Articles on this Page
- 12/15/15--13:47: _The Royals 2x06 “Do...
- 12/15/15--13:47: _Tom Brady Asked Abo...
- 12/15/15--13:48: _ONTD Original: Best...
- 12/15/15--14:38: _Bill Cosby sues 7 o...
- 12/15/15--14:38: _Star Wars Re-Enacte...
- 12/15/15--14:52: _Broad City trailer ...
- 12/15/15--14:52: _ONTD Original: 10 G...
- 12/15/15--15:29: _Star Wars breaks Pr...
- 12/15/15--15:29: _Lupita ate her Star...
- 12/15/15--15:42: _TNT renews The Libr...
- 12/15/15--16:22: _Star Wars III Reven...
- 12/15/15--16:23: _Years & Years did L...
- 12/15/15--16:23: _Buzzfeed, of all pl...
- 12/15/15--16:24: _Use The Force to De...
- 12/15/15--16:24: _DJ Khaled Almost Ge...
- 12/15/15--16:24: _'Love Actually' scr...
- 12/15/15--16:24: _ STAR TREK BEYOND W...
- 12/15/15--16:25: _Human Rights Founda...
- 12/15/15--17:12: _Kareem Abdul-Jabbar...
- 12/15/15--17:53: _Is Disney's Diamond...
- 12/15/15--13:47: The Royals 2x06 “Doubt Truth to Be a Liar” Promo
- 12/15/15--13:48: ONTD Original: Best Red Carpet Looks of 2015
- 12/15/15--14:38: Bill Cosby sues 7 of his accusers
- 12/15/15--14:38: Star Wars Re-Enacted In 86 Seconds: Hollywood Strikes Back
- 12/15/15--14:52: Broad City trailer for Sisters
- 12/15/15--14:52: ONTD Original: 10 Gun Owning Stars
- 12/15/15--15:29: Star Wars breaks Pre-Sales Record
- 12/15/15--15:29: Lupita ate her Star Wars costume and plays 'Heads Up!' on Ellen
- 12/15/15--16:22: Star Wars III Revenge of the Sith Honest Trailer
- 12/15/15--16:23: Years & Years did Live Lounge today.
- 12/15/15--16:23: Buzzfeed, of all places, goes in on Tyler Oakley
- 12/15/15--16:24: Use The Force to Determinate your Star Wars Soundtrack Match
- 12/15/15--16:24: DJ Khaled Almost Gets Lost at Sea, Snapchats Entire Thing
- 12/15/15--16:24: STAR TREK BEYOND Will Politely Ignore INTO DARKNESS
- 12/15/15--17:12: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is not a fan of Donald Trump
Is anyone still watching this with me? I LOVE it. I'm ready for my JasperxEleanor reunion already.
While on WEEI 93.7 with Dennis & Callahan, New England Patriot Tom Brady was asked if he would support Donald Trump for President and he says:
GERRY CALLAHAN: Donald Trump said last week that Tom goes around telling everyone how great he is. He’s using Tom as sort of, to move his popularity forward in Massachusetts. That’s what the story said. So, I’ll ask it one more time, just so it’s clear, just for the record. Are you supporting Donald J. Trump for president in 2016?
TOM BRADY: Can I just stay out of this debate? Donald, he’s a good friend of mine. I’ve known him for a long time. I support all my friends. That’s what I have to say. He’s a good friend of mine. He’s always been so supportive of me, for the last 15 years, since I judged a beauty pageant for him, which was one of the very first things that I did that thought was really cool. That came along with winning the Super Bowl. He’s always invited me to play golf. I’ve always enjoyed his company. I support all my friends in everything they do. I think it’s pretty remarkable what he’s achieved in his life. I mean, going from business, kind of an incredible businessman and then a TV star, and then getting into politics. It’s a pretty different career path. I think that is pretty remarkable.
JOHN DENNIS: Tom, I want to save you here. When you say you support all your friends, that can be interpreted as you are supporting Donald Trump over Ted Cruz, over Hillary Clinton—
CALLAHAN: How do you know he’s not friends with Ted Cruz?
DENNIS: Well, I don’t know, I’m trying to clear the air.
CALLAHAN: Do you have any other friends in the field?
BRADY: This is really important to you guys, huh?
DENNIS: Well, no, but you’re being misquoted. That’s how people will run with that.
Let's be real, the best part about any premeire or awards show is judging the fashion, and while there have been A LOT of misses (stay tuned for my Part II: Worst Red Carpet Looks of 2015), 2015 has provided us with some looks for the history books. Obviously, this is all subject to interpretation, so post your faves (just be aware that some of them might actually be on the Worst list...)!
Golden Globe Awards
InStyle Celebration of The 2016 Golden Globe Awards Season
Cannes'Mad Max: Fury Road Premeire
Cannes'Mad Max: Fury Road Premeire
Cinderella LA Premeire
Met Ball After Party
Burberry "London in Los Angeles" Event
Cate Blanchett - Giles
Golden Globe Awards
Golden Globe Awards
Golden Globe Awards
Cannes Opening Night
Golden Globe Awards
He claims the women made "malicious, opportunistic and false and defamatory accusations of sexual misconduct against him."
The lawyer who represents the women, Joseph Cammarata, had this to say: "If anyone is surprised by Cosby's actions today, they shouldn't be. He's taken a page out of the defense attorney's playbook in an effort to shift the focus of this legitimate inquiry. It is curious that he has filed a claim only against these seven women, when there are scores of other women who have made similar allegations of sexual abuse and assault against Mr. Cosby."
Attorney Gloria Allred told USA TODAY: "Bill Cosby appears to be going to war against women who have sued him in Massachusetts and who allege that he has victimized them. Although I do not represent the women in that case, I do believe that in general that such a tactic will not deter courageous women from fighting the battle against him."
Almost here y'all!
would you watch a movie with FOUR sisters?!
Gun ownership and gun regulation is a very popular topic in the United States, especially with gun violence being in the news everyday. As the debate on guns rages on, let us take a look at 10 celebrities who you probably did not know are gun owners:
A favorite with conservatives, Chris Pratt has made it clear that he is pro-guns. He revealed that he owns 30 to 40 guns that he keeps stashed in his Washington home, since many of the guns he owns aren't legal in California. Although he is pro-guns, Chris Pratt thinks that there should be background checks before someone purchases a gun, because he fears that a gun could fall into the hands of someone who is mentally ill.
In 2008, humanitarian queen Angelia Jolie revealed that she is a gun owner and she knows how to use guns. The owner of a $400K gun range that her husband Brad Pitt built for her, Angelina said that she owns a gun in order to protect her children from home intruders.
Angelia Jolie's husband Brad Pitt also owns guns. He revealed that he's been a gun owner since he was in kindergarten, and received his first shotgun when he was in first grade. When talking about guns, Brad Pitt had this to say: "America is a country founded on guns. It’s in our DNA. It’s very strange, but I feel better having a gun. I really do."
In 2013, the gun owning progressive pop star Madonna spoke out in favor of guns, saying "Guns don’t kill people, people kill people."
Sharing the same sentiment as Madonna, gun owning actor Jeremy Renner said "I'm for guns. I own guns and I don't think guns kill people, I think people kill people."
Reality TV star Heidi Montag revealed that she owns an arsenal of guns in her California home. She says that owning guns make her feel "proud to be an American." She also went on, saying that "it is one of the greatest rights" as an American.
Johnny Depp owns guns and he has taken his kids out to teach them how to use them on multiple occasions. Talking about taking his kids out to gun ranges, Johnny said "We would just go out and line up a bunch of cans and shoot with rifles, handguns and at times, submachine guns."
Country singer Miranda Lambert revealed that she's a gun owner and has a license to carry a gun after having received a death treat. Miranda said "I got a death threat a few years ago and was really scared. But I don't want bodyguards. I am my own security." She also said "I’m a lifetime member of the NRA."
Robert Downey Jr.
Robert Downey Jr. used to be a gun owner, but he got his guns taken away when he was placed on probation for drug charges. Robert revealed that he would like his guns back, saying "I don’t think I’m allowed to have a gun anymore. They took it. I think I deserve to have it back when my probation is over. It’s not like I did anything with the gun except pretend that I was skilled in its use."
In 2012, Whoopi Goldberg revealed that she is a member of the NRA on The View. When asked if she was carrying a gun, she replied "You don’t want to find out."
-Already sold $100M in advanced tickets
-$50M-$60M of the total is just for the opening weekend
-The previous record-holder was The Dark Knight Rises with $25M
SRC. YAS, coming for Avatar's #1 spot
- auditioned for Star Wars in the same week that she won her Oscar
- didn't know she was auditioning for Star Wars, just knew it was for J.J. and a "big movie"
- gave her a substitute script, not the real one.
- was told it was a motion-capture role and she was interested in it
- had to wear more than 125 dots each time she filmed
- couldn't take them off when eating so she had to eat them and have them put new ones on
- the dots capture her expression
TNT renewed The Librarians, Major Crimes, and Murder in the First but cancelled Legends, Agent X, and Public Morals.
Years & Years did a mash-up of Hotline Bling by Drake and Dark Horse by Katy Perry.
Olly sounds nice :)
A summary (since Buzzfeed isn't a banned source!):
- just finished filming reality show The Amazing Race
- he 'wrote' a book called 'Binge'
- his show 'Snervous' has been a big selling hit. He travels around and performs for about an hour for an audience of mainly teenage girls and their parents.
- his persona is relatable, modest, and in a state of constant surprised bubbliness: i wonder why these amazing things are happening to lil ol' me!. everything is 'crazy' to him.
- youtube success is mainly marketed on being different to 'real' celebrities - more relatable and accessable. there has to be a percieved authenticity about who they are.
- but his 'relatable' persona has to appeal to his white, teenage audience who can afford to buy a $40 ticket to a show, or at least convince their parents to.
- in order to do this, but still enjoy being a celebrity, he does things like wear a tailored armani tux to a premiere, but then put a self-deprecating caption on instagram of a photo of him in it.
- he's part of a youtuber clique that produces content online as well as profitting from book sales and sponsored deals.
- these youtubers are all young (20s or early 30s), white, and 'relatable'/goofy/atypical from the 'beautiful celebrity' idea.
- the writer points out that this doesnt seem like it is being more inclusive to the outcasted as the youtubers themselves suggest, but instead contributes to the idea that you have to be white, rich, and attractive to be successful.
- it's a very exclusive club, and the market around 'relatability' is just a way to profit from the idea that Youtubers are more authentic from other celebrities.
- made a very messy video a few years back insulting 'forced' diversity. when he was called out on in by Franchesa Leigh, former(?) ONTD member who nows works for MTV and makes Youtube videos, he made a Tumblr post titled 'On Privilege' which seemed reluctant to criticize his own video but tried to seem self-aware.
- the writer says what once seemed authentic about YouTube now just seems like a marketing strategy to get more views and make money.
- he has hinted that he wants a career outside of YouTube.
ONTD, do you think the facade of 'accessible' celebrity in YouTube culture is fading? Do you think that any of them will go on to have careers they are known for outside of YouTube?
Spotify and StarWars joined forces to bring you to the dark side which everyone knows have great songs, cookies and now this new service: going to spotify-starwars.com will match users up with a Star Wars character based on their musical taste.
Like you can see in the image I'm a First Order Stormtrooper, whatever that means, and got a bunch of great rock songs \m/ (`◉ _◉´) \m/
So who's your SW match?
- stopped by Rick Ross's waterfront place in Miami on his jet ski
- left at dusk and didn't make it back before sunset
- gets lost af
- used his phone's flashlight to light his way AND to post snap on snapchat
- here is a video of all his snaps of the ENTIRE journey under the cut (thx blacktinbox)
+ one last piece of advice:
I made it I'm back thank u to all yall checking in please never try to drive Jets skies at night and especially if your lost at sea bless up— DJ KHALED (@djkhaled) December 15, 2015
what are some of the best/worst snaps you've seen?
At a midnight screening of 'Love Actually' a few days ago, one of the screenwriters, and partner of Richard Curties took to opportunity to clear up some question about how some things in the movie came to be and what happened to the characters after.
Originally Rowan's character over-wrapped the gift on purpose to stop Alan rickman being able to buy the necklace. Because he was an angel.— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
January jones wrote half of her lines. She was sooooo funny when we filmed that scene. #LoveActually— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
In the original edit sam did amazing parcour all through the airport when he ran to find his girlfriend. #LoveActually— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
Richard only called colin firth's character 'jamie' so the kids could say 'I hate uncle jamie'. His brother is called jamie. #LoveActually— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
Just incase you were worried, martin freeman had a little sock on his willy. #LoveActually— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
I 'designed' the kiss between colin firth and the Portuguese girl. My signature move? His thumb on her lip before they snog. #boom— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
The sadder facts:
@Kyra_B tragic i'm afraid.— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
@carlotta429 DEFINITELY had an affair. i begged richard just to make it a flirtation, but no. the whole way.— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
If you remember, the scene in which Mia put on the necklace is in her bedroom with crumpled sheets - it was a hint at who had just been over.
@JPerlstrom they stay together but home isn't as happy as it once was.— emma freud (@emmafreud) December 13, 2015
sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
From their press release:
"José Eduardo dos Santos has ruled the southwestern African country of Angola with an iron fist for more than three decades. He installed his family as owners of the country’s major businesses, and ordered the routine harassment, arrest, and execution of politicians, journalists, activists, and students who oppose the government and expose its corruption."
Why do so many pop stars perform for dictatorships? Are they that hard up for money? Do they not have a manager or agent to vet this shit?
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar wrote an article for TIME where he calls Trump out. I suggest everyone goes to the source to read the full thing, but here are snippets:
- Says Trump has more in common with ISIS than he does with America
- Calls Trump ISIS’s greatest triumph - "the perfect Manchurian Candidate who, instead of offering specific and realistic policies, preys on the fears of the public, doing ISIS’s job for them.”
- Says "While Trump is not slaughtering innocent people, he is exploiting such acts of violence to create terror here to coerce support."
- Says Trump's supporters are "impervious to facts or truth" and that they lack critical thinking skills.
Debate post or nah? Also, eveofrevolution is trying to revive ontd_political, so go join.
Disney’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarves on Digital HD Jan 19th & Blu-ray Feb 2nd https://t.co/j1PXmqY6jb— Chip and Company (@chipandcompany) December 4, 2015
Some special features listed behind the cut
-For the first time ever, hear Walt himself talk about Snow White
-Iconography – Explore how this film influences pop culture, art, and fashion
-@DisneyAnimation: Designing Disney’s First Princess – Modern day Disney artists discuss the design of Snow White and how it influenced the look of some of your favorite Disney characters
-Snow White in Seventy Seconds – Rap along with this hip reimagining of the story
-Alternate Sequence: The Prince Meets Snow White – A never–before-seen story board sequence where the Prince meets Snow White; and More!
Are you into double dipping? Best Disney movie?