Articles on this Page
- 12/15/16--17:57: _"Haters Back Off" r...
- 12/15/16--18:00: _Twelve Days of ONTD...
- 12/15/16--19:50: _Unsolved Mysteries ...
- 12/15/16--20:01: _rita ora's antm top...
- 12/15/16--20:13: _Jennifer Lawrence a...
- 12/16/16--05:21: _'All I Want for Chr...
- 12/16/16--08:58: _Celebrities give ad...
- 12/16/16--09:15: _Falsettos Revival C...
- 12/16/16--09:16: _Margaret Cho Got a ...
- 12/16/16--09:19: _ONTD ORIGINAL: Opra...
- 12/16/16--09:28: _Batshit Russian Rea...
- 12/16/16--09:43: _johnny weir talks y...
- 12/16/16--09:58: _ONTD Roundup
- 12/16/16--10:45: _Trailer for "Mary a...
- 12/16/16--10:45: _Rooney Mara and Jon...
- 12/16/16--10:46: _Taylor Swift | Zayn...
- 12/16/16--11:09: _Rob Kardashian Show...
- 12/16/16--11:09: _Snatched Offficial ...
- 12/16/16--11:59: _The Hives for Musik...
- 12/16/16--12:09: _Marvel's Fireside V...
- 12/15/16--17:57: "Haters Back Off" renewed for a second season on Netflix
- Colleen Ballinger, the actress/comedian/singer behind Miranda Sings, took to YouTube and Twitter to announce that her Netflix show Haters Back Off got renewed for a second season.
- Colleen and her brother Chris are also the creators and executive producers of the show.
- 12/15/16--18:00: Twelve Days of ONTD: Day 11
- 12/15/16--19:50: Unsolved Mysteries is coming to streaming services!!!!!
- 12/15/16--20:01: rita ora's antm tops last season's ratings
- 12/16/16--05:21: 'All I Want for Christmas' Carpool Karaoke
- 12/16/16--08:58: Celebrities give advice to their younger selves
- 12/16/16--09:15: Falsettos Revival Cast Recording Gets The Beyoncé Drop
- Margaret Cho got a call from Tilda Swinton, who didn'tunderstand why people were mad at her over the Doctor Strange casting controversy.
- Cho makes sure Swinton knows she never should have taken the role.
- Swinton responded with she was producing movie which had The Walking Dead's Steven Yeun in it (!!!!!!), thus pulling out the Hollywood equivalent of "I have a black friend."
- Swinton told Cho not to tell anyone about the conversation. Margaret doesn't give a fuck.
- 12/16/16--09:28: Batshit Russian Reality Show To Allow Rape And Murder
- 12/16/16--09:43: johnny weir talks yuri!!! on ice
- 12/16/16--09:58: ONTD Roundup
- Donald Trump taps Sylvester Stallone for "arts" position in his administration
- Scott Baio Allegedly Attacked by Wife of RHCP Drummer
- WWE Wrestler posts picture of his Christmas tree... doesn't notice porn is on TV in the shot
- Official Trailer for 'Kedi'
- Passengers movie reviews are BAD – Is this Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt’s first bomb?
- Ryan Reynolds Honored With Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Twelve Days of ONTD: Day 11
- 12/16/16--10:45: Rooney Mara and Jonah Hill in talks to join new Gus Van Sant drama
- 12/16/16--10:46: Taylor Swift | Zayn - I Don't Want to Live Forever (Lyric Video)
- 12/16/16--11:09: Rob Kardashian Showers Blac Chyna With Money
- 12/16/16--11:09: Snatched Offficial Trailer 1 (2017)
- 12/16/16--11:59: The Hives for Musikhjälpen
How do you enter? All you have to do is comment! We'll be randomly selecting winners from the comments section. To keep it fair, you can only win once, but you can comment as much as you'd like, which increases your chances of winning.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND GOOD LUCK!
- rita ora's antm opened with better ratings than season 22
- the mogul-supermodel-megastar's show outperformed the last season's premiere, as well as the season's finale
- the monday night’s premiere drew 1.7 million total viewers
- last season's premiere only drew 1.15 million viewers
The gift that keeps on giving: Passengers promo! Highlights:
- The stars are trying their hardest to convince people this movie is perfect: "...critics are saying [Passengers] is the greatest movie in the history of time."
- Pratt talks about where he's from and Jen falls asleep
- Is Chris Pratt dead? "Only on the inside," he says.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Quitting Hollywood? (Which one of you searched this?)
I added the source link, sorry! YouTube comments are trash as usual, w/ the most liked comments asking about the fappening. Ugh :/
James caps off 2016 with a Christmas edition of Carpool Karaoke featuring Mariah Carey, Adele, Lady Gaga and other guests throughout the year to sing Mariah's classic "All I Want for Christmas Is You."
This was adorable! I love AIWFCY more and more every year
Seth Meyers:"Don't get a day job"
Nicole Kidman:"Be happy"
Emma Stone: "Stop with the self tanner"
Reese Witherspoon:"Not to wear tan hose"
Victoria Beckham: "Your skin is going to clear up and it's all going to be fine"
Taylor Swift: "You're going to date just like a normal twenty-something should be allowed to, but you're going to be a national lightning rod for slut shaming"
James Corden: "That it's just school, it'll be over soon, and a lot of those people are just dicks"
Kendall Jenner:"Don't wear that"
ONTD, what advice would you give your younger self?
y'all, this CAST
LOL JESUS WEPT.
It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Getting gift for people is tough. What do you get the brother that has everything he can ever want? What do you get your aunt that has the latest version of any technology?
Luckily, Neiman Marcus and God herself, Oprah, who is famous for having a TV show, being the richest person in the world basically, and having her own magazine, has compiled a list of presents that you can buy your loved ones!
Pop quiz, hotshot. You're supposed to be rich enough to afford these things but you were too busy reading Playdude to realize that you're broke. What do you do? What do you do?
Luckily for you, I am keeping tradition alive by compiling a list showing you what the holiday spirit means to Neiman Marcus and the not so expensive equivalentb.
For Your Niece:
CURATED COLLECTION OF 36 CALDECOTT MEDAL—WINNING CHILDREN'S BOOKS
Give your niece this lovely collection of 36 first edition children's books! Books like Jumanji, My Friend Rabbit, and The Polar Express can collect dust and crayon marks for absolutely reasonable price of 100,000 clams.
A LIBRARY CARD
There's nothing quite like going irl outside to the library and borrowing the above mentioned children's books with your niece and showing her the great books you grew up with! Maybe the two of you can discover books you both may like!
For Your Mom:
OPRAH'S POINSETTIA FLOWER POT CAKE
When you're completely out of ideas to what to get for your mom, get her what every mother wants. Food. While the flowers are edible, there's nothing that says "I put in little effort into buying you a present so I got you this expensive ass cake."
MAKE YOUR OWN
Make a cake for your mom since getting her anything else is apparently not an option? It's not hard to bake a cake. You can even use boxed cake and frosting! Your mom would understand because if you're getting her a cake, her expectations for you are way down there. Or lie to her.
For Your Uncle
EIGHT INCH SALT AND PEPPER MILLS
Price: $38, each
Your uncle only eat the finest of pepper, taken only from God's garden in Peru and Vietnam. Pepper that robust needs only the finest pepper mill. Luckily for your uncle, Le Creuset offers this pepper mill that has been obviously sharpened by Excalibur itself.
MORTON AND MCCORMACK SALT AND PEPPER SHAKERS
Send a passive aggressive message to your uncle to invest in real spices.
For Your Sister:
DE'LONGHI LIVENZA ALL DAY GRILL
Get your little sister this grill, it's perfect for dorm life! While it replaces three different appliances and can make great Belgian waffles with the recipe she got from her Belgian classmate, she's just gonna use it to make quesadillas and maybe warm up last night's pizza that was left out overnight but then again she can't be bothered to warm up pizza because she's so hung over. Maybe a grilled cheese to impress that girl she's trying to holler at that's passed out on her couch. Nah, room temp pizza is fine.
HAMILTON BEACH BREAKFAST SANDWICH MAKER
Because your sister was never going to make those waffles anyway and she's hungry and broke (like you!) and the football team lost so she can't get that free sandwich from McDo.
For your Wife:
EXCLUSIVE GRAMMY AWARDS EXPERIENCE
Tell your wife you hate her by sending her to the Grammys. On the bright side, she will see tons of musical celebrities, like Rihanna, Britney Spears, something called Pentatonix, Bruno Mars, and Justin Timberlake for some reason.
LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE
Price: Not 500,000 dollars.
Seriously, you hate her?
Source/Links to Buy!
NM- Children's Book
Find Your Local Library
Oprah's Poinsettia Pot Cake
Oprah's Salt and Pepper Mills
Salt and Pepper Shakers
Oprah's All Day Grill
Hamilton Beach Sandwich Maker
NM- Grammy Experience
Anything else for your wife
- Game2: Winter will strand 30 contestants in the -104F (-40C) [sic] Siberian wilderness for nine months with the surviving winner receiving a $1.6m prize. It will stream 24/7 online.
- “Each contestant gives consent that they could be maimed, even killed,” reads an advert. “2000 cameras, 900 hectares and 30 lives. Everything is allowed. Fighting, alcohol, murder, rape, smoking, anything.”
- Contestants will each sign a waiver acknowledging that they might be raped or killed but the rules also state that police are free to arrest anyone who commits a crime on the show. “You must understand that the police will come and take you away,” the rules state. “We are on the territory of Russia, and obey the laws of the Russian Federation.”
- Contestants will be placed in a landscape where bears and wolves are likely to be living. According to the Siberian Times, knives will be allowed yet guns are forbidden. The show is the brainchild of entrepreneur Yevgeny Pyatkovsky who says he “will refuse any claim of participants even if they were to be killed or raped”.
- There won’t be a crew but rather 2,000 cameras dotted around the area. Each contestant will also have their own personal recording device. Willing participants need to be 18 and “mentally sane” to compete.
- “The show promises to be international,” Pyatkovsky said. “Five countries have already expressed the desire to broadcast it for their audiences.”
- He claims that 60 people have already applied, including one American.
+ Yuri on Ice has become the unexpected smash hit online; a sports anime that delves into the high-pressure world of professional figure skating, offers multifaceted characters with believable motivations and flaws, and delicately wove throughout the first season a respectfully handled, beautifully portrayed LGBT love story and it’s been a surprise hit among professional figure skaters as well.
Director Sayo Yamamoto credited you for capturing their interest in figure skating with your performance of Poker Face, and you’ve clearly been an inspiration to the story itself. How did it feel seeing the show pay tribute to you by having Victor at the top of the podium in a version of a costume you’d designed for the 2006 Olympics, and the flower crown you sported at the 2010 Olympics?
[...] I am very honored that the production team has taken some inspiration not just from me, but from the skating world. There are so many details that pop up that wouldn’t mean anything to a casual skating fan, but to us as skaters who actually lived it, you can see so much respect for our world and what we do through the animations and story lines. Even down to the way certain hotels look. It’s very special.
You stated on Twitter that things would have been different for you as a 20-something skater, with a show like Yuri on Ice on the air. Now we’re seeing current competitors and legends like yourself embrace the show. Do you think that the show’s LGBT themes and depiction of a world where queer athletes are celebrated for their abilities without bias could have an impact on the culture surrounding figure skating?
[...] I think all positive imagery of LGBT themes in sport are good. Unfortunately, the majority of people that rule the skating world are conservative and more business minded. I think many of them, while they may love and appreciate the art and the sport, are more interested in the business side of things or power trips. I don’t know if “Yuri on Ice” will be able to change the perception of gay athletes to a 60 year old businessman, but I am of the school of thought that every little bit helps.
When I was competing, despite being very gay, I wanted my skating to speak for itself and have it judged purely on merit not on the circus that is me. Being gay had as much to do with my performances as muscle cars or giraffes. I dedicated my life to my sport and wanted to be judged and appreciated for my performances alone. I like seeing that quality from Yuri-kun too.
+ You can catch Johnny on NBC Sports at the real Grand Prix Final on December 18, before tuning in for Yuri’s GPF during the finale on December 21.
sources:twitter / full interview
For Thursday, December 15, 2016:
Veteran filmmakers of Studio Ghibli create "Mary and the Witch's Flower" under Studio Ponoc. "Mary" follows a girl after she discovers a witch's broom in the woods and is based on Mary Stewart's "The Little Broomstick."
"Mary" is to be released Summer of 2017.
- The film is called “Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far on Foot,” a biopic on quadriplegic cartoonist John Callahan
- Joaquin Phoenix is set to play him
- Iconoclast and Anonymous Content are producing the film, which is based on Callahan’s autobiography of the same name
- Hollywood has been trying to adapt the book since its publication in 1989, with the late Robin Williams circling the role of Callahan
- Charles-Marie Anthonioz (Spring Breakers, The Double), Mourad Belkeddar, and Nicolas Lhermitte will produce the movie for Iconoclast and Steve Golin (The Revenant, Spotlight, Mr. Robot) for Anonymous Content
- A little info about John Callahan: He was a cartoonist famous for his taboo topics, he became a paralyzed in a car accident at age 21 and turned to drawing as a form of therapy. His work was published in the New Yorker, Penthouse, and Playboy before his death in 2010.
You can also now follow both of Blac Chyna's children DreamandKing
on Instagram! As you can see, Dream follows both of her parents and King only follows Blac Chyna.
Does your man throw money at you while y'all are high and fucked up?
Sveriges Radio about the event:
Musikhjälpen is a Swedish week long live radio and TV broadcast. The mission is to create awarness and raise money for a humanitarian cause.
Musikhjälpen is held for one week in the middle of December, broadcasted around the clock for seven days. Each year, three famous personalities host the show, broadcasted from a glass house studio located at a public space in a Swedish city. This year the program is hosted by comedian Kodjo Akolor and musicians Pelle "Howlin' Pelle" Almqvist from The Hives and Josefine "Little Jinder" Jinder. The audience request songs, donating money to the cause while doing so. There are also a vast number of initiatives held around Sweden, each one with the mission to collect money to the cause; Musikhjälpen engage thousands upon thousands of people each year.
Artists and celebrities also visit the studio to perform music, as well as auctioning off various items.
Keeping children in education during wars and other emergencies is a life-saving priority for children and their families.
That’s not just our view: families themselves consistently prioritise education at times of crisis. They know that it helps their children to keep some sense of normality in otherwise stressful circumstances, and improves the prospects for recovery and longer-term wellbeing.
But right now more than 75 million children and young people (aged 3-18) are out of school in 35 crisis-affected countries. And less than 2% of global humanitarian aid goes towards education.
Even when children are able to access education in conflict-affected countries there are huge challenges – like overcrowded classrooms, lack of teachers and resources, and violence in or on-route to school.
At War Child we see protecting children’s right to education as a central part of our response to a crisis.
Education provides physical and psychosocial protection that can save and sustain lives.
From War Child
It is possible to donate from outside of Sweden through this link. Donations can be made by VISA and MasterCard. Choose amount to donate (in SEK) and press the pink button. Fill in your card number, month and year, and CVC/CVV number, then press the green button. Thank you for your support!
Previous years themes and donations
Children are not for sale
12 236 417 SEK
Every girl have the right to go to school
18 104 362 SEK
The children in the slums have the right to clean water.
23 301 823 SEK
Every girls right to survive their pregnancy
28 426 046 SEK
Help us prevente the spread of HIV
30 489 975 SEK
No one should have to escape the climate
31 105 000 SEK
- Yule log programming dates back to the 1960s when a NYC television station aired a two hour loop of a crackling fireplace with accompanying Christmas music. For those who don't have the cozy joy of a real fireplace.
- still fairly popular. Lots of videos on youtube and some on Netflix
- Marvel has created their own videos of the homes of popular characters.
- each character gets 2 vids: one of their living room and one close up
Captain America's Brooklyn Apartment
Guardians of the Galaxy "energy orb"
Ms. Marvel's New Jersey Home
More Vids Here
Thought this was pretty dang cute. I love yule log videos. :)