Articles on this Page
- 10/20/16--14:57: _Janelle Monáe in Bi...
- 10/20/16--14:59: _Superhero All Week ...
- 10/20/16--15:05: _Nashville season 5 ...
- 10/20/16--15:17: _Lady Gaga talks #BL...
- 10/20/16--16:06: _RZA: "Azealia was t...
- 10/20/16--16:13: _Little Mix | Shout ...
- 10/20/16--16:18: _Kanye West Had Some...
- 10/20/16--16:18: _Lady Gaga / Making ...
- 10/20/16--16:36: _Jay Z, Madonna nomi...
- 10/20/16--16:59: _Superfruit (aka Mit...
- 10/20/16--17:10: _Kendall & Gigi get ...
- 10/21/16--09:02: _Little Mix's "Shout...
- 10/21/16--09:33: _Alaska, dressed as ...
- 10/21/16--09:41: _J-Pop Megapost: Uta...
- 10/21/16--09:41: _Is Little People Bi...
- 10/21/16--09:41: _ONTD Roundup
- 10/21/16--10:21: _Andy Grammer Debuts...
- 10/21/16--10:59: _ John Mayer Shows O...
- 10/21/16--11:04: _Diego Luna directs ...
- 10/21/16--12:20: _Grey's Anatomy 13x0...
- 10/20/16--14:57: Janelle Monáe in Billboard Magazine
- 10/20/16--14:59: Superhero All Week Trailer
- 10/20/16--15:05: Nashville season 5 promo
- 10/20/16--16:06: RZA: "Azealia was the Aggressor, Out of Her Mind"
- RZA skyped into TMZ Live to give his details of what happened the night Azealia Banks claimed Russell Crowe choked her and caller the N-word.
- RZA says that Azealia was talking crazy all night. She threatened to smash a glass in a womans face. Azealia picked up the glass and went for the woman but Russell stepped in, picked Azealia up and took her out of the room.
- RZA said Azealia tried to get back into the room, RZA jumped inbetween Russell and Azealia. Russell spit at Azealia but it got on RZA instead because he was inbetween the two.
- RZA said Russell NEVER said the N-word and never choked her. He picked her up (he doesn't say how) to get her out of the room.
- Azealia pounded on the door to get her bag back, someone brought the bag to the door and she tried to fight her way back into the room.
- Azealia was verbally attacking Russell and the guests all night and then wanted to physically assault Russell.
- RZA says Russell was never trying to attack her out of anger, but instead, that he wanted to get her out of the room for his guests safety. Security was called and escorted her out.
- RZA says he is worried about Azealia since she is the star of his new movie. He said there was never a record deal being negotiated, she called him begging her for a deal because she is broke, and that he sent her some money to help her get on her feet.RZA says the only way Azealia would get a record deal is if he cosigned the deal because of her awful reputation.
- RZA also says he doesn't know why she's changing her story and attacking him when he is the only one standing in her corner right now and that he is worried about her.
- 10/20/16--16:13: Little Mix | Shout Out To My Ex | Official Music Video
- 10/20/16--16:18: Kanye West Had Some Words About Jay Z Last Night...
- Kanye says that there will never be a Watch the Throne 2 because Jay didn't want to be featured on Dake's "Pop Style" out of loyalty to Meek Mill (who's a Tidal artist)
- Kanye says that his kids have never gotten to play with Blue Ivy and he feels some type of way about it
- Kanye is upset that Jay only called him after Kim was robbed in Paris; would have preferred it if Jay had stopped by the house instead
- Kanye continues to do the most and should probably have brought all this up with Jay during that alleged phone call rather than airing his dirty laundry in public
- 10/20/16--16:18: Lady Gaga / Making JOANNE / EP 1: A-YO
- 10/20/16--16:36: Jay Z, Madonna nominated for Songwriters Hall of Fame
- 10/20/16--17:10: Kendall & Gigi get transformed into humanoids for W Magazine
- This is their 4th single that goes to #1. They're also the first X-Factor winners to have four solo singles reach #1 in the UK.
- Shout Out To My Ex was released on Sunday night, so they missed almost 3 days of sales, but that didn't affect them because they still got that #1.
- If their team wasn't incompetent and they had released the song on Friday like a normal person, they would have had bigger first week sales.
- BBC Radio 1 spoiled it when they tweeted that only Kungs vs Cookin' on 3 Burners'This Girl hadn't moved on the chart this week, which means that James Arthur moved and he isn't #1 anymore. BBC Radio deleted the tweet like a minute later, but people had already seen it.
- The girls were just interviewed in a radio show in Belgium, and when they were introduced the host said that they were #1 this week in the UK. That's how they got the news.
- James Arthur is mad and he's blocking mixers tweeting about the girls being #1 this week instead of him.
- This morning, the general sale of the Glory Days Tour started, pre-sale was on Wednesday, and they had to add more dates because they already sold out some venues.
- They have already sold over 200,000 tickets.
- They sold out two shows at the O2 in London in 12 minutes, so they had to add another date today.
- They also sold out Glasgow in 3 minutes, which is why they added another date.
- More shows in Sheffield and Liverpool have been added because they're almost sold out.
- Other dates are starting to sell out already.
- 10/21/16--09:33: Alaska, dressed as a Regular Girl, meets a Regular Girl
- 10/21/16--09:41: Is Little People Big World's Audrey Roloff a Trump supporter?
- 10/21/16--09:41: ONTD Roundup
- Is Jennifer Lawrence, 26, dating director Darren Aronofsky, 47?
- Confirmed: Jennifer Lawrence and director Darren Aronofsky are ‘casually’ dating
- Lady Gaga, 30, Roundup: Dive Bar Tour, SNL Set and NYT Review
- Lady Gaga: Madonna and I are very different
- RZA: "Azealia was the Aggressor, Out of Her Mind"
- Kanye West Had Some Words About Jay Z Last Night
- Karla Souza Talks How to Get Away With Murder on GMA
- First reviews for Doctor Strange are in
- Anne Hathaway Was Miserable When She Won Her Oscar
- ONTD Original: 12 Home Invasion Movies From the Last 10 Years
- Yesterday's ONTD Roundup
- 10/21/16--11:04: Diego Luna directs "The Journey" ad for Jarritos
- 10/21/16--12:20: Grey's Anatomy 13x06 Promo
"When I think about artists like Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Prince, Nina Simone, James Baldwin, Zora Neale Hurston … You have all these black intellectual creatives who used their art to bring awareness to the injustices of the world. If they hadn’t contributed, we would not be given the opportunities that we have today as millennials. They helped kick down doors for us, and I don’t want their hard work and sacrifices to be in vain. I feel a personal responsibility to pay back those who have helped fight for my rights." Photographer: Alexandra Gavillet
Her Experience With Racism & Sexism "I want to be active in bringing about change. I’m tired of the racism, the sexism -- the constant judgment that we have to deal with. I want to do all I can with my art and my platform to speak out against any injustice, because I strongly believe that an injustice done to my fellow brother or sister is an injustice done to me. "As a black woman who has experienced sexism and racism, and as an ally of the LGBTQ community, I feel obligated to say something. I have to say something. I started my career writing protest songs, writing political songs, writing songs that would help spark the revolution. Brands understand what they’re getting into when they work with me — this is so much bigger than a check. My goal is to spark change, light a fire and encourage millennials to fight for more. We can do better. We can be better. We’re designed to be better than the last generation." Full link in bio.
Photographer: Alexandra Gavillet
"The themes that we tackle in Moonlight and Hidden Figures are in my music." To read full article click link in bio. :-) Thanks for you love and support ALWAYS. #moonlight & #hiddenfigures
Source: Billboard Twitter
Source: Janelle Monáe's Instagram
Season 5 premieres January 5th on CMT.
Zane Lowe sat down with Gaga a couple weeks ago and posted the full interview today. Here are some highlights:
- Gaga agrees that Joanne as an album is "searching for a good time with some unavoidable truths that need to be dealt with"
- Goes into detail about erasing all of her fame to create the album: "You can't create records resting on your previous success or caring about that. At the end of the day that's not really what I'm here for.
- Talks about what it was like after going through her peak in 2011: "It's a blessing. It's pure adrenaline of the world adoring you. And then you realize it will never be the way it was before." She dealt with paranoia, fear, alcohol, drugs, anxiety, body pain, "a lot of it has to do with feeling unsafe in my own body because I leave the house and there's people touching me, grabbing me, and yelling"
- On Angel Down: "I wrote this song about Trayvon Martin a couple years ago and the epidemic of young black people being murdered in this country. I was overwhelmed at the fact that people just stood around and the justice system continues to not seek justice for these families. Also listening to my fans, young black women and men who are terrified... This is something I care about, this is something that has to stop."
- On being drawn into the #BLM conversation: "I can only pray on that. That my voice & the lyrics will reach people. It's also a complicated thing, I'm not a black woman so how do you speak on certain things... [but] It feels impossible not to say something. How can I possibly make an album about twerking my ass in the club? I can't reckon it. It feels empty, It feels irrelevant... At this moment in my career, I can't possibly just sit and think of 'Oh what would be just fun.' The more that we mask the shade of this anxiety, the harder it's going to be to heal. I cannot write anything that does not have a voice or a purpose in the universe. Why have this voice? Why have this platform?"
- On her previous mindless dance pop music: "That was great! I loved it. It was amazing, and I will sing those songs for you and everyone for the rest of my life. [but] I'm a woman now and I care about the world and I care about young people and that's what I want to make."
- On the internet: "It's like the earth in a way, we're gonna destroy it. It's a big toilet, it's a garbage can. I can't sort through what's real and what's not. I'm watching all these young kids die and then you go on the internet and it's a bunch of garbage in the way of the truth."
- On not making the music her fans may have wanted: "I don't think it's a healthy way to make music. When you're think of people's perspectives too much and what they want musically, that's toxic... I have a need to make music. I don't have a need to be famous. It's totally different."
- When Gaga brings up her dad being overprotective, Zane brings up how the story is similar to Madonna's, "Madonna and I are very different. I wouldn't make that comparison at all. And I don't mean to disrespect Madonna, she's a nice lady. She's had a fantastic huge career, she's the biggest popstar of all time. But I play a lot of instruments, I write all my own music. I spend hours in the studio, I'm a producer. What I do is different. I'm not just rehearsing over and over again to put on a show. I allow myself to fail, I allow myself to break - I'm not afraid of my flaws. There are major differences between me and her and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. I just will not be compared to anyone anymore. I'm who the fuck I am and this is me. My life story is my life story."
- Elton John, Stevie Wonder & Tony Bennett encouraged her to stop smoking.
More @ the source
RZA -- Russell Spit At Azealia ... But She Was Out of Her Mind (VIDEO) https://t.co/QUDZTWL0Dq— TMZ (@TMZ) October 20, 2016
This is such a mess. I hope Azealia gets the help she needs.
ONTD, have you ever felt compelled to announce your grievances with someone to the general public rather than discussing them with the person directly?
- The ceremony will be held at New York City, June 15th.
- Other nominees are - George Michael, Cat Stevens, Jeff Lynne, Sly Stone, Gloria Estefan, Bryan Adams, Vince Gill , Bread's David Gates and the songwriting teams that make up the bands Chicago and Kool & The Gang.
- You can get a nominee only after 20 years of writing music.
Such a bop! The song is so them i like it, the music video is kinda cartoon network-ish lol but it's cute.
Soooo this is my first post lol
Dear mods, please ignore my previous post. I forgot to insert the source, thanks!
Artists Lizzie Fitch and Ryan Trecartin transformed Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid to humanoid creatures for W Magazine's art issue.
src: 1 2 3
Incredibly #LittleMix have sold over 200,000 tickets in less that 10 hours for their The Glory Days 2017 Tour. One year in advance! 👊🏻— Simon Jones (@simonjonespr) October 21, 2016
sources: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
Talent keeps winning!
- Messy Winner of Rupaul's Drag Race All Stars 2, Alaska, went to this regular girl's show in New York
- Alaska gives this regular girl the best promo she'll ever get for her album, Joanne
Are you just a regular girl, ONTD?
Namie Amuro Releases Short Music Video of "Dear Diary"
"Dear Diary" is the theme song of the upcoming movie "Death Note: Light up the NEW world". More info regarding the single can be found here. The music video was directed by Ryouhei Shingu; he previously worked with Namie on her last single "HERO".
charisma.com to Release EP "unPOP" on November 22nd
The electorap duo is releasing a second EP this year. The EP contains four tracks with a fifth bonus track for purchases via iTunes. The EP includes digital singles "Moya Moyashite" and "Urami Tsumotte Yama to Naru" with tie-ins to Kirin Nogodoshi All-light energy drinks and Systema Arch Fit toothbrushes respectively. Cover, tracklist, and music videos/previews below.
Urami Tsumotte Yama to Naru
Happiness Released Music Video for "Ordinary Girls", New Album "GIRLZ N’ EFFECT"
E-Girls sub-unit Happiness released new album "GIRLZ N' EFFECT" on October 12th. This sophmore album comes four years after their previous album release and marks Suda Anna and Kawamoto Ruri's first album under Happiness. The album contains six new tracks as well as all of their previous singles and several B-sides from said singles. Covers, tracklist, and music videos can be found below.
12. Show Me Your Heart
CD + DVD/Blu-Ray
Seek a Light
Sexy Young Beautiful
Itano Tomomi Releases Short Music Video for "OMG", New Album "Get Ready♡"
"SWAGGALICIOUS" chanteuse Itano Tomomi is gearing up for the release of her upcoming album "Get Ready♡" by releasing a music video for "OMG". The music video features Itano Tomomi working out with four different guys and a dance break with four backup singers. "Get Ready♡" will be released in three formats: Regular Edition CD, CD + DVD, and Limited Edition CD + Photobook. Covers, tracklist, and music videos can be found below.
Regular Edition CD (Left) / Limited Edition CD + Photobook (Right)
CD + DVD
1. COME PARTY! Music Video
2. OMG Music Video
3. Gimme Gimme Luv Music Video
4. HIDE & SEEK Music Video
Gimme Gimme Luv
HIDE & SEEK
Hey! Say! JUMP to Release New Single "Fantastic Time"
Male idol group Hey! Say! JUMP is releasing a new single on October 26th. "Fantastic Time" serves as the opening theme song of anime series "Time Bokan 24". Previews of the song are available through concert coverage. Covers, tracklist, and preview can be found below.
First Press CD + Photobook
Limited Edition CD + DVD
1. Fantastic Time
Fantastic Time Preview (2:10 and 5:53)
FAMM'IN Teases New Song "animus", Appointed Shibuya Tourism Ambassador
FAMM'IN (Supergroup consisting of FAKY, FEMM, and Yup'in) released a series of teasers of their new song "animus" on Instagram. Although all teasers contain the same audio, the teasers exclusively feature one member for a total of seven teasers. The song appears to continue the trend of blending modern and traditional sounds in their music under this supergroup. Interestingly, the music video appears to be fully animated through motion capture and 3D modelling. To conserve space and not post seven Instagram posts, only one teaser (Anna from FAKY) will be added to this post. If you want to look at the other teasers, please visit the source.
・ FAMM'IN - New Song "animus" Teaser_Anna Ver. ・ creative directed by 2nd Function track produced by @radical_hardcore_clique video directed by maximum10 + @brdgtokyo cg: Keijiro Takahashi 3d scan: Avatta modeling: Kota Yamaji motion capture: BRDG ・ #animus #2ndFunction #RadicalHardcoreClique #maximum10 #BRDG #KeijiroTakahashi #映像センター #AVC #HIDALI #KKHU #雅楽トラップ #GagakuTrap #ジャパランタ #Japaranta #MotionCapture #モーションキャプチャ #faky #femm #yupin #fammin
In other news, FAMM'IN has been appointed as tourism performance ambassadors for Shibuya, a ward/district of Tokyo. Although little details have been released regarding their roles or responsibilities as Shibuya tourism performance ambassadors, the group tells fans to be on a lookout for their future activities at Shibuya on their official site.
°C-ute Releases Music Video for "Dreamlike Climax", Triple A-Side Single "Dreamlike Climax/Love Like Static Electricity/Singing～anogoro no yo ni～"
Hello! Project girl group °C-ute released a new music video for their upcoming triple A-side single "Dreamlike Climax/Love Like Static Electricity/Singing～anogoro no yo ni～". After announcing plans to disband next year, it appears that the group isn't going to go without a bang. Dreamlike Climax was produced by noted music artist Seiko Oomori. The lyrics also pay hidden homages to former members of the group by inserting their names into the song. Tracklist and covers can be found below.
Regular Editions A + B + C
Limited Editions A + B + C
Nogizaka46's Nanami Hashimoto Announces Graduation, to Center for Upcoming Single "Sayonara no Imi"
Popular idol group and 48G rival Nogizaka46 announced the release of new single "Sayonara no Imi". Popular member Nanami Hashimoto will be the center of this single, and she announced her graduation on All Night Nippon radio station. Given the title of the single (T/N: The meaning of goodbye), it is likely that the single serves as her graduation song. She also stated that her graduation extends not only to the idol group, but the entertainment industry as well. Nanami plans to resume life as a "normal girl" after her graduation: February 20th. Covers, tracklist, and radio preview can be found below.
Type-A (CD + DVD)
Type B (CD + DVD)
1. Sayonara no Imi Music Video
2. Kodoku na Aozora Music Video
3. Undergirls Documentary
Type C (CD + DVD)
1. Sayonara no Imi Music Video
2. Nidome no Kiss kara Music Video
3. Nogizaka46 Itsumo to Chigau Natsu Renpen
Type D (CD + DVD)
3. Kimi ni Okuru Hana ga Nai
1. Sayonara no Imi Music Video
2. Kimi ni Okuru Hana ga Nai Music Video
3. Nogizaka46 Itsumo to Chigau Natsu Kouhen
Regular Edition (CD Only)
3. Naimono Nedari
Sayonara no Imi Preview/Radio Rip
Utada Hikaru's Fantôme Physical Sales Update
Utada Hikaru is currently in a situation where she can potentially tie her personal record of holding the #1 position on Oricon for four consecutive weeks (Currently held by her first best album "Utada Hikaru SINGLE COLLECTION VOL.1"). Her competitors for this week includes Aoi Eir's best albums (BEST -A- and BEST -E-), CNBLUE's EUPHORIA, and Kimura Kaela's PUNKY.
Namies Amuro 1 / 2 / 3
charisma.com 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
Happiness 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
Itano Tomomi 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
Hey! Say! JUMP 1 / 2
FAMM'IN 1 / 2
°C-ute 1 / 2
Nogizaka46 1 / 2
Utada Hikaru 1
In other news, Arashi is also releasing an album this month (Lead song keeps getting removed, so not included in megapost), Aki-P creates yet another 48G group (And another 3 or 4 depending on how long you've checked out) and a 2D idol group that's a blatant Love Live!/μ’s copy,
Only a few days since my last Roloff post, but I can't help it that these assholes have been giving me so much ammo lately.
audrey at her wedding. i've circled her in this photo bc i know it might be hard to pick her out in that sea of whiteness.
Audrey Roloff has landed in hot water again after posting an instagram story that implies she might be a fan of a certain orange bridge troll muppet running for President. I can't find any screenshots of her insta story, but here's a summary from Spiritswander, the best blog for anyone who hates the Roloffs as much as I do:
Last night, Wednesday Oct 19th, the Presidential Debate was held. Audrey had earlier posted a regular Instagram photo with a long description about how the world needs more people that are compassionately curious and less people that are carelessly critical.
Audrey then posted several Instagram Stories (the short video clips) from the debate. The clips were of Donald Trump speaking about Hilary Clinton's faults, Trump mentioning Clinton's "criminal emails, (Audrey inserted smiley faces), clips of Trump asking how can Clinton run for President of the United States when she should be in jail?" Audrey finished it up with Donald Trump's closing words from the debate.. "We cannot take 4 more years of Barack Obama and that's what you get if you vote for Hillary Clinton". A female voice in Audrey's video (which her followers obviously assume to be her own) can be heard loudly exclaiming "That was GOOD!"
Some fans expressed disappointment that she was a Trump supporter. Audrey was not pleased with these baseless assumptions!
audreyroloff Just wanna say one thing...Y'all sure do make a lot of assumptions....And this post has nothing to do with politics. I hope you read the actual content of the post before commenting. It would mean a lot to me.
One fan tried to reason with her because she was under the impression that the Roloffs are reasonable people, bless her heart:
kate_bird13 I just watched your story, and I understand that you're feeling attacked. But, you are a public figure, who is putting messages out to almost 300,000 people. Intentionally. [...] You take a standpoint of instructing others on how to live, and when others do the same to you, based on your SPECIFIC, public actions, you are responsible for receiving them. Now, if you actually did mean what your stories suggested, you are also responsible for defending yourself. You take a religiously-based moral standpoint on life AND public discourse, and are defending, as per the message you sent out, a serial sexual assault perpetrator, racist, homophobic, offensive, inarticulate and unqualified man who wants to be president. [...] You are a public figure who made a public statement that completely contradicts what you preach, and that actually endangers women, minorities, and the lower classes. You are expected to explain it.
audreyroloff @kate_bird13 Social Media is not the place of debate. I hope you can gracefully accept that. I disregard many of the negatie comments because I want my social media and comments to be uplifting and encouraging to others. Not a blood bath.
Her followers did not care for Audrey's evasive non-answers:
cortneywinn If you are a Trump supporter, own it. If you're a Hillary supporter, own it. You opened this door, you let us in, and now that we are curious you tell us 'social media is not the place for this discussion'?
sources: 1, 2
do you think audrey roloff is a trump supporter?
For Thursday, October 20, 2016:
It's a really sweet video and you should watch it!
The song itself is about gaining new appreciation for someone you've been in a long relationship with, but the video takes a different approach. Andy Grammer approaches homeless people living on Skid Row in LA and provides them with a haircut and new wardrobe. He is donating all proceeds from the video to the Union Rescue Mission in LA and at the end of the MV, asks viewers to donate here.
In an interview with LA Weekly:
- Grammer used to be a street performer in Santa Monica and became friends with the homeless people in the area. He stated, "When you work on the street, it's not just some [homeless] guy you're walking by. His name's Brian."
- Almost the entire budget for the video went towards haircuts, clothes, and food for the 50 homeless people they reached out to
YouTube | LA Weekly
John Mayer has his own line of laundry detergent!
The Laundress, the lifestyle brand, aided him develop a laundry solution duo that smells like Montana (proceeds go to charity).
Alongside The Laundress co-founders Gwen Whiting and Lindsey Boyd, Mayer begins to show us his "meditative" handwashing methodology.
“I’m authentically into this,” he claims.
"Roar" - A familiar face returns to Grey Sloan, throwing many of the doctors for a loop. With Catherine putting on the pressure, Bailey has to make a decision about Alex while a tough ER case makes Amelia’s bad day even worse, on “Grey’s Anatomy,” Thursday, October 27th on ABC.