Articles on this Page
- 10/19/16--14:41: _Azealia Banks gives...
- 10/19/16--14:50: _South Korean golf t...
- 10/19/16--15:30: _More anti-Trump 30 ...
- 10/19/16--16:30: _Rejoice! New Austra...
- 10/19/16--16:45: _Bucky Barnes and Je...
- 10/19/16--16:52: _Producer of Birth o...
- 10/20/16--10:55: _Katy Perry to perfo...
- 10/20/16--11:15: _Lindsay Lohan Slams...
- 10/20/16--11:18: _Little Mix release ...
- 10/20/16--12:18: _Middle schoolers ar...
- 10/20/16--12:18: _ Kris Jenner Confro...
- 10/20/16--12:36: _Trump's "nasty woma...
- 10/20/16--13:04: _Shailene Woodley wr...
- 10/20/16--13:39: _Anne Hathaway Was M...
- 10/20/16--13:45: _Lady Gaga: Madonna ...
- 10/20/16--14:03: _10 Clowns that Will...
- 10/20/16--14:14: _12 Underrated Horro...
- 10/20/16--14:14: _Gugu Mbatha-Raw in ...
- 10/20/16--14:14: _The Fall 3x5 promo ...
- 10/20/16--14:50: _Viola Davis Produci...
- 10/19/16--16:30: Rejoice! New Austra is upon us!
- 10/19/16--16:45: Bucky Barnes and Jean Grey at Skin Cancer Gala
- 10/19/16--16:52: Producer of Birth of the Dragon defends whitewashing
- 10/20/16--12:18: Middle schoolers are helping turn these teenagers into megastars
- 10/20/16--12:18: Kris Jenner Confronts Kim Kardashian Over Nasty Feud
- 10/20/16--13:04: Shailene Woodley writes op-ed for Time about her arrest
- Shailene was arrested October 10th on Indigenous People's Day while protesting the Dakota access pipeline
- Thinks it's a shame that 26 other people were arrested the same day as her but people only care about her because she's a famous white woman
- Drags people for festishizing Native American cultures (and calls out Coachella for this!)
- Reminds everyone that if the pipeline breaks that water will be contaminated for millions and warns everyone not to be complacent
- 10/20/16--13:39: Anne Hathaway Was Miserable When She Won Her Oscar
- 10/20/16--13:45: Lady Gaga: Madonna and I are very different
- 10/20/16--14:03: 10 Clowns that Will Haunt Your Dreams
- 10/20/16--14:14: 12 Underrated Horror Movies You Should Watch This Halloween.
- 10/20/16--14:14: The Fall 3x5 promo "Wounds of Deadly Hate"
- 10/20/16--14:50: Viola Davis Producing Thriller Drama “Head Games” for ABC
Azealia Banks continues to make the rounds regarding the altercation that she had with Russell Crowe over the weekend. In an interview with E! Banks is now claiming that the initial argument started over horror movies of all things and not Crowe's music choices for the party.
Allegedly at some point during the evening Banks started joking about some of the guests at the dinner doing horror movies and saying making fun of their past projects. Crowe allegedly told her "Hey, you haven't done anything in your career, so you have no right to tell him about horror."
Apparently after that a drunk woman (whose identity has yet to been made public) threatened her to try and get her to shut up. Banks claims she basically asked the woman to be nice and not ruin the evening, since you know she's calm and rational like that, and Crowe responded to this request by whispering a racial slur into her ear and then immediately choking her.
She went on to say that she felt like she was being set-up, especially since she claims Crowe ran to TMZ, and she expects a public apology. She also said she had no plans of pressing charges basically because reasons until TMZ posted the story.
She claims that Crowe's attorney called her and said she would never work in Hollywood again (she's working there now???) if she spoke her mind and her speaking about the incident is her way of standing up for all women in Hollywood.
"He thinks I'm just some little black girl from Harlem that doesn't have any backing," she concluded. "They think they can just frame me."
Source 1, 2 and 3
Have you ever threatened to murder a room full of people after they mentioned you're not as famous as you think you are?
* Se Ri Pak's historic win at the 1998 US Women's Open inspired Koreans everywhere to pick up the game. (not me tho, oops. but i still love ha.)At the time Pak won the 1998 US Women's Open, she was the only Korean player on the LPGA tour. Today, over 1/3 of the world's top 100 players are from South Korea. Of the 34 South Korean players competing full time on the LPGA circuit this season, 27 have an LPGA win under their belts.
* Her final game ended with a farewell ceremony as LPGA golfers from around the world showed up to celebrate Se Ri Pak and offer her bouquets of flowers. Olympic gold medal winner Inbee Park, who wasn't playing in this tournament due to a thumb injury, drove an hour to pay her respects.
* Her biggest fan is some white lady (Stacey Barnes) from Arkansas who first met Pak in 2009 during the Walmart Northwest Arkansas Championship. Barnes flew to South Korea for Pak's retirement, having previously never been on a flight longer than an hour. Pak recognized Barnes, "invited her inside the ropes during the pro-am round and introduced Barnes to some of her favorite Korean foods at the halfway house." Barnes also joined Pak's family for dinner after the retirement celebration, and Pak invited her to the event's gala.
* Se Ri Pak is credited with "instilling the pride and determination needed to stabilize the country financially." When will your faves?
My role model, my hero!!! Thank you very much Seri unni ❤️ https://t.co/6uu3kE8uKX— Lydia Ko (@LydiaKo) October 13, 2016
You changed more than my life. You changed the world with your strength, your passion and your ability to inspire 🐐 pic.twitter.com/A3MFnlv6ps— Christina Kim (@TheChristinaKim) October 12, 2016
Cool tribute video for the legendary Se Ri Pak https://t.co/zHIda33U7G— Sophie Gustafson (@SophieGustafson) October 13, 2016
“When my career started to take off,” said Pak, “I really wanted it to start with me, but not end with me.”
sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
She's considered to be South Korea's Tiger Woods. IDGAF about golf but I adore Se Ri Pak.
Le Tigre briefly reunited to release their new song "I'm With Her":
Also, kicked off by Death Cab For Cutie, more artists have released songs for the 30 Days, 30 Songs project for a Trump-free America. A lot of them, as we've seen with the Le Tigre and Death Cab songs, are not great and pretty corny but some of them are okayish and R.E.M. released a new live version of "World Leader Pretend":
The rest of the songs released thus far.
Austra are back with a new single "Utopia" and a new album Future Politics due out on January 20th!
“Katie came into the video project with a lot of ideas about the future. We discussed everything from food trends to Star Trek: The Next Generation. The video is more near-future than distant-future, with recognizable technology and modern protein sources.” - Director, That Go.
1. We Were Alive
2. Future Politics
4. I’m A Monster
5. I Love You More Than You Love Yourself
6. Angel In Your Eye
9. Beyond A Mortal
10. Deep Thought
Pre-order physical / Pre-order digital.
Last night, Sebastian Stan and Famke Janssen attended The Skin Cancer Foundation's Champions for Change Gala.
ontd, do you wear sunscreen?
Producer Michael London defends the choice to make a Bruce Lee film (played by Philip Ng) that focuses on a white character: “It was made primarily to allow distributors to see the film as a marketable proposition. From a Hollywood standpoint, Birth of the Dragon looks like a foreign film: it has a largely Asian cast, it was financed by Asian financiers, there’s only a single white actor. What’s so funny was that, while we have been accused of tokenism over the portrayal of Asian characters, during the making of the movie we were concerned about tokenism for the exact opposite reason, because we only had one white character.”
They called the backlash to this film Birth of A Dragon "painful".
MAKE LYRICS GREAT AGAIN❗️cc Max Martin & Shellback— KATY PERRY (@katyperry) October 20, 2016
-Perry, a Clinton supporter, will perform as part of Clinton's "Love Trumps Hate" concert series on Nov. 5, just three days before voters hit the polls.
-Details about the location, time and tickets for the concert will be released at a later date, according to Clinton's campaign.
-Perry performed at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia in July prior to Clinton's nomination as the party's nominee and has performed at other campaign stops for Clinton during the race.
In an interview on the Turkish TV network Haberturk—which is hugely pro-Erdogan and in 2013-14 barely covered the protests that rocked the nation,Lohan praised Erdogan.
Says Lohan:"“When the coup happened, just seeing the whole country stand up for each other, that was really emotional for me, all these people in one place, that people were so afraid of, all supporting each other"
“Erdogan did really well and his people, really admiring and respecting him, as the first elected president. This is a big deal,” she said.
Lohan criticizes the United States as a country where it is dangerous and frightening to express oneself because she received hostile comments after she was pictured carrying a copy of the Koran.
“I was going through a lot and close friends gave me a Koran and I brought it to New York with me, it opened doors for me spiritually,” Lohan explained. “This is just me walking with it.”
After the paparazzi took pictures without her knowledge, “they crucified me for it in America,” Lohan says. “They made me seem like Satan."
“I was a bad person for holding that Koran. I was so happy to leave and go back to London after that. Because I felt so unsafe in my own country after this. I mean, people were, like, horrible to me.
“Just because this is my belief, this is something I want to learn.”
VevoUK tweeted this preview this morning:
Then Little Mix tweeted this preview a few hours ago:
Little Mix Twitter
Buy #ShoutOutToMyEx on iTunes or stream on Spotify. The music video will be released at midnight BST! This is the music video we've been waiting for! The girls were finally allowed outside in the daylight!
-Musical.ly, an app that allows you to record yourself lip-syncing to song clips, is turning nobodies like Jacob Sartorius, Baby Ariel, and The Perkins Sisters into megastars.
-The app, which has over 133 million users, is primarily used by teenage girls, and it is said that half of all American teenagers are using the app.
-Jacob Sartorius recently singed with UTA and he's about to embark on a world tour.
-Dani Perkins of The Perkins Sisters recently landed a role on Nickelodeon's "Legendary Dudas."
-Baby Ariel is the most followed person on Musical.ly, and she has her own lipstick line and will be headlining DigiTour.
What's your favorite Jacob Sartorius song?
Kris is mad that Kim helped Caitlin pick out gowns (???)
New season of Keeping Up premires this Sunday!
Spotify confirmed that streams for Janet Jackson's hit "Nasty" spiked 250 percent after last night's debate when Trump called Clinton a 'nasty woman'
The song is also featured in a mashup with Trump's insults from the debate made by UPROXX.
Shailene Woodley: The truth about my arrest https://t.co/gXKSwsogGn— TIME (@TIME) October 20, 2016
You can read the whole thing at the:
“I felt very uncomfortable. I kind of lost my mind doing that movie and it hadn’t come back yet.”
“I had to stand up in front of people and feel something I don’t feel, which is uncomplicated happiness. It’s an obvious thing, you win an Oscar and you’re supposed to be happy. I didn’t feel that way. I felt wrong that I was standing there in a gown that cost more than some people are going to see in their lifetime, and winning an award for portraying pain that still felt very much a part of our collective experience as human beings. I tried to pretend that I was happy and I got called out on it, big time. That’s the truth and that’s what happened. It sucks. But what you learn from it is that you only feel like you can die from embarrassment, you don’t actually die.”
Madonna and I are very different, just saying...I wouldn't make that comparison at all. I don't mean to disrespect Madonna. You know, she's a nice lady (lol) and she's had a fantastic huge career, she's the biggest pop star of all time. But (Gaga's voice cracks) I play a lot of instruments, I write all my own music, I spent hours and hours a day in the studio, I'm a producer, I'm a writer. What I do is different.
That's cool, Madonna doesn't play a lot of instruments but she does everything else Gaga stated, and more. Just saying
About: Two groups of people discover evidence that suggests spirits may be trying to invade the human world through the Internet.
Dead and Buried
About: A suspense horror film set in a small coastal town where, after a series of gory murders commited by mobs of townspeople against visiting tourists, the corpses begin to come back to life.
Evil Dead Trap
About: A TV station employee takes a camera crew out to an abandoned factory to investigate a purported snuff film that was made there, only to end up running for her life when a small, fetus-like creature murders her crew.
About: Realizing the urban legend of their youth has actually come true; two filmmakers delve into the mystery surrounding five missing children and the real-life boogeyman linked to their disappearances.
About: Teenagers Mark and James are victims of Gary Parker, a local thug not much older than them who has brutalised and abused them all their lives. In their last year of high school, James and Mark find a way to stop being victims. They're going to kill Gary...
What horror movie do you think is underrated?? 👻👽
- Gugu would be playing Mrs Murry, Meg and Charles Wallace's mother
Spector's legal team are determined that he will never stand trial. Anderson and Ferrington make a discovery from the past that may help Gibson build her case.
The series concludes as Gibson and Anderson put fresh evidence to Spector, with explosive results. Spector's new-found friendship with another inmate develops, with devastating consequences.
Friendly reminder that the last two eps of the season both air next week:
Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Yes, the show is already back and the season is almost finished. It comes to Netflix on October 29.
she is attached to produce thriller drama HEAD GAMES for the network. The series is being adapted by Chuck Rose based on his book of the same name.
Head Games follows Dr. Jonah Hoffman, a Park Avenue psychiatrist, who is approached by the government to come work for them as a spy, feeding them crucial intel on one of his patients, a potential national security threat. As Jonah enters a duplicitous world filled with danger and paranoia, he begins to realize the only way to save the world is trust himself and take action.