Articles on this Page
- 12/03/15--13:02: _Two New Captain Ame...
- 12/03/15--13:12: _ONTD Original: Best...
- 12/03/15--14:22: _Marc Guggenheim cal...
- 12/03/15--14:22: _Coldplay set to put...
- 12/03/15--14:23: _Mariah Carey paid $...
- 12/03/15--14:25: _Joanna Angel, James...
- 12/04/15--09:29: _Christian Bale thou...
- 12/04/15--11:24: _New 'Macbeth' clips
- 12/04/15--11:25: _Chinese poster of S...
- 12/04/15--11:26: _Lee Pace wants you ...
- 12/04/15--11:28: _björk - mouth mantra
- 12/04/15--11:29: _Aretha Franklin dou...
- 12/04/15--12:20: _Little Mix and One ...
- 12/04/15--12:22: _Viola Davis On Janu...
- 12/04/15--12:25: _Fifth Harmony looks...
- 12/04/15--12:27: _Tiffany Thornton's ...
- 12/04/15--12:39: _Olivia Munn Reacts ...
- 12/04/15--12:39: _Ellen Page roundup!...
- 12/04/15--12:39: _Cristiano Ronaldo r...
- 12/04/15--12:39: _Anna Kendrick Had A...
- 12/03/15--13:02: Two New Captain America: Civil War Stills from EW
- 12/03/15--13:12: ONTD Original: Best Songs Written About Actors
- 12/03/15--14:22: Marc Guggenheim calls out Olicity fans
- 12/03/15--14:22: Coldplay set to put America to sleep on February 7, 2016
- 12/03/15--14:23: Mariah Carey paid $300,000 for 45-minute appearance
- 12/04/15--09:29: Christian Bale thought Teresa Palmer was a STRIPPER
- 12/04/15--11:24: New 'Macbeth' clips
- 12/04/15--11:25: Chinese poster of Star Wars gains racist blacklash
- 12/04/15--11:28: björk - mouth mantra
- 12/04/15--11:29: Aretha Franklin doubts Adele's longevity
- Legendary singer Aretha Franklin speaks up about the Adele hype bandwagon.
- She says Adele's music is very relatable, but warns that sales are not the only factor that make a legendary vocalist.
- Aretha says that Adele has yet to stand the test of time as a vocalist because album sales don't make a legend.
- 12/04/15--12:20: Little Mix and One Direction battling it out for WORST BAND award
- 12/04/15--12:22: Viola Davis On January 2016 Cover of Instyle Magazine
- 12/04/15--12:25: Fifth Harmony looks fed up and pretty much done.
- 12/04/15--12:27: Tiffany Thornton's husband, Chris Carney, dies in car accident
- 12/04/15--12:39: Olivia Munn Reacts to Aaron Rodgers' Hail Mary Pass: Motown Miracle
- 12/04/15--12:39: Ellen Page roundup! Her new puppy + movie updates
- 12/04/15--12:39: Cristiano Ronaldo rumours and Spanish football (hot mess) news
- 12/04/15--12:39: Anna Kendrick Had A Lot of Feelings About "The Wiz Live"
oops, this time with sources
Creative types often attract other creative types. It's no secret that musicians and actors go together like peanut butter and jelly, or spaghetti and meatballs. Sometimes, musicians and actors don't even have to be in a relationship to inspire the other. Whatever way it comes about, you get MUSIC GOLD. THAT'S WHAT.
I love drama and gossip, so this is a follow up to my previous post.
Okay, so Lenny has never confirmed that this song is about his first wife Lisa Bonet. However, given the rocky relationship the pair shared towards the end of their marriage in 1993, it's not hard to assume that Lenny wrote this with her in mind. Their marriage ended among rumors that Lenny had cheated on Lisa with Madonna while he worked on the song, "Justify My Love."
It's no secret that Taylor takes inspiration from her real life relationships to pen her songs. So, naturally, the singer was going to write one about her 3 month long romance with Jake Gyllenhaal. There are many clues strewn through the lyrics that make it hard to dispute the subject.
Is #RedMuse better than #1989Muse? Hard to say, because "All Too Well" might be Taylor's best song ever. Well, until we get her EDM album inspired by Calvin.
"I have confirmed that the second verse is Warren... Warren thinks the whole thing is about him," Simon said. "He certainly thought it was about him--he called me and said thanks for the song."
Carly and Warren had a short romance in 1971, and she reveals many details in her new memior "Boys in the Trees" available here.
Howard Stern revealed that Simon confided in him that the song was about 3 people. Would Carly ever reveal the other two names? ""Probably, if we were sitting over at dinner and I said: 'Remember that time you walked into the party and ...I don't know if I'll do it. I never thought I would admit that it was more than one person!"
No one likes being dragged through the mud in a song, but thanks to Dave Coulier, we got one of the best break-up songs of all time. However, he HATES that he's associated with the song, and likes to back track saying it's not about him. But Alanis knows, WE know.
Dave said this when the song first came out, ""There was a lot of familiar stuff because she was writing a lot of material when we were dating, so there were some familiarities all throughout Jagged Little Pill. The one that got me was, 'I hate to bug you in the middle of dinner.' That was because we had already broken up and she had called—she was living in Canada at the time—she called, and I said, 'Hey, I'm right in the middle of dinner, can I just call you right back?' I remember that line when I heard 'You Oughta Know,' and I just went...it was like, 'Uh-oh.'"
Okay, so this one is more speculative than anything-- HOWEVER, the lyrics are undeniably about someone looking to leave a relationship. The fact that Mandy provides the backing vocals to this song (something she's only done for Ryan 3 times in their nearly 6 year relationship) adds more wood to my fire. The album was released in September of 2014, Moore and Adams announced their split the following January. Coincidence? Probably not, but I like to believe where there's smoke there's fire.
Michael and Emily dated from 2005 to 2008. Buble had this to say about his hit, "I wrote the song about the great happiness of real love, but at the same time I was making a statement about the world. We’re living in really crazy times, and I wanted to say that no matter what’s happening, this person in my life is what really makes it worthwhile."
Rumors came out (true rumors) that Buble cheated on Blunt, which ultimately lead to their break up. Buble says THAT'S NOT TRUE! WAH! "It didn't end because of cheating. It ended because we weren't right for each other, and we are now exactly where we're supposed to be in our lives."
When Emily was asked about the rumors she said, "I don’t know, it’s complicated,” Blunt, 32, admitted. “I never want to talk about it. I can’t do it."
Jennifer Love Hewitt dated LFO singer Rich Cronin met in 1999 and they dated for a year. In an interview with Howard Stern, Cronin said, "We had the same publicist, so I started to talk to her and I couldn’t believe it. She kept talking to me and talking to me. She was actually interested. Later on that night, she gave me her number. I was floored. I was so anxious about calling her."
However, according to Cronin's interview, things went south when Jennifer was photographed with other men in NYC. The pair broke it off immediately. Yikes.
Jim Weatherly penned this classic song, so the subjects of this song might not seem so strange learning that. Weatherly was old college buddies with Lee Majors. He called up Majors' home one night and Majors' girlfriend, Farrah Fawcett, answered the phone.
"Farrah answered the phone. She said Lee wasn't home and that she was packing to take a midnight plane to Houston to visit her folks. What a great line for a song, I thought." Weatherly penned the song from Majors and Fawcett's point of view, making them characters of the song.
Weatherly then offered the song to ONTD Fave Cissy Houston who thought that it would sound better as "Midnight Train to Georgia." The change stuck, and when the song made it's way into Gladys Knights' hands, it became a hit.
John had a crush on the then married Olivia Wilde. Shortly after this song, she divorced her first husband, BUT NOT FOR MAYER. Just, because. Pretty cut and dry. lol.
Nobody complained about "regression" when Oliver fell off the no-killing wagon to save Felicity from Count Vertigo. Interesting.— Marc Guggenheim (@mguggenheim) December 3, 2015
Oliver chose to keep his child a secret from Felicity because the kid's mother gave him an ultimatum, it was either that or not seeing the kid at all. Felicity found out a minute after Oliver that he had a child and when he came back she confronted him for lying to her and broke up with him. It turned out that Barry went back in time when it all played out and that it led to everyone dying, so he told present!Oliver about it and Oliver made the same choice in the end. Fans say that this went against all of Oliver's previous growth so Marc Guggenheim compared Oliver choosing to be able to see his child without messing up his life to a situation where someone was about to kill Felicity, in both situations Oliver chose to go against his beliefs for the sake of another person. Do you think this was regression?
Coldplay has just been announced as the Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show headliner.
Demanded to be referred to as "Queen of Christmas"
The holiday season is never complete without an appearance from Mariah Carey.
That's why Pier 1 recently paid the singer-songwriter $300,000 to appear at a pop-up “Pier 1 Imports: Christmas Pop-Up Storybook" store in New York City. Carey spoke to the crowd and took photos for no more than an hour.
According to an inside source, Carey requested that event staff introduce her as the "best-selling female artist of all time" and refer to her as the "Queen of Christmas" throughout the event.
On December 5, Carey will also be making a promotional appearance at the Prudential Center in New Jersey for the "Hot for the Holidays featuring Busta Rhymes & Friends" event. Carey collaborated with Busta Rhymes on their hit 2002 single, "I Know What You Want."
Photos (There are no individual galleries)
Are you highly sought after at holiday functions?
With the number of women accusing James Deen of sexual assault rising to five on Wednesday (refer to this buzzfeed article for all victim's accounts), adult actress and ex-girlfriend of the porn star Joanna Angel spoke out on his capacity for violence throughout their six-year relationship.
1) Deen choked Angel in her sleep
2) When things didn’t go well on set, he took his anger out on Angel
3) At parties he was charming, but in private he was a “monster”
4) He feared being known by his true identity
5) He treated women like objects despite being considered a feminist
6) He nearly drowned her in a sink
7) He was controlling of every aspect of their relationship, especially sex
More (very graphic) details at the second source.
Christian Bale talks about filming Terrence Malick's Knight of Cups and being one of Hollywood's most reclusive actors in a recent interview. He describes a moment during filming in which he's in a strip club. At one point, he goes up to Teresa Palmer and starts to ask her questions about her stripping, not realizing that she is actually an actress. Some of the questions he asked her include whether or not she enjoys stripping, and what made her want to become a stripper. He didn't realize that Teresa Palmer wasn't really a stripper until a week after filming, when he saw her face on a billboard.
That Time Christian Bale Thought Teresa Palmer Was A Stripper https://t.co/6uXjbJuPTS— CINEMABLEND (@cinemablend) December 4, 2015
* John Boyega is noticeably smaller in the Chinese poster and placed beneath Han Solo and Princess Leia.
Side by side Comparison
-Lee is currently filming "The Keeping Hours" in LA, btw.
-2015 UN Conference on Climate Change is in Paris
-Has been facing controversy. Certain developed nations have been calling for more stringent regulations on developing nations.
-Opens an ethical question: Is is right to stifle developing nations growth after nations like the US truly flourished due to the industrial revolution? For the benefit of the planet, but at the expense of said nations?
-Controversy of certain nations sketchy reporting, etc.
-The Death Eaters in Congress (G.O.P.) has already started attempting to undermine the US pledge of reducing emissions by 26%. This attempt is called the "Clean Power Plan".
-The House approved two resolutions which would stop the EPA from enforing rules surrounding power plant emissions, both new and existing. These new rules are critical to the success of the Clean Power Plan.
-President Obama promises to VETO, of course.
ONTD, why do the GOP try and literally ruin everything? They might as well be Hydra. What do you feel about this conference, and do you think every nation should have the same regulations and reporting standards?
Adele's Big Week: Clive Davis, Aretha Franklin, Music Industry Insiders Weigh In on '25' Making History https://t.co/GwbYXaSFOx— billboardbiz (@billboardbiz) December 3, 2015
Little Mix and One Direction have been nominated for the "WORST BAND" category at the NME awards.
Little Mix's last single "Love Me Like You" peaked at #13 in the UK.
Their album debuted outside of the Top 10 in the US recently, a first for the group.
One Direction's last single "Infinity" peaked at #36 in the UK and #54 in the US.
One Direction was most recently blocked from getting a #1 album in the US by Justin Bieber.
Who is worse: Little Mix or One Direction?
The issue hits stands December 11th.
Lol well that was awkward pic.twitter.com/hDEg5l939z— Selena Gomez (@Jairrrito) December 4, 2015
Sources: 1 - 2
Tiffany Thornton's Husband Chris Carney Dies in Car Wreck https://t.co/k29yrUBaGQ— TMZ (@TMZ) December 4, 2015
He and a passenger were killed early this morning in a single car accident. Chris was 35 and leaves behind Tiffany and their two children.
I just lost my voice 💚💛💚😱💚💛😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱👍✋👊👏👏👏— oliviamunn (@oliviamunn) December 4, 2015
Olivia Munn was very happy about her boyfriend Aaron Rodgers' game-winning Hail Mary during the Green Bay Packers vs. Detroit Lions game on Thursday, Dec. 3.
The Packers were down 20 points to the Lions in the third quarter. In the final moment of what looked like a loss for Green Bay, Rodgers threw the ball 61 yards down the field, resulting in the Packers' 27 to 23 victory.
Rodgers spoke to CBS Sports about his throw. "That's the most amazing game of my life," he said. "To be a part of that, never give up. I can't believe Richard got it... That's the greatest feeling I've had in a long time."
@MNevala9 Thanks for the love but all congrats go to the team. Like the rest of Packer Nation, I'm just really happy for them. 💚💛👏👏👏👏👏— oliviamunn (@oliviamunn) December 4, 2015
Source: 1, 2, &3
What has our favorite tiny Canadian been up to lately?
Well, her upcoming movie Tallulah, in which she plays a woman who tries to pass off another person's baby (Alexander Skarsgard's?) as her own, has been selected to compete in the Sundance Film Festival. Here is a pic of Ellen with her itty bitty costar.
She and her girlfriend adopted an adorable puppy named Patters!
Ellen has a new documentary about LGBTQ culture around the world called Gaycation coming up for Viceland.
Freeheld has been named one of this year's best films for queer women. The film, long a passion project for our tiny Canadian, stars Julianne Moore and Page as Laurel Hester and Stacie Andree, a cop and her partner who struggle to have Hester's pension benefits passed to Andree after Hester is diagnosed with cancer.
And, last but not least, Freeheld will be coming to Blu-Ray this winter. The movie received praise from gay activists, fans, and the LGBTQ community, but it was given mixed reviews and never did achieve commercial success.
- the bizarre story surfaced following pundit's comments on French TV,
- Ronaldo has dated a string of supermodels, including Russian Irina Shayk,
- the Portuguese player is said to take regular trips to Morocco to visit Hari for 'cuddles'.
- will pay a fine and receive a one-year suspended sentence,
- the deal is expected to be confirmed in court at a later date.
- have been thrown out of the Copa del Rey for fielding an ineligible player,
- Denis Cheryshev should have been suspended after he received three yellow cards for Villarreal in the competition last season,
- The Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) confirmed the decision on Friday and fined Real Madrid €6,001.
😂😂😂😭😭😭😂😂😂— Gerard Piqué (@3gerardpique) grudzień 2, 2015
Last night Anna Kendrick live-Tweeted NBC's live production of "The Wiz."
"YES YOU STUPID BITCH! SSSSSING!" - me, 7 times so far #TheWizLive— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) December 4, 2015
Queen Latifah's hair is like Miranda Priestly tribute but less basic #TheWizLive— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) December 4, 2015
The revelation that the all-powerful Wiz is secretly an unkempt loser is a legit metaphor for my life.#TheWizLive— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) December 4, 2015
"If I Could Feel" just became my new crying-in-the-fetal position jam. Move over "Hello" #TheWizLive— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) December 4, 2015
Okay that was the most inspirational shit I've ever seen on TV and I watch Miss USA #TheWizLive— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) December 4, 2015
Can these crows be a boy band in real life though? #TheWizLive— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) December 4, 2015
But the Buffalo Bill mask is going to be a problem....#TheWizLive— Anna Kendrick (@AnnaKendrick47) December 4, 2015