Articles on this Page
- 03/21/16--07:29: _Meghan Trainor - NO...
- 03/27/16--17:30: _Model Bar Refaeli r...
- 03/27/16--17:43: _ONTD Original: Is M...
- 03/27/16--17:46: _The Walking Dead 6x...
- 03/27/16--18:11: _ONTD Original: Icon...
- 03/27/16--18:21: _OUAT - 5.16 - Our D...
- 03/27/16--19:12: _Beyonce, J Lo and E...
- 03/27/16--19:12: _Shameless 6x12 Fina...
- 03/27/16--19:13: _8 (2) Things We Lov...
- 03/27/16--19:37: _Chris Pratt & frien...
- 03/27/16--19:48: _The Walking Dead 6x...
- 03/27/16--19:56: _Behind the Scenes o...
- 03/27/16--19:56: _.@NickJonas Unveils...
- 03/27/16--20:07: _Elementary 4x18 "Re...
- 03/27/16--20:24: _Quantico 1x16 "Clue...
- 03/27/16--20:34: _Girls 5x07 Promo - ...
- 03/27/16--20:35: _Aquaman and Cyborg ...
- 03/27/16--21:33: _michelle williams r...
- 03/27/16--22:25: _TLOP finally moving...
- 03/27/16--23:53: _Confirmed: Jon Lovi...
- 03/21/16--07:29: Meghan Trainor - NO (Music Video)
- 03/27/16--17:30: Model Bar Refaeli reveals she's having a girl and shares baby bump
- 03/27/16--17:43: ONTD Original: Is Marvel Paying Critics To Trash Batman v Superman?
- 03/27/16--17:46: The Walking Dead 6x15 "East" Promo
- 03/27/16--18:11: ONTD Original: Iconic queens of disco
- 03/27/16--18:21: OUAT - 5.16 - Our Decay - Promo
- 03/27/16--19:12: Beyonce, J Lo and Enrique performed at a wedding in Moscow
- 03/27/16--19:12: Shameless 6x12 Finale Promo & Clips
- 03/27/16--19:37: Chris Pratt & friends erect a giant cross for Easter
- 03/27/16--19:48: The Walking Dead 6x16 "Last Day on Earth" promo + Sneak Peek
- 03/27/16--19:56: Behind the Scenes of Work from Home
- 03/27/16--20:07: Elementary 4x18 "Ready or Not" Sneak Peeks
- 03/27/16--20:24: Quantico 1x16 "Clue" Promo
- 03/27/16--20:34: Girls 5x07 Promo - "Hello Kitty"
- "Critics who can’t act or know comics are a bit hypocritical, wouldn’t you say?” Fisher spoofed Wayne’s speech to Alfred. "Fans>Critics #BORGLIFE#batmanvsuperman#DC"
- Momoa: "bhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Shit made me laugh. Heehehehehe. Just go have fun watch enjoy. Proud of WB and DC There's a lot coming A LOT"
- “Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice” scored a $170.1 million in opening-weekend receipts, industry estimates revealed on Sunday.
- Now the No. 1 opening-weekend flick in the history of DC Comics films
- Now the biggest weekend ever scored by any movie in March
- 03/27/16--21:33: michelle williams release a bedding and home collection
- 03/27/16--22:25: TLOP finally moving off Tidal?
- 03/27/16--23:53: Confirmed: Jon Lovitz's Easter Bunny is Jessica Lowndes!
POP MUSIC EMERGENCY!
Bar Refaeli and husband Adi Ezra got married last year in September and announced her pregnancy on New Year's Eve. In an Instagram post, the model casually revealed the sex of her baby as she posted a picture of her belly bump at 5 months into the pregnancy.
barrefaeli My girl craved some vitamin D ☀️ #5months ✋🏼
Sources: Article + Instagram
Following Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice critical creaming, persistent rumours have cropped up on the Internet insisting that rival studio Marvel has been paying critics to pen unflattering reviews about the DC tentpole.
I have decided to investigate this shocking rumour and uncovered several disturbing facts about the studio's financial affairs…
Marvel doesn't like to pay for bathrooms:
- Marvel headquarters have only one bathroom per gender for their several hundred employees.
Marvel doesn't like to pay for directors:
- The Russo brothers haves said they've earned more money directing TV show Community than directing Marvel blockbuster Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
- Joss Whedon has stated that he earned more from his web series Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog than from directing The Avengers.
Marvel doesn't like to pay for catering:
- At the premiere of Iron Man, Marvel CEO Ike Perlmutter ordered that only potato chips be served to save money.
- At one Avengers promotional event, famished journalists raided the nearby screening of The Five-Year Engagement, which was better stocked.
Marvel doesn't like to pay for executives:
- Joss Whedon has admitted that "Marvel can be very cheap" and has indicated that this cheapness extend to Marvel current president Kevin Feige. "I don’t know a producer who’s done more and is paid less than Kevin Feige."
Marvel doesn't like to pay for actors:
- Marvel is notorious within the industry for paying its actors peanuts.
- Iron Man co-star Terrence Howard was fired after he refused to take a 60% pay-cut for Iron Man 2.
- The titular avengers (save for RDJ) were paid between $200,000 and $2,000,000 for The Avengers.
- After The Avengers went on to gross $1.5 billions, Marvel generously offered the cast a $500,000 pay raise to star in the sequel Age of Ultron.
- Marvel threatened to recast or sue the cast when they rejected that bullshit deal.
- It isn't until after Robert Downey Jr, Marvel's #1 cash cow, threatened to bail on Age of Ultron that his co-stars got bigger paychecks.
- The cast doesn't receives royalties from merchandises (not even Downey). Chris Evans says “I see my nephew wearing underwear with my face on it. […] But for some reason, (no money comes) my way.”
Marvel doesn't like to pay for Oscar campaigns:
- Despite its massive critical and financial success, The Avengers was nominated for only one technical Oscar (Best Visual Effects) in 2013. That was mainly due to the fact that Marvel refused to spend any money on award campaigning, even after parent company Disney offered to foot the bill (meaning Marvel is so cheap they won't even spend other people's money).
Shocking facts! Shocking facts indeed!
My conclusions: the truth is still out there…
ONTD, do you believe that while Marvel won't spend money to feed journalists at its own events, they would spend money for them to write negative reviews about a Zach Snyder movie?
sources: hypable, telegraph, comicsbeat, the richest, variety
Are you ready for Carol to kill people right after she left home because she didn't want to kill people, ontd?
Disco is a genre of dance-oriented music that originated in African American, gay and Latin American communities in 1970s. Musical influences include funk, soul music. Disco artist Donna Summer became the first well-known and most popular female disco artist, and also played a part in pioneering the electronic sound that later became a part of disco. Many non-disco artists recorded disco songs at the height of disco's popularity, and films such as Saturday Night Fever and Thank God It's Friday contributed to disco's rise in mainstream popularity and ironically the beginning of its commercial decline. Here are some of disco's most iconic female artists.
Donna Summer, the undisputed "Queen of Disco," was the first artist to hit #1 with three consecutive double albums, as well as the first female artist to have five top 10 singles in one calendar year. "Bad Girls," her most successful single, spent 5 consecutive weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1979.
Gloria Gaynor released the most well-known and most iconic disco song ever. Everyone knows the lyrics to the disco classic "I Will Survive."
Precious Wilson (Eruption)
While she didn't achieve the amount of success other disco singers achieved in the United States, Precious Wilson was one of the most iconic disco singers in Europe. Her Frank Farian-produced cover of Neil Sedaka's "One Way Ticket" was a huge hit in 1979.
Diana Ross, the former lead singer of The Supremes, also achieved 4 #1 Billboard Hot 100 hits during the 70s. In 1976, Diana Ross reinvented herself as a disco diva, and her disco single "Love Hangover" became a #1 hit.
Cynthia Johnson (Lipps Inc.)
"Funkytown," sung by Cynthia Johnson, held a unique record for reaching number one in 28 countries, more than any other single release until Madonna's "Hung Up" reached number one in 41 countries in 2005.
Soul and disco legend Candi Staton is most known for her 1986 single "You Got The Love," but Candi achieved massive success in 1976 with her classic disco single "Young Hearts Run Free." The song peaked at #20 on the Billboard Hot 100, and a cover version of it was featured in Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet.
Grace Jones'"I Need a Man" was her first club hit, reaching the number 1 spot on the Billboard dance chart. It also contributed to Jones' growing popularity among the gay scene.
Agnetha Fältskog & Anni-Frid Lyngstad (ABBA)
ABBA is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, with various estimates ranging from over 140 to over 500 million sold records. The group went on to have 4 Top 10 singles on the Billboard Hot 100.
Liz Mitchell, Marcia Barrett, & Maizie Williams (Boney M.)
Boney M. achieved massive success throughout Europe during the disco era. Sadly, the group never made much of a splash in the United States.
Canadian singer France Joli was only 16 years old when her debut single "Come To Me" came out. The song peaked at #15 on the Billboard Hot 100 and went on to spend 3 consecutive weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart.
Amii Stewart's debut single and cover of Eddie Floyd's "Knock on Wood" was the most successful version of the song. The disco version of the song, released in 1979, reached number one in the U.S. charts in April 1979; it also made it to the soul singles and disco charts, becoming the best-known version of the song.
Janice M. Johnson & Hazel P. Payne (A Taste Of Honey)
A Taste Of Honey's "Boogie Oogie Oogie" sold over two million copies and became one of the most recognizable songs from the disco era. A Taste Of Honey won the Grammy Award for Best New Artist of 1978.
British singer Tina Charles released her single "I Love To Love" in 1976. It went on to become an international hit, and 11-year-old Björk appeared on Icelandic radio singing "I Love to Love" through the music school she attended, which led her to a record deal and the release of her debut album.
Réjane "Reggie" Magloire & Rose Marie Ramsey (Indeep)
Although technically considered a post-disco track, Indeep's 1982 single "Last Night A D.J. Saved My Life" was a massive club hit. The group sadly became a one-hit wonder, never achieving another hit.
Cheryl Lynn's debut single "Got To Be Real" has been called one of the defining moments in disco. The song spent three weeks at number twelve on the Billboard Hot 100 pop singles chart and hit number one on the R&B chart in early-1979.
Patti LaBelle, Nona Hendryx & Sarah Dash (LaBelle)
LaBella's hit "Lady Marmalade" reached the #1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1975. Patti LaBelle sang lead vocals on "Lady Marmalade" with backing vocals being contributed by band mates Nona Hendryx and Sarah Dash. Although "Lady Marmalade" is about a prostitute, Patti LaBelle, the lead female vocal of the band, said: "I didn't know what it was about. Nobody, I swear this is God's truth, nobody told me what I'd just sung a song about."
Debbie Harry (Blondie)
In 1979, new wave band Blondie released their disco single "Heart Of Glass." The single reached number one on the singles charts in the US and the UK. In the US, the single was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America in April 1979, representing sales of one million copies. In the UK, it was certified Platinum by the British Phonographic Industry in February 1979 for sales of 600,000 copies. The song was very controversial, as fans of Blondie accused them of selling out.
Andrea True (Andrea True Connection)
Porn actress Andrea True recorded "More, More, More" in 1976 in Jamaica, where she had been appearing in a television commercial. An attempted coup prevented her from leaving the country with her wages from the commercial. Resourcefully, True called on a producer friend to come down to Jamaica to write and record the song with her. "More, More, More" went on to become a massive global hit.
Thelma Houston's cover of "Don't Leave Me This Way" is one of the most well-known disco songs ever. Houston's version of the song became an unofficial theme song for the AIDS epidemic in gay male communities of the west during the 80s. Thelma Houston's version of the song reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1977.
You might not know her name, but you've probably heard her voice before. Loleatta Holloway's disco classic "Love Sensation" was sampled numerous times: her voice was featured on Black Box's 1989 single "Ride On Time" and Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch's 1991 single "Good Vibrations." Holloway successfully sued Black Box for using her vocals without a proper credit, which led to an undisclosed court settlement in Holloway's favor.
Martha Wash (The Weather Girls)
Martha Wash is most known for the disco track "It's Raining Men." Just like Loleatta Holloway, Martha Wash also sued Black Box for the uncredited use of her vocals on their tracks "Everybody, Everybody,""Strike It Up,""I Don't Know Anybody Else," and "Fantasy." As well as suing Black Box, Martha Wash also sued C+C Music Factory for their uncredited use of her vocals on the track "Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now)."
Spanish duo Baccara reached the #1 spot in the UK in 1977 with their hit single "Yes Sir, I Can Boogie." It did not chart in the United States, despite receiving airplay in several markets. It is one of the best-selling singles of all time, despite being virtually unknown in the U.S., with an estimated total of 18 million units.
Mary Davis (The S.O.S. Band)
In 1980, The S.O.S. Band hit the #3 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 with their hit "Take Your Time (Do It Right)." The hit #1 on the Billboard Dance and Billboard R&B charts.
One-hit-wonder Anita Ward hit the #1 spot with her single "Ring My Bell" in 1979. The song was a #1 hit in the United States and the United Kingdom.
Alfa Anderson, Diva Gray, and Luci Martin (Chic)
According to guitarist Nile Rodgers, "Le Freak" was devised during New Year's Eve of 1977, as a result of his and bassist Bernard Edwards' being refused entrance to Studio 54, where they had been invited by Grace Jones, due to her failure to notify the nightclub's staff. He said the lyrics of the refrain were originally "Fuck off!" rather than "Freak out!" The song reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1978.
In 1979, Sister Sledge reached the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 with the singles "He's The Greatest Dancer" and "We Are Family."
Evelyn "Champagne" King
Another post-disco song, Evelyn "Champagne" King's "Love Come Down" was a massive hit worldwide. The song peaked at #17 on the Billboard Hot 100, as well as peaking at #1 on the Hot Dance Club Songs chart.
YouTube 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 + Wikipedia 123456789101112131415161718192021222324
Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Elton John, Sting, Patricia Kaas, and Enrique Iglesias performed at a private wedding in Moscow.
Very unattractiveSon of the founder of Russneft (one of the largest producers of oil products in Russia) had a wedding yesterday. According to Forbes they are the richest ($3,85 Billion) family in Russia, so y'all already know what it means. Yup, the wedding was expensive, tacky and full of celebs.
There is not much T about Yonce's gig, probs because of her privacy and previous drama about her performing at shady private parties. Either Bey's team cleaned everything, either she is not A-list enought in Russia.
Some sources say Elton got $7M, but I kinda don't believe it.
And Sting got $1,5M
but do we actually care?
5% of ONTD knows who Patricia Kaas is, so, whatever
And just if you were wondering, that's how the bride looked in her custom Elie Saab gown, and if you are brave enough, you can look at the groom's face, but please don't (the low quality of the photo is intentional).
would you marry an ugly billionaire, ontd?
3 movies about The Punisher. THREE movies!! (so far). And none of them are good. So this version hits the right amount of ultraviolence, gore and sorrowful moments of contemplation when he talks about his family, creating a more authentic and multilayered character.
Frank Miller said this version wasn't "his Elektra" and he's probably right, but that doesn't mean it was a bad adaptation. Her whole arc and development was really interesting and deep (as deep as you can get for a secondary character in a show with several main plot arcs), making her another well layered character. Also she's a badass.
Take a shot of Tequila every time someone mentions "Black Sky". Good Luck!
What things you loved and hated about this season, ONTD?
I agree with almost everything in this article, the pace especially
was vastly improved. I disagree about DD, he was more interesting in S2
Chris Pratt posted a series of pictures on Instagram of himself and two friends erecting a large metal cross on top of a hill
Pick the spot
Stop for a break
Dig the hole
Get it level
Cement it in
Reigning king of pop Nick Jonas unveiled the album cover for his latest project Last Year Was Complicated, dropping June 10th. The #Close crooner revealed the album's title and release date earlier in the week on Twitter.
'Jealous' by Nick Jonas is now officially VEVO Certified, it's his first music video to reach this milestone! pic.twitter.com/n1YLNlGrkx— Shady Music Facts (@musicnews_shade) March 27, 2016
High five to Jesus! The ONTD fav's mega-smash hit Jealous has surpassed 100 million views on YouTube/Vevo.
Paraphrased from @NickyJ. @ShadyMusicFacts. YouTube.
When a survivalist doctor goes missing, Holmes and Watson must determine whether he’s purposely gone off the grid or if he’s a victim of foul play. Also, Holmes exhibits odd behavior when his romantic relationship with Fiona (Betty Gilpin) hits a critical point.
Lucy Liu on Instagram: “3 directors, 1 DP, 1 Producer and an actress walk into a diner...1st day directing season 4 @elementaryofficial”
jonny lee miller on Instagram: “@lucyliu directing again! I look terrible in this photo but #IDGAF #elementary”
OP: "Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!"
As promisedMe with Aiden Quinn. Great actor and a really lovely man pic.twitter.com/XCM5cGrzPu— john noble (@thejohnnoble) 24 March 2016
Source 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6
No new episode next Sunday because of some country music awards thing. Two back-to-back episodes will air in two weeks, though. In the meantime, Rush Hour starring
Hannah is reprimanded by the school principal, and her response infuriates Fran (Jake Lacy). At Adam’s play, a nervous Jessa worries about seeing Hannah after their fight, and Marnie shares news with Ray. Elijah attends a swanky party at Dill’s (Corey Stoll) apartment, where he gets the impression that he might be one of many.
Jason Momoa (Aquaman) and Ray Fisher (Cyborg) have chimed in on BvS reviews
damn mods did marvel pay u tew
- michelle williams has finally launched the line with the collection available on evine
- the collection was inspired by her grandmother and mother’s love of making their own interiors – including hand-stitched quilts
- her bedding collection is exquisite and she is too
- michelle is the most talented destiny's child. beyonce is overrated
- "believe at home" by michelle williams bedding & home line available on evine
s1 / s2 / s3
post pics of your bed ontd
-Famous is now available on Apple Music and Spotify
-Features a lyric change from 'she be Puerto Rican day waving' to 'she be in school to be a real estate agent
-album is still a work in progress
source // source
Jon Lovitz took to his twitter today to confirm his relationship with Jessica Lowndes of 90210 and A Deadly Adoption fame!