. It wasn't about exploitation. It really feeds into their relationship. You really get their sexuality through that.
On her costar Shailene Woodley:
She's politically engaged, which is surprising for someone her age and in her career. She's very, very responsible. She's good at keeping her boundaries and standing up for herself. If she doesn't believe in something, she says so. I could probably have learned from that at her age. I don't think I stood up for myself in the same way she does. Reese and I have both said it: It's a whole different world now. When we were growing up, we were far more protected, but we weren't as empowered. We weren't connected through knowledge, which is what social media gives you.
On her "political" mother, Lisa Bonet:
She kind of stumbled into that world. It wasn't a conscious choice (a) to be an actress, (b) to be a famous actress, and (c) to be—she shook things up—a model for so many young women. The beautiful thing about her is that she just thought a certain way and lived her life that way.
There has to be something positive that can come out of [the election]. Already it's helped me want to connect with everybody. When I go to the deli or I'm talking to a waiter or my Uber driver and they say, "How are you?," I've answered in an honest way for the first time. Like, "Oof." Even that felt good. Let's let everything come to the surface, even with people we come in contact with for a moment. This situation can help us be a little bit more awake with each other.
On the political climate in Hollywood:
It's hard to talk about politics in a Hollywood world. I learned that really quickly. But after the California primaries, when Bernie Sanders lost—and I'm not saying he should have won—I knew that Trump was going to win. Because I'd been on the ground for months, and we would be in small cities in America and big cities in America, and Bernie would get tens of thousands of people at his rallies. And then Trump would come and he'd get the same numbers. But Hillary would only have a few hundred people at her fundraisers. It doesn't matter how much more you have in your bank; if 50,000 people show up to your opponents' rallies and you only have a few hundred people, it says a lot about what the people of America are ready to do. I grieved all of this months ago, whereas most people are grieving it now.
On the importance of knowing self-worth:
When it comes to sexuality, sensuality, self-representation, self-nurturance—America fails in those departments. Women like Nicole [Kidman] trailblaze these paths of self-love and self-recognition. Not from a pretentious place or a greedy place, but from a place of knowing that in order to help those around you, and in order to even be a good actress and a good mother at the same time, you have to know your worth.
Isaiah Mustafa, Katherine McNamara, Emeraude Toubia and Dominic Sherwood arrive at the 2017 Winter TCA Tour - Disney/ABC held at Langham Hotel on January 10, 2017 in Pasadena
Matt Cohen, Laura Wright, Donnell Turner, Michelle Stafford
Tracee Ellis Ross