Articles on this Page
- 11/29/16--01:33: _Caitlyn Jenner rele...
- 11/29/16--13:49: _New Nashville seaso...
- 11/29/16--13:49: _Al Pacino was nearl...
- 11/29/16--14:38: _The best Christmas ...
- 11/29/16--14:38: _Hyoyeon of Girls Ge...
- 11/29/16--14:38: _Billboard Hot 100 c...
- 11/29/16--14:54: _Lady Gaga Paris Rou...
- 11/29/16--15:19: _AAFCA declares 2016...
- 11/29/16--15:47: _Hollywood executive...
- 11/29/16--18:15: _Robert Griffin III'...
- 11/29/16--18:16: _Alanna Masterson ca...
- 11/29/16--18:16: _Arrow 5x08 "Invasio...
- 11/29/16--18:17: _Doug Jones & Anthon...
- 11/29/16--18:17: _Amanda Seyfried is ...
- 11/29/16--18:24: _Ben McKenzie and Mo...
- 11/29/16--18:31: _Philanthropic Queen...
- 11/29/16--18:32: _Joe Jonas fills in ...
- 11/29/16--18:33: _George RR Martin is...
- 11/29/16--18:43: _Netflix's first Bra...
- 11/29/16--18:50: _Vikings Update: The...
- 11/29/16--01:33: Caitlyn Jenner releasing memoir in spring 2017
- 11/29/16--13:49: New Nashville season 5 promo
- 11/29/16--13:49: Al Pacino was nearly fired from 'The Godfather'; the rest is history
- 11/29/16--14:38: The best Christmas specials of all time
- 11/29/16--14:38: Hyoyeon of Girls Generation "Mystery" teaser
- 11/29/16--14:38: Billboard Hot 100 chart round-up for the week of December 10, 2016
- 11/29/16--14:54: Lady Gaga Paris Roundup
- 11/29/16--15:19: AAFCA declares 2016 the best year for blacks in film. Ever.
- 11/29/16--15:47: Hollywood executive producer named Trump's Treasury Secretary
- 11/29/16--18:15: Robert Griffin III's ex-wife drags him on Twitter
- 11/29/16--18:16: Alanna Masterson calls out bodyshaming on Instagram
- 11/29/16--18:16: Arrow 5x08 "Invasion!" 100th Episode promo
- 11/29/16--18:17: Amanda Seyfried is Pregnant
- 11/29/16--18:24: Ben McKenzie and Morena Baccarin Are Engaged!
- 11/29/16--18:31: Philanthropic Queen Katy Perry May Be Engaged To Orlando Bloom
- 11/29/16--18:43: Netflix's first Brazilian production (3%) deserves its chance
- Approximately six years following his defeat in Paris, Ragnar returns home to a changed world. The once small farming town is now a bustling city, and his sons have grown from children into young men. But the biggest change is that those who once worshipped Ragnar and thought of him as a god now despise him after learning the truth about the destruction of the Wessex settlement.
- His closest allies - Floki, Lagertha, and people - have their own agendas now. It's a rude awakening for them and they have to balance their feelings towards him with the general feeling of betrayal that a lot of people feel, including the sons. Ragnar's reappearance in Kattegatt inspires mixed feelings in his family, who are more interested in forging their own paths than following his.
- Most of Ragnar's sons refuse to join Ragnar as he returns to Wessex to confront King Ecbert, leaving his crippled son Ivar as Ragnar's only ally on this dangerous new journey.
- Every time Lagertha sees Ragnar, it's a painful reminder of everything she lost when Aslaug showed up with her and Ragnar's unborn child. And so it's fitting that Ragnar resurfaces to see Lagertha one last time before she finally makes her move to reclaim her home.
- Lagertha will launch a full-blown attack on Aslaug this season, which essentially means an attack on Kattegatt.
- Lagertha will have Astrid by her side, a confident young woman and her latest lover -- although Hirst is hesitant to label Lagertha as gay or bisexual. Instead, Hirst says Lagertha's relationship with Astrid is founded on her feelings of security around women, as opposed to being sexually attracted to them.
- One of the few sons who's happy to see Ragnar back in Kattegatt, Bjorn's joy is short-lived once the Seer warns that he'll soon be cursing the day his father returned. But Bjorn refuses to let this dark knowledge distract him from following through on his plans to sail the Mediterranean.
- With Floki and Helga by his side, Bjorn sets off to lead his first major expedition. However, in order to reach his destination, Bjorn must sail past the Frankish coast, and thus, he must gain Rollo's permission if he wants to proceed without bloodshed.
- Unfortunately, Rollo's leverage over Bjorn is too powerful to deny, which is why Bjorn ultimately accepts his uncle's compromise: Bjorn and his crew may sail through the Frankish territory, but only if Rollo goes with them. But ever his father's son, Bjorn knows when to roll over and play dead -- and when to get his revenge. So just because Bjorn agrees to sail with Rollo, don't believe that means he's agreed to forgive him.
- Finally out from under his brother's shadow, Rollo has settled into his new life as a duke, a husband and a father of three. Yet despite gaining everything he desired, Rollo realizes that his new life hasn't made him forget his old.
- "He's gone on this wonderful, huge journey. He's become someone else," Hirst says. "But what he discovers in Season 4 is you can never take the Viking out of people. Deep down in his soul, he is still a Viking and he has to deal with that."
- Rollo doesn't hesitate to use his leverage over Bjorn to secure a spot on his nephew's ship, much to the chagrin of his wife Gisla, who threatens that Rollo may not have a home to return to if he leaves it now. And so Rollo betrays his family once again - but this time, it's his Frankish family he turns his back on.
- Out of all of Ragnar's sons, Ivar is the one to watch out for this season. Despite lacking the use of his legs, Ivar's pathological brutality and spiteful nature makes him a figure to be feared, even by his brothers.
- Yet despite Ivar's cruelty, Vikings never paints him as a completely unsympathetic character. It's clear Ivar has had to fight his entire life to be treated as equal to his brothers, and he would rather risk it all for a chance at being respected rather than accept a lifetime of being pitied.
- That is why Ivar decides to follow Ragnar to Wessex - not to right any wrongs, since Ivar cares little for morality, but to learn everything he can from Ragnar so that he may become a legend in his own right.
- Ubbe, Aslaug's eldest son, is a leader among the boys and most closely resembles Ragnar when he first started out as an altruistic, intelligent young farmer. "He sees his destiny as trying to realize what his father started," Hirst explains. But rather than seek out great adventures or explore the world, Ubbe sees it as his duty to stay home and protect his mother, proving that he is far more loyal than his father ever was.
- His brother Sigurd stays behind in Kattegatt as well. But where Ubbe is calm and strategic, Sigurd is more unpredictable. "I think he's slightly more crazy [than his siblings]," Hirst says. "He was left amongst the ruins of the relationship between his father and his mother, and he doesn't quite know his place in the Viking world and he wants to try and find his place."
- The final brother, Hvitserk, is the only one to accompany Bjorn to the Mediterranean. And though Hvitserk and Ubbe have shared a special bond since they almost drowned as children, this season Hvitserk will distinguish himself from his brother in shocking ways.
"Hvitserk does something so unexpected, so extraordinary and aligns himself with someone so different from Ubbe that you don't understand why he's done that," says Hirst. "And a lot of the show subsequently and in seasons to come is about discovering why Hvitserk has done this and why he's not gone the way you think he's going to."
Excited to share this with you all :) pic.twitter.com/4Nsngl9Fvb— Caitlyn Jenner (@Caitlyn_Jenner) November 28, 2016
The book will cover Caitlyn Jenner's childhood as Bruce Jenner and rise to fame as a gold-medal-winning Olympic decathlete; her marriages and her relationships with her children; her transition; and her experience as the world's most famous transgender woman.
The book is available for pre-order with a list price of $30 which seems sort of high for something that will probably end up being 200 pages in a larger print.
Source 1 and 2
Book post? Favorite memoirs?
Season 5 premieres on CMT in January.
Paramount had wanted Ryan O'Neal or Robert Redford to play Michael in "The Godfather," America's great epic about violence and family.
Writer and director Francis Ford Coppola believed. He had always envisioned Pacino, already an acclaimed New York stage actor, as Michael.
"His intelligence is what I noted first. He knows how to use his gifts," says Coppola. "He uses what he has, this striking magnetic quality, this smoldering ambiance."
The Simpsons, “Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire” (1989)
About: Christmas seems doomed for the Simpson family when Homer receives no holiday bonus. Hoping to make extra money, he becomes a mall Santa Claus in an attempt to bring the family a happy holiday.
Friends, “The One with the Holiday Armadillo” (2000)
About: Ross wants to introduce Ben to Hanukkah but Ben always loved Christmas . Phoebe learns that her and Rachel's apartment has been repaired; however she then fears that Rachel would rather continue to live with Joey instead of her. To prevent this problem she presents Joey with various gifts – a spider that scares Joey more than Rachel and a drum kit that annoys Monica. Ross dresses up as a "Holiday Armadillo" to make Ben excited about Hanukkah.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (1966)
Genre: Animation, Short, Comedy
About: Bitter and hateful, the Grinch is irritated at the thought of the nearby village having a happy time celebrating Christmas. So disguised as Santa Claus, with his dog made to look like a reindeer, he raids the village to steal all the Christmas things. The village is sure to have a sad Christmas this year.
Mad Men, “Christmas Comes But Once a Year” (2010)
About: Don gets a Christmas letter from Sally which highlights his loneliness. Now 18 months sober, Freddy Rumsen turns up at SCDP with a new client, but his old-fashioned prejudice leads to conflict with Peggy. Roger mistakenly invites Lee Garner, Jr. to the firm's Christmas party, forcing Lane to expand the party's budget beyond their means. Sally receives some awkward attention from a classmate. Don has a drunken one-night stand which affects a work relationship.
The Little Drummer Boy (1968)
Genre: Animation, Short, Family
About: Animated film version of the legendary song of a boy who lets out all his frustrations on a drum, little knowing how significant this drum will be in the birth of the newborn Jesus.
What's your favorite Christmas special??
Hyoyeon of SNSD will be the latest artist to debut a song for SM Station with track "Mystery" (this is not a debut with a mini album like Tiffany's or Taeyeon's) the track will be out December 2nd.
Where's Sooyoung's solo!?
Rae Sremmurd's "Black Beatles" is #1 again on the Billboard Hot 100 chart this week. Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj drop 2 spots from #4 to #6 with their song "Side To Side". Bruno Mars is at #4 with "24K Magic" and The Weeknd is at #3 with "Starboy." The Chainsmokers and Halsey remain at #2 with their hit "Closer," and Britney Spears and Tinashe peak at #86 with "Slumber Party."
Sources: YouTube + Twitter
ladygaga Ok on a scale 1-10 how many men (or women) wish they were me right now. Caught in Babe Sandwich👙😍💕#vsfashionshow
ladygagawith my angels! @gigihadid @bellahadid #VSFashionShow
Lady Gaga updates Snapchat. pic.twitter.com/ivBVgXWmQf— Lady Gaga Now (@LadyGagaNowNet) November 29, 2016
Lady Gaga will perform at the VSFS, which will air on Dec 5 @ 10/9C on CBS
When asked about the Million Reasons music video, Gaga said "It's coming out in the next couple of weeks, don't worry."
She added, "There's a little surprise with it and a twist."
After the interview, Gaga took to the piano to deliver a beautiful performance of "Million Reasons" and "Just Another Day." Listen at the source above.
After hitting the Victoria Serets Fashion Show (airing on December 5th), the queen will perform on X FACTOR UK for December 4th's results show.
Source | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The African American Film Critics Association has declared 2016 to be the absolute best year for blacks in cinema history, citing the likes of Central Intelligence, 13th, and Moonlight for the exceptional year. The groups founder Shawn Edwards is confident all four acting catgories at the Oscars will include a black actor with possibly four black-themed films nominated for Best Picture.
Even with the success of this year, co-founder and current president Gil Robertson wonders whether studios will keep delivering what audiences have wanted, while also expressing desire to see other underrepresented communities see the same success.
-- Donald Trump is expected to name Steven Mnuchin Secretary of the Treasury tomorrow.
-- Mnuchin is a former Golden Sachs executive who created a management firm that finances studio films.
-- He merged the company with Brett Ratner's RatPac to create RatPac-Dune Entertainment (what a mouthful).
-- Mnuchin is credited as an executive producer on such favs as Mad Max: Fury Road, Edge of Tomorrow, and Midnight Special as well as pieces of shit like American Sniper, Suicide Squad, and Pan.
-- His most recent credit was as a producer on Warren Beatty's Rules Don't Apply, for which he made his on-screen debut as a finance executive.
-- Served as finance chair for the campaign and raised money for Trump, which is the only reason he got this job.
Basically, NFL quarterback (and perpetual disappointment) Robert Griffin III left his wife and newborn baby for a track & field athlete. His ex-wife made a Twitter specifically to drag him, then deleted it.
People believe what they choose to believe🙏🏼 https://t.co/s3UiHHjbkJ— Grete Šadeiko (@GSadeiko) November 29, 2016
That account attacking my family was fake and none of what was said was true. Whoever did it, you messed with the wrong one.— Robert Griffin III (@RGIII) November 29, 2016
ONTD, have you ever publicly dragged your ex on social media?
The Walking Dead's Alanna Masterson wrote the following post, along with a picture of her new daughter:
Dear Instagram trolls, body shamers, and the men and woman who think it's ok to comment on my weight: I hope that you don't have children. And if you do, I hope you teach them about kindness and acceptance. I hope they learn that it isn't ok to make fun of people or call people names. I hope one day YOU learn what it takes to be a parent. A kind, selfless parent. A working parent. A parent that puts themselves in someone else's shoes. Maybe you can't get it through your thick fucking skull, but nursing a baby for a year (and pumping in a van between takes, in the dead of summer in Georgia) is a lot of work, determination, and scheduling. So before you decide to make a comment about my chest being "too large" or how "fat" I've become, just know that this little girl got the best start to life. I wouldn't have changed it for a second. I would've gladly continued to eat enough calories to produce milk for her little bones to grow. Also, grow the fuck up. Your mother should be ashamed for raising such a judgmental bully. I'm sure she knows how "courageous" you must be for trolling and hiding behind your Iphone and computers. P.s. I would LOVE to see any man or woman give birth to a baby, nurse the baby, and then work 17 hour days and NAIL their own stunts. P.s.s. Be kind to each other. We need it now more than ever.
No Flash promo...part 1 of the crossover!
-Set approx a decade before TOS.
-Anthony Rapp (better known as originating the role of Mark in Rent) plays Lt. Stamets, an "an astromycologist, fungus expert and Starfleet science officer on the starship Discovery".
Confirmed to be the gay character Bryan Fuller promised.
-Doug Jones plays Lt Saru, a Starfleet Science Officer, and (typically) a member of an alien species new to the ST Universe.
-Michelle Yeoh plays Captain Georgiou, of the starship Shenzou, confirming that she will neither be the main character as previously hoped, or even the Captain of the Discovery.
Sources: Slashfilm, ST Twitter
Are you naturally bitter that Ageless Queen Michelle Yeoh is not our lead, ONTD TrekFam?
- Amanda Seyfried and her fiancé actor Thomas Sadoski are expecting their first child together
- Seyfried and Sadoski first met while working together on the off-Broadway show The Way We Get By last year and started to date when they were reunited for their upcoming film The Last Word
- the couple got engaged in September of this year
- a blind item that many have figured was about the couple was posted - here
- The couple have been together since September 2015
- welcomed their first child together, daughter Frances Laiz in March
- here are some fun post from when they first got together:
(9/23/15 - Morena Baccarin and Ben McKenzie Are Dating; 9/24/15 - Morena Baccarin is pregnant; 9/25/15 - Morena Baccarin's Husband: "She Cheated on Me with Ben McKenzie"; 9/25/15 - Morena Baccarin & Ben McKenzie plan to marry &11/21/15 - Morena Baccarin Ordered to Pay Estranged Husband $23k a Month)
You thought these two broke up, HA. They may be engaged, according to new reports.
Katy very discreetly wore a ring on her engagement finger, trying not to draw attention to it at all, when the two went out recently.
Onlookers of their date night also said she appeared in better spirits than usual.
Are you rooting for these 2 to make it?
Yesterday, GRRM updated fans on his progress of The Winds of Winter to say:
"This is my last scheduled event for 2016. My appearance schedule for 2017 is very limited, and will remain so until WINDS is completed. So if you want to meet me or get a book signed, this will be the last chance for a good few months".
This could be reassuring if it weren't for the fact that he's been saying and doing the exact same things for the past 2 years. He is also notorious for blowing through deadlines. He originally thought that he would be done with TWOW by the end of 2015 and then that he would be done before Season 6 aired.
Oh, and he clarified to fans that "a few months" was in no means an estimate of when he might be done with the books. Just in case you know you still had 1% hope.
Plot: A world divided into progress and devastation. The link between the two sides - Offshore and Inland - is a rigorous and painstaking system called The Process. Everyone in Inland has a chance to go through The Process to live a better life in Offshore. But only 3% make it through.
just an excuse to talk about the show that was released last friday but was overshadowed by the Gilmore Girl revival.
If you still didn't watch it. get on it. it's only 8 episodes of a low-budget thriller/sci-fi serie with a diverse and great cast <3
Source: Video + Article
This is your reminder that s4b of Vikings airs tomorrow at 8pm EST. Who's hyped? Who's looking forward to it? Who's watching because you've invested too much in this trash heap of a show to quit now?