Articles on this Page
- 07/26/16--16:13: _Paul Feig Will Prod...
- 07/26/16--16:59: _Authors and book re...
- 07/26/16--17:00: _The Bachelorette: T...
- 07/26/16--17:00: _Jimmy Kimmel and Ma...
- 07/26/16--17:00: _North West: I love ...
- 07/26/16--17:58: _Ezra Miller, ONTD f...
- 07/26/16--18:12: _Jinger Duggar engag...
- 07/26/16--18:15: _Aaron Rodgers final...
- 07/26/16--18:40: _British YouTuber po...
- 07/26/16--19:52: _Animal Kingdom 1x09...
- 07/26/16--19:53: _Top Bad Seasons Fro...
- 07/26/16--21:02: _Scream 2x10 Promo "...
- 07/26/16--21:09: _Turn: Washington's ...
- 07/26/16--21:10: _Official CBB Lineup...
- 07/26/16--21:13: _Pokémon Go inspires...
- 07/26/16--21:13: _Rihanna matches Mad...
- 07/26/16--21:13: _Oprah Winfrey Joins...
- 07/27/16--05:02: _Michael Fassbender ...
- 07/27/16--06:50: _Taylor Swift Is Jus...
- 07/27/16--06:51: _New/Upcoming "He-Ma...
- 07/26/16--16:13: Paul Feig Will Produce True Story 'Supermodel Snowpocalypse'
- 07/26/16--16:59: Authors and book reviewers upset about racist book
- 07/26/16--17:00: The Bachelorette: The Mens Reunite
- 07/26/16--17:00: Jimmy Kimmel and Matt Damon: Couples Therapy Round 2
- 07/26/16--17:00: North West: I love Lady Gaga!
- 07/26/16--18:12: Jinger Duggar engaged 1 month after courtship announcement
- 07/26/16--18:40: British YouTuber potentially Kidnapped
- 07/26/16--19:52: Animal Kingdom 1x09 'Judas Kiss'
- 07/26/16--19:53: Top Bad Seasons From Good TV Shows
- 07/26/16--21:02: Scream 2x10 Promo "The Vanishing"
- 07/26/16--21:09: Turn: Washington's Spies: Season 4 will be it's last
- 07/26/16--21:10: Official CBB Lineup revealed!
- 07/26/16--21:13: Pokémon Go inspires new baby name trend
- 07/26/16--21:13: Rihanna matches Madonna's number of Billboard Hot 100 chart entries
- 07/26/16--21:13: Oprah Winfrey Joins Ava Duvernay’s ‘A Wrinkle in Time’
- Oprah Winfrey is the first big name to join Ava DuVernay's Disney film based on Madeleine L’Engle’s A Wrinkle in Time
- A Wrinkle in Time is a science fantasy novel, first published in 1963. The story revolves around a young girl whose father, a government scientist, has gone missing after working on a mysterious project called a tesseract. The guides of the children are a strange but kind trio: Mrs. Who, Mrs. Which, and Mrs. Whatsit
- Winfrey is slated to play Mrs. Which.
- 07/27/16--06:50: Taylor Swift Is Just Trying To Save Ya'll From The Apocalypse
Paul Feig Brings 'Supermodel Snowpocalypse' to Paramount (Exclusive) - The Hollywood Reporter https://t.co/WG1kj8hp5p— The Lemonade (@LemonadeShow) July 26, 2016
Paul Feig has signed on to produce the true story involving supermodels stranded in a Chilean snowstorm (I am not even joking). The film will be adapted from the Elle article written by Mickey Rapkin and it's available here if you want to read up on this story of pretty people in bad circumstances.
The Elle article with the amazing sub-headline of "This Drug-Fueled, Multimillion-Dollar Supermodel Snowpocalypse Has Been Fashion's Best-Kept Secret Since '77" goes deep into the tragic snowstorm that hit a group of supermodels and how they endured to survive the ordeal. The article is a mess in the best possible way and I highly recommend reading it for a laugh.
The story stars two sisters, one of the sisters photographer boyfriend, ad execs, a group of models including Jerry Hall and Maria Hanson and a Chilean snowstorm in the summer of 77 on a fur catalog shoot.
A snowstorm hits after our heroes arrive at a fancy mountain ski resort. Our group turns the tables on the storm and turns the resort into their own Studio 54 dance party with the other Brazilian and Argentinian patrons. To defy the odds, the models strutted down the disco's makeshift runway, casually tossing their furs aside, while the security detail picked them up.
A huge part of the story involves the group on a hunt for cocaine (spoiler alert: they find some).
They were literally still doing cocaine when the helicopter arrived to save them and they left the helicopter with bloody noses.
No one dies but at one point, the models were worried they would have to pull an Alive and eat each other.
What celeb would you like to be stranded in a Chilean snowstorm with?
There's been a bit of steadily-growing drama going around social media (both on blogs and on twitter) about e. E. Charlton-Trujillo's upcoming YA novel When We Was Fierce, a novel about an African-American youth trying to survive in his crime-ridden neighborhood after a friend was murdered by a local street gang called The Jives (yes, really). It was inspired by Trayvon Martin's murder.
While mostly-white dominated companies/websites such as Kirkus, Booklist and Library Journalhavepraised the novel for it's lyrical prose and propulsive, staccato language and intense imagery, many authors and book reviewers tell a different tale.
People are taking special issue with the vernacular used, a style of speaking the author made up despite the story being set in a contemporary urban black neighborhood and despite her saying that she wanted the piece to be an 'authentic experience'. She is quoted as saying: “Right from the jump, I could hear the music of T’s world that hadn’t existed in YA before. Slang can become dated quick, so I had a unique opportunity to incorporate some slang along with a new vernacular.”
"Broad on the daylight" (p. 67)
"I was midspeak when I got an interrupt." (p. 73)
"My think go to racing" (p. 82)
"So, you aren’t worried about Catch in speak with Nacho?" (p. 129)
"We just holdin’ time." (p. 129)
“We all held our wait.”
"Don’t talk slaves to me." (p. 7)
"Man, my pain ached!”
Other reviewers criticize the insinuation in the novel that the residents of the neighborhood (called 'The Split') are responsible for the poverty and bad perception of their area + the depiction of most of the female characters (minus the MC's love interest) as frequently-pregnant, loud and unattractive.
There haven't been any comments on the backlash from the author or the publisher (Candlewick) as of yet.
What do you guys think?
Source | Source | Source | Source
It's a special Tuesday night of The Bachelorette: Men Tell All. I'm guessing it will be at least 95% Chad-based.
With the pending release of Jason Bourne, Matt and Jimmy return to couples therapy and try again to work out their 14 year long feud.
North West shouting "I love Lady Gaga" in the car today pic.twitter.com/qXoANtwZmu— Music News & Facts (@musicnews_facts) July 26, 2016
Fashion icon North West took the time to promote her favorite popstar on Snapchat today. The little monster is heard shouting, "I love Lady Gaga!" in the snap. Talent appreciating talent!
Source | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
I read this...twice. And I've concluded that this needs a follow-up, asap. https://t.co/OeJhg3V6e4— Jermaine Dickerson (@jermainedesign) July 26, 2016
Your faves are problematic af. Studios need to do a better job vetting them before giving them multi-million dollar franchises.— Rebecca Theodore (@FilmFatale_NYC) July 26, 2016
Awesome would love to hear from Ezra Miller and his stans why these voices weren't the ones worthy of hearing. https://t.co/4xMcnRXKZ3— Shanelle Little (@ShanelleLittle) July 27, 2016
The couple says:
"So excited to share this news that we are now engaged," the pair tell PEOPLE. From both of us, thank you all for the countless well-wishes we've received during the courtship. We are so excited to take this next step in spending our lives together. We are so grateful for how the Lord has brought us together. It has been an incredible journey so far and we are excited about serving Christ together in the coming days."
i wonder how long after the wedding til she gets pregnant
If you haven't been watching this season's "The Bachelorette," one of the contestants is Jordan Rodgers, the little brother of Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers quarterback and Olivia Munn's boyfriend.
They have an estranged relationship and in a recent episode the Rodgers family made several references to their broken relationship with Aaron (without providing any explanation for the estrangement).
Aaron finally spoke out about his brother today: "I haven't seen the show, to be honest with you, so it hasn't really affected me a whole lot. As far as those kinds of things go, I've always found that it's a little inappropriate to talk publicly about some family matters, so I'm just -- I'm not going to speak on those things, but I wish him well in the competition."
source + source
ontd, would you talk about personal family matters on a reality show?
Update: police in her town have Tweeted she has been found safe
Marina is a 19 year old beauty/fashion vlogger in England. She has a pretty decent fan base but may be most notable for speaking out on being raped by human shitstain Sam Pepper in 2014. The hashtag #SaveMarinaJoyce has been trending worldwide for quite some time with thousands of people concerned this girl has been abused, drugged, and held hostage by her boyfriend. A tweet went out earlier asking fans to meet her at a location in London and people are being urged not to go as it's been an area with gun violence recently. Someone wrote a detailed blog post that shows some very bizarre behavior in her videos in the source link.
I know she's pretty unknown but this is all very concering.
10. Arrow - Season 3
7. Scrubs - Season 9
5. Parks and Recreation - Season 1
2. Dexter - Season 8
The network announced season 4 will be it's last and end after 10 more episodes
'TURN: Washington’s Spies’ has always had a lofty goal – to tell the real story of the American Revolution from the ground up. To capture the truth about the choice regular people had to make to support what has become the United States of America. It frequently involved turning against friends and family, and it always involved risking everything.
Craig Silverstein, Barry Josephson, and their incredible team introduced us to the Culper Ring who have reminded us that without human intelligence, the war may have had a very different outcome. We are excited to see this story of betrayal and rebellion, and the sacrifices therein, through to completion in a fourth season.'
Silverstien will still develop more shows for the network
Now give me hercules mulligan thanks
Renee Graziano - Mob Wives 'Reality Star'
Aubrey O’Day - Danity Kane 'Singer/Reality star'
Beth Chapman - Dog The Bounty Hunter 'Reality Star'
Frankie Grande - Ariana Grande brother 'Reality Star'
Sam Fox - Former model
Marnie Simpson - Geordie Shore Reality star
Lewis Bloor - Towie Reality star
Stephen Bear - Ex On The Beach Reality Star
Katie Waissel - X Factor contestant
Christopher Biggins - Reality Star
Grant Bovey - General business man
Helen Lederer - Actress 'AbFab'
Chloe Khan - X Factor contestant
CBB starts this Thursday. May the YT gods grace us again with coverage of the series
According to BabyCenter, some parents have begun to name their children after Pokémon after the popularity of Pokémon Go. Names like Roselia, Eevee and Onyx are said to be on the rise for girls and for boys, Ash (from Ash Ketchum), Ivy, and Shay are becoming popular.
Source: Terri Peters (Writer of the article)
lol white people
Rihanna has just matched Madonna's number of Billboard Hot 100 chart entries. This week, Rihanna's "Sex With Me," the final track on the deluxe version of her latest album "ANTI," lands at #97 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart thanks to streaming. This is Rihanna's 57th Billboard Hot 100 chart entry, which means she just tied Madonna's number of Billboard Hot 100 chart entries. Madonna's last Billboard Hot 100 chart entry was her single "Bitch I'm Madonna," from her 2015 album "Rebel Heart.""Bitch I'm Madonna" peaked at #84. Madonna and Rihanna are now both in the fourth place position of women with the most Billboard Hot 100 chart entries.
Hot 100 Chart Moves: Rihanna Matches Madonna's Hits Total https://t.co/FAatypMGsf— billboardbiz (@billboardbiz) July 27, 2016
What's your favorite Rihanna song?
Adult Swim's show Brad Neely’s Harg Nallin’ Sclopio Peepio, pokes fun at TSwift's squad intentions as well her media persona.
Are you worthy of TSwift's martian sleepover?
- 1/6 scale (12") Action Figures of He-Man & Skeletor from Mondo. (Not up on their website yet.)
- Pre-Order starts September, 2016.
- SRP is unknown at this time. Mondo will try to keep He-Man & Skeletor under $200.00
- There will be more accessories coming with the figures than what is shown in the video/image.
- For any potential future Masters of the Universe figures, Mondo will more-than-likely be sticking to core characters.