Articles on this Page
- 09/17/16--11:24: _Anniesa Hasibuan SS...
- 09/17/16--11:46: _Terry Gross asks Ab...
- 09/17/16--12:44: _Wentworth Miller st...
- 09/17/16--13:16: _Riz Ahmed about bei...
- 09/17/16--14:23: _Miley Cyrus Discuss...
- 09/17/16--14:42: _Taylor Swift sends ...
- 09/17/16--14:58: _Troye Sivan's nudes...
- 09/17/16--15:02: _Friends Courteney C...
- 09/17/16--15:02: _Tyler Posey spotted...
- 09/17/16--15:24: _Namie Amuro Release...
- 09/17/16--15:55: _Two Trailers for a ...
- 09/17/16--16:27: _First Look at Commi...
- 09/17/16--17:39: _Women reign on Emmy...
- 09/17/16--17:55: _Dylan Efron Runs #I...
- 09/17/16--18:13: _Kerry Washington is...
- 09/17/16--19:00: _RED DOG: Origin Story
- 09/17/16--19:40: _IRL Bratz doll is a...
- 09/18/16--06:22: _Jason Lee is no lon...
- 09/18/16--06:57: _IRL Humble Chantues...
- 09/18/16--07:00: _Laura Jane Grace is...
- 09/17/16--11:24: Anniesa Hasibuan SS 17 @ NYFW
- 09/17/16--13:16: Riz Ahmed about being typecast, traveling and US/UK differences
- 09/17/16--14:42: Taylor Swift sends flowers to 'America's Got Talent' winner
- 09/17/16--14:58: Troye Sivan's nudes leak online.
- 09/17/16--15:02: Friends Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow Play Celebrity Name Game Video
- 09/17/16--15:02: Tyler Posey spotted kissing Bella Thorne
- 09/17/16--15:55: Two Trailers for a Russian Movie 'VIKING' + (with English subtitles)
- 09/17/16--16:27: First Look at Commissioner Gordon in "Justice League"
- 09/17/16--17:39: Women reign on Emmy favorites, but few are involved in making them
- About Conway and Ivanka:“I think it’s important that we not be distracted by these very smart, very articulate, beautiful women who work in the Trump campaign, who are a lot smarter than the candidate. They will not have their finger on the button; he will."
- About the role of the media: “Right now we are in a political climate where we are being led by the media, no offense, to vote for the loudest candidate, and the meanest, the bulliest candidate in the playground. We are voting based on a cult of personality or a cult of celebrity. [...] When people of color say [Hillary Clinton] is not doing enough for us, we have to do the work to dig, because the media is not spoon-feeding us the information we need to vote in our best interests."
- About third party votes: "Voting for Trump is voting against ourselves. Not voting is voting against ourselves. And in this election, voting for a third candidate is voting against ourselves."
- About Hillary Clinton's political history:"There may be things that you don't particularly agree with at some point. I know a lot of people of color and millennials talk about her position on the criminal justice reform. I hear that and I understand it. But I would rather vote for the candidate who is willing to address mistakes, address issues, take responsibility, be accountable, be a part of a change solution, rather than the candidate who chooses to continue to perpetuate fear and hate."
- 09/17/16--19:00: RED DOG: Origin Story
- 09/17/16--19:40: IRL Bratz doll is acting like a brat
- 09/18/16--06:22: Jason Lee is no longer a Scientologist
- 09/18/16--06:57: IRL Humble Chantuese is being humble on 'The Rap Game'
- I think "the rap game' is for aspiring rappers
- Mariah appears to give them advice
- JD IS YELLING IN ALL HIS CONFESSIONIAL SCENES
- Mariah's face is looking settled
- JD will be signing one of the kids to his label
- 09/18/16--07:00: Laura Jane Grace is pretty unimpressed with Topshop
Anniesa Hasibuan is the first Indonesian to show at New York Fashion Week and presented a collection that featured hijabs with every outfit.
More looks at the sources.
Sources 1, 2, 3
She got me shook.
Terry Gross, host of NPR's 'Fresh Air', asked former U.S. soccer player Abby Wambach about her sexuality and it went like this:
"I want to ask you more about comprehending your sexuality, your sexual orientation. You’d had a boyfriend in high school; you went to the prom together. You were considered like the jock couple of Rochester, New York. Was it helpful in the long run to have had a boyfriend, to have had sex with a boy so that you could know with more certainty, ‘No, I love women?'"
To which Abby replied:
"I think the person that I am, I’m kind of one of those people and maybe people get that from the book, I will pretty much try anything once. Because I can’t have an opinion about something that I don’t know of or that I haven’t experienced. And that’s kind of the same thing that went into sorting my sexuality out. Going to Catholic high school, Catholic grade school when I was younger, believing in this God that was basically telling me that the feelings I might be having internally were sinful. I was like ‘Alright, I gotta try this other life out. I gotta see about.’ And I tried, you know. I did what I was ‘supposed to do’ as a kid, and I dated the boy and I experienced the boy and as soon as I met and started dating my first girlfriend, I then got it. I understood what I was missing all along. And this is no disrespect to my boyfriend in high school; this is just like more of a knowing. I met this woman and I was like ‘Oh, I get it now. This is how you’re supposed to feel.'"
Terry also asked her about Catholic guilt she might have had and if she had any idea that she was 'sinning' when she had her first girlfriend.
You can listen to the whole interview here (the question is asked around 22min in). She's promoting her memoir, she talks about her upbringing, soccer, coming out, divorce, DUI, addiction problems, etc.
straight people, do you usually get asked if you ever had sex with someone of the same gender to decide if you're really straight?
In the new video, made in conjunction with The Mighty, Wentworth Miller helps raise awareness about living with depression and to encourage those suffering to reach out for help. Miller himself has struggled with depression and said that he tried to commit suicide.
for those in the US and if you or someone you know need it:
Find a support group in your area @ adaa.org
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK or text START to 741-741
- "As a minority, no sooner do you learn to polish and cherish one chip on your shoulder than it’s taken off you and swapped for another." As a kid he was viewed as black, as a teen as Paki, as an adult as Muslim
- "The reason for this is simple. America uses its stories to export a myth of itself, just like the UK. The reality of Britain is vibrant multiculturalism, but the myth we export is an all-white world of lords and ladies. Conversely, American society is pretty segregated, but the myth it exports is of a racial melting-pot, everyone solving crimes and fighting aliens side by side." He viewed the States as the Promised Land, somewhere he could play roles that wouldn't be race related and heck - where he might even get a role as a guy named Dave
- For movie 'The Road to Guantánamo' he had traveled through "The Axis of Evil", which didn't make entering the land of the free any easier
- He's got a proper USA visa now, but still gets "randomly" selected whenever he's flying from Heathrow, up to the point that he's starting to recognise the people doing the check.
- Anyway, interesting essay from a book about race and immigration, written by 21 British black, Asian and minority ethnic writers.
Tweet source&Article source
Will you live long enough to see the majority of poc actors cast in not-stereotypical roles, ONTD? And how awesome and sensible is Riz?
Miley Cyrus was a guest on Jimmy Fallon last night and spoke about her foundation, The Happy Hippie Foundation, and how they're focusing on Suicide Awareness right now since September is Suicide Awareness Month. You can visit her website for resources on dealing with depression, including if you're having thoughts of suicide.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK
Crisis Text Line: send START to 741741
Earlier in the competition, Simon Cowell called Grace "the next Taylor Swift."
DAMN TROYE SIVAN A BADDIE pic.twitter.com/d4osM2p252— brad (@8914_71316) September 14, 2016
NSFW Pic here: https://twitter.com/Mado99a/status/776801850473316352
And his response:
when ur almost nudes leak and ur talking to management pic.twitter.com/MYrdHZYB5l— troye sivan (@troyesivan) September 14, 2016
Source: 1, 2, 3
ONTD. Have you shared your nudes online?
Bella Thorne -- The Proof's In The Smooch ... Tyler Posey's My New Dude (PHOTOS) https://t.co/DxPeFtvbko— TMZ (@TMZ) September 17, 2016
Tyler, (24 - 25) was spotted holding hands and kissing Bella (18-19) Friday in West Hollywood
Bella doesn't have a tag? Kind of shocked
CD + DVD
Yesterday, a mini-series "Death Note NEW GENERATION" produced to promote the movie was uploaded to Hulu Japan. Trailers for both the mini-series and movie release contains snippets of both songs.
Sources 1 / 2 / 3 / 4
forgot tags, sorry for second submission mods
Kievan Rus, late 10th century. After the death of his father, Svyatoslav I, the ruler of Kievan Rus, the young Viking prince Vladimir (Danila Kozlovsky) is forced into exile across the frozen sea in Sweden to escape his treacherous half-brother Yaropolk (Aleksandr Ustyugov), who has murdered his other brother Oleg and conquered the Viking territory of Kievan Rus.
The old warrior Sveneld (Maksim Sukhanov) convinces Vladimir to assemble a Varangian armada lead by a Swedish viking chieftain (Joakim Nätterqvist), hoping to reconquer Kiev from Yaropolk and ultimately face the mighty Byzantine forces.
The film will be released on December 2016.
Sources: YouTube 0102
Looks amazing tbh.
On screen TV has more diversity than the Oscars, with shows such as Black-ish, Transparent, Master of None and The People v OJ Simpson, but behind the scenes the industry remains a man’s world.
The Guardian analyzed the gender diversity of four important behind-the-scenes roles on the latest seasons of the shows nominated for Best Drama, Best Comedy and Best Limited Series: director, writer, cinematographer, and editor.
The research showed that only 30.4% of episodes were directed by women. Cinematography, only 7.1%.
'Roots' and 'The People v OJ Simpson' didn’t have a single woman director. Last time 'Game of Thrones' had a female director was season 4 and a female writer was season 3.
‘Fargo’ has only had men for directing and writing in its two seasons.
‘The Night Manager’, ‘Transparent', ‘American Crime’ and ‘Modern Family’ had women directors for 50% or more of their episodes.
It’s a self-perpetuating machine - the pool of people that get hired come out of the pool of people that have been hired.
When asked about the lack of female directors, one of ‘Better Call Saul’ showrunners, Peter Gould, said that it’s difficult to book women to direct because everyone is trying to hire the same ones.
Michael J McDonald, executive producer of American Crime, on the other hand dismisses that and says that it’s easy because there are hundreds of working women directors, and if you have 22 eps a season, he could name 22 top-notch female directors.
IRL Disney Prince Zac Efron's baby bro Dylan competed in the 2016 Wisconsin IRONMAN, winning 12th overall & qualified for finals. Defron swam 2.4 miles, biked 112 miles, and ran 26.2 miles! Zefron tweeted along serving sweaty #VIEWs from his bike and Dylan crossing the finish line.
In between extreme sports, the Efron Bros are working on a new television show for MTV. The dynamic duo has been spotted bro-ing out all over the world, with cameras following of course.
Sources: @DylanEfron, 1, 2. @ZacEfron, 1, 2.
ONTD, what are you going to do should Trump actually be elected in November? Will you stock up on food? Emigrate to New Zealand? Volunteer for that Mars mission?
Not so long ago, a film about a legendary dog brought communities together and captured the spirit of Australia. This holiday season, experience the beginning of the RED DOG legend - about friendship, family and finding your home, wherever that might be.
- A doggie for all but no one in particular
- Sometimes you pick a dog, sometimes your dog picks you
- RED DOG was the 8th highest ranking Australian film of all time, 11 days after opening, RED DOG became the highest-grossing Australian film of 2011.
Teaser trailer RED DOG:TRUE BLUE
Official Trailer RED DOG:TRUE BLUE
Original RED DOG movie Trailer
Ariana Grande is a legend. She just embarrassed Ryan Seacrest for being nosy pic.twitter.com/rJQjwn2okz— not lindsay lohan (@drugproblem) September 14, 2016
She got snippy with Ellen too about it. I hope he blacklists her tbh.
My Name Is Earl star Jason Lee quits Scientology https://t.co/OOO4tKuUgn— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) 17 settembre 2016
• "My name is Earl"'s Jason Lee and his wife moved to Denton, Texas, and were rumored to be opening a Scientology Center there
• He said: "Being that we don't practise Scientology, and that we aren't particularly interested in opening religious centres in general, we have no plans to open a Scientology centre"
• He was introduced to Scientoloy by his ex girlfriend Marissa Ribisi
• Ex wife Carmen Llywelyn (his wife from 1995 to 2001) said that their marriage ended because she couldn't accept Scientology
• "My Name is Earl"'s co-star Ethan Suplee is still a Scientologist, and he's married to fellow Scientologist Brandy Lewis, Geoffrey Lewis' daughter and Juliette Lewis' sister.
Frontwoman of Against Me!, Laura Jane Grace, has called out corporate retailer Topshop for selling a $700 leather jacket with the bands name plastered on the sleeve without permission.
This is not the first time the retailer has had such a problem, back in 2013 Rihanna won a lawsuit against Topshop for selling a shirt with her face on it.
The Vandals, also featured on the jacket, have spoken out as well. Wondering what sort of person would purchase the item.
Since Grace's tweet the garment has been removed from Topshop's website.
Source 1 and 2