Articles on this Page
- 09/09/16--18:40: _Lady Gaga confirms ...
- 09/09/16--18:43: _Daya - "Sit Still, ...
- 09/09/16--20:00: _British TV host cla...
- 09/09/16--20:00: _JonBenét Ramsey Dat...
- 09/09/16--20:02: _NETFLIX - BLACK MIR...
- 09/09/16--20:02: _ABC cancels Mistresses
- 09/09/16--20:06: _Gaga's New Single A...
- 09/09/16--20:07: _Lena Headey's Los A...
- 09/09/16--20:16: _Spice Girls Reunion...
- 09/09/16--20:17: _Stephen King weighs...
- 09/09/16--20:17: _The Magnificent Sev...
- 09/09/16--20:22: _Azealia Banks makes...
- 09/09/16--20:35: _Queen Zara Larsson ...
- 09/09/16--20:42: _New clip from Syfy'...
- 09/09/16--20:58: _‘Making a Murderer’...
- 09/09/16--22:00: _Kaia Gerber (Cindy ...
- 09/09/16--22:00: _Finding Prince Char...
- 09/09/16--22:01: _Gigi Hadid NYFW Rou...
- 09/09/16--22:01: _Céline Dion Sings N...
- 09/09/16--22:02: _Stephen Curry shows...
- 09/09/16--18:40: Lady Gaga confirms collab with Florence Welch + more!
- 09/09/16--18:43: Daya - "Sit Still, Look Pretty" Music Video
- 09/09/16--20:00: JonBenét Ramsey Dateline Special airs tonight
- 09/09/16--20:02: NETFLIX - BLACK MIRROR Full Episode Details for S3
- 09/09/16--20:02: ABC cancels Mistresses
- 09/09/16--20:16: Spice Girls Reunion is happening!!! (with a little less flavor)
- Mel B was at The Late Late Show and confirmed a Spice Girls reunion might happen for the 20th anniversary of their first Album.
- Explains that Ginger, Baby and her are on board but that the other two politely declined.
- "My other two fellow lovely ladies - you know Victoria busy with her great fashion line, Mel C is doing her own album - so they gracefully said 'you three go ahead and do it'" (sic)
- 09/09/16--20:17: The Magnificent Seven Movie Clips
- 09/09/16--20:22: Azealia Banks makes distressing statuses on facebook
- 09/09/16--20:35: Queen Zara Larsson claims her 4th Swedish #1 + coming for the US
- 09/09/16--20:42: New clip from Syfy's 'Candle Cove' inspired miniseries
- Dassey, 26, was a teen when he was convicted in 2007, along with his uncle Steven Avery, of murdering Halbach in 2005. Dassey is sentenced to 41 years in prison on charges of first-degree intentional homicide, second-degree sexual assault, and mutilation of a corpse in the Manitowoc County case. He turns 27 on Oct. 19.
- A federal magistrate judge ruled Aug. 12 that investigators used deceptive tactics to coerce Brendan Dassey to confess to helping Steven Avery rape and kill Teresa Halbach. The judge ordered that Dassey be released within 90 days, unless prosecutors appealed or retried him.
- Republican Attorney General Brad Schimel's office appealed the ruling to the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday.
- 09/09/16--22:00: Finding Prince Charming, Episode 1 Results
- 09/09/16--22:01: Gigi Hadid NYFW Round-Up
- Céline was on Stand Up 2 Cancer tonight and performed a new song P!nk wrote called Recovering
- P!nk wrote the song shortly after Céline's late husband and manager, René, died and presented it to Céline
- Céline loved it so she recorded it
- There are pictures in the background of the performance of Rene, her brother Daniel, and her dad Adhemar who passed of cancer in 2003.
- The song is up on Spotify and Apple Music as well as available for download
- Celine took a picture with Bradley Cooper as well
- Charlie Puth also posted a picture with Celine
- While in LA, Céline was asked by paparazzi if she would perform at the Super Bowl
- Celine said she would love to, and she would play football too
- Paparazzi told Celine that Adele didn't want to do the Super Bowl because she can't dance and Celine sings "I can dance, I can sing, I can fly"
- 09/09/16--22:02: Stephen Curry shows support for Colin Kaepernick
The rumors are true! Lady Gaga's upcoming album will feature a collaboration with Florence Welch!
While co-hosting BBC Radio 1's Breakfast Show this morning, she said: "Me and Florence Welch did a duet together. I started to work on an idea for a song that I really wanted to do with a girl. You'll see why when you hear the music and what the song is about. I just thought, 'Who do I want to sing with?' She's really to me if not the best, one of the greatest vocalists in the world. She's incredible."
She ALSO included that Beck and Father John Misty will be collaborators on the upcoming album!
Just hours after release, Gaga's "Perfect Illusion" became the top-selling song in over 60 countries across the globe, including the United States, the UK, and Canada.
Click here to download your copy of the track on iTunes!
VIDEO: Lady Gaga sings 'Hotline Bling' by Drake. pic.twitter.com/JjLxPnelAx— Lady Gaga Now (@LadyGagaNowNet) September 9, 2016
Has 'Perfect Illusion' grown on you yet, ONTD?
Full BBC Radio 1 interview @ Source + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5
Charlie Webster back in UK after contracting malaria at Rio Olympics | Sport | The Guardian https://t.co/iX7X4odffA— Hlthnews (@hlthnews) 3 de setembro de 2016
- British TV sports presenter Charlie Webster was Team GB's ambassador in Brazil. She fell ill after participating in a 3,000-mile charity ride to Rio (Ride to Rio).
- Her publicist told the Daily Mail: 'The doctors have now identified the very rare malaria strain she has contracted so she is receiving the right treatment in Rio.' The family did not authorize the hospital to give updates about her health status to the media; they were instead given regularly by her publicist.
- The news was widely reported around the world with headlines such as the one from the Guardian above, which says she caught malaria at the Rio Olympics; BBC's "TV presenter Charlie Webster brought out of Rio malaria coma", Evening Standard's "Charlie Webster returns home for treatment after Rio Olympics malaria 'hell'" or SKY News's "Charlie Webster's '16 Days Of Hell' In Rio After Coma"
- The Brazilian Society of Tropical Medicine was puzzled by how she could have contracted malaria, seeing as the areas where the TV presenter biked at (from Recife to Rio) do not have malaria. The medical society asked for information from the Ministry of Health, which confirmed that the several exams conducted by Fiocruz-RJ (the most important health science institution in Latin America and malaria expert) had discarded the possibility of malaria.
- It turns out that Charlie Webster really WAS ill, and it WAS very serious, but she was not diagnosed with or treated for malaria.
- Instead, medical exams prove she had an E. coli infection(which can happen if you eat undercooked meat or raw vegetables that haven't been properly washed, drink unpasteurized milk, etc - food poisoning) which led to a complication called hemolytic uremic syndrome (that explains her kidney failure).
- Webster is back in the UK after a long treatment in Rio, and fortunately rapidly improving. She recently thanked the doctors from Rio and the NHS on twitter for "literally saving her life".
Just ahead of the 20 year anniversary of the unsolved murder, Dateline has put together a 2-hour special about the case. There are interviews with the detectives, the 911 operator, and never-before-seen case documents will be presented.
Some new Black Mirror info here. Extremely faint spoilers, but if you prefer to know *100% nothing* look away now. https://t.co/8Qh40ej2cD— Charlie Brooker (@charltonbrooker) September 9, 2016
Episode 1 - San Junipero
Starring Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Mackenzie Davis
Directed by Owen Harris
Written by Charlie Brooker
- Set in the '80s, two women visit a beach town known for "sun, surf, and sex"
- Charlie Brooker describes it as "an ‘80s coming-of-age drama with a Black Mirror undertow"
- This episode is also Brooker's cheeky response to fans of the series that were afraid it'd become "Americanized", so he specifically set this episode in California
(I'm still hoping the love story is between Gugu and Mackenzie, like previously hinted at in earlier reports...)
Episode 2 - Shut Up and Dance
Starring Jerome Flynn and Alex Lawther
Directed by James Watkins
Written by William Bridges
- Set in present day much like "The National Anthem" w/o overly scifi-elements, but described as "the most grounded" of these stories
- A withdrawn 19 year old (Alex Lawther) finds himself caught in an online trap and is forced into an uneasy alliance with a man (Jerome Flynn) who both find themselves at the mercy of persons unknown
- Brooker describes it as "a kitchen sink nightmarish thriller"
Episode 3 - Nosedive
Starring Bryce Dallas Howard, Alice Eve and James Norton
Directed by Joe Wright
Written by Rashida Jones and Michael Schur
- An insecure office worker (Bryce Dallas Howard) lives in a world in which everyone obsessively ranks and rates every tiny social interaction. She thinks she finally may have found a way to rank alongside her friend (Alice Eve), who’s one of society’s elites.
- Brooker describes it as one of the most unusual episode he's done "Each episode this season is a different genre; this one is a social satire," Brooker says. "It’s got a creepy serenity to it and won’t be what people expect."
Episode 4 - Men Against Fire
Starring Michael Kelly, Malachi Kirby and Madeline Brewer
Directed by Jakob Verbruggen
Written by Charlie Brooker
- Set in a post-war future
- Two soldiers (Malachi Kirby and Madeline Brewer) are posted overseas, tasked with protecting a frightened village against horrific mutant creatures. They hope the new military technology given to them can help turn the tide
- Brooker says "It stemmed slightly from thinking about drone attacks and how technology is alternating the face of warfare, but it’s not about drones,"
- "It’s a horror thriller, almost like The Walking Dead."
Episode 5 - Hated in the Nation
Starring Kelly MacDonald
Directed by James Hawes
Written by Charlie Brooker
- Show's first ever 90-min episode
- Inspired by Scandi-Noir thrillers like The Killing and Borgen
- A police detective (Kelly MacDonald) and her geeky young sidekick investigate grisly murders that have sinister ties with social media
- Brooker teases, "It deals with online rage. It starts out like a stylish standard police procedural, then takes a bizarre turn."
Episode 6 - Playtest
Starring Wyatt Russel and Hannah John-Kamen
Directed and written by Dan Trachtenberg
- A thrill-seeking globetrotter (Wyatt Russell) visits Britain, hooks up with a woman (Hannah John-Kamen) and tests the latest in video game technology "a device as mind-bendingly sophisticated as it is terrifying."
- Brooker previously worked as a gaming journalist and this is him revisiting that world
- Brooker praises Trachtenberg saying, "Dan is fantastic at creating suspenseful and tense mood; this is our Evil Dead 2."
So which stories piques your interest the most? The first three episodes will be shown soon at upcoming festivals this month, so hopefully we'll get a trailer soon! IIRC some ONTD members have commented they are attending said festivals, lucky ducks.
Meanwhile I'll be sitting here waiting for it to premiere on Oct. 21, 2016 on NETFLIX
ABC has decided not to renew Mistresses for a fifth season.
-It didn't take long for twitter users (and ontd users) to point out that it sounded like "Papa Don't Preach"
-Both tunes have similar tempos and feel very 80's.
twitter also noticed
Perfect Illusion sounds like Papa Don't Preach lmao— Michael (@heppamichael) 9 September 2016
There hasn’t been a single listen to #PERFECTILLUSION where it hasn’t suddenly morphed into “Papa Don’t Preach” in my head.— Adam Griffiths (@adamgriffiths) 9 September 2016
the chorus of perfect illusion sounds like "Papa Don't Preach"— TYRELL WELLIT (@fakelewisem) 9 September 2016
"Perfect Illusion" totally samples Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach" but it's okay because I love that song and I also love Lady Gaga so...— Skye the Chatterbox (@SkyeCharMel) 9 September 2016
The house was bought for only $750,000, so the entire house had to be renovated and remodeled. The article reveals that Lena's now 1-year old baby daughter's name is "Teddy" (the paternity is still a secret).
you can see all the photos and read Lena's thoughts and ideas about the renovation, remodeling and design of her home at this SOURCE
hope this is ok mods
Aaaand Baby Spice being cute with the QUEEN OF ONTD's heart!
Can you imagine Gaga and Carly as fill ins for the SG reunion, ONTD?
Stephen King was asked to speak on the recent clown sightings that have been popping up lately.
"When I wrote my novel ‘IT’, I set it in Bangor, because it’s a town with a tough and violent history. I chose Pennywise the Clown as the face which the monster originally shows the kiddies because kids love clowns, but they also fear them; clowns with their white faces and red lips are so different and so grotesque compared to ‘normal’ people. Take a little kid to the circus and show him a clown, he’s more apt to scream with fear than laugh.
"I suspect it’s a kind of low-level hysteria, like Slender Man, or the so-called Bunny Man, who purportedly lurked in Fairfax County, Virginia, wearing a white hood with long ears and attacking people with a hatchet or an axe. The clown furor will pass, as these things do, but it will come back, because under the right circumstances, clowns really can be terrifying.
“Lon Chaney said (or is reputed to have said), ‘There’s nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight.’ Meaning, I suppose, a clown seen outside of its normal milieu, in the circus or at the fair. If I saw a clown lurking under a lonely bridge (or peering up at me from a sewer grate, with or without balloons), I’d be scared, too.”
Azealia posted this status earlier tonight about wanting to perform again and feeling like an outcast:
She later posted this:
Source 1, 2
How does this make you feel, ONTD?
iTunes | Ain't My Fault:— Zara Larsson Site (@zaralarssonsite) September 9, 2016
3. Finland (+10)
4. Qatar (+120)
22. European (+1)
23. Worldwide (+1)
46. US (+2) pic.twitter.com/8AeO8Omuel
'Ain't My Fault' is sitting at #28 worldwide right now despite zero promo or video. Bitch is coming.
I fucking love this song ONTD. Do you fucking love this song?
source: 1, 2
Fuck the US criminal justice system, tbh
Cindy Crawford's 15-year-old daughter, Kaia Gerber, has been named the 2017 face of Marc Jacobs Beauty. It's her first major campaign, but she's already been named Breakthrough Model of the Year by the Fashion Media Awards.
Gerber says of her campaign, "I’m so excited and honored that my first beauty campaign is with Marc Jacobs, an icon in the fashion industry. I’m obsessed with his beauty products, and like everything else he does, Marc Jacobs Beauty makes you feel feminine and playful.”
After taking the necessary decade long recovery period after the exploitative Boy Meets Boy show, the United States gets its first fully-gay Bachelor-esque dating show!
The show also makes history by potentially having the worst elimination gimmick in which Robert, our 'Prince Charming', gives his unbuttoned suitors a 'black tie' to signify that they passed this round. (?!?!) So...
Also, one contestant got eliminated this past night in a different kind of way...
Fired without notice because "of the liability of my tv venture". Discrimination? Boss knew before. Great timing. #FindingPrinceCharming— Chad Aaron S (@AbsolutelyChad) September 8, 2016
What did y'all think? I thought it was fairly cute, if you view it thru a bachelor frame. very stiff at times but not as awful as I thought it'd be.
source: my tv &logo's instagram page.
watch the tommyxgigi show live at 7EST
Gigi Hadid at the Daily Front Row Fashion Media Awards, September 8th. pic.twitter.com/0VTkakAZ5F— Gigi Hadid News (@GigiHadidsNews) September 9, 2016
Gigi Hadid making her way to the Daily Front Row Fashion Media Awards, September 8th. pic.twitter.com/svuSPE8DaR— Gigi Hadid News (@GigiHadidsNews) September 9, 2016
Gigi on the Good Morning America show! 😍 pic.twitter.com/kKIMaUUJVx— Gigi Hadid News (@GigiHadidsNews) September 9, 2016
Gigi out and about in New York, September 9th. (2) pic.twitter.com/E9lHIznrtU— Gigi Hadid News (@GigiHadidsNews) September 9, 2016
Gigi Hadid out and about in New York, September 9th. pic.twitter.com/f4S7cK2WJE— Gigi Hadid News (@GigiHadidsNews) September 9, 2016
SOURCES: 1, 2, 3
celinedion Thank you for your generosity. Let's Stand Up to Cancer. #su2c
She even stopped an interview to answer a phone call
SOURCES : 1st video / @celinedion / Pic With Bradley / @charlieputh / 2nd Video / Insta Video
Steph Curry was asked about Colin Kaepernick's jersey being a top-seller and said that he applauds Kaepernick for taking a stand.
He hopes this will drive the conversation to bettering equal rights. He says, "I applaud him for taking a stand and hopefully the conversation is about what his message was and not the 'Is he gonna stand or is he gonna sit?'" Curry is also impressed with Kaepernick donating money to the causes he's protesting for.