Articles on this Page
- 12/23/16--10:37: _2016’s biggest film...
- 12/23/16--10:37: _The Lego Batman Mov...
- 12/23/16--10:52: _Cristiano Ronaldo m...
- 12/23/16--11:07: _UK's Official Chart...
- 12/23/16--11:42: _Viola Davis to rece...
- 12/23/16--11:42: _Keke Palmer tells o...
- 12/23/16--11:46: _Britney releases Sl...
- 12/23/16--11:51: _Taraji P. Henson, O...
- 12/23/16--13:49: _Bachelor Nick comme...
- 12/23/16--13:50: _The Origins of Fest...
- 12/23/16--13:50: _Carrie Fisher repor...
- 12/23/16--15:02: _The Rockettes Now H...
- 12/23/16--15:02: _Oprah Made $77 Mill...
- 12/23/16--15:02: _Fifth Harmony's Nor...
- 12/23/16--15:03: _New look at Pennywi...
- 12/23/16--16:00: _Free For All Friday
- 12/23/16--19:07: _Brit Marling Reveal...
- 12/23/16--19:38: _People butthurt tha...
- 12/23/16--20:00: _Ellen Pompeo Respon...
- 12/23/16--20:17: _How Fifth Harmony W...
- 12/23/16--10:37: 2016’s biggest films that passed the Bechdel Test
- 12/23/16--10:37: The Lego Batman Movie Character Posters!
- Little Mix are having a great Christmas week. Not only their second single Touch went from #23 to #4 on the Official Chart this week, but their fourth album Glory Days went back to #2 and received the Platinum certification for selling over 300k copies in the UK, just five weeks after being released.
- Louis Tomlinson and Steve Aoki went from #2 to #3 this week, but they're still doing pretty well with their song.
- In the US, they entered Billboard's Hot 100 at #52.
- Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You is still everyone's favorite Christmas song, so it jumped to #5 this week.
- Other updates: Clean Bandit remains #1 with Rockabye.
- Zara Larsson is #6 with I Would Like.
- Taylor Swift and Zayn are #19 with I Don't Wanna Live Forever.
- After the most bizarre Twitter war between Little Mix and Rangers' stans this past week, Glad All Over by The Dave Clark Five ended up at #31.
I hope Joe Garner stans are crying right now.
- 12/23/16--11:42: Viola Davis to receive 2017's first star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- 12/23/16--11:42: Keke Palmer tells off Charlie Puth for putting Bella Thorne on blast
- 12/23/16--11:46: Britney releases Slumber Party remixes + shows you how to work (out)
- 12/23/16--13:50: Carrie Fisher reportedly suffers heart attack in airplane
- 12/23/16--15:02: The Rockettes Now Have the Right to Refuse to Perform for Trump
- 12/23/16--15:02: Fifth Harmony's Normani Kordei Working On Solo Music
- 12/23/16--15:03: New look at Pennywise from Stephen King's It
- 12/23/16--16:00: Free For All Friday
- She's giving out books from brazilian author Clarice Lispector. The surprise is what book or facial feature on the cover they'll get.
- About her preparation to play a bling character in the new Netflix series 'The OA':“I spent some time following this really amazing man who went blind when he was in his late teens. Learning to navigate the world in a different way and through a different set of your senses was a great backdoor to the psychology of the character. It was a massive undertaking. I think because we spent so much time writing this story, and certainly a lot of time conceiving the world and all the characters, it allowed me to have some prep work done upfront. Once it was time to for me to actually portray this character, there was already a lot of groundwork that was there.”
- 12/23/16--19:38: People butthurt that Octavia Spencer is playing God in 'The Shack'
- 12/23/16--20:00: Ellen Pompeo Responds to Criticism For Using Brown-Skinned Emojis
- Pompeo said the outrage was crazy and acknowledged that she took the focus off the actual topic.
- With her husband being black and the biracial children they share, Pompeo has raised her voice against racial discrimination. "You do realize...being married to a black man and having black children can make you a target from racist white people right? That's a thing."
- She apologized to anyone she may have offended.
- 12/23/16--20:17: How Fifth Harmony Will Sound Without Camila
To pass the Bechdel test the bar is set really low: the film needs at least two female characters (with a name) who talk to each other about something other than men.
The list of 2016 films includes the highest-grossing ones (10) as well as 10 of the most buzzed about films (lists at the source). Out of those, 11 pass the test: Finding Dory, Civil War, Zooptopia, Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, Fantastic Beasts, Ghostbusters, Moana, Rogue One, X-Men Apocalypse, and Bad Moms.
In 13 of these films, the women portrayed are either independent women who rely on their own strength and intelligence to achieve their goals, and their well-being doesn't depend on being saved by a man.
Only 7 movies (Suicide Squad, Ghostbusters, Moana, Moonlight, Rogue One, Civil War, and Apocalypse) had women of color with speaking roles.
In all of 20 films, women were straight and cis, meaning no LGBT representation.
In a video message posted on his official Twitter account, the Portugal captain said: "This is for the children of Syria. We know that you have been suffering a lot. I am a very famous player, but you are the true heroes. Don't lose your hope. The world is with you. We care about you. I am with you."
Save the Children says Ronaldo's "generous donation" will fund food, clothing and medical care for families in Aleppo and across Syria.
"We are tremendously grateful for his life-changing support. Ronaldo is not only one of the world's most iconic sports figures, but he also has become a beacon of hope for millions of boys and girls worldwide -- and hope is something that Syria's children need now more than ever."
This song's 22 years old, you know. It's spent more than a year and a half, in total, on the #OfficialChart. OooOOOH, BABY!— BBC Radio 1 (@BBCR1) December 23, 2016
sources: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7
First star of the new year will be for actress Viola Davis who will be honored on January 5. See https://t.co/XhICVh9yXQ for more details.— Ana Martinez (@wofstargirl) 19 December 2016
After Charlie Puth decided to tweet about Bella Thorne cheating on Tyler Posey with him, Keke Palmer clapped back at him.
C'mon, let's have eachother's backs. 🙏🏾— 👑 K e k e 👑 (@KekePalmer) December 22, 2016
@YoliisOnline Don't be a follower. Cause we both know you don't know either of them & I do.— 👑 K e k e 👑 (@KekePalmer) December 22, 2016
@youfeenmylife No sweetheart I don't because you're wrong. The internet has a problem of having information not all the way right.— 👑 K e k e 👑 (@KekePalmer) December 23, 2016
Or defend my friend publicly since she's being attacked publicly. Cause that's normal friend shit lol. Nice try tho. https://t.co/myzlUWPya3— 👑 K e k e 👑 (@KekePalmer) December 23, 2016
Your fave song of the year just got some hot new remixes!
The remixes are also available on Britney's Youtube page.
Here's some workout inspo for you for the new year:
Finally, Britney has been named Woman of the Year by the British tabloid, The Sun.
Source 1: https://twitter.com/britneyspears/status/812317020092035072
Source 2: https://www.youtube.com/user/BritneySpearsVEVO/videos
Source 3: https://www.instagram.com/britneyspears/
Source 4: https://twitter.com/danwootton/status/811610201623330818
- bachelor fan jennifer aniston previously made a prediction about who the final 4 of nick's season would be on jimmy kimmel
- nick thinks this is reflective of how being a bachelor fan used to be embarrassing and is now more socially acceptable: "I think in the past, being a Bachelor fan was like a guilty pleasure, and now it's cool, almost. You know? You have celebrities as fans, and I think that's kind of a fascinating thing. It's neat."
- jen is a fan of nick's and wants him to find love
rachel, 31, attorney
corinne, 24, business owner
liz, 29, doula
danielle, 31, neonatal nurse
do you think any of these girls will win, ontd?
Here's the origin story of Festivus, the Festival for the rest of us https://t.co/rHgI9uMv0T— TIME (@TIME) December 23, 2016
- Seinfeld writer Dan O’Keefe’s father invented the holiday when O’Keefe was about eight years old.
- When some of the other writers found out about Festivus, they told him to work it into an episode so he could share the hilarity and weirdness with the rest of the world.
HAPPY FESTIVUS ONTD!!!! Air your grievances!
-Airport police confirmed medical emergency , but gave no names.
-Report comes from TMZ
OMG, hope she'll be ok.
Some members of the Radio City Rockettes balked at performing at Donald Trump's inauguration next month, but they were informed they were contractually forbidden to refuse and should consider it an "honor". In an email sent to all of the dancers by The American Guild of Variety Artists, they were told:
"We must remind you that you are all employees, and as a company, Mr. Dolan obviously wants The Rockettes to be represented at our country's Presidential inauguration, as they were in 2001 & 2005. Any talk of boycotting this event is invalid, I'm afraid."
"We have been made aware of what is going on Facebook and other social media, however, this does not change anything unless Radio City has a change of heart.The ranting of the public is just that, ranting. It is a job, and all of you should consider it an honor, no matter who is being sworn in. The election is over and this country will not survive if it remains divided.
Everyone is entitled to her own political beliefs, but there is no room for this in the workplace...Doing the best performance to reflect an American Institution which has been here for over 90 years is your job. I hope this pulls into focus the bottom line on this work."
After the email was released by Broadwayworld.com Friday morning, Madison Square Garden quickly sent out an email saying the performance is "voluntary", but that most Rockettes want to perform:
"The Radio City Rockettes are proud to participate in the 58th Presidential Inaugural. For a Rockette to be considered for an event, they must voluntarily sign up and are never told they have to perform at a particular event, including the inaugural. It is always their choice. In fact, for the coming inauguration, we had more Rockettes request to participate than we have slots available. We eagerly await the inaugural celebrations."
- Oprah eats bread, pasta, and tacos
- Still lost over 40 pounds using Weight Watchers
- Her new ad campaign boosted Weight Watchers shares 17%
- Oprah owns 6.4 million shares of the company (current valuation of $77m - up $10m in a day)
- Other investors weren't so lucky, because O's involvement was priced into the stock at every step, which couldn't offset tepid revenues
- People don't wanna pay WW, cause this shit's out there for free
Do you have any incentive to lose fat?
Fifth Harmony's choreographer Sean Bankhead (worked for Missy Elliott& more recently Fox's new show "Star") left a comment on some instagram account (theindustryonblast) making us believe that Normani is currently working on her own music.
"itsbankhead Wait til you hear her OWN music, won't be saying she's the weakest after that!"
Normani reached #24 at Billboard Social 50 Chart for her Drake mashup, which is pretty good considering it's for a cover only available on youtube
UPDATE | Normani reached No. 24 at Billboard Social 50 Chart pic.twitter.com/xcNws88uZO— Normani Updates (@NormaniUpdate) December 21, 2016
sources: tiob x normaniu
A new image of Pennywise for the upcoming It film has been released.
I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend!
No porn, nudes, spam, fighting, advertising, dickishness, huge browser slowing comments.
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
What gifts did you bought for the holidays, ONTD? Let's talk about that mess of a show called 'The OA'? What books have you been reading lately? Happy Holidays, btw!
Some church leaders have spoken out against the movie says that Spencer's portrayal is a "pretentious caricature of God as a heavy set, cushy, non-judgmental, African American woman called ‘Papa’ — who resembles the New Agey Oprah Winfrey far more than the one true God".
They also have a problem with Sumire Matsubara portraying the Holy Spirit, stating that the character has a Hindu name and that she is too frail for the role.
They claim that the film "lends itself to a dangerous and false image of God and idolatry" and are calling for religious people not to see it.The Shack opens up against both Logan and the sequel to Trainspotting so a lot of people probably won't be seeing it regardless.
Source 1 and 2
The tweet in question:
Source 1, Source 2
I think the brown-skinned emojis were unnecessary but Pompeo certainly meant well.
This is what Fourth Harmony sounds like: https://t.co/Txpl26q9cX— MTV News (@MTVNews) December 22, 2016
YouTube user RHaul remixed the group's latest single "That's My Girl" so that Camila's voice is erased from the track.
billboard is pushing so many stories of kkkarla being the victim because her manager (who's creepy as fuck) is related to an executive there. they are trying to paint the whole situation as a "4vs1" when it's their label who've been working against the 4 girls since the beginning in order to push her solo career.
i hope karma bites her ass
ops: karla is camila first name
sources: mtv x youtube